The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #1961
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sounds like a happenin' party to me!

(So does the pizza!)

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1962
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tea and sympathy for Hilde.How horrible....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #1963
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I had a fantastic dream two nights ago! It was one of those where I was barely asleep (or deeply asleep & just came out quick) and a touch ill and I woke immediately after, thus it is rich in detail, and more than a little odd. Upon waking I scribbled down as much as I could remember (it was slipping from me even as I tried to recall it), and then went back to sleep, grinning at the thought of posting it here.

And here it is:

Aganzir was carrying on, obsessing about beards per usual. I recall her constantly posting links on Facebook to her favorite beard pictures, and everyone was a mix of annoyed and amused.

Two years later (I'm not certain how the time passed) I found myself in Finland, and decided I would visit Maria, as no one had actually seen her for quite some time. She answered the door promptly and was happy to see me, and invited me in to see various fake beards she had ordered online.

After waving a few furry things in my face, she asked what I was doing in Finland. I informed her I was there for a party (no idea what for), and wide-eyed she asked me what the date was. I told her (can't remember specifically, merely that it amounted to two years later than the start of the dream), and suddenly she collapsed to the floor and held her head, saying something along the lines of, "No, no! It can't be!"

In real life I would have no clue what was the matter, but my dream-self was quite insightful, and knew the dilemma she wrestled with. She had for the first time realized that she had been shut up in her house looking at beards for two whole years! In her mind she had two options-
1) Admit that she had absolutely flushed two years of her life.
This truth was too harsh for her to handle, thus she opted for-
2) Convince herself that it was all worth it, and thrust herself deeper into the world of beards.

Some more time passed (perhaps a year?), and I was visiting Maria again. She was showing me all she had accomplished- starting beard-fan websites, beard fan-clubs, starting a beard awards show, etc. In real life I would have found this both unsettling and hilarious, but in my dream I was quite impressed, and proud that she had accomplished so much, especially as she credited much of her efforts to my previous visit.

A bit later (who knows when?) we were in a dressing room preparing for her to speak at some sort of beard awards show where she was receiving an award for her efforts, and I noticed she didn't look too pleased. It turns out she was still haunted by the possibility that she was wasting her life, and she was considering in her speech recommending that all of the avid beard-fans devote themselves to something more serious and not repeat her mistake.

Overcome by pity for my friend (who had started to cry), I embraced her and began making various supportive comments, and she then asked me to promise that I would help her break the hold that beards had on her life. I can't recall precisely what was said, except I remember her stating that "Beards are like a drug to me".

After a bit I notice that her hand has seemingly of its own accord started stroking my beard (which I grew longer in honor of the awards show apparently). I took her hand and moved it away from my beard and told her, "You need to take control!" She suddenly looked up at me, face red and eyes puffy from crying, but smiling insanely, and said, "No, I need to take your beard!"

I called for the bodyguards outside her room (why did she have them?) as I kept her from breaking loose, knowing full well she intended to cut off my head and mount it on the wall. And only now did I notice she had an entire wall full of mounted dwarf heads (you'd think that would've caught my eye sooner).

My last snippet of dream saw her being hauled away, and me thinking how I should have helped her sooner, before she sunk to such depths.

When I woke, I was feeling quite sad for her, but after a few seconds of reflection I realized that in fact the whole thing was quite funny.

Last edited by the phantom; 06-11-2013 at 03:23 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1964
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ahahahahahahaha

You had me laughing out loud by the end.

This is amazing - but although I really like beards, I can't see it getting quite that bad.

However, I kept hoping I would grow a real beard before the dream was over. Even if that wasn't the case, it reminds me of a dream I had a few weeks ago and posted on Facebook:
Quote:
I dreamed women could grow a beard, only it was something really inappropriate, like armpit hair times ten. And then I ran into a girl with a beautifully plaited long beard, and we ended up chatting.
"Of course people stare," she said, "but it's worse if you only have stubble because they think you don't take care of yourself. When it's this long, they can tell you do it on purpose and you don't give a damn. You should try it."
I knew growing out my beard would be a huge step, but I decided to give it a try because suddenly shaving began to seem absurd. Best dream ever.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #1965
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Haha! Nice dream, phantom!

I had several dreams which I clean forgot after I woke up, aside from the fact that I know they are Downs dreams. It's a bit weird, but every time I wake up with a dream the first thing I think is "Is it a Downs dream?". It got to the point when I answer that question before I even wake up.

And today I finally remembered my dream. For some reason a random assortment of people were being divided into partners if not for life, then for a very long time at least. I'm not sure what for, but it was very serious. I can't remember who was Agan's partner, but she was quite happy. Then Eonwe's name was announced by whoever was calling the names into the mic, and he was partnered with Davos (a guy from A Song of Ice and Fire). He protested that he's not homosexual and would prefer to be partnered with someone of the opposite gender; evidently he took the whole thing to be some massive arranged marriage thing. He was refused, though, and he was quite furious and horrified. I was there too, but I woke up before I was partnered.

Poor Steve.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #1966
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I love that! Eönwë and Davos, hahaha!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1967
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My dream began as one of what I call my morning hallucinations. I tend to put my alarm on snooze and lie in bed half-awake for about 15 minutes before I get up, often without even opening my eyes to put the alarm on pause, which causes all sorts of half-dream half-awake stuff in my brain. Once I dreamt that way that I was a hunter in ww, and I found out that I could win the game if I only pressed the button on my phone (which has the alarm) only when certain numbers appeared, and instead of normal times I kept seeing stuff like 13327952.73. I don't know what I did to the phone, but I was sure I was winning the game, and I obviously overslept. Badly.

So this is not always good. But today was a fun dream. And I awoke on time.

First, in my dream I knew suddenly that when my phone rings this way it means Shelob is close. It worked kind of like Sting glows when orcs are near. Then I saw Agan. Her hair was very messy. She warned me about Shelob, and I said I knew. We saw a very disappointing spider rush by, and the Shelob part was over. (If you were expecting a spider nightmare, be disappointed.)

Then we were somehow transported to Agan's apartment, where she lived with Greenie. She and I started arguing passionately over something, and she was being offensive. Then we decided to put aside our differences, and I asked Agan if I could post on the Downs. For some reason the computer was unavailable, so I had to post from Agan's mobile device. Well, not exactly. It looked like one, but it wasn't a phone. I couldn't figure out how to use the keyboard (typical me ), and Agan got very annoyed. "Look," she said, "if you want to press backspace, it's this button," (points to a blank button), "and this one is enter, and if you press them together it's shift." Well, in my defense, I just saw 2 blank white buttons, so how was I supposed to know how to use them? I was typing from Agan's account, so I said something like "Hi everyone, this is [insert my username], and I'm posting from Agan's place!!!" For some reason my username was not G55 but something very random that does not contain capital letters, like "parrot" or "lizzard".

Greenie came in then, said hi, grabbed her purse, and rushed out again with apologies, because she was late for work and couldn't stay to chat with us.

Then we saw a comercial on TV that had something to do with packing trunks, and we (or at least I) realized that we need to pack, and we packed so many trunks that they piled up almost to the ceiling. We both were tired from piling all those trunks, so we sat on some couches.

Then, for some reason, the setting changes again, and instead of sitting on a couch I am sitting on a desk with my work stuff scattered all over it, and I'm trying to sort out some RL work issues. My mother comes in and tells me to put my work away immediately and start studying for exams, but I tell her that I'm finished my history exam and that I even finished it early. And, lo and behold, my history exam papers are now lying on the desk above my work stuff. My mother seems satisfied and leaves. I don't know why, since at the time of my dream I still had my physics exam to write.

Anyways, not a very Downer ending for the dream, but Agan being offensive is very entertaining to think about when you're not actually trying to argue with her.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #1968
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aww sorry about being offensive! I don't live with Greenie any more (that sounds a lot like her, though), but even so you're welcome to my apartment any time you wish! Also you're right about my hair being a mess. I suppose that's what I get for being too lazy to brush it oftener than every third day.

Last night I had a dream Shasta announced he had got married! The lucky one was a handsome (I saw a picture) white-haired man of 65, with whom he'd secretly had an affair for five years.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #1969
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I had a dream Shasta announced he had got married! The lucky one was a handsome (I saw a picture) white-haired man of 65, with whom he'd secretly had an affair for five years.
Geez, first I pair Eonwe up with Davos, now you couple Shasta with an old man... What is the message that cosmos is sending through us regarding the single male population?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #1970
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Geez, first I pair Eonwe up with Davos, now you couple Shasta with an old man... What is the message that cosmos is sending through us regarding the single male population?
I used to have lots of dreams about Legate getting romantically involved with various (male) Downers, but haven't had any for a while.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #1971
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I had a dream where I was shopping, only it turned out that the supermarket was in fact a film set. TORE then appeared, and explained that I was the star in his new reality/movie project... I don't remember much of what happened afterwards, but I think there was dancing.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #1972
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I didn't have any 'Downs-related dream in a while, but today I had one. I was somewhere (it looked like some sort of a kitchen) with a few 'Downers (I remember Nogrod in particular, and then several others, but I don't know exactly - people like phantom or Boro, maybe Eomer).

The main thing happening was that Nilp suddenly walked into the room with a piece of paper in his hand, bowed to us and began "real-time commenting" an Arda Cup match (I don't recall which one), basically it was like that he was reading a report he had prepared to post at the 'Downs, but it was dramatized a lot and quite fun.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #1973
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So, I had an exceptionally strange B-D dream the other night...

There were a bunch of fellow Downers in this theater...there had to be 4-5 full rows of us. I can remember Mac and Rikae, Form and Nienna, Fea, Lhuna, BB, Rune, Legate, Enca, Hookbill, Agan, Kath, Oddwen...and much more, all Downers.

We were all watching a performance about the forum...complete with all of our long running jokes about an uncloaking Gandalf, disco kings, forum trolls, and chat skwerlz. Everyone was laughing hysterically...then it got weird.

I left to get something to drink but dream sort of cuts to me returning to my seat and I'm being followed by this creepy little blonde hair girl. I'm convinced she's a physical manifestation of cancer and I'm freaking out she's here to give us all cancer, but I'm not sure if I'm just going mental as the only one who can see her, nor wanting to disturb the play about our website. But she wouldn't stop following me so I picked her up by the hair and tossed her down on the aisles...and I woke up.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #1974
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A week or so ago I had a dream that The Saucepan Man never left the 'downs but just registered with a new username and started posting with that - and actually, Morthoron has just been the second account of SPM all along.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #1975
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
A week or so ago I had a dream that The Saucepan Man never left the 'downs but just registered with a new username and started posting with that - and actually, Morthoron has just been the second account of SPM all along.
I KNEW MORTH COULDN'T BE TRUSTED!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #1976
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yesterday I had a dream that I can't really remember anymore. I was reading in different languages, and I was trying to read in Danish. Rune was correcting me. According to dream-Rune, s sometimes makes a sh sound in Danish if some stressed or unstessed vowels line up in some order. You know, some weird complicated grammar. Also, his appearance kept switching back and forth between his real self and his Marx avatar.

I wish dream-Rune taught me how to read the o with the / through it. I never heard it pronounced aloud, so I still don't get the difference between that and the regular o.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #1977
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Last night I had a dream I received some nice rep points from Squatter...I don't understand how it happened, but it's probably my dreams saying I've always sought the approval of Squatter.

I wrote a post in a thread talking about Middle-earth rivers, and one poster was griping about the enchanted river running through Mirkwood. All I said was

"smh for Mirkwood!"

And that post received a long rep from Squatter... about how I was so right because George Takei's social media fame has climbed so high, he's recognized as the leading authority in the Star Trek universe, and this has created some contention because Sulu was a relatively minor character compared to the others. And that somehow there was probably jealousy because I was the leading Middle-earth rivers expert. It made no sense, but it was a good dream.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #1978
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream a few days ago that a whole bunch of newbies appeared because of the new Hobbit movies and we all had a big welcoming second breakfast (in person, I don't know what most of you look like, but somehow I knew who you all were when we were talking) and educated them about Arda. It was so beautiful. And partway through the party, the Fellowship arrived and Legolas was upset because we ran out of wine and Gimli got into an eating contest with Pippin and G55.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #1979
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
...Gimli got into an eating contest with Pippin and G55.
I got into someone's dream!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #1980
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
I had a dream a few days ago that a whole bunch of newbies appeared because of the new Hobbit movies and we all had a big welcoming second breakfast
You know, that's not a bad idea, having an RPG game party to welcome newcomers.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #1981
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I had a dream tonight that, as I'm mundanely reading through some posts here, I read Mith's post, and in that post she mentiones a special someone. And everybody, including myself, thought they've misread the post. Legate was the first one to respond; he spent three apologetic paragraphs basically saying "wait, what?". Everyone was so befuddled and -ed that someone created a special thread to try to figure out what's going on with Mith, and it was full of all sorts of crazy explanations (and all this happened just in the interval of Mith checking the Downs, which right away points to this being a dream). Then Mith was online, and she said that there's no typo, she's not kidnapped, etc., and she actually does have a sweetheart who lives in either Latvia or Lithuania (I forget which) and communicates with her by letter (not email, the physical kind).

So I've victimized Mith again.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #1982
tom the eldest
Wight

tom the eldest has just left Hobbiton.
I once had a dream about being a dwarf lord.it was fun originally,but in this dream my grandma shows up.then a dragon appear and start destroying everything.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #1983
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I had a dream tonight that, as I'm mundanely reading through some posts here, I read Mith's post, and in that post she mentiones a special someone. And everybody, including myself, thought they've misread the post. Legate was the first one to respond; he spent three apologetic paragraphs basically saying "wait, what?". Everyone was so befuddled and -ed that someone created a special thread to try to figure out what's going on with Mith, and it was full of all sorts of crazy explanations (and all this happened just in the interval of Mith checking the Downs, which right away points to this being a dream). Then Mith was online, and she said that there's no typo, she's not kidnapped, etc., and she actually does have a sweetheart who lives in either Latvia or Lithuania (I forget which) and communicates with her by letter (not email, the physical kind).

So I've victimized Mith again.
I woud say so... basically your psyche thinks I am more likely to be kidnapped than have a relationship even if that relationship is really just a penfriend.... ouch

Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #1984
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom the eldest View Post
I once had a dream about being a dwarf lord.it was fun originally,but in this dream my grandma shows up.then a dragon appear and start destroying everything.
Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I woud say so... basically your psyche thinks I am more likely to be kidnapped than have a relationship even if that relationship is really just a penfriend.... ouch
Actually, no... I'd say your relationship in the dream was slightly more romantic than just a pen friend. Like, seriously more romantic than a pen friend. But let's not get into the specifics.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #1985
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Yesterday I had a dream that I can't really remember anymore. I was reading in different languages, and I was trying to read in Danish. Rune was correcting me. According to dream-Rune, s sometimes makes a sh sound in Danish if some stressed or unstessed vowels line up in some order. You know, some weird complicated grammar. Also, his appearance kept switching back and forth between his real self and his Marx avatar.

I wish dream-Rune taught me how to read the o with the / through it. I never heard it pronounced aloud, so I still don't get the difference between that and the regular o.
I didn't see this post until just now.

Pronouncing the Ø is difficult, it is a favorite passtime of the Danes to make foreigners say the phrase 'Rødgrød med fløde'.

But here is a fun fact: 'Ø' is also a one letter word, meaning 'Island'. So is our equally amazing letter 'Å', which means 'Stream/Creek'.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #1986
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I had a dream a Downer called Inzilbeth had to get married for whatever reason, so she proposed to Inziladun because their usernames were similar. I was hanging out with Inzil, who, unhappily married to her, related this story to me and also said he's taking weekly singing lessons in Costa Rica.

Then I went to pick apples and had to watch out for Deathberries which had infested the tree and killed you if you so much as touched one. I didn't think of it in the dream, but the phonetic resemblance to Bêthberry is remarkable.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #1987
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I had a dream a Downer called Inzilbeth had to get married for whatever reason, so she proposed to Inziladun because their usernames were similar. I was hanging out with Inzil, who, unhappily married to her, related this story to me and also said he's taking weekly singing lessons in Costa Rica.
Just....wow.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #1988
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Last night I dreamed a group of Downers got stranded on a desert island and decided to build a community there. When I arrived later by boat, Pitchwife was really excited about the car he was making out of wood and stone, Inzil was responsible for organising the food gathering parties (and collecting everybody's phone number, which he insisted on doing in fluent Swedish), and Boro was grumpy and wanted to be the boss.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #1989
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Last night I dreamed a group of Downers got stranded on a desert island and decided to build a community there. When I arrived later by boat, Pitchwife was really excited about the car he was making out of wood and stone, Inzil was responsible for organising the food gathering parties (and collecting everybody's phone number, which he insisted on doing in fluent Swedish), and Boro was grumpy and wanted to be the boss.
Lol, this is brilliant! I'm in if this ever happens!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #1990
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
It's clear the world needs a Lost/Gilligan's Island TV show mashup like that.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #1991
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
It's clear the world needs a Lost/Gilligan's Island TV show mashup like that.
With a touch of the Flintstones from Pitch.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #1992
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a dream last night that Hookbill decided to fly out and visit me. Though he decided he could only come during my lunch break and that we needed to watch Bridget Jones's Diary right then because Darcy is so dreamy. I tried to get ready to return to work while letting him do his own thing, but he managed to eat all my food, scare my dog away, magically transport us to the library, and make me late. Then he left as quickly as he came.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #1993
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Eye

I had two BD dreams last night (woot!).

In the first one, I dreamed that we got a new icon as a part of the Downs update. It looked like --> (or rather like the arrow you get on Word when you type that, but the symbol disappears when I try to copy it here) and was called the Red Arrow. It was all the rage. Upon waking, I thought that we already have a Red Arrow symbol, as demonstrated at the top of this post, but having now checked it I realized that for whatever reason it's called "Eye".

My second dream was much more hazy. I was mooting in Finland ( ) with the gathering of Downers currently there. It was very crazy and messed up. Everyone was going everywhere, nobody knew what's going on, nobody had any idea what the plan/schedule is. Hookbill and Greenie kept running past me to and from the kitchen, each trying to pack for their own event of the day that they were late for, but always forgetting to get everything - a phone, a snack, other oddities that for some reason are in the kitchen - and I was very annoyed at them because I had no clue where they're going and where I'm supposed to go and because I was tired of being stampeded over each time they realized they forgot something. All in all, there was a lot of running around the flat collecting unpacked items and yelling things like "I'm late for ___!" and bumping into each other.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #1994
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Eye

Quote:
I had two BD dreams last night (woot!).

In the first one, I dreamed that we got a new icon as a part of the Downs update. It looked like --> (or rather like the arrow you get on Word when you type that, but the symbol disappears when I try to copy it here) and was called the Red Arrow. It was all the rage. Upon waking, I thought that we already have a Red Arrow symbol, as demonstrated at the top of this post, but having now checked it I realized that for whatever reason it's called "Eye".
Well, it used to be called the Red Arrow- before the Great Catastrophe, I mean.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #1995
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, it used to be called the Red Arrow- before the Great Catastrophe, I mean.
Ah, ok, I am not going crazy then.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:50 AM   #1996
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
It was very crazy and messed up. Everyone was going everywhere, nobody knew what's going on, nobody had any idea what the plan/schedule is.
You know that is sometimes what moots are like. So funny though!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #1997
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I had a dream this morning that Lottie came back to the RPG forum to write for Ginna in the Scarburg Meadhall thread. Ginna was engaged (or possibly already married) to Athanar, the eorl (who for some reason was co-written by lmp as well as Nog). Lottie said she wanted Ginna to have an affair with another guy and elope, but then decided it won't work because Athanar wouldn't allow such a thing as soon as he found out. I replied that Athanar would find out and let it happen . lmp was very disappointed in me (forget what for), but the others began planning the eloping story.

(For the record, for those of you who don't follow the Scarburg thread, the character Ginna is played by Lhuna, and she's engaged to a totally different man, and Athanar is married with grown children and the way the thread is going he is probably well and far away from the Meadhall.)

Two dream posts in a row. Woot!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #1998
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had a dream that Nogrod and I were running around a city sending secret messages to Diamond18, Rune, theguywhobeshort, littlemanpoet, my two teenage daughters (who don't have accounts here), and Mac, telling them to come to a secret meeting in order to thwart the US government's attempts to start world war three.

These messages had to be top secret and included leaving a particular jar of jam in TGWBS' desk, mailing Rune a bunch of flowers, and sending a coded postcard to Diamond by pigeon.

After you read this post, eat it.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #1999
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

The Dream Mithology

I had a dream today, which reminded me that I still didn't post two dreams I had a while ago. Here they are:

The first one was about Kuru's werewolf game. I dreamed that Mith was scried and found out to be a wolf, and I went "what the hell, she looked so innocent!" But then my smart conscious realized that this is just a dream, and began posting all the reasons that if Mith is shown to be a wolf in a dream, it doesn't necessarily imply that she's a wolf in the non-dream game. I really wanted her to be innocent.

The second occurred in the land of Westeros. Reek was sent to inspect the cities of Barrowtown (I wonder why my subconscious picked that one ) and Gulltown. Barrowtown turned out to be alright, but in Gulltown Reek found Mith and decided she was a problem. A brief dialogue ensued, at the end of which one of them turned into a giant werewolf and ate the other (can't remember which one though).

And today, I dreamed that Mith is actually a noisy woman in her late twenties, with dirty blonde hair and uncomfortably bright lip stick. She barely stays quiet and talks in a very vulgar manner. Also, apparently she is engaged to an old rich man. I've uncovered your secrets, Mith!

On a related note, Mith seems to be possessing my subconscious.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #2000
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Blimey.. I suppose I should read GOT sometime.

Hmm I spend a lot of my time quietly but when I am with friends or family can be really chatty but I hope not vulgar though I do have a naughty sense of humour it tends to be more double entendre.. than outright vulgar..though I can't say I never swear. I do regard it as a failure.now

Late twenties..I wish ... in some ways .. others not. Natural colour was dark strawberry blonde ..ok a bit ginger but there is nothing natural about it now... the lipstick is hysterical. I seldom wear makeup and it tends to be very subtle as I am so pale that most of it makes me look orange which is not a good look with rusty hair.

OOh as for the old rich man... maybe it was an old rich elf and Gil-galad is finally out of MAndos../.