The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2004, 11:20 AM   #1
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up New Year Resolutions

After trying unsuccessfully to edit a particularly bad post of mine on the Haudh-en-Ndengin to correct my incredibly sloppy spelling and such, I have no choice but to resolve to edit my posts [over a paragraph long I tell myself] on Word before submitting them.

Being one of the worst offenders in this [and almost certainly the worst of all the old-timers here, I am sure some of you will be relieved.

Being one of the worst offenders in this [and almost certainly the worst of all the old-timers here, I am sure some of you will be relieved.

Anyone else have a Downs related 2004 [or from past years]Resolution to share?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:34 PM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

Ah, I share the same resolution as you, lindil.

Another of mine is to never again refer to myself as 'the number one' LOTR fan. Simply because it is not true, although I consider myself a big fan. There will always be someone more fanatic and eccentric than me, no matter what. It's reality. Also, it slightly irks me when other people claim the same thing about themselves, so why do something that irks me? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Another one is to avoid making topics that have already been done. I've been more careful about it lately, but in my first days as a 'Downser, I repeatedly made duplicate topics. =\

Finally, I resolve to try to voice my opinions more sensitively on the Downs, as so not to offend anyone. As we all should. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:28 PM January 05, 2004: Message edited by: DarkRose ]
Old 01-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

My New Year's Resolution isn't Downs related, but it definitely is Tolkien-related. I want to finally continue writing the Silmarillion Companion Book that I've been working on, on/off, for the past year and a half. I never really set aside much time to work on it, so I want to start doing that this year.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Quote:
Finally, I resolve to try to voice my opinions more sensitively on the Downs, as so not to offend anyone. As we all should.
That sounds like a good one, but I think I've been pretty good at not completely freaking out at anyone when they post something I completely disagree with, considering how many times I've screamed out loud "WHAT?!?" . [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #5
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

My resolution is pretty simple: get a job and make some money while learning important life and money lessons. How it's related to the Downs or LotR? If I have a job, I'll have less time to haunt this forum. If I have extra cash, I can buy even more books and my contributions will be better. My other resolution (much harder I think) is to quit being so nit-picky about details. I'm currently obsessing about Theatrical Legolas's directional sense, and Theatrical Boromir and Faramir's hair color. Also Boromir in general. He stopped a Balrog with a horn!!! Leggy was crying in a corner, Gandalf was upset, and what does Bori do? He faces it down, blows a horn, and it stops short. That's what I call cool.

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 11-27-2004 at 02:29 PM. Reason: per heren's oldster's request... sloppy tagging
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Two of my resolutions are LotR-related. I have resolved to read all of HoME this year. I'm still stuck on BoLT (yes I know that's sad, especially considering that I owned a copy of BoLT long before I owned UT, but I have read UT). I was rather annoyed when my mom started laughing when I told her this. My other relevant resolution is to finish my fanfic story because I only have about two paragraphs of it written. It's called The Lost Tale of Queen Berúthiel.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I haven't made any New Year's resolutions... because I'm already perfect.

Har. I did change my signature, though. That's something, eh wot?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:20 AM   #8
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Well, one resolution would be to get back to the more scholarly aspects of Lord of the Rings. I've kinda dwindled into a movie freak for the past year... and my merchandising has gotten out of hand.
I also would like to re-read The Silmarillion... so I'll make that a resolution for 2004.
Also, to start saving money so that I can go to more conventions... particularly one overseas.
I am also planning on making a Dernhelm costume for The Gathering in 2005; so, I'll have to get started on that this year.
And, of course, as for every year... get in shape! Hehe.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #9
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quite the bevy of Tolkien/Downs related resolutions! And here I was concerned about possibly starting a thread for naught .
Orominuialwen, I am with you on the HoM-E task this year, Although it is more on my wish list than an outright resolution. I hope to get through a Volume a Year. And hey, if you get too stuck going from Lost Tales to Peoples [my problem as well] you could always reverse it! I am seriously tempted to do that. But I will try and stick with the primary chronology first.
Happy New Years to all [and since this is the eve of the Old Calendar/Orthodox Christmas/Nativity] Merry Christmas as well!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:47 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #10
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Har. I did change my signature, though. That's something, eh wot?
Right on, Diamond! I need to change my signature, but I just can't find anything I want under my posts more than old Huck Finn! I'll find one and it will probably come out of left field and hit me in the side of the head like a nasty flying insect! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As for resolutions, I am resolving, somewhat like Frodo, to make it to Mount Doom this year. I am only just out of Rivendell, but I have chosen Frodo and Sam's path and I plan to stick with the entire nearly 1800 miles of it...right now, I just want to get to Lothlorien...uh, Moria...uh, Hollin...uh, Wild Country Path, maybe? (I suppose this could be construed as a "get in shape" resolution, couldn't it?)

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #11
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Quote:
I haven't made any New Year's resolutions... because I'm already perfect.
Of course, Di. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

I wasn't gonna post this. But then, if I post it, y'all can keep me honest. (Geeez, true confessions...) A few of you will recognize how Downs-Related this is... Responsibility: finish the things I start.

Quote:
"I have something to do before the end, and it lies ahead, not in the Shire. I must see it through, sir, if you understand me." (Sam; Fellowship of the Ring p. 98)
Old 01-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #12
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Sting

One of my many resolutions this year is to delve deeper into the world of Tolkien [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 07:46 PM   #13
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hmmm...I don't know...never had a New Year's resolution since '97.

But 'Downs-related? I try to be better organised. Starting with these icons.

- For general purposes.

- For my guesses at Quiz room . (I'm raising my hand...I'm raising my hand...)

- For any RPG-related posts.

- C'mon, everybody knows this!

- Whenever I pose a question (Yes, in the Quiz Room again... )

- For wrong answers.

and finally...

- For any post in the Books thread.

And then something about quoting. I've decided at a shorthand form of indicating the source of my quote (from the books, that is...)

Well, that's all I guess. Oh, wait. The Random non-LotR quotes! I can't decide when to stop them, but it might be soon(with an exciting concluding episode on the Quote Graveyard thread)

[ 8:48 PM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 12-06-2004 at 02:38 AM. Reason: coding. und alle möglich.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:08 PM   #14
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One thing ive gotta do is try really hard for my GCSE's this year (God help me).
Old 01-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #15
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

All I know is that I need to eat less mushrooms. Seriously, I porked out all christmas vacation on nothing but bloody mushrooms(and chocolate truffles). I'm starting to get sick of them, and that's bad people, that's bad!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #16
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril ^up^

Having successfully made it through Thanksgiving, it is officially the American Holiday Season. I predict [more] holiday commercials, [more] random Christmas songs, [more] humbugs floating around my house... My point, however, is that we have now entered the end-of-the-year bustle of cookies, forced family visits, gift giving, and the making of resolutions you do not intend to keep.

In the next year, I intend to follow through with requests, outright commands, and general wishes of my fellow Barrowdowners. Per request of the phantom, I plan to read Morgoth's Ring. After dancing about with Aman, I will try to make time for Shire RPGs. Pertaining to my most recent chat with Bethberry and Encai, I will continue my newly begun posting in The White Horse Inn. I will also appreciate Spock and Kirk more, starting by watching The Wrath of Khan.

What of you all, my friends? Have you begun to make resolutions? Will you keep them? For last years posters: were you able to keep any of your promises? I resolved to get a job... I had a summer job. I also resolved to buy more of the books... That I didn't do so well on, but I did receive a Complete Guide to Middle Earth from an old teacher, so there is a point to add to my tally. If only the rest of my un-Tolkienite resolutions went so well...

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 11-28-2004 at 02:16 PM. Reason: another thought
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #17
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I don't generally make resolutions, because I don't generally keep them. I've made a sort-of-promise, which I can carry through to next year: to watch the movies more (or at all at the moment), and to re-read the books thoroughly, and to begin studying them in more depth.

Downs related: I've never been clever, so I'm going to try and improve that. I want to join in with more discussions, make some realistic contributions to the forum, and generally improve my fame, fortune, likeability, and all the rest.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:34 PM   #18
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30
I wasn't gonna post this. But then, if I post it, y'all can keep me honest. (Geeez, true confessions...) A few of you will recognize how Downs-Related this is... Responsibility: finish the things I start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
"I have something to do before the end, and it lies ahead, not in the Shire. I must see it through, sir, if you understand me." (Fellowship of the Ring p. 98)
Gee, I didn't do too badly in 2004.... Still going to work on it for 2005, though.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:32 PM   #19
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't really make New Year's Resolutions since I never seem to keep them, but I suppose I'll try a few.

1. I will continue my way through HoME, who knows, maybe I'll finish Lost Tales 2 ere the end of this year.

2. I will try to post more on the CbC thread, since doing so is fun and teaches me a lot, but it's so time consuming.

3. Maybe I'll join Fea in one of the Inns, or somewhere in the Shire. (Hah... then I will never finish HoME!)

4. I'd like to start a thread analyzing the movie scores; I tried it on the IMDb forums and it failed miserably, but I know we've got some people here who know quite a lot about music and such, and we could probably have some really good discussion on it. So perchance I shall do so. Nay, I shall. And if I don't, anyone who wants is allowed to pester me until I do.

Quote:
I will also appreciate Spock and Kirk more.
You'd better. And see the Wrath of Khan!

Last edited by Encaitare; 11-27-2004 at 10:33 PM. Reason: because neatness matters
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #20
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Well, if I can think of a way to improve on my(admittedly already fabulous)self, I would do it straight away and not wait for a particular date on the calendar.

But I could possibly learn how to link to other threads. That would probably lessen the fury directed toward me....
Old 11-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #21
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
You use the hyperlink tool (the button with the little globe on it) and the URL of the thread you want to link to.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:34 PM   #22
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I going to try to read The Letters of JRRT and continue my way through HoME - I rather stopped after the 4th...
Quote:
Well, if I can think of a way to improve on my(admittedly already fabulous)self, I would do it straight away and not wait for a particular date on the calendar.
Maybe Eomer should try to learn humility...

(Sorry, couldn't resist .)
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #23
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
You use the hyperlink tool (the button with the little globe on it) and the URL of the thread you want to link to.
Yes, but if you use the WYSIWYG editor (which is very nice otherwise), it doesn't give you a prompt for text, only the URL. So I just switch back to standard editor for the few times I hyperlink.
*EDIT: Check out the much more computer savvy Feanor below... Thanks Fea!

Erm... back on topic... I plan to re-read starting with the Hobbit, thru LotR, the Sil, UT, and HoME. Also the Letters and TA Shippey's Author of the Century. And Beowulf. If I get those last three for Christmas, that is. Of course this is mostly to keep myself entertained after my (leg) surgery and I'm laying around with nothing to do, but I know I'll enjoy it.

Last edited by Lindolirian; 11-28-2004 at 05:37 PM. Reason: to put it on topic...and acknowledge Fea's input
Lindolirian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
it doesn't give you a prompt for text, only the URL.
You can still do it. What you do instead is type in whatever you want for a word to use as a link, say for instance "Click Me" and you highlight it. After it is highlighted, click the hyperlink thingamajig, and paste in your URL. Click "OK" and it'll turn your highlighted section into the hyperlink.

Quote:
Of course this is mostly to keep myself entertained after my surgery and I'm laying around with nothing to do, but I know I'll enjoy it.
Good luck with the surgery. I hope everything is okay.

Fea
Old 11-28-2004, 07:02 PM   #25
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Maybe Eomer should try to learn humility...
Yes, or you could just learn to accept that there are nearly perfect people. I'm willing to have a little faith in Eomer's claim. After all, it is said that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world, which would mean, if it were applied to me, that there's another nearly perfect person somewhere out there- and how do you know that Eomer isn't my twin?

Here's my resolution- try to keep up with The Downs during the next three weeks (projects and tests, a billion of them).
Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 AM   #26
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

An intriguing (and somewhat worrying) theory. (Well, worrying for the rest of you.)

And thanks for the link tips. Let's see if they are ever incorporated into my work.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 AM   #27
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
New Year's Resolution:

Stop flying into a homicidal rage each time someone insults Liv Tyler.

Last edited by Lush; 12-02-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:47 PM   #28
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Are you implying Lush, that for every time someone has insulted Lovely Liv, you have flown into a homicidal rage? There's not enough time.... (poor Liv)

I will certainly not refrain from shaking my head and rolling my eyes every time I hear someone call Denethor a pantomime villain. No matter how it may relax my associates.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:25 PM   #29
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
1) I will write enough (meaningful) posts to gain a personal title.

2) I will stop saying nasty words every time my computer decides it doesn't want to work while I'm trying to post.

3) I will try to post somewhere other than Middle Earth Mirth. *looks around* Hey! One down, two to go!

4) I will change my signature. Eventually. Once I come up with something good.

Other than that, how could one possibly perfect the Magnificent Maeggaladiel any more? (Other than decrease the size of her massive ego, that is.) On second thought, don't answer that.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:59 PM   #30
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
1- Give rep points to all those posts that set me into fits of laugher (I tend to be lazy about that)

2- Post in Books occasionally

3- Finish homework sooner so as to have more time to post
Old 12-04-2004, 12:07 AM   #31
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
I resolve not to make a resolution and then hurt myself so bad that I can't ever do what I resolve to do. Last year I resolved to learn to walk on my hands, then I hurt my arm and now I can't really hold anything really heavy with it or it starts to hurt again.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #32
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Resolved: to make use of pronouns.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:02 AM   #33
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

My resolutions....

1. To fill in my RPG saves before they start molding over.

2. To begin crafting another RPG proposal, one where I actually get to play a character who "wins" instead of losing....

3. To slog my way through Silm without falling asleep (where, oh where, are those Hobbits when I need them?)

4. To persuade my family to buy a new computer because this one keeps freezing and dumping me.

5. To finish my posts before 1am in the morning!

- Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 12-05-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Regin Hardhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #34
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
To be more like Heren Istarion

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #35
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I absolutely had to revive this thread!

If you are anything like me, you spend most of January making feverish promises about the things you plan to do in the coming months. I will not disclose exactly how many of these promises I actually manage to carry out. However, I suppose that setting down goals, even very strange ones, is not a bad thing to do.

Here is my laundry list of good intentions for the coming year:
  • I will absolutely make a point to post in the new Hobbit discussion. Part of the Legendarium or not, the Hobbit is one of my favorites and I hope to do a better job than with my participation in the LotR chapter by chapter.
  • To finally draft a "serious" game proposal on the "healing" of Mordor in the early years of the Fourth Age and see if I can interest any others to join in.
  • To try and answer my pms more promptly.... I have been really bad about this in recent weeks.
  • One way, by hook or by crook, I am intend to reread the LotR with my new annotated reader's companion (Hammond & Scull) at my side to see if if there are any gems of wisdom hidden in those 900 pages of small print.
  • I swear to give out more reps for thoughtful posts, espcially those I discover in RPGs, since I feel these are often overlooked.
  • If I can ever get my act together, I promise to participate in oneWerewolf game to see what the hoopla is all about! (I can't believe I said this... )

To all on the Downs.....may 2006 prove to be a good year for all of us! And a tip of the hat to B-W, and all the other mods/admins who put in so much time here and make this such a delightful place.

Does anyone else have any New Year's resolutions concerning the Downs that they have made this year?

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-04-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Child of the 7th Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:25 AM   #36
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I have a few Downs-related resolutions for the coming year, though I didn't actually make them now. Here they are:
  • Finishing 'The Reunification of the Entish Bow' RPG! (It started two and a half years ago, which makes it the longest running RPG on the site, as far as I know, and it's time to close it.)
  • Chapter-by-Chapter discussion of 'The Hobbit' (Actually needs no resolution, as I enjoy the CbC discussions!)
  • Not taking part in another Werewolf game! (My one experience taught me that it is exciting but all-absorbing, taking up time and energy that I need for other projects.)

Oh, and I hope to continue my fan fiction on a more regular basis, though I won't make any guarantees...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-04-2006 at 07:28 AM. Reason: just one more thing...
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote