Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #201
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, everthing seems to be going well, but do you think we should close down for the holidays? I can't promise a post for a few weeks, though it may be possible that I do get one out.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #202
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
That is true. I will be quite busy from now til Christmas and then I won't be around at all before early January...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #203
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, I have a post ready but is pending approval from Dunwen and Dimturiel.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #204
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Well, I have a post ready but is pending approval from Dunwen and Dimturiel.
That's good. I think it will be reasonably easy to get us out once you guys start off.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #205
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I haven't heard back from either Dunwen or Dimturiel yet. I have sent them another PM but will be posting my prepared post in about 24 hours if I don't hear from them.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #206
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm sure that will be fine.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #207
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Hey,
Sorry that I haven't been on here in forever... thing's are still crazy over here, but they've been getting better in one way, but going downhill in other ways. School's out and I have an 45 minutes before I have to leave, so I'll see if I can get a post up.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #208
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The Holidays are over, is anybody going to be able to post soon?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #209
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I should be able to post, but I'm still a bit confused about who's going to do what and who's going to go wherte and when...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #210
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well Dunwen, Dimturiel and I are leaving for the wilderness and going to meet up with Groin.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #211
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Should I post, or wait until Dunwen and Dimturiel meet up with me?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #212
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You could do a post just to introduce you to the game. You haven't done that, have you?

It's not necassary, but it might be nice.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #213
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Should I post, or wait until Dunwen and Dimturiel meet up with me?
Wait a day or two in my opinion and you could PM them now and see what they are up to. Otherwise, if they can't post soon I recommend you post.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #214
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Never mind, I lied. The school library closed before I could finish my post... Sorry about that.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #215
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

The RPG Thread has not been posted on since 12/19.

Do the players still want to keep going? Or shall I close this game?

~*~ Pio, game moderator
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #216
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Life is finally getting back to normal after the holidays. My vote is to continue this RPG.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #217
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

This RPG still has hope. Let's continue. I will be seriously depressed if this is closed because then I'll be confident some horrible curse follows me and every RPG I take part in dies away.

Although I wished to have a word from our game owners, it feels quite stupid to write a mystery RPG like this and try to solve the problem if the game owners are gone and thus no one who plays knows what's the answer to the mystery. I'm also afraid that without interested game owners this game will turn into random running around woods and town.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #218
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I would like to see it finished as well but we really need some solid commitments from those left and the game owners need to commit to help us finish as well.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #219
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I too think we should continue, and you can count on me to go on with it. Yet I also think we should have one of the game owners tell us what to do, as we don't know quite clearly what we're after here.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #220
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

You can count on this dwarf! I'm in.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #221
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I'm fairly certain that Durelin will not be returning to play or facilitate this game. I've sent a PM to Firefoot to let us know what her plans are. (She did post THIS on the Discussion Thread a while ago)

In the event that she definitely can't play, either, would you like to make this game a cooperative effort on the part of the remaining players in order to get it done? Would that be a possibility?

~*~ Pio
Old 01-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #222
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
In the event that she definitely can't play, either, would you like to make this game a cooperative effort on the part of the remaining players in order to get it done? Would that be a possibility?
Depends on what would that mean in practice.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #223
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

It would most likely mean a shorter game since I don't recall what or who Durelin had planned for the attacker. Maybe something like this:

A player for the mystery attacker would be found, clues would start to be left, there would be the hunt and the battle.

The remaining players would have to discuss what would go on in the game concerning the hunt and battle without benefit of knowing what the facilitators had planned.

OR

The remaining players can decide right now what sort of attacker they will be facing - you can begin to discover clues, make your plans for the hunt, have a glorious battle, and retire back to a once again safe Bree.

OR

One of you ,or two, can step up and become game leader and decide what to do
Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #224
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think it would be most fascinating if we decided who or what is the attacker and someone actually played him/her/it, but the problem in that case is that it might make everything longer and more complicated. Most importantly the player who plays the evil (whether s/he was one of the current players or someone who has previously had nothing to do with this RPG) should be trustworthy and able to commit to this game and write on a regular basis.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #225
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm here and willing to post. I am open to any of the options aforementioned, but I wouldn't scream or kick if we had to close the game.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #226
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
I wouldn't scream or kick if we had to close the game.
Good. I can take care of that part.

Seriously, I'm a bit worried about this trend of RPGs closing down. Aren't people willing to commit to games any more?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #227
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Seriously, I'm a bit worried about this trend of RPGs closing down. Aren't people willing to commit to games any more?
Those people are getting more common these days.

I suggest we all go out in one group, as not to confuse everyone on who's group should be posting when. Then let's go to that guy who lives in the Chetwood, I foget his name, and move on from there. But first ya'll have to find me!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #228
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
But first ya'll have to find me!
I'm trying mate. If all want to follow that would be fine as they could catch up to us. I don't find it unreasonable that they would be a little alarmed at the way Kuric left and want to tail me for a bit and when we enter the wilderness they get mighty upset. Groin could, at first, be a prime suspect.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #229
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'm trying mate. If all want to follow that would be fine as they could catch up to us. I don't find it unreasonable that they would be a little alarmed at the way Kuric left and want to tail me for a bit and when we enter the wilderness they get mighty upset. Groin could, at first, be a prime suspect.
That'd be marvelous. Sorry I'm not being more help here guys, this is my first RPG, and I really am not much of a writer (have you noticed the short posts and everything? )
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #230
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Sounds good, I nominate this idea.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #231
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
My apologies, all.

I really sort of had planned on dropping out of RPG's in general... most of them were hardly moving at all and I didn't have much time anyway. Well, I still don't have enough time but it looks like they're moving again and at this point I don't think it would be really fair to leave you guys here when you still want to continue. So I guess I'm here.

What I am going to do, however, is let you all in on the intended plot. I think that's part of the reason this game has stalled, that people haven't known where it's going.

The culprits for the livestock killing are wargs (as some of you, perhaps, have guessed). The hunt through the village was intended to add some more action to the game, and as such will be unsuccessful. The group will then have to head off into the wilderness, where the group actually will encounter Ol' Jak (played by Folwren). Then on to fight the wolves.

Don't feel bound by this, though; if you have any ideas for complications etc. don't hesitate to throw them in there. And don't hesitate to move the plot along either... (in other words, don't wait for me). I'm really going to try to keep up with this RPG, but I'm not anticipating having a lot of time.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #232
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll post next

How about the "heroes" stumble upon Gorin. If you approve, I'll have this up as soon as I can.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #233
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
How about the "heroes" stumble upon Gorin. If you approve, I'll have this up as soon as I can.

Sounds great to me! Somebody left behind in Bree ought to get a post prepared soon where there followed our little band, wondering what we were up to leaving in such a rush.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #234
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Sounds great to me! Somebody left behind in Bree ought to get a post prepared soon where there followed our little band, wondering what we were up to leaving in such a rush.
Alright, I'll get that part in today.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #235
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Who is there in Bree except Ash and Lea?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #236
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nobody, I think. Dimturial, Dunwen, and Mormegil are the only other's playing.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #237
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh dear. Well Firefoot might be.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #238
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Oh dear. Well Firefoot might be.
Well if she is, then she's in Bree. Dunwen, Dimturial and, mormegil have just stumbled into me (moremgil did, literally).
Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 AM   #239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rather disatrous. What should we do with the other characters? Use them as NPCs or kill/send them off?

Forest Elf still appears in the players list and has posted in this month here in the discussion thread, so we could assume she's still playing? If so, her character Grimbeorn would be left in the village as well.

But I hope we don't need to write Firefoot's Toby out, because who in their right mind would leave two 19-year old youngsters and a stranger from a distant land to handle the situation in Bree? I'm sure they will do fine, but my initial thought was that the Mayor's folk and the other adventurers wouldn't probably see it as the best option...
Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #240
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Rather disatrous. What should we do with the other characters? Use them as NPCs or kill/send them off?
I can simply edit my post and put you and Finduilas, along with any one else, out in the woods with the rest of the group.