The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-16-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
Morgoth Bauglir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgoth Bauglir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Question about the extended version DVD

Hi, i have a few questions about this DVD. Should i get the box set, which is like 20$ more, or the normal extended version?they say the box set comes with an extra dvd, but i dont know about that. last year, i checked if the box set came with another dvd, and it didnt-only bookshelves!<P>oh, and should i reserve this?thanks!
Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

There are three types of the LotR movies:<P>1. The theatrical release<BR>2. The four-disc Extended Edition<BR>3. Then there's the "boxed" set that has the carved figurines. The one in FotR had the bookends of the Aargonath, the TTT will have a statue of Gollum. In the FotR "boxed" set there was a fifth DVD. Whether there will be a fifth one on TTT, I don't know.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:50 PM   #3
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*blink blink* I must have been living under a rock! I didn't know the "boxed" set had a fifth disk! What's on it? I only have the regular 4-disk EE.<P>Morgoth, I'd say it's up to you. I think it's worth it, but then again, I spend my money horribly... Don't take my opinion, I'll make you broke It's all up to you. I really can't make a judgement, since I don't know about this fifth disk... *sniffle*
Old 11-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #4
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The fifth disc had something from National Geographic, I think (we bought the four-disc version and the fifth disc was loaned to us). They had excerpts of the Finnish song "Kalevala" which I think Tolkien also used as a basis for Middle-earth. They also had other stuff on there (which I don't remember because I watched it a year ago) but that was basically it. Lot's of pretty scenery National Geographic like.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I believe the fifth disk in Towers is about the making of the Gollum statuet.<P>H.C.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:14 PM   #6
Morgoth Bauglir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgoth Bauglir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

oh, so the fifth disk really isnt worth it. i only get the extended version because of the exteneded scenes, not really because of all the other disks
Morgoth Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:12 PM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=13689;category_id=2503;pcid 1=2472;pcid2=" TARGET=_blank>Here we go.</A><P>All questions answered.<P>H.C.