The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Leaf Tol-in-Gaurhoth CXV: On the Borders of Mirkwood - Dead Thread

This is the Dead Thread Thread.

PEOPLE STILL "ALIVE" IN THE "TOL IN GAURHOTH: ON THE BORDERS OF MIRKWOOD" Game Thread, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING ANY FURTHER!

THIS IS OUT OF BOUNDS FOR YOU.

-~*-~*-

*This Thread will be closed until the the fortunate dead begin to populate it.*
Old 06-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The Dead

Boro (Mod)
Huinesoron (Villager)

----
It is Night 2

Welcome Huey! You are free to post and talk to yourself (although try to refrain from spamming. The moderators frown on getting this thread "too chatty"

I'm just pumped that I will finally experience a dead thread from the start until the end. And NOT have to read the entire thread afterwards.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Welp.

"Live fast, die young, leave an introspective corpse." - Finrod, probably

I shall muse to myself tomorrow, and see who joins me toMorrow.

"Don't get mad - get even." - I wanna say Tuor?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:52 AM   #4
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"There is no emotion - there is peace.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.
There is no passion - there is serenity.
There is no death - there is the Dead Thread." - Let's say Finwe

Huinesoron's analysis of Day 1, Part 1: Me.

Good news! Multiple people noted that my play style was different to last game, which was a firm goal of mine.

Less good news: I'm not sure the difference they noticed was the one I was aiming for. I was angling for 'shorter and more committed posts', but seem to have wound up with 'more pokey'.

Bad news: it got me killed.

Okay, so why am I dead? According to my voters:

-Shasta: thought I was the Nightmare Wolf because I was pushing people, liked my explanation for what I was up to, but voted me anyway.

-Rikae: skeptical about my pushing, and thought my paranoia looked guilty. That's fair.

-Nog: misreading my 'initial suspicion' of Formendacil, and not liking me saying what I was doing w/r/t pushing.

-Kath: 'to see what happens', plus presumably the earlier claim I was ''pushing' everyone but not particularly saying a lot himself.'

I'm seeing two factors at play, both in the votes and in people's other comments on me:

-Actively pushing people to try and get reads on them draws attention. Not much I can do about that - I get my best reads off people by interacting with them, and I refuse to sit quietly and not play the game.

-I'm saying too much of what I'm thinking. This covers both the paranoia theory and Nog's whole thing. I mean... I kind of see the point, but not sharing my thoughts means the rest of the village aren't getting all the information. I want to make sure that they understand what I'm trying to say and do, rather than just leaving them a bunch of 'hS is being weird'.

I dunno. I'd really like to think the clear misreading by various people (Kath, Nog) is wolfish scheming, because... well, I'm a writer, words are my tool, and the idea that I'm just bad at communicating makes me kind of sad. But... ah, well.

Next post: the votes.

hS
Old 06-06-2020, 05:35 AM   #5
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

"Tol-in-Gaurhoth was a democracy - one man, one vote. The Moderator was the Man, and he had the Vote." - Orodreth, I suppose.

Huinesoron's Analysis of Day 1, Part 2: The Vote

Unlike most votes in the last game, this wasn't a two-horse race, and that means there's a lot of potential information there - hooray! Let's get to it. From Boro's DL-minus-5 tally:

Nilp > Nilp
Sally > No Vote
Shasta > Huey
Huey > Form
BG > Form (2)
Greenie > Pitch
Rikae > Huey (2)
Lommy > Nilp (2)
Nog > Huey (3)
Lottie > Legate
Kath > Huey (4)
Brinn > BG
Legate > Form (3)
Form > Nilp (3)
Pitch > Kath
Mac > Pitch (2)
  • Nilp - classic self-vote. No information there, he has to.
  • Sally - ill. No information.
  • Shasta - not an unreasonable vote.
  • Huinesoron - I was right in every particular, obviously.
  • Blind Guardian - feels like a new player latching onto whatever they can, and trying to pick a safe vote, but is that a wolfy new player or an innocent one? Their reply to Kath (#82), adding suspicion of Sally 'because she's sick' looks wolfy, and the fact that they agreed with Kath's +- of me but then followed my vote isn't really consistent.
  • Greenie - Continued her previous suspicion, adding a new name to a 2/1/1 field. She could be protecting Form, I suppose, but this looks fine.
  • Rikae - As I said last time, a fair vote.
  • Lommy - Voted Nilp, taking us to 2/2/2/1 - a level field. If she's a wolf, that might suggest neither Form nor Nilp are, since a level field of villagers is a wolf's playground. But... honestly, she says Nilp looks Cobblerish, and he does.
  • Nog - I don't like this (and not just because he voted me!). Unlike me, he made no indication that he was pressed for time, so he could absolutely have gone back to check whether I ever suspected Form. Instead, he just based his comments, and his vote, on my own final post. He also 'misread' the rules earlier, despite them being identical to the rules of his own game when it comes to dead wolves. I just feel like he's doing all this on purpose, and hiding behind 'it was an honest mistake'.
  • Lottie - Legate for his roundup post looking too waffly. I... did she suspect anyone at any point? I was actually feeling worried about her for her several defences of me; a good strategy if WolfLottie could tell I was heading for a fall.
  • Kath - Took me to 4, way out ahead of the rest of the field, essentially for information. Running the maths, three of the five players who hadn't voted yet would need to act in concert to save me, so this is dodgy as all get out. We only have four wolves - was she expecting all three to not have voted and to pile on to preserve my hide? I also don't think she ever addressed her clearly-false claim that I hadn't said anything, and I'm not the only one who flagged that.
  • Brinn - Added a new candidate to a field of four, with four other players to vote. They would all have to go for BG for them to be killed, and this wasn't a cross-posted vote either.
  • Legate - Voted Form as potential Cobbler. If he didn't think I was guilty, this or Nilp was the best choice.
  • Form - Crossed with Legate, which means this vote has exactly the same vote as Legate's, except with even less choice to make.
  • Pitch - Voted Kath at the last minute. Even if we assume he crossed with the last three votes, this was a throwaway vote. He offers no explanation, and his only comments on her have mostly been tied up in my paranoia. Dodgy.
  • Mac - Voted Pitch at the last minute. Before or after seeing his vote? Either way, this was a throwaway. That said, he had raised the possibility in his second post, six minutes earlier. So... it was a prepared throwaway.

Based on that, here's my list of 'suspicious or not':

hS thinks evil:
-Nog
-Lottie?
-Kath
-Brinn
-Pitch

hS is neutral:
-Nilp (but might be a cobbler - those boots!)
-Sally
-Form
-Mac

hS thinks innocent:
-Shasta
-Greenie
-Rikae
-Lommy
-Legate

This was my problem yesterDay: my biggest 'evil' reads were on people who suspected me. But with more time to look back, I still think they're dodgy.

I would guess one of the final group will join me here toMorrow, and would consider any of them as a possible Medium. If one of the 'evil' group winds up night-killed, I'll need to do a total reevaluataion. (I can't imagine a Neutral will - Nilp is on his first game back, Sally is ill, Form was the person a lynched innocent voted for, and Mac's lack of posting makes him look generally suspicious.)

hS
Old 06-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

"A picture lynches a thousand words." - Sounds like Ar-Pharazon the Cobbler

I drew this the other day as part of a birthday present for my mother. Consider it my gift to mislynched Ordos and undercover wolves alike.

Whoever joins me here: welcome! I will laugh so hard if you're the Cobbler.

hS
Old 06-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #7
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Shasta very much. Sally maybe. Brinn I find unlikely. I think you're too quick to discard Pitch as a cobbler.
I'm reading this as "hey pack, let's all vote Shasta."
Old 06-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #8
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I wasn't criticizing anything, I was giving a warning.
COME ON, SHASTA! (/uppercase)
Old 06-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #9
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Okay, Lommy/Mac for sure. Who's the third, do we think? Kath?
YES!

Also, we know from Greenie that neither Shasta, Nilp, or Rikae is the Ranger. If the innocents had only spotted her post, a Ranger reveal would net us 4 known innocents.

hS