The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #441
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nail-biting time...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #442
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
“Intrusive, thoughtless people!" said K. as he turned back into the room. The supervisor may have agreed with him, at least K. thought that was what he saw from the corner of his eye. But it was just as possible that he had not even been listening as he had his hand pressed firmly down on the table and seemed to be comparing the length of his fingers.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial

Seriously, I didn't realise that this was all about Werewolf. Please, continue...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #443
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I love that our only dead wolf just kind of hangs around quoting Kafka at everyone. Very classy way to handle it. *hats off*
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #444
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I misread Brinn's "two top suspects".

*bashes head on desk*
That's a cobbler who made a mistake if I've ever seen one.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #445
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I love that our only dead wolf just kind of hangs around quoting Kafka at everyone. Very classy way to handle it. *hats off*
Well what is one to do. I ran out of popcorn. (Or, ice cream, as it were, in this weather.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #446
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I misread Brinn's "two top suspects".
And that is a clear confession that they voted for Shasta solely because they figured Brinn would join the wagon.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-11-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Crossed with att least 2.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #447
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well what is one to do. I ran out of popcorn. (Or, ice cream, as it were, in this weather.)
I think you're right. I can't figure out if the genre is horror or slapstick comedy, but either way it's popcorn time.

++ Shasta for medium
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 06-11-2020, 03:41 PM   #448
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I am really gonna kick myself extra hard if Mac and Kath are wolves and it was obvious to everybody except blind old me (and to Rikae if she isn't the third one).
And there goes Lommy trying to cover herself in case Mac gets caught.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #449
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Shasta

No reason to wait imo.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #450
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Shasta is the Medium.

I think I have that correct.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #451
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is that 4 here?

++Shasta

For solidarity at this point.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 06-11-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Crossed with BoroMod
Old 06-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #452
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I am really gonna kick myself extra hard if Mac and Kath are wolves and it was obvious to everybody except blind old me (and to Rikae if she isn't the third one).
And there goes Lommy trying to cover herself in case Mac gets caught.
Yeah. Blind old Lommy, who'd ever suspect her.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #453
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I guess that's it then: a Shasta vs. Mac run.

So let's empower

++ Shastanis Althreduin

The wolves will use any version of the lists they see fit, so no worries about what someone might read from our vote. I'd rather stick to our new tradition.

EDIT: X'd with most everyone coming to the same conclusion. Well, that's unity!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #454
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Rikae"
At least lynching the cobbler would shift the voting majority to innocent toMorrow.
No no Brinn , don't buy it!

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #455
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Brinn breaks the tie unless Nilp comes back. If neither vote, we have the tiebreaker.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #456
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Brinn breaks the tie unless Nilp comes back. If neither vote, we have the tiebreaker.
Or if Brinn protest-votes third party...

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 03:48 PM   #457
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Whichever one they lynch, the result will force them to start making sense toMorrow. Right?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:48 PM   #458
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

YES Brinn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:48 PM   #459
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Should I pro forma vote against you? Nah, I am not one for gestures like that.

“Don't concern yourself about anybody. Just do what you think is right.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial
Old 06-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #460
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
Noooooo I can totally see this too!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #461
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Also, I think Brinn is the Ranger. Pretty sure anyone else would have come out by now.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #462
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Urgh. I'm not happy about toDay at all and I'm sticking to my principles.

++Sally

Hopefully I'm wrong and Greenie didn't dream of Shasta, but I'm quite concerned.
WOOO!

As long as Nilp doesn't somehow vote appear and vote Shasta, we have the tiebreaker!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #463
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post

hS
Hah, called it!

Now we need Nilp /not/ to come back and make an ill-judged vote...

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #464
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So thus far, with our empowerment, it is 4-4 and Mac is on the gallows with the four gotten earlier.

Two innocents to vote.

EDIT: OOOOPPPPSS!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #465
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I kind of feel bad for Brinn.
Ha! Wolf.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #466
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Please sleep Nilp!

Old 06-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #467
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I'm beginning to think the Dead Thread should ignore the whole blasted lot of us and go their own way. Not sure we've done much to help matters toDay.
I love how Kath gives us permission to go our own way, not knowing we already have
Old 06-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #468
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And not for me???????????

If you're wolves with Rikae and Kath I'm not gonna recover.
Doubling down on the social distancing.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #469
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
And if Greenie did dream of Shasta, I'm sure she's screaming at y'all beyond the grave.
Finally someone understands me!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #470
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Whichever one they lynch, the result will force them to start making sense toMorrow. Right?
“Logic is of course unshakeable, but it cannot hold out against a man who wants to live.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial
Old 06-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #471
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh, the concern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Since my voters voted first, if one of them is the medium, assuming Nilp doesn't magically appear, I get lynched.
And how come you think we might be empowering someone who voted for you, dear Mac?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #472
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
DEAD THREAD, EMPOWER ME, FOR FLIP'S SAKE.
I love how much calmer we are over here. Don't worry, we're on it, as long as Nilp stays gone...

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #473
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Five minutes... please sleep Nilp.

Worst case scenario: Nilp comes and is totally clueless - and the wolves guide him to do "the right thing" - and he has no time to really consider things himself.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #474
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Ha! Wolf.
I really hope the innocents spot this confession that the Wolves mass-voted.

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #475
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Five minutes... please sleep Nilp.

Worst case scenario: Nilp comes and is totally clueless - and the wolves guide him to do "the right thing" - and he has no time to really consider things himself.
“Someone must have been telling lies about Joseph K., for without having done anything wrong he was arrested one fine morning.”
― Franz Kafka, The Trial
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #476
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
The dead thread is going crazy. Maybe they're actually mobilizing! Cross your fingers, chaps!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #477
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I love how much calmer we are over here. Don't worry, we're on it, as long as Nilp stays gone...

hS
CALMER!

I'm thrice as tense as I was aLive!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #478
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The dead thread is going crazy. Maybe they're actually mobilizing! Cross your fingers, chaps!
We've BEEN going crazy, we're just now finally calming down!
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #479
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm refreshing both threads in 30 second intervals...
Old 06-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #480
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm refreshing both threads in 30 second intervals...
Ditto!

But in a relaxed sort of way.

hS