The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #401
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I filled out this form about ten pages ago, here's some updates...

Short term goals: Name (that you go by): Vanwalossien, Wormtongue (why, I wonder?) and Ingvild
Future Aspirations: get an education, and get away from Norway for several years
Goal in life: I should have one, right?
Short term goals: to get through my final maths exam alive, and to get my first belt in kickboxing EDIT: Math exam finished two hours ago, and I'm still alive [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] EDIT2: Yellow belt in kickboxing! I rock! Or at least I'm not totally hopeless [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Passion: books, movies
Hobbies: kickboxing
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Hmm, most people think I'm "smart", which they think of as a bad thing. Hopeless classmates...
Fave movie: Lotr, Matrix (though I've seen it too many times, it's become boring), Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Trainspotting and lots of others
Fave sport: kickboxing and orienteering is what I like to do, ice hockey is what I like to watch
Fave store: Avalon
Fave music: Nightwish

What you can't stand: most politicians
What you plain dislike: my dad's cooking *shudders*
Who you admire: Tarja Turunen, Tuomas Holopainen, Helge Fauskanger, several BD'ers and Dag Arne Bye
What you most love to do: reading, watch movies, spend time on the Downs
Your self-confessed flaws: I can talk non-stop for hours, I spend too much time online, I talk to myself, constantly, in English... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: history, languages
What scares you: bees (hey, I'm allergic to them, I'm allowed to be afraid of them!)
Quotation to live by:
To err is human, but to foul things up completely requires a computer

Comments: I'm happy to say I've done no further Macarena-dancing in the school hallways since the last time I posted on this thread.

And, if anyone cares to know, I've got two weeks left of school! *hums 'School's out for summer'*

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

[ June 02, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]
Old 05-17-2003, 10:57 PM   #402
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I'm bored, I've just read through this thread and gotten *much* amusement, and though you'll find me on page 8, I'm going to do it again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Because I can.

Name Sara, or here Sophia.

Occupation:to quote my profile, Library Archival Assistant, a dignified name for a most undignified sport.

Future Aspirations: Teach Philosophy to others who will then go on to teach it to others who will...

Goal(s) in life: Learn to take criticism, publish something someday.

Short term goals: Cut back my BarrowDowns time to allow for a life, Run an RPG, post intelligently (contradictory goals, unfortunately).

Passions: Christianity, the Downs, all things Tolkien, Understanding.

Hobbies: RPGs, Useless trivia, crochet.

Famous for: I am a world-class mooch. Though I can't rival Nuranar's 1600 SAT score, my Verbal was 800- not too shabby. Oh, and genuinely having one pointy ear (but only one, we can't be perfect [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

Fave books: The Silmarillion, Perelandra, The Brothers Karamazov, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, In this House of Brede (Rumer Godden).

Fave movies: Disney's Robin Hood (with the fox), The Matrix, Contact, Anne of Green Gables (sappy girlhood memories...).

Fave sports: Baseball, but only to watch, I got cut from the softball team in 7th and that was the end of my career [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Fave stores: What? People somewhere can afford to go to stores?!

Fave music: Lifehouse, Ben Folds, John Mayer, Barenaked Ladies, Tree by Leaf.

What you can't stand: Excessive Feminism, eradication of opinion in the name of "tolerance", people who refuse to think in the name of avoiding conflict.

What you plain dislike: Bananas, cats, allergies, busywork, typos.

Who you admire:
CS Lewis,
lindil- I read his website on occasion,
The Squatter of Amon Rudh- for providing excellent reading wherever he posts,
Dr. Otis Bowen- I work in his archives, a thoroughly admirable man... one can learn much about a person from their personal correspondence,
Garrett Soucy- a most inspiring lyricist.

What you most love to do: browse the Quiz Room, swim, write papers ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] strange but true).

Your self-confessed flaws: Chronic indecision, a tendency to remain seated at all times, argumentativeness, procrastination.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Logic puzzles, freedom and causality, Theology, Symbolic Logic.

What scares you: Televangelists, responsibility, the state of my own spiritual life (scattered at best).

Quotation to live by:
"If my life be ever taken, but death never comes, I know I'll never cease to praise Him, for He's still God!" -Tree by Leaf

"For except You entrhall me, I never shall be free; Nor ever chaste, except You ravish me."
-John Donne (the rest of the poem is quite excellent as well)

Additional comments: This has certainly been an educational experience, making the Downs my new residence... May it live long and prosper! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #403
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sophia, thanks for posting on this topic. I have not seen it for a long time, and this is one of my favorites. I will have to go back and check if I need to do any updating on my original post (It seems so long ago when I first posted on this topic)
Old 05-17-2003, 11:08 PM   #404
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Ben Folds
I love Ben Folds! He's quite a rarity in today's music world- he's actually a musician.
Quote:
Excessive Feminism
I had a man hater teacher a couple years ago. I knew something was wrong the first day when I walked in and noticed the class consisted of about 25 girls and only 3 guys. I actually had fun tormenting her though.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #405
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I actually had fun tormenting her.
LOL, Phantom! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Me, I live for peanut butter ice cream (OK, think me strange, but once you taste it, you’ll want more and more!), red lollies and Greek salad.

I love TWO different types of surfing (here in Sydney there are the most superb swells!) and ,well, surfing Barrow downs till I fall asleep on the keyboard! (guilty) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Tarien Ithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:43 AM   #406
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

*Shaking my head in shame* I really wrote some complete rubbish before. I'm deleting it now.

*Name: I'm mostly known as Joey- I have the same first names as JK Rowling! (Pointless fact)

*Occupation: Sixth Form- French, History, Sociology- and General Studies (a very pointless subject, I'm brilliant at it)

*Future Aspirations: To be a primary school teacher, or recently I've been having doubts and thinking lawyer...couldn't be much more different!

*Goal in life: To be happy, I guess!

*Short term goals: Get off the computer and REVISE! Get an A in History, walk to Rivendell

*Passion(s):Reading, LOTR, my diary, the BARROWDOWNS

*Hobbies: Ice skating, reading again, writing, listening to music, walking

*Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Rejecting Cambridge!!!! Yes, it was me who did the rejecting not them.

*Fave book: LOTR and other Tolkien books, Tamora Pierce, His Dark Materials (Philip Pullman), the Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan), Agatha Christie books, Jane Austen (especially Persuasion), Wilkie Collins, Notes from a Small Island (Bill Bryson), Sophie's World (Jostein Gaarder- or something like that!), the Secret Garden and the Little Princess (Frances Hodgeson Burnett)

*Fave movie(s): LOTR, Moulin Rouge (I cried and cried), Mission Kashmir, 8 Mile, Shakespeare in Love, An Ideal Husband, Singing in the Rain, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast (I like Disney!), A Knights Tale, Pride and Prejudice (only I think it was made for TV- but Colin Firth!), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, A Hard Days Night (OK, I love musicals)

*Fave sport: Formula 1(Montoya), football (Arsenal and West Ham- noooooo Division 1!), Cricket (Surrey)

*Fave store: I buy nearly everything I wear at New Look

*Fave music: Daniel Beddingfield, Justin Timberlake, the Calling, the Beatles, Usher, Eminem, Ewan McGregor (Come What May and Your Song), the Corrs, Enrique Iglesias, Nelly and Kelly (but only together), Van Morrison (Brown Eyed Girl), Darius, Girls Aloud (NOT)

*What you can't stand: People who think that their opinion is the only one that's important and everyone else is obviously completely wrong. Aaargh!

*What you plain dislike: Brussel Sprouts, Coronation Street, sociologists. What kind of rubbish do they go on about? No, religion was not made to oppress peole or worship society- it is RELIGION!

*Who you admire: My Mummy. She's incredible! (and a LOTR fan)

*What you most love to do: See: *Hobbies

*Your self-confessed flaws: My opinions change too much. I wish I had fixed, black/white ideas.

*What intrigues/fascinates you: People

*What scares you: Oral Exams. How could I tell you whether famine and war and disease and poverty are ever going to end in ENGLISH never mind French?

*Quotation to live by: It is one of the things men are for, taking the blame. They usually deserve it even if you don't know how- Lini. You have to love Robert Jordan! Also: "Oh sheep swallop. Sheep swallop and BLOODY BUTTERED ONIONS!"
Seriously, Always look on the bright side of life. There's ALWAYS something good about your situation. And if you ever need perspective visit Auschwitz- I have a wonderful life!
"If it wasn't for the last moment nothing would ever get done"

*Additional comments: if anyone is still reading this, and is interested enough to care- thank you! Oh and sorry for the blathering...

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #407
Mood

Sting

Name (that you go by):Shannon is my real name, but you all can call me Mood.
Future Aspirations: I want to be involved in music all my life, be around it.
Goal in life: To become a pro musician, and to make enough money to support my 12 member future family.
Short term goals: To graduate.
Passion: Writing and music
Hobbies:Same as above only collecting the worlds largest collection of hand drawn LOTR paitings.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being a smart mouth. I survive by controversy, so I hope I don’t get into too much trouble here. Also, I’m a member of Ainaserkewen’s famous Military Band.(George the cougar is hungry, grrrrr!) inside joke.
Fave book: The unfinished tales, I love the background.
Fave movie: TV ruins your mind, but I really liked Shakespear in Love.
Fave sport: Uh, does marching Band count?
Fave store: Anything that sells food.
Fave music: Instrumental and Linkin Park.
What you can't stand: Bullying and disrespect,
What you plain dislike: The word retarded.
Who you admire: Anyone who has achieved in anything.
What you most love to do: curl up with a good, inspiring book.
Your self-confessed flaws: My mouth, oh yah, I mentioned that.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Made up histories, they seem so much more interesting than the real thing.
What scares you: dying alone, but I guess that doesn’t apply here does it?
Quotation to live by: Those who build bridges, can continue to cross them.
Additional comments: Whatever anyone says, does or thinks, whenever you feel worthless, whenever you’re sad remember that God loves you and will take care of you and all you half to do is Love back.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #408
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Well, I suppose it's about time I got round to posting here ...

Name (that you go by): There are some that call me ... Tim
Future Aspirations: Health, wealth and an early night once every so often
Goal in life: Raise my children the best I can and give them the best possible start in life … oh, and have some fun along the way
Short term goals: Smoke less, drink less … er, stop giving myself unrealistic short term goals [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Passion: My wife and my children
Hobbies: What I do to enjoy myself
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Not bragging about myself

Fave books: LotR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, Wuthering Heights, A Farewell to Arms, The Magus, The Name of the Rose, Foucauld's Pendulum, the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series, the Faraway Tree books (of course)
Fave movie: Blade Runner, Star Wars (the first and best), FotR, TTT, anything Monty Python/Terry Gilliam, Alien, Aliens, The Omen, The Thing, Jurassic Park, Dead Poet’s Society
Fave sport: Formula 1 (go Jensen), Football (Chelsea and England), Cricket (Surrey and England)
Fave store: Any games shop (boardgames, that is)
Fave music: Now, where to begin? Well, first and foremost The Beatles; Other 60s rock/pop, especially The Kinks, The Stones and The Who, but a lot more besides; Pink Floyd (60s and 70s only); Bowie (70s and 80s only); Abba; 80s pop (everything that takes me back to my teenage/uni days – Ultravox, Visage, Frankie, U2, Simple Minds, The Cure, Madness, The Specials, Adam and the Ants, Elvis Costello, Kate Bush and so much more); a lot from the 90s, particularly Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, REM, The Divine Comedy, Dodgy; Current Favourites: Coldplay, Gomez, Feeder, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Coral, The Flaming Lips and, best of all, The Doves (can you tell that I like music [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

What you can't stand: Intolerance, but since I don’t practice what I preach I would add bad drivers and stupid people
What you plain dislike: Tony Blair and the whole bunch of charlatans in government who are messing up the UK, and while I’m on the topic (since I have to use it every day) the appalling state of the UK Public Transport System [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Who you admire: My late mother, my wife and my brothers. Other than that, no-one really stands out, although this site has vastly increased my admiration for JRR Tolkien
What you most love to do: Enjoy myself
Your self-confessed flaws: Intolerance (see above) and laziness
What intrigues/fascinates you: Anything to do with the paranormal
What scares you: The thought of losing my family ... oh, and spiders

Quotation to live by: Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #409
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Simply must comment:
Quote:
Sophie's World
Very good! Loved it. You have good taste Lyra.

Quote:
There are some that call me ... Tim
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] How often I've wished there was some good quote to go with my name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. There are some that call me... Sophia? doesn't sound like much though...

Quote:
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] indeed...
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:45 PM   #410
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Fave sport: Formula 1 (go Jensen), Football (Chelsea and England), Cricket (Surrey and England)
Well Saucepan Man, you have good taste in sports. And in cricket clubs...but Chelsea? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Kate Bush
Yay! Wuthering Heights! That is the most amazing performance anyone has ever done on TOTP! And ABBA- definitely [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . And U2 (although I'm more of a fan of their recent stuff, the Sweetest Thing, Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment.

Quote:
and while I’m on the topic (since I have to use it every day) the appalling state of the UK Public Transport System
Ditto, and I couldn't agree more. I have to use the Central Line...(Just the thought of it makes me want to weep) And when I go to uni I'm going to be going into Central London on the Underground EVERY DAY! It's going to be hideous...

[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 02:22 PM   #411
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Once again, I'm very late in finding another good thread, what can I say? I'm a procrastinator!

Name (that you go by): Ara, Arafangwen, Emily, Mimi(yes Mimi), Twinkle-toes(think the Flinstones), Gumbi-Girl, Kathy(don't ask), and that's only the most frequent ones....
Age: How old do you think I am? (In other words, I don't tell)
Future Aspirations: To own and run my own dance studio, to be a mother, and to go on many fruitful mission trips
Goal in life: Live for Christ, and see above
Short term goals: Come out alive when I move away from my parents(they drive me crazy!), get to know people better.....
Passion: God
Hobbies: Dance, music, LOTR, ice skating, playing around on the piano
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Beating guys up(what can I say, they were being rude to my friends) on a regular basis(I guess that means my exuse is gone huh?), dancing, being involved in practicaly every church function, a horibble memory, sending my brother to the emergeny room, twice, in one year(my guy cousins tend to rub off on me, that should be a self confessed flaw), being a problem solver

Fave book: the Bible, anything by Agatha Christie, anything by C.S. Lewis, LOTR, anything by Cal or Rose Samra
Fave movie: Extreme Days, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Emperors New Groove, LOTR, TTT, Peter Pan, DareDevil, Ocean's Eleven(the newest one), Scooby Doo, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, and Search for the Holy Grail(Monty Python!)
Fave sport: Dance, Ice Skating, Gymnastics
Fave store: Kohls!
Fave music: Pop/rock-Superchic[k], classical-Tchaikovsky, soft rock(I guess?)/rap-DCTalk

What you can't stand: Hypocrites, bad attitudes, ignorance, people who don't take care of themselves, and Stupid Drivers!!!!!
What you plain dislike: Divorce, pain-physical and emotional, ignorance, rude people

(no worrys for you here Phantom [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Who you admire: God, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Aislynn GiOtis, George W. Bush, people who speak their minds without offending others or being rude
What you most love to do: Dance, or hang out with my friends(at church most likely)
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination(how I ever got so many posts on this site I'll never know), I'm quick to anger
What intrigues/fascinates you: Most everything
What scares you: "normal" people, and joyless christians
Quotation to live by: Jerimiah 29:11-
"For I know the plans I have for you." declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope, and a future."
"I have my days where I'm the one and lonely, but today I choose to be the one and only."~Superchic[k]
"Instead of being paranoid, try being an inverse paranoid, convinced that everyone is out to make you happy."~Unknown
"You do what you do like you know what you're doing / And you go where you go 'cause your feet keep you moving / Through the highs and the lows and the, winning and losing / That's the ways you know that you're alive" ~Carolyn Arends
"'Normal' is a setting on your dryer."~Whoopi Goldberg?

Additional comments: I can only say that I hope this was humerouse, yet informative. Oh yeah, I'm a homeschooler too!

[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:22 PM   #412
Angela
Newly Deceased

Angela has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Angela
Sting

Name (that you go by): Angi
Future Aspirations: Own my own youth center
Goal in life: to grow closer to God
Short term goals: to be the best mother to my son
Passion: Music
Hobbies: Computer, Music, Dancing, Movies
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being friendly and fun to be around. One of the kids...

Fave book: Lord of the Rings / Flowers in the Attic
Fave movie: Lord of the Rings / The Sandlot
Fave sport: BAseball
Fave store: Hot Topic
Fave music: Christian Rock / Techno

What you can't stand: Loud obnoxious rude poeple
What you plain dislike: burnt orange cars
Who you admire: Jesus /my friend rhonda
What you most love to do: listen to music/spend time with God
Your self-confessed flaws: don't pray enough
What intrigues/fascinates you: Nature
What scares you: Mean people
Quotation to live by: John 12:25
He who loves his life will lose it. He who hates his life in this world will keep it to eternal life.

Additional comments: You guys rock!

~Veardaiel~

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: Angela ]
~Psalm 37~14&15 The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.~
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #413
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

Name (that you go by): Well, Scott is the preferred one (although Scooter pops up occasionally along w/ Nathaniel, but I don’t get the meaning behind Nathaniel). And if I may dare to reuse a quote, “There are some that call me ... Tim.” Timothy is my real name (with the obvious variant of Timmy, but only the people who like to irritate me especially use it.
Age: 18… going on who cares about age. It’s all about the mind.
Occupation: Student, part-time pizza chef, and pool maintenance assistant (pool boy).
Future Aspirations: Stop making pizza and fixing pool pumps… Oh yeah, find some way to make a difference in the world too, I guess.
Goal in life: To never be able to call myself an adult… explained later
Short-term goals: Make it to college in one piece.
Passion: Seeking out the girls I can never get (or so it seems the passion that fate has betrothed me to)
Hobbies: Chess, reading, writing, art, languages, cooking, talking, analyzing every little quirk about life, hiking, swimming
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I don’t like bragging, but on the inside who can honestly say they hate it? So, I’ve received numerous Academic Decathlon medals at state competitions and have the largest collection of useless awards and certificates on this planet.

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings, The Giver, The Prince, Dracula, Hamlet, The Divine Comedy, plus more I can’t think of presently
Fave movie: Definitely Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Fave sport: Swimming… (Teams would be Denison U. and the US Olympic team all the way (sorry Thorpe lovers)
Fave store: Border’s Books, Newman’s Outfitters, Toys R’ Us, A&A Comics
Fave music: Weezer, The Juliana Theory, Green Day, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Thellonius Monk, John Coltrane, The Ramones, X-Ray Sex… again ore that I can’t presently think of (can we see a trend forming?)

What you can't stand: Racism, Gossipping, uninformed opinions, apathy
What you plain dislike: All of the mentioned above, horrible grammar, people who don’t enjoy others who make up their own words (a bit two-faced maybe, but, eh)
Who you admire: Teachers, My Dad
What you most love to do: Explain, have real conversations with people
Your self-confessed flaws: Non-willingness-to-act syndrome, make up too many words
What intrigues/fascinates you: Everything
What scares you: Really, ignorarnce… but if that doesn’t count, the “Anties” (You know the half ant, half human things from that old B movie, The Anties)
Quotation to live by: A combo of two: “Dare to know” – Immanuel Kant and “Dare to be stupid” – Weird Al Yankovic
Additional comments: On the adult thing… I only use the word “adult” in it’s most pejorative sense. That is, to be one of those people who loses sight of all of their once so radiant dreams to conform and live the rest of their lives in what society has coined the happiness that would be good enough for them.

~Scott
Old 06-03-2003, 12:54 AM   #414
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Been almost six months (or more) since I did this thread. And since it's my birthday [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I might as well re-assess my life

name: pam or peejay
occupation: student teacher, and soon...a poetry performer and lead singer for a rock band
Future aspirations:i'm a sucker for motherhood..I see it as having a kid for a best friend. I'd love to study music soon, and go backpacking in Europe and South East Asia, build my own house....
Goal in life: to write about my family, raise my own family, and to love, love, love
Passion:performing poetry, singing, and music. Dare i not forget Lord of the Rings
Hobbies:books and cds. books and cds!
Short term goals: to finish my literature thesis, and to graduate...and to be an effective teacher even if it only means 2 and a half months
Famous for: my powerhouse voice! I was a nobody in school, quite marginalized in the social scene, and i brought the school gym down when i belted out a ballad. I also sang "Drive" by Incubus at a bar near the university, and i am very famous for my poetry performances.

Fave book:(i am surprised at how many people love Anthem and The Giver) She's Come Undone, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, The Lord of the Rings, A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver, House of the Spirits, and a bookshelf more! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Fave movie: American Beauty, The Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, Signs, The Gladiator, Babe...
Fave Sport: the closest to being athletic that i can get is walking
Fave store:Book Sale, Powerbooks, Fully Booked (all book stores in Manila). And I practically LIVE in this mall: Alabang Town Center---one of the best places in the city.
Fave Music:LotR soundtracks, celtic, classical, Tony Bennet (starting a collection), Dave Matthews, Josh Groban *sigh*, Broadway (though i need updating, Dreamtheater (i listen and love my brother's stuff), Creed (sedates me), Lion King soundtrack, almost anything Hans Zimmer.............

What you can't stand: cat calls, two weeks of unlimited rain, racism, chauvinists, closed minded people ("LotR is evil! HP is evil!"), phones going off in the middle of a movie...and yeah: Chicago winning the Oscars; i'm still bitter about that.
What you plain dislike:videoke, singing to a machine
Who you admire: Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey, Hayden Taylor (if i got the name right...he's the eco challenge guy at NGC), my aunts, and my mom and my amazing dad.
What you most love to do: doing yoga while playing Loreena McKennit or Hebrew worship, reading, watching cartoons while it's raining outside, walking at 4.30 pm, staying in my room right before the peak of the afternoon sunset.
What intrigues/fascinates you: I'm a hstory freak, and i love ancient history. I'm into celtic stuff, and I'm beginning to study the mythologies of the Philipines
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm just too lazy, and I procrastinate, and I start off nice, and give up in the middle of everything. Plus, i complain too much as if i'm "holier than thou"
What scares you: when i know too much and know not what to do
Quotation to live by:
The Beauty of this world and the tragedy of existence is that one needs another to live.
and
Those who say that they believe in God and yet neither love nor fear him,
do not in fact believe in him but in those who have taught them that God
exists. Those who believe that they believe in God, but without any passion
in their heart, any anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt,
without an element of despair even in their consolation, believe only in the
God-idea, not God."

Additional comments: It's important to be constantly aware that you know nothing, and that there is more wisdom in humility.

there.
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 01:06 AM   #415
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
To be a primary school teacher, or recently I've been having doubts and thinking lawyer...couldn't be much more different!
I used to have the same choice of prfession dancing in head! Only I thought lawyer first, then teacher. As it turns out...I'll be teaching, thought I have the band thing coming.
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #416
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Name (that you go by): There are some that call me ... Tim
Saucepan Man-

Oh mighty Tim the Sorcerer,
You have told us thy name,
And you have told us thy quest,
but prithee, What is your favourite colour? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:05 AM   #417
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Name (that you go by): Kyla (my first name) or Summer (my second name!)

Goal in life: To get a degree in law and psychology, and become a Lawyer.

Short term goals: To get through University with excellent marks!

Passion: Music, books and life!!

Hobbies: Spending my time on Barrow Downs, Talking (he he), learning new
things.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): My temper (lol),
my Thai cooking (brilliant at cooking), for my excellent ice-skating (I’ve won
eight, first place positions and seven second place positions) and for being very
opinionated.

Fave book: More like favourite books The Lord Of The Rings (all three), the hobbit and ….. oh there are to many I love every single one of Tolkiens books!

Fave movie: The Lord Of The Rings

Fave sport: Ice-Skating

Fave store: Hmmm I don’t know….

Fave music: Oh no …. classical, pop, rock, R&B, heavy metal all kinds.

What you can't stand: People being disrespectful, people not listening to me, people talking in the movies, people swearing, people littering, people saying not nice things about Tolkien and I, people who let there cigarette smoke blow in my face ….. can I go on?

Who you admire: Me of course ok ok… my mother, JRRT, my teacher and my best friend and my boyfriend of course!!!

What you most love to do: Ice-skate, sing, play on my guitar, play on my piano and read!

Your self-confessed flaws: My feet aren’t big but they are ugly!

What intrigues/fascinates you: I would say life does oh and middle earth!

What scares you: Death, spiders, war, death, spiders, war oh and death, spiders, war!

Quotation to live by: Life is not about how many breaths you take but about how many times it leaves you breathless!!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #418
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
What is your favourite colour?
Blue. No, yel-- auuuuuuuugh!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #419
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name: Mallory, MalPal (don't ask) and the Slowness Shield.

Future Aspirations: To be a novelist or singer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Goal in life: Isn't that the same thing?

Short term goals: To pass the Spanish Final this Friday! *Crosses Fingers*

Passion: Music, Writing, Soccer, friends & family.

Hobbies: RPGs, Tae Kwon Do, and running.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Talking all the time. Singing in between classes and humming during classes. Being absolutely and outright loud. I'm also known for being one of the only kids who looks forward to the weekly mile runs at school. Being stubborn.

Fave book: Sabriel by Garth Nix. Lirael was good too, and I've only gotten through the first chapter of Abhorsen.

Fave movie: Beauty and the Beast.

Fave sport: Three-way tie between Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, and track.

Fave music: Anything rock or alternative rock I guess. Evanescence is a favorite too.

What you can't stand: My General Music teacher. But I like singing along to the music she puts on, even if its not the kind I usually listen to. "You are the dancing queeeeen!" "Lean on meeeee! When you're not strong! I'll be your friend! I'll help you carrrrrrry on!" "Oohhh! We're livin' on a prayer! Take my hand, we'll make it I swear!"
What you plain dislike: People who are always in a bad mood and pity themselves.

Who you admire: My grandpa.

What you most love to do: Sing, play guitar, hang out with friends, and run.

Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination and writer's block. Being too friendly to people who don't appreciate it. Trusting people who don't deserve it.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Rain.

What scares you: Knowing that I have the ability to choose what I want to do with my life and the fact that it's a big deal and everyone else is making very careful decisions and I already know what I want to do with my life. I'm scared I've made the wrong decision already since it was such an easy choise. I'm also scared of failure.

Quotation to live by:

"Sometimes I have bad days / And its hard to be me / Sometimes I get brought down / By insecurity / And I have my days where / I'm the one and lonely / But today I choose / To be the one and only / Yeah, I'm the one and only"

And...

"Better to be a wussy pirate than not a pirate at all."

-Aylwen

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 06-10-2003, 02:36 PM   #420
*Lúcëwen*Elerína*Eruiel*

Silmaril

Quote:
"Sometimes I have bad days / And its hard to be me / Sometimes I get brought down / By insecurity / And I have my days where / I'm the one and lonely / But today I choose / To be the one and only / Yeah, I'm the one and only"
Yeah! Superchic[k] fans!

Would it be wise to tell you any more than has been told?
Old 06-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #421
Angela
Newly Deceased

Angela has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Angela
*SuperChick In the House Tonight*

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
~Psalm 37~14&15 The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.~
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:05 PM   #422
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Catherine, Cat, 1337 0l\l3, Mangaka, or Paul (don't ask)
Occupation: High School sophomore (wise fool! Bleh), music freak, happy goth, and new driver!
Future Aspirations: To teach violin privately and watch my students go up and blow everyone away, get my master's degree in instrumental (major) and vocal (minor) performance, to speak every European language semi-fluently, and to go live on a misty moor in Scotland, the land of my heart.
Goal in life: To live my dreams and be remembered fondly
Short term goals: Survive chamber music camp, get over the hurt I feel for what someone said to me today, learn to play the first part of Meditation from Thais, gat my summer project done at least two weeks before school starts.
Passion: Violin, drawing, singing
Hobbies: doodling, writing poetry, musing, being with friends, see everything in passions also
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Violin, mad manga skills, my pallor

Fave book: My Antonia, The Hobbit, The Other Wind
Fave movie: LotR series, Undercover Brother, Finding Nemo (CUTE MOVIE!!!!)
Fave sport: To watch: Dance (my friends are dancers), formula 1 racing and basketball, to play: ...do you count DDR?
Fave store: Barnes and Noble, Hot Topic
Fave music: My new addiction is The White Stripes, but I also love System of a Down, Evanescence, Vivaldi, the Rumanian Folk Dances by Bartók, and Meditation from Thais by Massenet (any other classical fans here? I haven't seen many)

What you can't stand: I'm afraid of being cut; if I get a papercut I'm afraid of bleeding to death [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. I also can't stand people who don't listen to you and/or say something awful and then are surprised when you cry.
What you plain dislike: People who disrespect other people's cultures... and the DUTCH!!! (Haha, I don't mean that, just ditto above)
Who you admire: Whoever I trust
What you most love to do: Be on the computer...?
Your self-confessed flaws: Not very trusting at all, too quiet, kind of transparent
What intrigues/fascinates you: How people can hurt people and not even care
What scares you: A lot of stuff
Quotation to live by: Love how you live, live what you love.

Additional comments: Written with love!
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #423
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think I have seen quite a few classical fans 'round here, though they may be pages and pages back in the thread. Unfortunately, I know hardly anything about it, but like it anyway. Everybody from Bach to Phillip Glass!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #424
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Name (that you go by): Shannon (hey Mood, we've got the same name! How dare you steal it!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )

Future Aspirations: Ummm...to get a personal title? Nah, to emerge from university victorious and become the best architect of the age!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Goal in life: To win at least 3 surfing competitions (*or is that asking too much?)
Short-term goals: To keep my relationship with my boyfriend steady and to pass my end-of-year exam easily! (shouldn't be too hard) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Passion: Surfing, books and, let me think, oh, and staying in bed as long as possible!

Hobbies: Surfing!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Don't worry there's more...Barrowdowns, art, designing, reading.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Catching the biggest swells of the day, blushing to hard, *trying to be modest* ahem, getting the best marks of the class. (hope I wasn't to vain!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings (really, duh!!), The Hobbit

Fave movie: Blue Crush *surprise surprise*, Lord of the Rings, Legally Blonde, Vertical Limit, Lilo & Stitch

Fave sport: Can you guess? Surfing!!

Fave store: The little surf store on the corner called Surf's Up!, Young Designers Inc., Marks & Spencers (only when I went to England!) No Marks and Spencers in Australia! boohoo [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Fave music: Eminem, Faith Hill, LOTR Soundtrack, J.LO

What you can't stand: Intentional ignorance, fakers, gossiping, cliched movies, surfing rivals!!

What you plain dislike: Hmm..misused grammer and bad spelling, a shark, Elven-haters
Who you admire: My mom, J.R.R Tolkien, my boyfriend Josh.

What you most love to do: Surf, read, design, and explore the unlimited Barrowdowns!

Your self-confessed flaws: Well, I'm a little cheeky and stubborn. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

What intrigues/fascinates you: Middle-earth, fire, Elves, and...Helkahothion! (he really does fascinate me!)

What scares you: The dark really, it does!) and sharkbite.

Quotation to live by: "We make a living by what you get, we make a life by what we give.

Additional comments: Ummmm.....Hug a Balrog today!! (don't ask me where that came from!)

Crickhollow
Old 06-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #425
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Sting

I think that I should edit a bit. And since people find me intriguing, (whatever you spell that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) I shall update everyday. Nah kidding you would go nuts [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name (that you go by): André
Future Aspirations: Move to the states and study business economy.
Goal in life: Life till I die at old age.
Short term goals: Get that darn PT and finish HAVO.
Passion: Writing, Faye Took, skating, handball, alcohol(just a little [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Hobbies: handball, the downs, skating, hanging out where people don't want me
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Creating the pants attacking monkey of doom, being really weird at times, but sweet and caring at other times. And I am tolled to write something people actualy care to read.

Fave book: Lotr, Silmarillion, the hobbit,Harry Potter.*ducks*
Fave movie: Lotr fotr and ttt. And braveheart.
Fave sport: Handball
Fave store: What's a store?
Fave music: Ehm, just put everything you can thing of in here. Except trance and hardhouse, that stuff gives me a seizure.

What you can't stand: Racists, Gay haters, people that don't argue, talking behind my back
What you plain dislike: Can I say names? I can't? Blasted. Nah I love you all, ehm, I plain disslike those little vegetebles they put in chinese food. And getting out of bed early.
Who you admire: No one really.
What you most love to do: Handball, drink and laugh.
Your self-confessed flaws: Not accepting authorety, stubbornes, always wanting the last word
What intrigues/fascinates you: Fashion. I hate it. Other people tell you what is fashion just so they can make profit out of it. So fascinating. I wonder what would happen if I would order what is hip [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
What scares you: Scary movies
Quotation to live by: "Life today and look back tomorrow"

Additional comments: I'm not arrogant.

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:28 PM   #426
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Methinks I should update mine.......

Name (that you go by): Sarah (or Sapphire)
Future Aspirations: To be an author
Goal in life: See above
Short term goals: Finish the LotR fic I'm working on.
Passion: Reading, writing, LotR, and scaring my brother [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] .
Hobbies: Reading, writing, listening to music, surfing the Net, and scaring anit-LotR people.
Famous for: My fanfic on Fanfiction.net. And for wearing my Fellowship cloak everywhere. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Fave book: LotR, The Hobbit, Silmarillion, Sword of Truth (series), and Harry Potter. *defies all HP hating Downers*
Fave movie: LotR: FotR, LotR: TT, Eight Legged Freaks, Princess Mononoke, Aliens
Fave sport: Is surfing the 'net a sport?
Fave store: Knight's Legend (sells all sorts of nice fantasy stuff [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Fave music: LotR soundtracks, Enya, Linkin Park, and the Dark Mind soundtrack (that's the music for my story; just a bunch of songs my friend and I downloaded that really went with the story. Includes 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Journey, and Creed)

What you can't stand: People who hate LotR, and those that act like total orcs. And Nazgirls.
What you plain dislike: School, and getting up early (8:00 or earlier [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Who you admire: My dad, and Professor Tolkien.
What you most love to do: Work with my dad on my fanfic, IM with friends, hang out with friends. Scare people. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Your self-confessed flaws: A tendency to procrasitinate, and being on the internet for too long. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: Trying to figure out all the little intricasies in LotR. And Helka ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).
What scares you: People who act too nice. :S
Quotation to live by: I say when life gives you a lemon, wing it right back and add a few lemons of you own.

Additional comments: And then Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiIIIIGHT! *passes out*

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 06-11-2003, 06:45 PM   #427
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Quote:
"Life today and look back tomorrow"
Are you sure that's not live today?
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 11:39 PM   #428
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
To watch: Dance (my friends are dancers)
Go you! I'm glad you enjoy watching.

Alright, I was going to wait to update on my birthday, but I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!! So here I go again:

Name (that you go by): Erin or Brinn
Age: I will be 15 on June 28 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Future Aspirations: I wish to be a screenwriter or director for films
Goal in life: To be happy
Short term goals: To become a better driver by the time I get my liscence (I really do suck right now) and overcoming shyness
Passion: dance, writing, art
Hobbies: look above
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): being on my high school dance team and obsessing over LOTR (don't we all)

Fave book: LOTR, The Silmarillion, The Shannara series, The Obsidian Chronicles
Fave movie: LOTR, Chicago, X2, Matrix, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Rat Race, Bandits, Moulin Rouge, Sleepy Hollow (I find flying heads funny)
Fave sport: dance
Fave store: Barnes and Noble
Fave music: Blink 182, Green Day, Enya, Sheila Chandra, Nelly Furtado, Kelly Clarkson, Monica, Norah Jones, Edwin McCain, Evanescence

What you can't stand: stupid people, sluts, cigarette smoke
What you plain dislike: summer school P.E. (I think I'm currently suffering from shin splints)
Who you admire: Nando Parrado, a survivor of the Andes crash
What you most love to do: dance (duh), write, and spend time on the BD
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm obsessive, shy, and a terrible procrastinator
What intrigues/fascinates you: darkness, night
What scares you: spiders and sometimes clowns
Quotation to live by: Still don't have one. I really need to find one, don't I?

Additional comments: My deathday just passed and I have now been living happily on BD for one year and five days.

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:14 AM   #429
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Name (that you go by): Hannah, Hiri, Eru
Future Aspirations: Write a novel, become a professional dancer
Goal in life: See the above
Short term goals: Convince my parents to let me get my permit, stop being obsessed with boys
Passion: Dancing, writing
Hobbies: Dancing, writing, internet, reading, being annoying, daydreaming
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Being the "outsider" in almost every group I participate in; laughing insanely; confusing my friends with obsure words; reading all the time;

Fave book: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging series; The Raging Quiet; LotR
Fave movie: LotR: FotR; Lotr: TTT; 1st Austin Powers
Fave sport: For lack of participation in any organized sport, I will say dancing, even though it is an art, not a sport
Fave store: Barnes and Noble
Fave music: Avril Lavigine; classical composers

What you can't stand: People who are not themselves
What you plain dislike: Clowns
Who you admire: I'm working on this
What you most love to do: Dance
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination; short temper
What intrigues/fascinates you: I can get lost in a good paradox for hours
What scares you: Spiders; failure
Quotation to live by: I haven't found one yet

Additional comments: Wheeee!!!

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:45 AM   #430
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Name (that you go by): EVE (Everdawn)
Future Aspirations: I want to be an entertainment journalist or a psycologist. But what i would love above anything is to be in musical theatre.
Goal in life: To go to Machu Picchu in Peru which i will hopefull be going to in two years. And have a fridge full of juice. As well as play Velma Kelly in Chicago, or be in Carmen one day. And surf the breaks in Spain.
Short term goals: To get the best O.P i can get so i can do whatever i want at uni.
Passion: Drama.
Hobbies: Horse Riding, surfing, going to concerts, being a band gorupie of "Between theories" and "The Kidneythieves." Magazine reading. And gossip! Acting.
Famous for: Being the nutcase of the school! I also have gotten leads in 3 school musicals, Veronica in "guys and dolls" Maggie in "In the age of elvis" and Betty in "The roaring 20's" which was a great laugh.
Fave book: other than Lotr? Petals on the wind by Virginia Andrews and Gone with the wind.
Fave movie: The Lion King, Moulin Rouge, Interview with the Vampire, Chicago, Lord of the rings. Ronin.
Fave sport: Basketball, Horse Sports, Surfing.
Fave store: Valley Girl, Sass&Bide.
Fave music: The Kidneythieves, Between Theories, Orgy, Hole, Marilyn Manson, Good Charlotte, swing music and anything 20's.

What you can't stand: Really good dreams being interupted by waking up!

What you plain dislike: Girls who are as young as 12 and 13 dressing like 18 year olds, and girls who dont have respect for themselves.

Who you admire: Nicole Kidman, i love her! she is my idol and i will tolerate no badness of Nicole around me! lol, and Catherine Zeta Jones.. i love her! And Kate Daer, a very brilliant actress.

What you most love to do: Go on a world trip with my friends and visit every elevator along the way.. oh yeah and get a phrase book and go to somewhere like china and say "my dog is hungry" in Chinese and see the peoples expressions.

Your self-confessed flaws: In over the top sometimes.. and i scare foriegn students who come to visit..oops!

What intrigues/fascinates you: Hairdressers.. you know how you go there and you can never get your hair the same?.. i wonder how they do it!

What scares you: uh... clowns.... freaky! oh and oompa loompers!

Quotation to live by: "When i rule the world, there will be an elevator and a fridge full of juice in every home! Peace is a must!"

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #431
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Name (that you go by): Arianrod and Katt
Future Aspirations: To be a well known author. If I ever do publish and get my name out there, I want to choose a foundation or organization (like support for victims of children's cancer), write a story on it, and give all profits to the organization. That'd be awsome.
Goal in life: To be happy. Publish a book or two, find someone I'm happy with, move to a nice and quite location
Short term goals: Survive high school! get practice in writing and maybe win a contest or two if I can.
Passion: Tolkien, writing, music
Hobbies: writing, reading, going online
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I don't know if I'm famous for anything really. Well, I'm famous for my clarinet and oboe playing in band.

Fave book: RotK, Terry Pratchett books, and Anne McCaffrey books.
Fave movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Matrix, LotR, Chicago, Rat Race
Fave sport: Ice Hockey(to watch; I don't do sports, that's why I'm in band so much)
Fave store: There's this little book shop in a town here that's called "Jus-Be-Koz" and is one of those quaint, old fashioned, old book kind of store. I just love it. You can't find stores like that nowadays...
Fave music: Jazz, Celtic, LotR soundtracks, Linkin Park, oldies... I could basically listen to anything that has a beat (except rap and country)

What you can't stand: People that ask for your email address and only send you idiotic forwards. I hate the forwards themselves, too. I mean, I got this one that basically told me how much whoever sent this to me loves me and how much I mean to them, which is sweet, yet at the end it says that if I don't tell others how much I love them, my life will be cursed forever. Pfft, feel the love.
What you plain dislike: Fangirls. And by that I mean the people that see the LotR movies only to see their hot little actor on the screen and have no respect for the storyline at all. You know who I mean: the girls that sit through 3 viewings of the Fellowship yet stare blankly at you if you refer to "Legolas" instead of "Orli". Oh, and mean preps.
Who you admire: My sister. She's such an amazing person that has made her own life and worked hard for everything she has and yet is so willing to give it all away to someone else in need.
What you most love to do: Nothing! No really, I enjoy not having to do anything. That way I can really decide what I want to do with my time, and take my own time doing it.
Your self-confessed flaws: I have almost no self confidence. I like to pretend like I do, but I really don't. Every time I do something, I tell myself I'll fail at it. And I write too much in my posts. :P
What intrigues/fascinates you: Egyptian mythology. Actually alot of mythology fascinates me, but for some reason I'm very drawn to ancient Egypt. Always have been, always will be.
What scares you: COCKROACHES!!! They're my #1 fear. I'm not kidding at all; they absolutely terrify me. And it's not funny. So stop laughing at me.
Quotation to live by:
Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.
and of course...
Quote:
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. -Gandalf
Additional comments: Um... Sorry I took up so much space! Much thanks to anyone that cares enough to read this. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 18, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #432
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
almost 16
OMG Helky I can't believe I'm older than you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Crickhollow
Old 06-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #433
TolkienFreak14

Sting

Name (that you go by): Tori Knight
Future Aspirations: ?
Goal in life:?
Short term goals:?
Passion:?
Hobbies: Japanese, Reading, Computers.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): i don't brag, i am famous for being a freak though, i am proud of that

Fave books: LOTR, War of The Worlds, Out of the silent planet, All Hp books, all Chronicles of narnia
Fave movie: FOTR, TTT, the matrix, the matrix reloaded, Hp 1, Hp 2,
Fave sport: i hate ALL sports
Fave store: i don't really shop, so i don't know
Fave music: ac/dc ,beatles, ect

What you can't stand: Preppy people
What you plain dislike: Preppy people
Who you admire: tolkien
What you most love to do: internet
Your self-confessed flaws: i am a freak, i talk too much, i get in trouble constantly, a am addicted to caffine. Coffee is precious
What intrigues/fascinates you: Normal people
What scares you: Me, and the USA
Quotation to live by:
i don't live by quotes
Additional comments:
i am very odd, i live in the UK and i like to scare people, i do not need a straight jacket, ever, i write evil poems, Evil is good, AND STYROFOAM CUPS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:47 AM   #434
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
i like to scare people, i do not need a straight jacket, ever, i write evil poems, Evil is good, AND STYROFOAM CUPS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!
You sound like my best friend, she is a goth as well though, which makes us complete opposites. We do think we are lost members of the russian mafia though. Ok we have watched Ronin too many times...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:57 AM   #435
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Damn American's being able to drive at like 13 or something like that! We have to be 17 here and I am way to poor to start yet, and I'm nearly 19. Oh well, you can't drink till your 21 and we start when we're like... 9. Ha ha ha.

Quote:
(I find flying heads funny)
Hey Brinn, click on my sig and check out the decapitated head in my novel in working.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #436
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
Damn American's being able to drive at like 13 or something like that! We have to be 17 here
Well, the driving age isn't that much younger in the US. Most states say you must be 16 to drive, though I think some states also say 17. I just happen to live in a farming state where students can take driver's training at 14 1/2 and get our liscenses by the time we reach 15. I'm getting my permit next week.

Quote:
Hey Brinn, click on my sig and check out the decapitated head in my novel in working.
Hehe, reading book gore is much better than watching it on TV. I like it, Matt (I even wrote a review).

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #437
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

I hope I didn't post here before. Hehe.

Name (that you go by): Cat.
Future Aspirations: Marry the man I love (already have the wedding set ^_^), graduate from college.
Goal in life: Dunno. Too early. Make a difference, I suppose.
Short term goals: Get married. Heh. Survive this shiznit I'm in now.
Passion: Music.
Hobbies: Being online, playing guitar, writing, reading. Walking, when it's not too hot.
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Compared to 'most everyone else where I live, I'm incredibly smart. To me, I think I'm an idiot. And...I'm online nearly all the time. People'll sometimes ask me about computer nonsense.

Fave book: Dune series, absolutely. Then LotR.
Fave movie: FotR, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Godfather, Royal Tennenbaums (sp), original Star Wars trilogy, the Star Trek movies, and many more I don't remember.
Fave sport: Steelers football.
Fave store: Dun have one. I just go wherever.
Fave music: Rock, metal, etc. I'm not good with the genres. Heh.

What you can't stand: Country music. Idiots. Milk (lactose intolerant).
What you plain dislike: Most rap music. Cauliflower.
Who you admire: My Love. Anyone who survives high school and is able to complete their dreams.
What you most love to do: *sighs* I'd go to Georgia and get married (as I could there), I'd play guitar three-fourths o'the day, and then I'd be a rock star. But that will never, ever, ever, happen.
Your self-confessed flaws: I have no motivation. None at all. I also have absolutely no patience. I have an extremely low tolerance to pain. I'm overly sensitive.
What intrigues/fascinates you: Nature. Space. Science. Love.
What scares you: Myself. My mother. I've a fear of failure, of rejection.
Quotation to live by: I have 70 pages of quotes in Word. *digs one up*
"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties."
-Francis Bacon, Advancement of Learning

Additional comments: Though this covered all the bases, I've done better quizzes before. ~_^
Old 06-20-2003, 04:01 PM   #438
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Now this is just depressing.

Its been nearly 8 months.

And I have changed very very little.

Hmm...

Well, here ya have it anyway...

Name (that you go by): Mym, or Amanaduial (cyberspace, sweetlings, cyberspace)

Future Aspirations: Hell, still hang gliding. To publish fantasy and for it not to be put down as just another stereotypical fantasy novel. For several people to take me seriously, even though I'm physically younger than them. To sort out what I believe.

Short term goals: To make the end of Escape work well (yeah, really short term- tonight). To get bleeding AOL to work!!!!! To find the first post I made on the downs and make sure Pio and Mithadan never, never see it.

Passion: Music. RPGing. Theology.

Hobbies: Barrowdowns, Bree, Imladris...oh, you mean real life? Um...remind me, whats that again? No, seriously, fencing, singing, RPGing, writing, forums, the cello and piano.

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Not doing so.

Fave book: The Silmarillion (mainly, in hindsight). Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. The Discworld Series by Terry Pratchet, mainly Mort and Soul Music. His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. Hell, stop me, I will go on forever, and have no time now...

Fave movie: I don't really have one, but a few that feature highly are Life is Beautiful, The Life of Brian, FotR, TTT, The Faculty, Armageddon.

Fave sport: Watching people.

Fave store: The really big Waterstones in the middle of Manchester with the starbucks and a great fantasy section.

Fave music: Rock, soft rock, indie, and a few miscellaneous, like Torronim Emiliana, Clannad, Madness, and The Who's Tommy

What you can't stand: Right now, exams. Arrogance. Forum members who look down on me and what I have achieved because I am younger. George Bush.

What you plain dislike: Those who put down others beliefs because they arent the same as their own.

Who you admire: Those who stand up for themselves, their beliefs and their passions, without doing it simply so some kid will put it down in the future. Expression, of many sorts.

What you most love to do: Write. Chat in fast flowing PMs or emails to some people. Debate theology.

Your self-confessed flaws: A tendency to go on a wee bit. Cynicism.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Theology and philosophy. Fantasy. People.

What scares you: The possibility that, one hundred years from now, nothing I have done will ever be remembered. The fact that no one will know my name.

Quotation to live by: The poem Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, as before. Man, I have so many others...lets go for...'It is the fate of all banisters worth sliding down to have something nasty waiting at the end'.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:14 PM   #439
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

You can drive by the time you're 15, Brinniel! Man, and the most I can do by that time is have my pilot's licence...
Old 06-20-2003, 07:25 PM   #440
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Quote:
You can drive by the time you're 15, Brinniel! Man, and the most I can do by that time is have my pilot's licence...
Pilot's license? How cool! I'd love to be able to fly legally... but driving is scary a lot of the time, trust me. There are a lot of mistakes to make. Especially when you have to do the Connector (55-mph strip between downtown and the freeway) in rush-hour traffic. My limbs hurt from the tension... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote