The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #561
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Pitch if you trust me as innocent and i'm correct in my understanding we could tie up the votes and leave it up to the dead.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #562
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobbit: Roast Mutton
"Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrer," said one of the trolls.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #563
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
They’re saying they suspect me but don’t know
Old 04-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #564
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ghost interpretation with Pitchwife, part 2: Alternative version

Dor-lómin = Thinlómien
morsel = still Morsul

The Dead don't know for certain which of them is the wolf, but they fancy it's the latter?

Anyway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I still think Lottie saying "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no" and "Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise" mean that she/ the dead don't have an opinion she's comfortable stating.
This is probably right, and let's not rely too much on the Ghost.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #565
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
"Your information was correct," I said.
--Ghost
Old 04-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #566
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think I'm not following Lottie anymore (sorry Boro!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobbit: Roast Mutton
"Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrer," said one of the trolls.
--Ghost
What is this supposed to mean now?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #567
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

I've been mistrusting Lommy based on misreading something, I don't see how we can go on anything but gut feeling with no help from the dead.

It just depends on whether or not Lommy was framed with the night kill or not and with my missed vote yesterday I think Lommy believed they stood the most to gain by bumping off boro in the night.

Do you mistrust Morsul that much Pitch?

Edit: Morsul had the most to gain by killing me I think.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #568
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I think I'm not following Lottie anymore (sorry Boro!).

What is this supposed to mean now?
It’s a joke about trolling
Old 04-29-2021, 01:56 PM   #569
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Wait my analysis is wrong, Morsul stood the most to gain by killing Boro. If I died in the night pretty sure Boro changes his vote to Morsul.

Yeah i've almost convinced myself enough now.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #570
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman
Lommy, frankly I did not suspect you very much throughout the game aside from how often and how much you post. Morsul was suspected even less throughout and I'm not buying Pitch's interpretation of the ghost.
I just post a lot because I have no life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman
This doesn't prove anything, you voted early for Legate as insurance for today if you wolves couldn't convince the mob to lynch an innocent.
I would argue that I would never have the nerves of steel to drag the game out like that intentionally, but I know that's a very personal argument and you have no reason to trust me on this.

But I would rather ask that how is it not a million times more suspicious that Morsul started yesterDay by trying to orchestrate a bandwagon against someone we now know is innocent?

I think he knew Pitch looked bad based on his interactions with Sally and tried to push the village that way. And I mean look at it, it worked - pretty much everyone suspected Pitch yesterDay and he was almost lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
It’s a joke about trolling
And you say I'm making you sound smarter than you are! But yes, why didn't I get that? *deep sigh* (I thought it was something about sheep = ordos getting lynched yesterDay, toDay and toMorrow, but that didn't make any sense.)
Old 04-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #571
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
It just depends on whether or not Lommy was framed with the night kill or not and with my missed vote yesterday I think Lommy believed they stood the most to gain by bumping off boro in the night.

Do you mistrust Morsul that much Pitch?
Morsul always is a bit of a cowboy - impulsive, straightforward, often a bit crazy. Doesn't overthink things, is rather carefree, it's all just a game. All this makes it easy to see him as innocent, but I think it's just his style regardless of role. What little memory I have of a Morswolf is 10 years old and hazy, so I can't say how much it differs from his normal self, but I'd guess: not very much.

The main point speaking for Lommy in my mind is her vote yesterDay. Legate wasn't suspected heavily by anybody else, it's not like he'd have been toast toDay anyway, there was absolutely no need to bus him like that. So why?

OK, if she's innocent she was very lucky to hit the one wolf with a three-way cointoss, whereas as a wolf she would have known. But that's hardly conclusive.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-29-2021 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removed orphaned quote tag
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:17 PM   #572
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Silmaril

Anyway,

I think I've said several times that I have little to add anymore, and even less that isn't "I would never x or y as a wolf because I'm not that kind of person" which I know isn't helpful, so...

Choose wisely.

And whatever happens, it's been one utumno of a game, and either way it ends now and we can all happily dissect it together soon. I have so many questions to all the special roles and also the moddesses.

Now it's past 11pm and while I'm not going to sleep, I'm gonna log off and watch something on Netflix and leave all this unpleasant deciding to you, Pitch and Soriman. No pressure. I don't envy you! I feel like I've done what I can to assure that we win, and now it's up to you. (And I'm not gonna be too mad if you let Morsul win, let's face it, he's done one hell of a job.)

I will probably still check the thread before going to bed but don't count on me being around before you have to vote.

edit: xed with Pitch, and yeah, nothing to add to that really what I haven't said before. The idea of me bussing Legate doesn't make sense to me either.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #573
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Wait my analysis is wrong, Morsul stood the most to gain by killing Boro. If I died in the night pretty sure Boro changes his vote to Morsul.
Why do you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(And I'm not gonna be too mad if you let Morsul win, let's face it, he's done one hell of a job.)
That much is true whatever he is.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #574
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

While I'm having a monologue...

The reason I felt Morsul was probably innocent at the end of yesterDay was him second-guessing his vote for me, for which I was of course grateful. But a Morsulf would of course have known I'd turn up innocent if lynched and his hasty vote would have been questioned toDay.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #575
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I voted Pitch based on their interaction with Sally and the ghosts’ suspicion. Sorimon an excellent cautionary tale of why to choose your own way.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #576
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
The reason I felt Morsul was probably innocent at the end of yesterDay was him second-guessing his vote for me, for which I was of course grateful. But a Morsulf would of course have known I'd turn up innocent if lynched and his hasty vote would have been questioned toDay.
A Morwolf would’ve pushed a pitch lynch since it would’ve won him the game. Lommy had the benefit of a head start on an innocent to play the card he did .
Old 04-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #577
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If I were the wolf leaving the vote to the dead with a newly arrived seer would be madness.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #578
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
If I were the wolf leaving the vote to the dead with a newly arrived seer would be madness.
But isn't that just what you did by voting first thing in the morning?
Old 04-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #579
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

No sorry scratch that, you're talking about the three-way tie you suggested at the end. Fair point.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #580
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also for Pitch
Old 04-29-2021, 03:14 PM   #581
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just gonna toss it out there, if we tie it goes to the Dead Thread where they have two wolves to deal with we only have one. I mean they have a decent chunk of Ordos and they all know each other’s alignments but I’m not sure if we’re safer with us tying or not(I mean probably not they suspect me we know so the dead would lose us the game.) I guess the question is do you want to choose we win or let the Dead choose we lose.

Or if they’re reading this I assume they are, your suspicions are wrong. But you don’t have a seer dream to prove it so oh well. Also Hi Boro! I had No One to talk to yesterday and was just posting to myself thankfully Mod BG was here for a minute!

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 04-29-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Corrected Oreos to Ordos but maybe they have Oreos.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:16 PM   #582
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

If a Morwolf pushed for Pitch to be lynched then he would lose the game when the ghost proved Pitch innocent.

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-29-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #583
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
If a Morwolf pushed for Pitch to be lynched then he would lose the game when the ghost proved him innocent.
No. Pitch would’ve died then I* would have nightkilled and won.

*In this hypothetical

Legate, Lommy, Pitch, Morsul, Sorimon, Boro

2wolves 4 ordos

Lynch Pitch

2 wolves 3 Ordos

Nightkill

2/2 wolves win.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #584
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Just gonna toss it out there, if we tie it goes to the Dead Thread where they have two wolves to deal with we only have one. I mean they have a decent chunk of Oreos and they all know each other’s alignments but I’m not sure if we’re safer with us tying or not(I mean probably not they suspect me we know so the dead would lose us the game.) I guess the question is do you want to choose we win or let the Dead choose we lose.
Yes, there are wolves on the Dead Thread but they're outnumbered 5:2. There's a small chance of the dead wolves messing with the voting, but I trust the dead ordos (not oreos, which is a sweet, which is not saying the Dead ain't sweet!) + Ranger + Seer have got their act together and will take precautions.
And you were fine with us tying yesterDay when it was my head on the block and not yours.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-29-2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: x-ed with 1Soriiman 1Morsul
Old 04-29-2021, 03:24 PM   #585
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I wonder if Boro was dreamed. Because if he was it would’ve been hilarious if Lommy had killed me and had all known innocents around them. Dammit I can wait to read the dead thread bet they’re having a blast.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:26 PM   #586
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yes, there are wolves on the Dead Thread but they're outnumbered 5:2. There's a small chance of the dead wolves messing with the voting, but I trust the dead ordos (not oreos, which is a sweet, which is not saying the Dead ain't sweet!) + Ranger + Seer have got their act together and will take precautions.
And you were fine with us tying yesterDay when it was my head on the block and not yours.
I was fine with a tie because they had a new seer with one extra dream and factual information to share with them. They didn’t get any new information today. Or at least not anything it seems to break the 50/50 shot.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #587
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
No. Pitch would’ve died then I* would have nightkilled and won.

*In this hypothetical

Legate, Lommy, Pitch, Morsul, Sorimon, Boro

2wolves 4 ordos

Lynch Pitch

2 wolves 3 Ordos

Nightkill

2/2 wolves win.
This is correct and also does away with what I said in #574.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #588
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Oh yeah duh! I'm maybe not thinking too clearly haha it's late.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:32 PM   #589
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok I’m sitting in the parking lot outside of work I should probably not sit here for another hour and a half.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #590
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

This post by Morsul;

Quote:
Sorimon last to vote.
Pitch 2
Legate 2
Lommy 1

Sorimon I hope you’re thinking over your vote. Hell you can vote me if that feels right. Just vote whoever feels best.
My last post before missing the deadline;

Quote:
Boro's defence seems pretty strong, strong enough to avoid my vote although I as he admits himself there are holes.
I'm leaning towards Pitch based on the way sally and pitch worked together to sow confusion at the end of the last day.
It's also tempting to go with Thinlómien vote for Legate but he kinda crushed my accusation so I think i'm going to go with Pitch today.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #591
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok I'm not sleeping so I might just as well pop in and say that my advice is obviously that you both vote Morsul because it eliminates the risk of the wolves taking advantage if the innocents in the dead thread disagree with each other. I mean who knows what's going on in there. That is the safest course of action.

But I know you aren't likely to just take my word for it, so if you are unsure, I think making a tie and letting the dead decide would be a very appropriate ending for this game - and even though Boro probably disagrees, I think it's fine to leave it up to a coin toss in ww if you have weighed the matter over and over and you just don't know.

I mean it's a 50-50 chance. Statistically that's very decent odds.

I'm rooting for you.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #592
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Sorry Morsul last time I had this feeling in my gut I should've stuck with it and voted legate. If i am right; well played, I never suspected a thing.

++Morsul

Edit: X-posted
Old 04-29-2021, 03:43 PM   #593
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Awesome vote! Wrong but you did it! Congratulations on your first game of WW Pitch can still save it but otherwise sorry for the loss on your first go around.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #594
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pitch your only choice is to kill me and lose or tie and let the dead probably kill me and lose. Much easier choice
Old 04-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #595
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Oh yeah duh! I'm maybe not thinking too clearly haha it's late.
Welcome to my world.

Quote:
Ok I’m sitting in the parking lot outside of work I should probably not sit here for another hour and a half.
I feel you.

My reason says Lommy is innocent. My guts say Morsul is. So far my guts have been right when they told me someone was innocent (Greenie, Boro), so dare I trust them again?I

I think I do.

++Lommy

If you're innocent, this was just the last of several blunders from me in this game, and I apologise.
Morsul, if you're the wolf, hats off, that was awesome!

Soriman - don't just follow me or the Dead. Think for yourself, vote accordingly. If you screw up, it's no catastrophe, there's always a next game (I hope).

Á vala Manwë!

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-29-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: x-ed #590 down
Old 04-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #596
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Oh man we still gotta wait for deadline?!
Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #597
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well it’s up to the dead y’all should probably just vote now
Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #598
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

And look, I happened to tie it after all!
Old 04-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #599
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

The Dead Thread is boiling now.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #600
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: The Last Stage
As all things come to an end, even this story, a day came at last when they were in sight of the country where Bilbo had been born and bred, where the shapes of the land and of the trees were as well known to him as his hands and toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Queer Lodgings
I once saw him sitting alone on the top of the Carrock at night watching the the moon sinking towards the Misty Mountains, and I heard him growl in the tongue of bears: "The day will come when they will perish and I shall go back!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Last Debate
It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.
--Ghost