The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
KL70
Newly Deceased

KL70 has just left Hobbiton.
What's so far been the most unexpected journey you've ever had in real life ?

What's so far been the most (serious and/or humorous) unexpected journey you've ever had in real life ?
KL70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
My desperate sojourn at a concert last month in search of a clean restroom with paper towels,
Old 08-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mine includes romance, politics, and a sword fight...

Yay verilly twas some time ago September 30, 2006. I had been campaigning for a man running for "Congress" a man who had tried to outlaw chocolate. He had misunderstood the difference between cacao leaves and beans one for cocaine the other for chocolate. despite this stumble I carried on campaigning.

One day I was to distribute fliers throughout the land decrying our incumbent and speaking the victories of our candidate. It was a tiring task so I enlisted the aid of my fine mannered friend and Companion Juanathon or just Juan as his real name is. I promised a trip to a mall many miles away in the north, it would be his prize to be gleaned from his efforts.

We spent hours walking door to door being laughed at by the locals unaccustomed to the a cahllenger going against "Their Guy." After a suh hardships I did as promised and drove Juanathon to the mall of the north where we had run ins with... well it was pretty dull really, it was a mall.

Then betrayal! In KB Toys I found my ever loyal companion brandishing a blade against me, A Sword of Foam! I took up arms against this insolence and the foam sword battle raged for Seconds on end! Then exhausted by the heat of battle he surrendered I put down my blade in victory that was when She came.

A voice from behind me, "You should not have put down your sword." A sneak attak I took on this new challenger this female warrior. I succumbed in the end to her superior foam sword battle skills.

And that's how I met my wife.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
a time long ago, i had lived about two decades of life, two years into marriage, and pregnancy number two when husband dropped me, child one and two great danes in a little house with two stories (technically-loft) on an intersection of two country roads with two neighbors and two stores (convenience store that didn't even sell gas, and a post office) for six months-six wintry snowy months and i had lived in the south where it never snowed.
a job lost and new one found caused husband to live and work in another part of the country so he could only come home one weekend a month.

a time when phones were still landed and some still corded. only the wealthy, not rich,wealthy had mo-bile phones in vehicles or bags and the coolest thing for the commoners was the pager (fine, pause a moment and ask your grand/parent what that is)...a time before phone companies offered anything unlimited. long distance pricing was still based on "per minute".

there was such a thing as cablevision, but that was a luxury we couldnt afford. in the far reaches of that wintry mountainous land even the antennae didnt work as in no t.v!! didnt have a radio (packed up)-the only i had was some books and three vhs tapes "sister Act" "forrest gump" and "maverick"

no tv, no radio, no phone calls (remember each minute cost dearly), and a vehicle that kept breaking down, no computer, no internet, facebook-ipods-netflix-myspace didnt even exist

town was an hour away so no going there for every little thing!
just me and our one year old and two dogs. it was rough, weird and unexpected but i'm glad for that experience... i found my inner strength