The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2005, 09:25 AM   #161
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I actually felt quite certain that I was going to die last night; I thought I was a pretty obvious seer - but not to the wolves, thankfully.

Morm - I'm entirely more suspicious of Saurreg than you. The reason you're in the list is because everyone but you and Saurreg are known to be absolutely one thing or another. For one thing, if you were a wolf, I highly doubt you would have been the first vote for Gil on Day 1.

But I await the word of Oromin before setting my opinion in stone, so to speak.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:29 AM   #162
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Morm, you certainly convinced me that you were the Seer. In any case, I find the evidence against Saurreg stronger. If the double lynching proves her to be innocent, we'll kill morm. Easy.

All we need to do is organise the double lynching.
Well I'm glad I convinced at least somebody Wished it would have actually worked as the decoy but oh well.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #163
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A proposal

Decoy or no decoy, this game may be done by the end of toDay.

There are eight villagers left. I propose that we split up the vote 3 to 3 among the innocents so that the only way Holby and Saurreg (I assume) can mess up a double lynching is by both voting for one of themselves.

So let the following agree to vote for Holbytlass:

LMP
Firefoot
Lhunardawen

and let the remaining vote for Saurreg:

Guy
Oromuinalwen
Mormegil

How Holby will vote, if she does, I don't know and don't really care because it won't matter. If Holby and Saurreg vote both vote for Saurreg, making it 5 to 3 and then he is lynched, we'll find out either that he is innocent (which I doubt) and therefore Mormegil is a werewolf (which I doubt ), and then we try for a double lynching again tomorrow again.... but come to think of it, could this not play into the hands of the remaining werewolf by them being able to consistently dump the vote away from the remaining werewolf? Maybe we should just get rid of Holby toDay and Saurreg the following Day. Thoughts?

Edit: Or we could have the two seers be the two last people to vote, in the nick of time, to make sure it comes out to a double lynching.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:43 AM   #164
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
LMP - as you said, four people should vote now, two for Holbytlass and two for Saurreg. If it looks like they're gonna screw it up, two people should stay towards the end and even out the score.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #165
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, let's have the four active villagers vote as soon as possible: LMP, Guy, Firefoot and Mormegil, as I listed above. I'll start.

++ Holbytlass

I await others' cooperation.

Let's get 'em!

Edit: Hold it. As I recall, Orom & Lhuna, though known innocents now, vote both late and well before the time limit, so they can't be used as our clean up hitters. I can't either. Therefore, we need both Guy & Firefoot to vote last. Nothing against Mormegil, whom I almost completely trust, but he's not a known innocent. Okay?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-16-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #166
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

++Saurreg
Old 07-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #167
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Darn it. Sorry to have caused you to jump the gun, Guy. Well, Morm, you get to prove that you are as innocent as we think you are by joining with Firefoot as one of our pair of cleanup hitters. Please, FF & Morm, vote last.

Edit: Looks like you and I cross posted, Mormegil; this message should have cleared up your question.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-16-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #168
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Being that guy voted already do you want me to hang around or not?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #169
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

A somewhat superfluous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
I'm sorry I haven't posted much. The reason I didn't vote yesterday is because I forgot when the vote was going to end. I just have to remember to vote at night, because I'm not generally awake in the morning when DAY ends. tgwbs, all I can say is that I was initially suspicious of you (mostly yesterDAY), but once lmp confirmed that you were indeed sherrifs, I trusted you. What this means, I will leave you to work out...
Now that we know Orominuialwen is Seer #1, it's obvious that she chose me to dream about on Night one, and learned of my innocence at least, and possibly that I was a shirriff (maybe not the second half). I guess therefore that calling attention to myself as "the bum" didn't entirely throw off the potential success of the villagers. Nice hint-dropping there, Oro; I wish I'd caught it earlier.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #170
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Is this it? Am I thwarted?

LMP and TGWBS, bane of my existence... Too clever you two.

For shame! For shame!

Very well, my end draws near. I have nothing to loose. I hereby confess to being a werewolf and committing the murders of Feanor, Kath and Nilp.

Farewell cruel world... I should get what I deserved.

Take my life, take my blood. But I beg of you all, don't take the face.

I wanna die pretty.

Thank you.

P.S: Mormegil, our little charade is over. Will you not come clean too?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #171
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
When the day is over, this wretched beast will perish for its twisted nature and be no more. But before that sorrowful moment comes to pass my dear friends (and could have been delicious suppers), I Saurreg must speak once more. Firstly to add to my previous request, I bruise easily so don't use a rope that's too rough and secondly, I know you've all admired and dare I say envied over this perfect, smooth and tight alabaster skin (don't hate me cuz I'm gifted this way). Pray not pierce this body with cruel spikes and forks because you all don't want to destroy something so beautiful, no?

Lastly and on a more serious note I must speak of Eomer of the Rohirrim and confess to the great disservice I have rendered to him.

Eomer, sweet Eomer. I have committed great wrong against thee by exploiting thy courteous and noble heart, and twisting that pure soul with cruel hands. What thou started with innocent humour and mirth, I return with calculated cunningness and dark malice to shape my ends. And in doing so I caused thee an unfair burden of guilt and shame that should have been mine to bear.

It tore into me when I read thy vote and at that moment all glee and pride evaporated and I became remorseful myself.

Now I wonder what would happen when I cross yonder dark river and come face to face with Eomer of the Rohirrim again. Will he find it in that noble heart of his to forgive my cruel manipulations and let us embrace? Or will that handsome face turn dark and terrible, turn away and never look at me again? I shudder to think of the possibilities, especially when they are of my own making.

There I am done. Do what you must.

How can this lycan continue such a sickening masquerade for long when pangs of guilt pierces its dark heart?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #172
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
P.S: Mormegil, our little charade is over. Will you not come clean too?
Am I missing something? If Holbytlass is a wolf, and Saurreg is (admittedly) a wolf, what does Morm have to do with anything?

Or did Saurreg miss that I had dreamed of Holby (I'm not sure how he could...), and think that he could change the double lynching to himself and Morm?

Tell me if I'm missing something really obvious here...
Old 07-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #173
mormegil
Maundering Mage

No, you're not missing anything. It's a last ditch attempt to bring somebody down with him and try and stay alive.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #174
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, that's what I figured.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:01 PM   #175
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
NO No no.....It wasn't a seer dream Firefoot had, it-it was a nightmare, ya that's all. I think she had me on her mind because she ate my most famous mushroom soup too late at night and it gave her indigestion and nasty FALSE dreams. GRRRR, I'm going to get you, Firefoot!! I'll wait till the last possible second and vote Saurreg. Then you're mine tonight!!
NO! I didn't mean for this to happen, it was Saurreg and Gil-Galad. They caught me in the forrest one night as I was gathering said famous mushrooms and forced me to join their evil minion by their cursed bites! grr you haven't got me yet!!

In memory of Nilp, whom it was delicious to see quartered!!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 PM   #176
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Holby, you're finished. I have some good news and some bad news. First of all, I am the other Seer. The bad news is that I too dreamt of Holbytlass last night. Just to back myself up (I don't think you'll need it at this point, but I'll do it anyway), I dreamed of Eomer on NIGHT 1 (in post 51 I said I had a gut feeling he was innocent; I was trying to be subtle) and of lmp on NIGHT 2 (he's already quoted my post on that.)

I too thought I would die last NIGHT (my first post yesterDAY was anything but subtle) or that you would lynch me toDAY for defending Gil (I honestly did think he was innocent), but I'm glad to be around to help, even if my dream was redundant. I won't be around again until after to DAY is over, so I'll cast my vote now as lmp proposed.

++ SAURREG

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-16-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: punctuation
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 01:34 AM   #177
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I know that we have about 6 or 7 hours left but due to the fact that my daughter isn't feeling well I'm not sure when I'll be able to vote. So I regret that I need to vote now but I see no other way out of it.

++Saurreg
Old 07-17-2005, 05:13 AM   #178
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

So this is how everything ends...

Yes, I am the Hunter. You could just imagine the guilt that I felt after the werewolves went after Kath, probably thinking she was the Hunter after defending the role (post #30). It was a good thing, though, that they chose not to kill me; otherwise I would have taken the Seer with me. Yeah, yeah, I was totally wrong about Oromin. Guess she was way too subtle. Sorry, dearie.

But for some strange and unknown reason, since Day 1 I have suspected Holby. That suspicion finally solidified by Day 2. Come Night 2, I chose Holby as my hunt-ee over Saurreg.

I was hoping that the werewolves would come after me, but I didn't think they would since like them, I was under suspicion. My poor brother. Sleep in peace, and you too confusing beings living in his cranium.

So, here it goes.

++Holbytlass

(Haha. I am so dense. I suspected both Seers! Well, I did have a feeling Firefoot was learned, didn't I? )
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:32 AM   #179
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Been without power from 4:15 p.m. until 12:15 a.m. or I would have bugged everybody with more superfluous posts.

Firefoot still has to do a last minute vote. Although it appears that Holbytlass and Saurreg have conceded on the strategic merits of the villagers, as it is now only a matter of time. I guess we can wait this out until the official end of the Day. (impatient, grrrrrr)
Old 07-17-2005, 05:46 AM   #180
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Is it me, or are Holby and Saurreg going to abstain from voting?

EDIT: Just so lmp doesn't look like he is answering to a ghost on the next post, I asked about the time this Day will end, then deleted it for some reason.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-17-2005 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:47 AM   #181
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Either 9:30 a.m. or 12 noon, EDT, depending upon the whims of the moddess goddess.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:54 AM   #182
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It seems that way, but I'd prefer if they left no doubt.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:30 AM   #183
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++SAURREG
I said I'd wait till the last possible second, but Moddess Goddess didn't give one!! GGGRRRRRR!!
Old 07-17-2005, 07:42 AM   #184
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Seems to me Holby's beginning to transform with all those growls...
Old 07-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #185
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Holbytlass

It seems that the only way we're going to achieve a double-lynching is if Saurreg votes for Holby... somehow I don't see that happening. I don't think it really matters if I vote now or after Saurreg votes (if he does).
Old 07-17-2005, 08:19 AM   #186
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Either 9:30 a.m. or 12 noon, EDT, depending upon the whims of the moddess goddess.

My whim was going to be "Okay, my whim says that, with Holby's post, DAY has ended." but then I hit "quote" and saw that Footie got in a tied post. So, my whim has now changed to "You've got until 10:30."

If Saurreg can sneak in in that time, you guys keep from a double lynching. Oh, what a shame that would be.

LMP, you really shouldn't cater to my whims when I've been up all night.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #187
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm... I guess I misread the votes earlier. Expect Saurreg's death shortly.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #188
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
If Saurreg can sneak in in that time, you guys keep from a double lynching.
Actually, the only way we could get a double lynching is if Saurreg does show up and vote for Holby. I'm counting 4 votes for Saurreg (TGWBS, Oromin, Morm, Holby) and 3 for Holby (LMP, Lhuna, Firefoot). Saurreg is the only one who hasn't voted.

Edit: Okay, nevermind.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #189
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The villagers surrounded Saurreg unexpectedly. He laughed in their faces.

"No," admonished one of the villager. "He's really a she."
"He is?"
"No, she is."
"Wait, what?"

During this time, Saurreg stepped forward calmly.

"You know... at first I was afraid." [s]he said. The villagers stopped quarreling, confused. "I was petrified. I kept thinking that I could never fool you fellows with my lies. But then we spent several nights plotting how to do you wrong, and I grew strong. We wolves learned how to get along."

"Quite wolf! Get back!" cried the villagers, surprisingly in tune. They stepped forward together in a threatening and well-choreographed way. "Back to your place. Just wipe that innocent and reasonable look off of your face!"

"You should have changed all of your locks." Saurreg told them, a little late, as it were.

"We should have made her leave her key." the villagers muttered.
"If I'd known for any short amount of time how badly she'd bother me..." muttered another villager.
"So... you just felt like explaining and expect us to be meek? Well, we're saving all our meekness for someone that you don't be!"

With that, the villagers stepped forward on cue. In the background, Holby growled menacingly, but mostly harmlessly. She watched it all with a grin. Her late vote had sealed Saurreg's fate, leaving her to kill once more... just to spite the village. There was no picturable way that she could still win... But she could give the Moddess Goddess her deepest desire in taking out the Hunter in one last, entertainingly-narrated battle. Or she could kill a Seer or someone. Either way, she would never win. Pity.

Saurreg was now surrounded. [S]he growled, transforming. Lhuna stepped forward.

"No worries, my doves, I'll handle this." And so she did, reaching forward with one quick motion and finishing off the werewolf Saurreg with a move not unlike what, in the future, would be called the Vulcan death-grip. Saurreg dropped like a rock and changed back into his small and gender-unsure form.

The village had bagged another wolf. They knew the final one. There would be a final death tonight, but what was one sacrifice, when they knew that Holby would die in the morrow?

----------------------------

It is now NIGHT. Holbytlass, send me the name of your spite-kill. Oro and Footie, send me a dream, pointless as it is. I suspect you will both dream of Morm. Lhuna, you should send me a name post haste. TGWBS and LMP, don't PM each other. Mormegil... remain pointlessly suspicious for a little while longer.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #190
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

She lay deep in dream as the final night crawled by. Suddenly she woke, startled by a polite knock at the door. Oromin got up to answer, quite appropriately cautiously, given yesterday's occurences.

She glanced out the window and was relieved to see Lhuna.

"Have you heard any odd noises?" she asked hurriedly. "Seen anything out of the ordinary?" Orominuialwen shook her head sleepily. She had guessed this might happen.

"She's gone... isn't she?" she murmered, not particularly afraid.

"Yes." said the Hunter shortly. "I've been tracking her for hours, but to no avail. Our wolf has given me the slip."

"No, I've not seen her." Oromin paused, remembering. Suddenly a loud noise erupted from Firefoot's home, across the way. Lhuna turned on her heel and sprinted toward the sound. Oromin went back into her home, closing the door and barring it. She made her way quietly to her bed. Her dreams had been uneasy as of late. Unthinkingly, she scrawled a few lines in her nightly journal. It was an odd comment, but perhaps some of the villagers would appreciate the thought behind it.

As Oromin made to climb into bed, a pale white hand grasped her ankle. She screamed, looking down, to see the body of Holbytlass sliding gracefully from under the frame. She transformed inch by inch as her flesh met the moonlight flooding the room. Oromin froze, calm, her pale white night gown swaying in a non-existant breeze.

"The sound..." she murmered. "A diversion?"

Holbytlass laughed throatily. "Very good, my dear. Amazing how swiftly people will chase flashes and bangs, when a little subtlety does the trick in such a neater fashion."

Oromin had seen it coming. Nightmares of this instant had plagued her for days. She stood bravely, face to face with Holbytlass, now fully transformed. She met her eyes without a tremble. Her shoulders were braced, and she smiled tiredly.

"You may kill me, wolf... but you will die for it. Do you doubt me? I have Seen. It is well known who you are, and what you do. The monster within you has taken your soul completely. You are no longer a maiden of the twilight, but a child of the night, bathed in darkness and fear. I do not fear you, and I do not fear my death. Though please," she added. "have pity and slay me swiftly."

----------------------------------------

The village woke up the next morning to a raging storm. The wolf had evaded the Hunter and it was guessed that the worst had happened. They convened in the village park once again, soaked to the bone by the falling sheets of rain. The wind buffeted them, and lightening lit the sky.

"T'will be a pity to lose her today.... terribly good chef. So clever too..."

A sudden blinding flash struck the lightening rod affixed to Orominuialwen's home. The villagers looked up and gasped. Arranged amongst large pineapples and peppers, chunks of their first Seer's flesh where skewered upon the pole like some sort of macabre shish-kabob. The village sprinted to her home as fast as physics allowed them. The door was sligthly open.

Cautiously they pushed forward and examined the room. There was a small amount of blood on the floor by the bed, but other than that, no signs of struggle. Firefoot glanced to the bedside table and noted the journal. She read aloud in understanding and wonder:

I found it kind of funny... as well as sad....
The dreams in which I died were the best I ever had.

---------------------------------------

DAY has now begun.

Enjoy. You know the rules.
Oh, yes... sorry about the full inbox. I was out buying new toys (a digital camera and HP6 [good book, I recommend it], if you're interested) and couldn't get to my computer to delete until this morning.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-18-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #191
mormegil
Maundering Mage

What I find comical is that yesterday as a village we knew who the wolves were and yet didn't kill both of them .

Anyway no need for any real debate

++Holybtlass

I wonder if she dare vote today or not?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #192
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

[QUOTE=littlemanpoet]Instead: Lynch Suspect A; have Seer #1 dream suspect B; have Seer # 2 dream suspect C.[QUOTE]

++LittleManPoet

Not that it will get me anywhere, but it's for his stupid plan!!!!
And Morm, I DARE!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:01 AM   #193
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I am honored to be so singled out by the doomed

++Holbytlass
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #194
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

++Holbytlass

Once we're done, can we turn her into a kebab please? I've never had werewolf before. Nicely ironic too.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #195
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Holby-kabob? We'll see.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:34 PM   #196
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Holbytlass

Werewolf meat? Ew...
Old 07-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #197
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Holbytlass grinned toothily at the remaining villagers. "And just how did you plan on killin' me then?" she asked interestedly. The villagers traded glances. To be honest, they had no idea. They had assumed she would attack and that it would be a melodramatic fight to the death, filled with passionate cries, blood-curdling screams, and yells of a nature so theatrical that I shall not endeavor to describe them here. And now the wolf wanted to know how she was going to die.

"Well..." said one quick thinking villager. "Why don't you tell us how you think you're going to die."

Holby laughed wolfishly and looked at them with an interestingly pitying glance. "I believe," she said, "that you will first take several steps back, to throw me off guard."

"Of course we were going to do that!" cried the villagers, cottoning on to the way of avoiding the terribly embarrassing situation of being caught unprepared. They stepped back and muttered unconvincingly... to throw off the wolf.

"And then," she smiled, "you were going to send forth your Sherriffs to flank me, I'm assuming."

TGWBS and LMP stepped forward brawnily. Several lasses that had been entirely uninvolved and imaginary up until this moment swooned at their heroism. The men grinned at each other, and made to grip her arms. She let them, continuing.

"Perhaps you had then planned to send forth your Hunter to intimidate me?" Lhuna stepped forth, brandishing a spear. "And of course, you will have wanted your Seer to tell me that it was a lost cause all along." Firefoot obliged.

"And what else did you think we had planned on doing, wolf!?" cried mormegil sharply. The charade was working, and they seemed to be closing in quite adeptly.

"Well," she added softly. "you had assumed that I would come... how is it? Oh yes... that I would come quietly. I'm afraid that is out of the question. What sort of wolf would I be if I simply gave up?" And with that she transformed into a shape more terrifying and wolfish than ever before. Perhaps it was only that the village had not yet seen her transform in the daylight, but she seemed bigger even than Gil-Galad had. She seemed more subtle even than Saurreg had. A terrifying sight, really.

Firefoot stepped back, stumbling. Holbytlass swooped upon her like a demented owl, scratching the bejeezus out of her face. TGWBS and LMP dove for her but she brushed them aside, aiming for the defenseless mormegil. She cuffed him hard upside the left second rib and he dropped, gasping for water. From the shadows, Lhunartemis the Hunter threw her silver-tipped spear. Though she had missed out on catching the wolf last night, she did not miss now. Her aim was true and she skewered the wolf neatly. Holbytlass froze, looking down at the stake that had so neatly pierced her heart. She tossed TGWBS some mushrooms from her pocket as she transformed back to her petite human frame.

"Werewolf," she gasped in pain, "I am told... tastes marvelous when skewered with--" she fell to the ground, crumpled with pain. "With... mushrooms" she gasped "and A1 steak sauce." With that, the final werewolf was no more. Actually, she was still there, neatly skewered into a Holby-kabob, but her spirit was no more.

Actually, strictly speaking, that was inaccurate as well. What the triumphant village had assumed was a gathering mist was actually the departed spirits of the deceased. Eomer of the Rohirrim's translucent figure could be seen, just barely, playing the lute on the edge of the well. Nilpaurion danced a lively jig with Alice before Adam stole her away for a round. Kath floated happily above the villagers heads, bobbing to the beat. Gil-Galad, Saurreg, and Holby's pearly spirits hovered off in a quiet corner, looking morose. The village had won. The celebration would last all night and could, finally, be posted on this thread.

Congratulations Village!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #198
mormegil
Maundering Mage

"Like a demented owl"??? What's that about?

And Mormegil defenseless...

To be honest, maybe even prideful, I'm proud of myself in this game. I had Gil-Galad and Holby figured out fairly early on. I'm usually so bent on my "Kill the phantom" strategy that I don't see anybody else.

Very fun though awfully one sided...sorry about that wolves.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #199
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I take it that you disliked my simile? I was rather fond of it, really.

By "defenseless", I mean role-less. You were the poor innocent villager. Which meant that Holby got to pick on you. You played well, morm. So there.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #200
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
"Like a demented owl"??? What's that about?
Normal owls don't try to kill people, y'see.

Well, that was fun(ky). Expect Shirriff talk soon.

Thanks Fea for the Holby-kabob. I'm sure my village-self enjoyed it. I laughed long and hard at the scene (wait... this isn't feeding your ego is it?).