The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 04:54 AM   #561
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
An interesting dream came to me last night...

I was in Liverpool (probably coming home from University) and I went into the 'Forbidden Planet' shop (a comic book shop with lots of Lord of the Rings and Doctor Who stuff! My brother calls it the 'nerd shop' ) and was looking at a copy of The Silmarillion for some reason.
All of a sudden, Lal and Davem rush in and tell me 'there is something terrible happening on the Downs!' I went to the cashier and ask if I can use the computer. The man says 'okay' and so I log onto the Downs. For some reason there is a video clip of The Barrow Wight saying 'As of today, The Barrow Downs is going to become a Harry Potter fan site.'
Turning around, I see that Lal and Davem as well as Rune, Fea and Spawn are all there and holding shotguns. I remember chasing them down the road shouting, "Killing the Barrow Wight won't solve anything!"

A dream? Prophecy? Or just plain silliness? You decide!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 AM   #562
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I don't know about Lal and Davem, but Fea and I are lethal! and Spawn does have that dark side to her personality. . . .actually it is all dark.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #563
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Now we know where Hookbill gets his stories for the Downer. They are all a product of too much cheese at bedtime! Or have you been watching The 51st State?

'Nerd shop'. Pht! That shop was the height of cool in the 80s (when it was called Worlds Apart, I think), and it made up the 'cool' shopping circuit between Probe Records and Quiggins.

Anyway, more cheese all round. All of these dreams of smiting thunderboxes (sorry lmp, Mithalwen has now given me the curious mental image of your tent being struck down by a flaming Elsan portaloo) and comic shop violence are keeping me amused.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #564
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Now we know where Hookbill gets his stories for the Downer. They are all a product of too much cheese at bedtime! Or have you been watching The 51st State?
I've never seen 'The 51st State' so I think it must be the Cheese!
I just had cheese (and nachos) as part of my tea... so there will probably be more odd dreams coming up... Watch this space, folks.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #565
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
I've never seen 'The 51st State' so I think it must be the Cheese!
I just had cheese (and nachos) as part of my tea... so there will probably be more odd dreams coming up... Watch this space, folks.
I shall do my bit. I have some lovely rotten blue cheese in the fridge so I shall scoff a chunk at bedtime (maybe I'll even leave my teeth unbrushed so davem also has a disturbed night...). Maybe I shall have some lucid dreams and relieve davem, Rune, Fea and Spawn of their weaponry in my role as DI Lalwende. Or I'll dream of a Valkyrie on a flying thunderbox...
Old 11-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #566
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Turning around, I see that Lal and Davem as well as Rune, Fea and Spawn are all there and holding shotguns. I remember chasing them down the road shouting, "Killing the Barrow Wight won't solve anything!"

A dream? Prophecy? Or just plain silliness? You decide!
Silliness.

If I was going to shoot anybody, there wouldn't be chasing or shotguns. Think more of sniper rifles or a silenced Walther PPK. Grant me a little finesse in your dreams, please, love.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #567
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Boots

This morning I was delighted to be visited with a dream about Torchwood. I was a character in Torchwood after an incident in which I accidentally left most of my household towels in a hotel bedroom and couldn't get them back. Captain Jack came to the rescue by telling me it was all just a bad dream, but I had the feeling there was more in the dream but he would not tell me and wanted me to find out for myself. So I had to join Torchwood in order to find out. We investigated some burns victims and aliens and this weird man who had an archway in the sky overlooking some coastal defences (which Captain Jack said should have been painted red). The sea was sucking the water in and out of the defences viciously and it went dark and the funny man jumped down and then walked across the surface of the sea to the shore. Then those of us in Torchwood were sitting outside a castle eating (it was too busy inside the banqueting hall) and I thought I was about to find out Captain Jack's secret about the dream when the BBC announcer said further episodes of Torchwood would be suspended due to lack of funding and replaced with something called 'The adventures of Jane Jarvis'. Then the credits rolled on our TV lives and the scriptwriters were narfforc and Hookbill!

I hadn't ate any cheese.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #568
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Then the credits rolled on our TV lives and the scriptwriters were narfforc and Hookbill!
Well I do secretly write for The BBC.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #569
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Well I do secretly write for The BBC.
But do you know Captain Jack's secret? I wanted to go back to sleep and try and find out what it was - it was like something only he and I knew but I couldn't remember and at the end of the dream it was as though we would all be frozen in time until the BBC got enough funding to show the rest of the series - but then davem had me sausage buttie ready so I had to get up.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:54 AM   #570
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I'm not sure what exactly spurred this on, but I just had a vivid day dream consisting of Hookbill hanging curtains in the commons of my dorm-house and Gurthang popping out of metal trash bins ala Oscar the Grouch... only scarier.

I'm considering it a sign that I should be more active in Goomba related issues else there be horrifying results! ... which may or may not involve Gurthang
Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 AM   #571
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
consisting of Hookbill hanging curtains in the commons of my dorm-house
Well, those curtains had committed Piracy at sea which is, of course, punished with death by hanging. Those blasted curtains have stolen their last treasure chest!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #572
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Strangely, Noggie was somewhere the minute when Boro came, so I got to welcome him and his wife (? it was some woman he had with him).~Thinlomien
Very interesting dream . You weren't looking into my future, perhaps and marrying some lovely Miss Boro, would you be by any chance? Do a lot of your dreams come true?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #573
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Very interesting dream. You weren't looking into my future, perhaps and marrying some lovely Miss Boro, would you be by any chance? Do a lot of your dreams come true?
Well, usually they don't and them being quite weird most of the time it's a good thing. Anyway I don't think it automatically prevents you finding a Mrs Boro "the first time is a time as well"*, as the Finnish proverb goes...

But, I hope at least the part of Goldberry being my mum won't come true since I'm quite fond of my current mother.

----
* that of course might be an international proverb, and in that case that most certainly isn't the correct translation
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #574
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

I think Hookbill's 'Downs Newspaper is getting inside my head.

So, I think in last weeks (or perhaps the week before) there was a picture of a little koopa troopa with the headline 'Fake Hookbill finally exposed' or something to that effect.

Anyway, I had a dream that I was the one who caught the imposter...I don't have too many dreams that I remember, but by far it was the strangest dream I had since first watching 'Dumb and Dumber' and having C-bass break down my door and kick the snot out of me. (Which was a long time ago).

It was like a dream within a dream, because in my dream I was sleeping, then I woke up to see this little imposter Hookbill running around my room. I got out of bed and caught it in my comforter saying 'Yes, I got him! I got him! He's in my sheet!' I must have woke up and still been half sleeping because, for a good 2 minutes I was holding my comforter as if I had a little imposter Hookbill in there repeating 'I got him! He's right here!' Then I came to my senses and realized there was no fake Hookbill in my sheet and I didn't catch him...drat.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #575
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Then I came to my senses and realized there was no fake Hookbill in my sheet and I didn't catch him...drat.
Arrr! Ye'll never catch me! Avast!

And, for the record, it was last weeks edition and it was a little Goomba, not a Koopa trooper.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #576
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ya, that's what it was...a Goomba. I'm not caught up on my Mario terms...at least they're from Mario right?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #577
FeRaL sHaDoW
Wight

FeRaL sHaDoW has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to FeRaL sHaDoW
i had a dream i was taken by a barrow weight and it ate my face.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #578
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
at least they're from Mario right?
Yup. That they be.

I had an odd dream just a few minuets ago. I went to sleep to pass the time and woke up thinking, "Eh?"

It began with me going onto the Barrow Downs only to find that I was always being re-directed to some tourist website about Antarctica. I recall being very suspicious because there were lots of Penguins on this website. My little brother, Jonathan (He was on here under the name Gelmir for a while) is into penguins big time, so I asked him what was going on.

It turned out, some how, that Thinlómien had kidnapped him and taken him to Antarctica. Naturally, I decided to go and find out why. On the way I, for reasons yet to be fathomed, ended up in Wales. Ka and Rune were there trying to break into a pirate treasure chest. Rune had some very complicated machine that looked like a modified digger. Ka was trying to throw the chest off a cliff.

"What is going on?" I asked, but they just told me to help them open it. So I opened it, for it was not locked. Both Rune and Ka then threw me off the cliff for 'trying to be clever'. Then I woke up.

Any explanations? Answers on a postcard.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:12 AM   #579
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
It turned out, some how, that Thinlómien had kidnapped him and taken him to Antarctica. Naturally, I decided to go and find out why.
Maybe because I wanted him to join The Penguin Militant Front...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #580
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I had one the other night as well, but I can't remember it. Here's last night's:

I, Fea, Mac, Rune, Lommy, and another BDer male (was it Nogrod?) were sitting on the floor somewhere in a mall and eating candy. I think Mac was the leader of our pack. Also, we seemed to have been waiting for someone.

Yup. That's it.

Anything special, Doctor Dream?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #581
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I seem to pop up in a lot of dreams lately. . . sweet!

On Hookbill's I would like to say that I am not the least bit suprised about our action, throwing you off a cliff seems like a sound thing to do.

and Lhuna, I would never let Mac be the leader of the pack. . .I would probably crumble before the feet of Fea, but she is an exeption.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #582
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I had one the other night as well, but I can't remember it. Here's last night's:

I, Fea, Mac, Rune, Lommy, and another BDer male (was it Nogrod?) were sitting on the floor somewhere in a mall and eating candy. I think Mac was the leader of our pack. Also, we seemed to have been waiting for someone.

Yup. That's it.

Anything special, Doctor Dream?
The mall's the Downs and the candy is all the fun you have here. You're waiting for another Downser. Pack? Waiting for a werewolf game?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #583
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Let's see if I can remember how this went...

I was apparently this long-hoped for heroine...I went to Gurthang the armorer/forger for fostoring until my time came. Gurthang was rather middle-aged and very overweight...he may have had some physical problems due to this. (Sorry, Gurth.)

While I was learning the ancient art of making chain mail out of wire rings, my time came, and I was to go out to face the bad guy, who appeared to be Nogrod.

I was assisted by my faithful Hookbill, and I think EomerotR and Lommy. We charged onto the field yelling bloody murder, and I woke up.

I don't know how it ended. I probably won.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #584
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
I was assisted by my faithful Hookbill, and I think EomerotR and Lommy. We charged onto the field yelling bloody murder, and I woke up.
"BLOODY MURDER!"

Hmm... Perhaps we should think of a better war cry.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:25 AM   #585
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
The mall's the Downs and the candy is all the fun you have here. You're waiting for another Downser. Pack? Waiting for a werewolf game?
Nah, Mac just rhymed with pack.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #586
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I forgot to mention that I like Hookbill and around the same time had a dream about Arctic waters, but there where no downers (save for maybe me)

Instead it was with Snoop Dog, Janet Jackson and Mike Tramp. . . .

Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #587
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I forgot to mention that I like Hookbill. . . .
So... You would only push me off a cliff... respectfully?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #588
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Ka was trying to throw the chest off a cliff.
The treasure chest probably had foil wrapped chocolate coins in it. Of course I tried to throw it over, no one should have to eat the chocolate inside, since it usually is not too pleasant chocolate.

Plus, chocolate is a root of greed you know...

Pushing you off a cliff, hookbill?

Pfffsh, such a violent opinion there my friend. Now I can only imagine what you think of me normally, probably taking to walking through a park and applying superglue to benches or some such thing...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #589
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
A Downer was haunting my dreams last night.

For some reason, I wanted to go to two stores before picking my friends up to see a movie: the grocery store and somewhere else. I managed to spend about an hour in the grocery store (there weren't any groceries there, though... and I didn't seem to care that I was late to pick up my friends) looking for a Christmas present for Thinlomien. I looked at small penguin stuffed animals but figured that she'd already own them, so I decided on this squirrel thing that looked remarkably like one of my dogs' toys.

So... Merry Christmas, Lommy?
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #590
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed last night that Meneltarmacil was making all kinds of demands for the narration of his character in WW 28...including "I want to say "GAH!" a lot, and I want to levitate."

I totally told him no. Sorry, Menel.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #591
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

Hmm, I've played a number of strange personalities in Werewolf before, but nothing quite like that...

Anyhow, nice to know I wound up in someone else's dream.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #592
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It seems I've been haunting quite many dreams lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
. . . so I decided on this squirrel thing that looked remarkably like one of my dogs' toys.
A Chat Skrewl? Is that a hint?

I had a BD dream a few nights ago. I, my mother and my little sister were going to Destiny's Child's concert. (I - or my mum or my sis - don't even like Destiny's Child. In fact I dislike it. So I wonder why was that.) Before the concert I got a sms from Glirdan saying: "Hello, would you like to see me, Wilwa and Jenny?" I agreed and went to see them instead of going to the concert. Glirdan was a short (about 150cm), fat guy with the face of his late Idols-Jackson -avvie who loved hugging people. (Sorry Glirdy, that's not the way I really picture you... ) I don't remember what Wilwa looked like, but Jenny was her avvie, though she was wearing ones of my sister's favourite clothes... Nothing really happened in that dream: I just talked all the time hardly giving Glirdy, Wilwa or Jenny a chance to say anything and in the end Noggie came and said "hello" to all and went to shopping food.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #593
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
"the first time is a time as well"*, as the Finnish proverb goes...

* that of course might be an international proverb, and in that case that most certainly isn't the correct translation
I haven't heard that one but I know the German adage "Einmal ist Keinmal" (once is never/once doesn't count/ one time is no time..)

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #594
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
While I was learning the ancient art of making chain mail out of wire rings, my time came, and I was to go out to face the bad guy, who appeared to be Nogrod.

I don't know how it ended. I probably won.
It must have ended up even as I still feel quite alive...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #595
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I have had 2 dreams about Cailin. . .

1. I am standing, half hiding behind some tube that are standing upright. Cailin is standing with her back to me talking to Eomer, she is telling him about a conversation she had with me word by word, the more she tells, the more angry Eomer looks and in the end he is sending me a look of death and destruction.

2.Cailin is wearing a really ugly sweater. . . .that is it.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-10-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 AM   #596
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
1. I am standing, half hiding behind some tube that are standing upright. Cailin is standing with her back to me talking to Eomer, she is telling him about a conversation she had with me word by word, the more she tells, the more angry Eomer looks and in the end he is sending me a look of deat and destruction.
Ooh, ooh, is this the first 'downs triangle drama?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #597
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night I dreamed that Diamond18 came to my house for a visit. Only it wasn't quite my house, me and my sisters' conjoined bathroom morphed into a conjoined kitchen.

I fear I might have overwhelmed miss Sarah, I kept trying to cook her some food, and show her my music CDs. Then we ran out of food, and under fear of starvation, we dipped into the oooooold stash of sticky nut buns my Dad had been saving for an emergency. They were barely stale. Then Di started crying and told me she wanted to leave, and I woke up.

Sorry, Di.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #598
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Ooh, ooh, is this the first 'downs triangle drama?
Possibly. . . .I probably won't dare to go to Aberdeen for some time

Old 01-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #599
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
not much of a dream, more a realization

if i see a thread with the last poster being Manwe, then i know the anwser has been solved and i have no use explaining it...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #600
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I had a very weird dream last night. . .

Davem and Lal was visiting me and I had a lot of activities planned, but no matter what I sugested they just wanted to go for a walk. . . .while Davem and Lal was one of these walk me and my friend Steffen jumped on a bus to Amsterdam, in Amsterdam we spottet Cailin at a major square watching a movie with one of my friends father. When we got of the bus they started to walk away, when I called their names Cailin stopped, but my friends father continued walking. Steffen, Cailin and I started to talk and was soon joined by another friend of mine, Christoffer. Then I woke up.