The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien Tunes

Has there ever been a time when you played/listened to music, and it reminded you about something from Tolkien's legendarium?

This happens to me frequently. This is a piece I played last year (no, it's not me in the video), and it reminds me a lot of the Lay of Leithian, especially this part:

Quote:
Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us from the darkness of those days are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy and under the shadow of death light that endures. ~Of Beren and Luthien, The Sil
I'm excited to hear the music you associate with ME!

Apologies if such a thread already exists. I didn't find any such.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11078

There was this thread way back but it is specifically classical music. I am not suprised you didn't find it - I only retrieved it because I remembered discussing the Pachelbel "Canon" with Encaitare. I don't know if I can improve on my old selections though I am amused to see what then linked to YoYo Ma playing Vivaldi now gets country music!

I do occasionally wonder if I could find a way of slipping Tolkien into "The Warwickshire Lad" as one of the literary greats of that county.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks, Mith! That thread has some great examples (although I couldn't open the majority of the links ). Pachelbel's Canon reminds me of ME history in general, on a broad scale, as Elves would see it. I guess I can simplify that by associating it with Elrond. Something ancient, wise, sad but calm and hopeful, etc.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien Thingol and Melian

When I hear this song, I think of Thingol and Melian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VAtRF4US8k

Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Narnangol
Animated Skeleton

Narnangol has just left Hobbiton.
I heard this on the radio today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiTrGCAbt8 Not the best of songs, I know, but hey-ho It reminded me of the darkening of Numenor a bit, culminating in the Downfall - especially with the eagle cries at the beginning of the track. I remember it was said of all animals only the Eagles of Manwe approached the Meneltarma.

Also, this for Aragorn and Arwen (at least the first verse): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnn9JlqqTE4

Faramir Jones, I find that not to be a very Middle Earthy song, but I - I just know what you mean, and now I can't help imagining Thingol with that mic...
Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Thanks!

Narnangol, I hear what you mean about the first song. The second one, Adele's cover version of a Bob Dylan composition, was certainly nice. It got me thinking of this song, Freddie Jackson's You Are My Lady, as one with sentiments Aragorn, Faramir and Sam would appreciate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqDkK1K5k4Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnangol View Post
Faramir Jones, I find that not to be a very Middle Earthy song, but I - I just know what you mean, and now I can't help imagining Thingol with that mic...
I'm glad that you found my mention of the Tavares song to be...interesting. It and the Freddie Jackson song I mentioned are probably evidence of what a sad and obsessed Tolkien fan I've become.

There is, however, a serious question to be asked: Exactly what did attract Melian to that much younger (by her standards) Elf?
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Narnagol, your first song is very "Numenorian", if not with the sound-effects of the Eagles and the rushing wind, then the lyrics themselves. "Children of a lesser God", "between heaven and hell", "The Age of Men is over" - all that makes me think of Numenor. But the last one - a bit of Gothmog in the movie.

I must say, Faramir , that your first song is a bit unusual for a First-age ME association. But it is defiitely interesting. I get the Aragorn-Faramir-Sam sentiments for the other song, though.

Quote:
Exactly what did attract Melian to that much younger (by her standards) Elf?
How about, exactly what did attract Arwen to that much younger (by her standarts) Man? Or Luthien? Or Idril? War heroes and such are of course very romantic, but these three ladies were supposed to obe somewhat wise.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Narnangol
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by How about, exactly what did attract Arwen to that much younger (by her standarts) Man? Or Luthien? Or Idril? War heroes and such are of course very romantic, but these three ladies were supposed to obe [I
somewhat[/I] wise.
I don't know, but I always felt that Men were somehow more alive than the Eldar, and often liked them better in that way (except with Noldor, they are fiery.) Perhaps it's that they burn out faster and are brighter for it. That particular intensity could certainly be found attractive. Moth to a flame. Maybe the ladies simply tired of being wise.

I think with Luthien and Beren it was a bit of spontaneity, though. I'm not quite sure about those two. The later pairings seem to have been better-matched, the Man having been acclimatised to an Elven society.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

There's also Findilas giving up her elven admirer(s) for Turin...

Anyways, for something on-topic, this sounds like Grey Havens...

And this fits Turin's family. And it fits Gwindor even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niniel Nienor, COH, The Death of Glaurung
"Wait?" she cried. "Wait? That was ever your counsel. Would I that I have heeded! But now it is too late."
Just to give one quote.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
Narnangol
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
I'm glad that you found my mention of the Tavares song to be...interesting. It and the Freddie Jackson song I mentioned are probably evidence of what a sad and obsessed Tolkien fan I've become.
Ha ha, don't worry. I see some Tolkien in nigh every song that I listen to and like, even (especially) in single lines. Or perhaps I just like music in which something to do with Tolkien can be seen.

Galadriel55, I like those two songs, and I agree wholeheartedly on 'Yesterday' for Gwindor. It's one of my favourite songs and suits him very well lyrically.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This Russian song reminds me of the gathering of all the hosts before the Nirnaeth, and the Nirnaeth itself. The music of this version fits particularly well, but the words also kind of fit. The song is about men leaving to join the army, and saying goodbye to the girls. But, contrary to the Nirnaeth, it ends with encouraging words, suggesting that the battle has been won: "Maidens, look! Wipe away your tears! Let the song grow louder, our song"... well, not exactly, but I'm not good at translating.

Also, this song, that I think deserves a full (if poor) translation, sounds like Haudh-en-Ndengin. It goes somewhat like:

Grasses swaying above the earth,
Clouds [those white puffy ones, not rainclouds] floating like graceful birds;
See that one, on the right?
This is me, this is me, this is me.
And I do not need glory/fame.

We need nothing,
Me and those floating beside.
We would that we lived - that is all the reward,
We would live, we would live, we would live...
But we are floating on the skies...

The [chimeny] smoke above my home's roof
Is getting yet whiter and higher.
"Mother! Mother!" And you will hear
My voice, my voice, my voice;
It is still farther and fainter...

Away from tears, and away from smiles,
The clouds are floating above the world,
Their host is not diminished!
Clouds, clouds, clouds,
And there is no end to them.

This pain does not quiet down,
Where are you, life-water?
O why does war happen?
O why, o why, o why,
O why are we dying?

I'm sorry for taking up so much space and time, and for posting non-English songs in the first place, but these two were nagging at me for a while now.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
There's another Beatles song I think is perfect for Aldarion. I can picture him on the prow of his ship singing to Erendis.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The anthem of the Númenóreans.

Maybe I just wanna fly / Wanna live, don't wanna die
Maybe I just wanna breathe / Maybe I just don't believe
I think you're the same as me / We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

These are great, Inzil! I'm sure Pharazon would have approved.

And I can totally see Aldarion thinking along the lines of those lyrics... It's funny how much I learned here on the Downs: I haven't read UT yet, but I already know half the stories....
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I've always considered Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull prime candidates for scoring a Tolkien film project. "Dun Ringill", a very eerie and netherworldy tune, would be appropriate for a Numenorean or Elven mariner's theme, as a storm tossed ship traverses the troubled Belegaer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqVl_ZLbL5I

The weather's on the change...
Lines join in faint discord
And the stormwatch brews
A concert of kings as the white sea snaps
At the heels of a soft prayer, whispered

Clear light on a slick palm
As I misdeal the day
Slip the night from a shaved pack
Make a marked card play
Call twilight hours down
From a heaven home
High above the highest bidder
For the good Lord's throne

In the wee hours I'll meet you
Down by Dun Ringill ---
Oh, and we'll watch the old gods play
By Dun Ringill

We'll wait in stone circles
`Til the force comes through ---
Lines joint in faint discord
And the stormwatch brews
A concert of kings
As the white sea snaps
At the heels of a soft prayer, whispered

In the wee hours I'll meet you
Down by Dun Ringill ---
Oh, and I'll take you quickly
By Dun Ringill

Last edited by Morthoron; 08-25-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #16
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Has there ever been a time when you played/listened to music, and it reminded you about something from Tolkien's legendarium?

I'm excited to hear the music you associate with ME!

Apologies if such a thread already exists. I didn't find any such.
Finally! I can't understand why I did not look at this thread earlier.

Howard Shore's compositions have always, in my opinion, been perfect for ME. I am sure Tolkien would have been proud of the music that came along with the movies, if not of the movies themselves.

But outside of PJ's movies, I would say that the song 'Sleeping Sun' by Nightwish always makes me think of a) the kinslaying at Alqualondë, b) the burning of the ships at Losgar and c) Doriath.

The song 'Mononoke Hime', sung by Yoshikazu Mera, has always made me think of the times of peace in Aman, when Fëanor was not outright insane and only had four sons. This is probably because I only heard about Mera while reading 'The Follower' by Ivanneth, but still, it gives me a nice tingly feeling.

And I know this sounds very, very silly, but I've always imagined Beethoven's fifth symphony as something that could have been written by Maglor God, here comes the crowd with axes and machine-guns...

Edit: Sorry, I should have posted some links:

Mononoke Hime : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XAyN...6&feature=plpp

Sleeping Sun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoDzlUPjhdI

Shame on you if you haven't heard Beethoven

Oh, and one last song (which happens to be my favourite of all time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnkVCwePDhg Ignore the video. Here's another one with lyrics (I like the first one's music better): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjHd1R5JXo

It ALWAYS reminds me of the splendour of Númenor Makes me cry.

Last edited by Galadriel; 08-30-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

These are great! Thanks Galadriel! (I don't know either why you took so long to look at this thread. >.< )

I like the first one - Sleeping Sun - best. They were all great, but this one is just so... right on.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
These are great! Thanks Galadriel! (I don't know either why you took so long to look at this thread. >.<
Thanks! And you're welcome Actually, I thought you might have been asking about the Tolkien Ensemble or some other group/community I know little about. Have you heard the operatic version of Ai Laurie Lantar by the Ensemble, though? I think it's great And yes, Sleeping Sun is very poignant.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
Have you heard the operatic version of Ai Laurie Lantar by the Ensemble, though? I think it's great
Just found it on Youtube. Like you said, it's great. I like it much better than the songs in the movies. The music there is amazing, but the songs... neh.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #20
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Just found it on Youtube. Like you said, it's great. I like it much better than the songs in the movies. The music there is amazing, but the songs... neh.
I particularly disliked the way they jumbled up all the words in the poems >.< Honestly, would it have been so hard to stick to the original lyrics?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yet another Beatles' song Hello Goodbye for Tilion and Arien. Makes me think of how Tilion always chases after Arien, and how they are opposites but really do the same task...
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I found a thread with the same idea... If the mods feel like merging them, so be it.

But it has some interesting stuff in it, in any case.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just found this song today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KtVqvso4M

Totally reminded me of the Silmarillion It's called 'The Escapist' by Nightwish.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #24
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I just found this song today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62KtVqvso4M

Totally reminded me of the Silmarillion It's called 'The Escapist' by Nightwish.
Indeed The Sil! Nightwish seems quite a Tolkien group.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #25
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Indeed The Sil! Nightwish seems quite a Tolkien group.
Them, and Enya. Some of their lyrics really fit - not to mention the atmosphere they create Do you know of any other bands/singers who have a Tolkien-ish strain to them?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Them, and Enya. Some of their lyrics really fit - not to mention the atmosphere they create Do you know of any other bands/singers who have a Tolkien-ish strain to them?
Hmm, no, not really. Only specific songs stand out.

I have a long list of Russian songs to add, but I doubt that many people would be interested, so I'll limit myself to just this one, from a movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNViGbNI14

It has repeating lines: I will never forget you, I will never see you again. Reminds me of many partings in the legendarium, but mostly Frodo departing ME forever...
Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #27
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

The famous hebrew song Jerusalem of Gold reminds me of the Dwarves of Moria, after they left it. See here for the translation (though the song that I linked is a slightly different version...)
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This one is so obvious I'm surprised I haven't thought of this before. Even the name of the piece fits!

"In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Grieg, aka Bilbo inside Erebor. Can you hear his careful footsteps, his heart racing, and in the end his flight back to the Dwarves?

I know that both Tolkien and Grieg were inspired by Scandinavic mythologies, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. I've never studied those mythologies. Maybe someone more learned than myself can make some connection that would link Grieg's and Tolkien's "halls of the mountain king"?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
The anthem of the Númenóreans.

Maybe I just wanna fly / Wanna live, don't wanna die
Maybe I just wanna breathe / Maybe I just don't believe
I think you're the same as me / We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever.
Late to the game on this, but in line with that...

Tom Bombadil's ode to all those trying to classify him, with his typical bit of rhymey nonsense.

Quote:
I'm free to be whatever I
Whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want

I'm free to say whatever I
Whatever I like
If it's wrong or right it's alright

Always seems to me
You always see what people want you to see
How long's it gonna be
Before we get on the bus
And cause no fuss
Get a grip on yourself
It don't cost much

Free to be whatever you
Whatever you say
If it comes my way it's alright

You're free to be wherever you
Wherever you please
You can shoot the breeze if you want
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Tom Bombadil's ode to all those trying to classify him, with his typical bit of rhymey nonsense.
And yet more from one of the greatest bands of all time. This one's for Aragorn.

Underneath a sky of red, there's a storyteller sleeping alone.
He has no face and he has no name and his whereabouts are sort of unknown.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
Boo Radley
Wight

Boo Radley has just left Hobbiton.
Not necessarily tunes that I might find "Tolkienesque", but (and I feel a roight gormless berk in saying this) I've only just heard about The Tolkien Ensemble.
Why was I never informed about this group? Did I miss a memo, perhaps?
Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #32
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Why was I never informed about this group? Did I miss a memo, perhaps?
I only found it through Youtube
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #33
Boo Radley
Wight

Which is how I found them. I was looking for the Donald Swan recording and they popped up and I was quite surprised.
And they've been around awhile, too.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #34
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
We've discussed the Tolkien Ensemble's music in the past, though perhaps not so recently that you'd have noticed. A search should bring up the pertinent threads.

I suppose the chance of hearing (about) them depends on your location - in Europe, especially here in Germany, they are well known through their popular concert tours. They've played together with orchestras which perform the movie sound track live, at times also with Sir Christopher Lee as narrator. I was privileged to hear their concert in Copenhagen a couple of years ago, and it was wonderful! Christopher Lee's voice is marvelous.

The German Tolkien Society (of which I'm an active member) has close connections to the Ensemble - the founding members, Peter Hall and Caspar Reiff, were our guests of honour and played and sang for us at the annual weekend get-together in 2010. And one of our members who specializes in costuming sewed Hobbit and Elvish dresses for the ladies.

One more bit of interesting information - the Ensemble has good connections to the Danish royal family. Queen Margrethe permitted the use of her well-known LotR illustrations on the cover of the 4-album box which has all of the songs and poems in the book.
Quote:
Crown Princess Margrethe (now Queen Margrethe II) of Denmark, an accomplished and critically acclaimed painter, was inspired to illustrations to The Lord of the Rings in the early 1970s. She sent them to Tolkien, who was struck by the similarity to the style of his own drawings. In 1977, Queen Margrethe's drawings were published in the Danish translation of the book...
(Wikipedia)

/end excursion to Denmark
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #35
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
There's another Beatles song I think is perfect for Aldarion. I can picture him on the prow of his ship singing to Erendis.
Somehow I feel that Aldarion, if he was honest, would rather hum along to this tune from the same album.

if I needed someone to love
you're the one that I'd be thinking of
if I needed someone

if I had some more time to spend
then I guess I'd be with you my friend
if I needed someone
Old 01-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
Boo Radley
Wight

Estelyn, we're a wee bit backwards here, in this part of the midwest.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #37
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I've finally got round to listening to the Tolkien Ensemble, and I have to see that they're really good.

Of course, since I saw the films first, I can't shake that music off (but since it's as good as it is, that's not really a bad thing), but I still really like it. I also find the diference in their treatment of "Upon the hearth" quite interesting...
Old 01-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #38
Boo Radley
Wight

The first music I heard that was related to LOTR was the Donald Swann compositions, back in the 70's. So I had a tough time wrapping my head around the music in the films.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #39
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdxQVDlcro

The theme song from a movie. Reminds me of Earendil. Don's ask why; it's just the kind of "feel" it has - soaring, heroic, all that. And if not Earendil, I still think it is Tolkienesque sounding music that's worthy of mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUADDz3JLU

This lovely piece (Fantasia on Dargason by Gustav Holst) also deserves mention here in my eyes. From a purely technical perspective I find it awesome that it overlaps the 3/4 time Greensleeves melody with the main 4/4 (2/2? 2/4? not sure) theme. From a more general view, it sounds nice. From a Tolkien perspective, it reminds me of Rosie Cotton.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 02-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #40
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sryOCnuj7c

The Winner Takes It All, ABBA. Fits well with Erendis, don't you think? She could be addressing Aldarion, or Uinen. Or both.