The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 AM   #241
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Don't you think we should have switched roles, Nilp? Turns out my Lhunacy drove (almost) everyone to suspect me!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:06 AM   #242
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
When the day is over, this wretched beast will perish for its twisted nature and be no more. But before that sorrowful moment comes to pass my dear friends (and could have been delicious suppers), I Saurreg must speak once more. Firstly to add to my previous request, I bruise easily so don't use a rope that's too rough and secondly, I know you've all admired and dare I say envied over this perfect, smooth and tight alabaster skin (don't hate me cuz I'm gifted this way). Pray not pierce this body with cruel spikes and forks because you all don't want to destroy something so beautiful, no?

Lastly and on a more serious note I must speak of Eomer of the Rohirrim and confess to the great disservice I have rendered to him.

Eomer, sweet Eomer. I have committed great wrong against thee by exploiting thy courteous and noble heart, and twisting that pure soul with cruel hands. What thou started with innocent humour and mirth, I return with calculated cunningness and dark malice to shape my ends. And in doing so I caused thee an unfair burden of guilt and shame that should have been mine to bear.

It tore into me when I read thy vote and at that moment all glee and pride evaporated and I became remorseful myself.

Now I wonder what would happen when I cross yonder dark river and come face to face with Eomer of the Rohirrim again. Will he find it in that noble heart of his to forgive my cruel manipulations and let us embrace? Or will that handsome face turn dark and terrible, turn away and never look at me again? I shudder to think of the possibilities, especially when they are of my own making.

There I am done. Do what you must.

How can this lycan continue such a sickening masquerade for long when pangs of guilt pierces its dark heart?
Now that I found out that Saurreg is indeed a male, I find this post
Old 07-21-2005, 05:34 AM   #243
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Saurreg kept our P.M.'s and will post them shortly. He's been busy and has that crazy time zone thing going on.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #244
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nilp: When I said that NIGHT activities were performed flawlessly, it was for a few reasons, the most important being that I needed to convey that we now had two Seers. As for taking that to mean I'd heard from Gil, usually the wolves choose a spokes-wolf. I didn't personally hear from Gil until he resigned. But since I got PMs from Saurreg at first, then Holby, I didn't think a thing of it.

Oh, and now do you understand why I responded to your role guesses via a ? I'll admit freely though, of all the roles I've been (villager, Hunter, Wolf, Mod), wolf is by far the most fun. You make plans on how to mess with people and snicker for ages when you watch people defend you.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #245
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Agreed being a wolf is fun. Although don't underestimate being a non-gifted villager. It's incredibly fun to know nothing and try and guess and figure things out. Also being a seer was pretty good. I was the seer the first game ever. It was very stressful but I think I would do much better if I did it again one day.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #246
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420!

Quote:
Oh, and now do you understand why I responded to your role guesses via a ? (Fea)
Yes. I was ing myself when the whole thing went . . . that way.

"Hey, I actually got some of my guesses spot on!" Then .

Actually, one and a half of you guesses were correct?

What?

You got the Mytho correct, and Oro's giftedness, too. But you got her role wrong.

Oh, yeah. Thanks, Alice.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #247
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I found Modding was most fun... I crave omnipotence. Or is it omnipresence? I'll settle for both.

Seriously, describing werewolf killings and public lynches is wonderfully fun!

By the way, on Day 3 I only got two PMs from LMP, and I think I lost them...

Ah well. He was saying what to do if the Seers were wolves pretending to be Seers. It was all horribly theoretical and complicated looking, so I decided to ignore him and hope the Seers were honest.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #248
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree about the Modding, TGWBS, sort of...

It's a mad blast narrating (I'm sure you could tell I was having fun writing, especially when it got to the A1 steak sauce part of Holby-kabobs), but that was countered by me unexpectedly getting a life for the one weekend I'd resigned to having nothing to do but mod. It all worked out though.

I still think Wolf was more fun because with Mod, you can't step in and tweak things. With wolf, you can mold the village to fit your whims. Unless they have two Seers and have dreamt of everyone. In that case, I wanted to suggest a really daring bluff saying that the Seers (or at least one) was really a bluffing wolf and that you knew this to be a fact because you were the true Seer. You'd wanted to stay hidden for safety's sake, but you couldn't watch a wolf trick the village when you KNEW they were lying.

This would turn it into a my word versus your word thing, which would be hilarious to watch, interesting for the wolves, interesting for the seers, and simply insane for the village. Can you only imagine?

But as a mod, I couldn't step in and do anything that could affect the game, so my audacious bluff stayed quiet. I note though that the Sherriffs thought of something similar happening. Props to them.

Anyhow... Can't wait to see Fire-non-Footie's deaths.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #249
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
By the way, on Day 3 I only got two PMs from LMP, and I think I lost them...

Ah well. He was saying what to do if the Seers were wolves pretending to be Seers. It was all horribly theoretical and complicated looking, so I decided to ignore him and hope the Seers were honest.
LOLOL! I still have that saved on my crashed computer, for what it's worth.

I'll just sum up: it would have been as stupid for the werewolves to say "Hey, WE'RE the two seers, not them!" as it would have been for them to do the same regarding the shirriffs.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-22-2005 at 10:00 AM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 AM   #250
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*cough*

And it wasn't stupid to say "Fea's a wolf, you should lynch her" on the first day/first page of a brand new game where not only was I saying it, but I actually was a wolf?

People consistently underestimate the power of audacity. Also the the ingenuity of fools. Seeing as how it's forbidden to show absolute proof of role (such as PMs), it truly would turn into he said/she said. After that, it's just a matter of who you trust more.

If one of the wolves had claimed Seership early on, when Oro was still suspect, it could have worked out quite nicely for them.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #251
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think there are two people that could say I'm a wolf and get away with it. You're one, of course, Fea the other would be Nilp.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #252
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Of course, now that the strategy's merit has been dissected, anyone could get away with it. Except me.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #253
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Of course, now that the strategy's merit has been dissected, anyone could get away with it. Except me.
I think the only strategy that would get you past day 1 is to not post at all...but wait then we'd find you suspicious based on that....and it would be only you that would get lynched for not posting on day 1.

But on a serious note I have no idea why they thought you suspicious enough to lynch. When I was saying that in this game I meant it.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM   #254
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I believed you were innocent Morm. But you're right; everything's so tricky in these games. Gil's exposed wolvery really made it clear (though for some reason you still attracted a little suspicion until near the end).

In Game 2 I made the bold move of 'declaring' Fordim's innocence after he was outvoted but before he was lynched. Pretty dangerous really, though in the end no-one picked me up for it. That act would look pretty good for a wolf wanting to hide among the innocents.

In fact, it's really tricky to defend anyone. Not just because it may appear wolvish, but also because you yourself don't really know anything (if you're ordinary) and you might delude yourself by repeating over and over again She's innocent. I believe her. I think I said something similar to that in the game which turned into a signature.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #255
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
But on a serious note I have no idea why they thought you suspicious enough to lynch. When I was saying that in this game I meant it.
We know why I wanted to get Eomer lynched. It was fun being in the foreground of going after someone. I still need to practise the skill that some of you have naturally.....loud with substance and yet subtle!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 AM   #256
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Untrue. That particular strategy will now be looked for. I doubt many could pull it off though, even before. Of course, it's always worth a shot. See, in order for it to work, you have to have several experienced players on your side. It's all a matter of what cards you are dealt and how you choose to play them.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #257
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdessGoddessknowitall
And it wasn't stupid to say "Fea's a wolf, you should lynch her" on the first day/first page of a brand new game where not only was I saying it, but I actually was a wolf?

People consistently underestimate the power of audacity. Also the ingenuity of fools. Seeing as how it's forbidden to show absolute proof of role (such as PMs), it truly would turn into he said/she said. After that, it's just a matter of who you trust more.

If one of the wolves had claimed Seership early on, when Oro was still suspect, it could have worked out quite nicely for them.
Except that if I were playing in the game, and still living, I would point out the obvious solution: lynch one or the other, and see which one was right. Granted, we might lose a seer that way, but we've identified a wolf; and one wolf identified is about the most one can expect from a seer before seer gets massacred by remaining wolves anyway, so your stooooopid strategy is a wash.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #258
mormegil
Maundering Mage

But at least you take a seer down with you. Otherwise you'll get spotted. I would only have one wolf come forward and say I'm the seer, if I were going to do it. Saying that I'm the mytho/seer would be best.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #259
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Hey, my stooopid strategy of telling everyone I was a wolf multiple times ended up with the wolves winning, so . And before that, my stooopid strategy of saying "KILL LMP!!!!" ended up with you dying and the village winning.

And to be honest, you never know what strategy will work until you get into the game. And even then, it ends up changing. Isn't there a quote somewhere about how the best laid plans only last five minutes into battle?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #260
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Hey, my stooopid strategy of telling everyone I was a wolf multiple times ended up with the wolves winning, so . And before that, my stooopid strategy of saying "KILL LMP!!!!" ended up with you dying and the village winning.

And to be honest, you never know what strategy will work until you get into the game. And even then, it ends up changing. Isn't there a quote somewhere about how the best laid plans only last five minutes into battle?
Now now now. I didn't say those were stoooopid, only the one thing. So there. I'm still smarter than you. nyah nyah nyah.

Besides which, the mytho turned into a werewolf, which is why you guys won. There were no known innocents because there were no shirriffs who could take the initiative away from you depraved beasts.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:02 AM   #261
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
In fact, it's really tricky to defend anyone. Not just because it may appear wolvish, but also because you yourself don't really know anything (if you're ordinary) and you might delude yourself by repeating over and over again She's innocent. I believe her. I think I said something similar to that in the game which turned into a signature.
I was about to defend you when you were about to be lynched because even though I have no solid proofs, I was convinced you were innocent. But due to my weird time zone, it was too late.

On the other hand, it's really tricky to be so convinced that someone's a werewolf. Nilp was saying something to me in the lines of "If Gil is found to be innocent, you are so dead" after my *coughcough* controversial vote for him. It's a good thing he was actually a werewolf.