The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #41
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...I've been debating whether or not to join, but with so many great players, I don't think I can resist. So long as sign-ups are still open, I'm in. I will note that with the deadline, my participation may be a bit limited.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I love the description of the roles in the rules that just got edited in, Thintrollmien. Methinks this will be a very fun game! Especially since there'll be at least 18 players in it.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #43
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots

Welcome Brinniel! And also welcome to Ozban, who signed up in RL just a sec ago. Also, welcome to the game, cobbler, whoever that will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
I love the description of the roles in the rules that just got edited in, Thintrollmien. Methinks this will be a very fun game! Especially since there'll be at least 18 players in it.
Thanks! It was Legate who actually wrote the rule post though, so you should thank him.

Yay! This will be an awesome game, if I may say so.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #44
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So, all the roles have been sent out. If you didn't get any, send us a private message and we'll settle that
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #45
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, and just a reminder, remember to turn yourselves invisible since the game has now started. (User CP > Edit Options > Use Invisible Mode > Save Changes.)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #46
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
White-Hand

Just a heads up for other players, since I will be at school and work during the final 8 hours of the playing time, I will have to put my vote in early. If I don't I won't get a chance to get online and read everyone's posts and be able to vote. Lesser of two evils I figure. I will read all of the posts about 5 hours after the deadline to keep myself updated.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #47
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand Reminder/notice

Bane Mantra, Boro, Greenie and Shasta -

please make sure you vote toDay, or you will be modfired.

*evil laugh* (not really)

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-25-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added Greenie *rolleyes at self*
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #48
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White-Hand Official statement from the admins

Bane, as you might have figured out, has been modfired for no participation in the last few Days, and no vote since Day 1.

Shasta, who hasn't been around for two Days, is given a pass for one more Day, because his absence is due to connection issues. We hope it gets resolved and that he can join us.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

White-Hand Reminder/ notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Shasta, who hasn't been around for two Days, is given a pass for one more Day, because his absence is due to connection issues. We hope it gets resolved and that he can join us.
Confirming once more that this is valid. If Shasta doesn't vote toDay, he is a dead troll, no buts.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots

Narration's up! Most of the writing credit goes to Legate though.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #51
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Greenie is having problems with her internet connection and is not going to reappear or vote toDay.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
About toDay

I'm sorry again for not being able to be here properly. I was busy last night, and then today the roads were terrible and I had unexpected personal matters to attend to, which left absolutely no time for Werewolf.

Assuming I'm around toMorrow, I promise I will catch up on the thread (likely in the morning, as the rest of today will be busy as well, ugh) and do something constructive. Thanks again for understanding, everybody.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #53
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sorry for disappearing– I just wasn't able to get back online at all.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #54
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry about not voting yesterDay in the game. As I mentioned in the thread, hot weather prevented me from using my computer for most of the Day, and during the time I went online towards the end of the Day, my computer was still slow from the heat and my browser was freezing up a lot and making it hard to use the forum.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #55
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I am having trouble with the thread - only the game thread nothing else on the 'Downs. I just posted but can't see if it's come up?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #56
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I am having trouble with the thread - only the game thread nothing else on the 'Downs. I just posted but can't see if it's come up?
One post at least appeared there (starting "Nog!"). No idea what trouble there might be on your end...
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #57
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh good ok then. Will have to hope it's sorted itself out this evening!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #58
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots

Narration's up now. I was seeing friends last night quite late and I've had busy day today since morning, so my apologies, hope you find it enjoyable anyway.