The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thumbs up Sweeet!

The Christmas season is over, but I found an LotR version of that perennial holiday favorite - gingerbread/candy house - that a fan and friends created: The Battle of Helm's Deep! The site shows pictures of a wonderfully quirky work of sub-creativity - and doesn't it look yummy too! (That's me fantasizing about helping to "dispose" of it afterwards - though it would be a shame to destroy such a fantastic scenario!)

Oh, and here's more: LotR Desserts...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-19-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sir,

Why, it's a disgrace! Encouraging children to play with their food? If I had done such a thing I would have been sent to bed without any supper! I think Anne Widdecombe should be told and then heads will roll. The youth of today don't know they have been born.

Yours,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

That just beats hands down my childhood efforts at making 'authentic' farmland scenes in my dinner by ploughing fields in my mashed potatoes and adding broccoli hedgerows and carrot dry stone walls. Fabulous.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fantastic- my cousin did a cake for her daughter's 18th birthday last month of Discworld balanced on the Great A tuin and supported by 4 fondant elephants. It was so wonderful we couldn't bear to cut it. I wonder if for my birthday ..well I wouldn't expect ALL of Middle Earth as a cake ..but Rivendell or Caras Galadhon would be nice ...

And for the matrimonially inclined how about Minas Tirith formed with a 7 tiered wedding cake.... Lal ..I think that is the way to go

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-20-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen

And for the matrimonially inclined how about Minas Tirith formed with a 7 tiered wedding cake.... Lal ..I think that is the way to go
I'm afraid davem would form a kind of metaphorical superior Orc regiment and utterly demolish Minas Tirith within hours if it was in cake form. It'd last longer if made from carrots and other vegetable matter...

Personally I'd be quite tempted by a Dead Marshes cheese fondue with bits of garlic floating in it to represent the dead Elveses...
Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Following the links around the internet, I found another goodie: Shelob cake. Now isn't that appetizing?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My last birthday my father () and my little sister made me a cake that looked like the map of Middle-Earth. (The chocolate-mountains were really cool... and tasted great!) They had the birthday candles set in important places, such as Hobbiton, Minas Tirith, Edoras, Esgaroth, Barad-dûr... It was very fine, a bit too big (they wanted it big enough to show the details) and I'm very sad I didn't take a photo of it! (Hope they'll make me a new one some year....)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

As long as we're linking to caloric LotR versions, here's another: Lord of the Peeps.

Oh, the Minas Tirith wedding cake idea is splendid, Mithalwen!