The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
bombur
Wight

bombur has just left Hobbiton.
1420! Situation comedy

One day I went to another town about hundred kilometers to south with a group of my comerades from the same organisation where I am active. There was a large confrence there and there would be hundreds of people from the other precincts as well. In addition to the participation to the confrence I was also supposed to deliver a letter to a friend from another town who would be there.

Soon the confrence was over and we were on our way away from the town. I was sitting in the station restaurant with dozen comerades waiting for the train and suddenly I realise I have forgotten the letter. I seem to be still carrying it. I said "oh hell, guess what I have in my pocket." Quicker then lightning a friend from across the table makes a guess: "a ring!"

We were obviously the only two in the group to have even red the LOTR. It took me some five minutes to get off the hysterical fit of laughter and my poor comerades unable to understand what had been said were propably considering committing me to asylum.

Well... might have been worse is she had just out of the blue replied: "Not fair! It cannot asssk usss what it hass in itsss filthy pockets! It givessss usss three guessssesss then!"

Experiences with LOTR related situation comedy anyone?

JH

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: bombur ]
bombur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 02:42 AM   #2
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Sting

funny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I was in English class, and we were supposed to write a 1st-person perspective about someone from Lord of the Flies (change one word...just one word...pleeeaaaaase, English department?) and an object, and I chose Jack Merridew and his knife. I had him getting all paranoid in it, saying someone was going to steal it (my English teacher treats us like 2nd graders: what kind of assignment is that?), and I was getting all into it. Then, I look at my page and it says:

"They will try to steal it! They will try to take the precious! The thieves! They must not take the precious!"

I started laughing, and everyone looked at me all weird...

Theeen: we went on a trip, and my friend was giving me a piggy-back ride (I'm 5'10" and she's about 5'3", so that's funny in and of itself), and I just started yelling "Noro lim, Asfaloth!" randomly. We were at a recreation of an old farm, so we got some pretty weird looks from other observers.

Theeen: there's when we start running off scenes from Lord of the Rings randomly in public. That gets a few looks...
Old 09-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
1420!

hhhhmmmm Im in the band and Im the shortest one there (only a bit over 4') and we were playing in a compitition. All of a sudden while were playing my dad some of my friends and there dad stood up and yelled "GO HOBBIT GO HOBBIT!!!!!!!" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
that is now my nikname [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #5
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm, I call the little 4 year old kid that I babysit my little hobbit sometimes... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:29 PM   #6
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Me and my mom were joking around while we were shopping. Not making this up.

Me: I'm hungry. We need breakfast. (It was about one at the time)

Mom: We've already had it.

Me (in accent): "Well, we've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?"

Me and mom both dissolved into giggles. Pippin is her favorite character in the movie (still haven't gotten her to read the books yet, but I'm trying). We're always quoting from movies, so this wasn't a rare occasion. The other one we love is Leagally Blonde, but I don't think that's proper for this forum. "Don't es-stomp your little last-season Prada shoes at me, honey!"

-'Vana

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:27 PM   #7
Elven Mistress
Wight

Elven Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My two friends and i are the only ones in any of our classes who like LOTR (we're all shocked). So whenever we see each other and we're around a lot of others we start quoting from the movie. We get lots of weird stares and we're known famously all around as "The Hobbit Children" (This is especially funny because i'm 5 9...)
Old 09-27-2002, 11:10 AM   #8
Alatariel
Wight

Alatariel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Well when I was watching the film for the second time, in the bit where Sam is packing and Frodo says, "You're right Sam, I am ready to go home," the friend I was sitting next to said in a stage whisper, "Well you can't! Not for another thousand pages!"
We were laughing all the way through the Council of Elrond scene, I think the people in front of us were getting rather annoyed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2002, 02:12 PM   #9
Evenstar1
Wight

Evenstar1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When my sister -- who hadn't either seen or read LOTR -- finally saw the FOTR movie-trailer online, she took one look at the One Ring and exclaimed, "Oh! It's a comfort-band!"

(Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what the Dark Lord was thinking when he forged it: "Well, if I'm going to wear this thing for the rest of eternity, I'd better make sure it's evil AND comfortable!")
Old 10-02-2002, 03:48 PM   #10
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Here's mine:

Elenna: Hey, mom, where are the car keys?

Mom: They're on the counter

*Elenna turns around to look and doesn't see them.*

Mom: No, wait, they're here in my pocket...

*Elenna nearly falls over from shock. My mom has never seen LOTR, and hates all fantasy, so she wouldn't have gotten the reference.*
Old 10-02-2002, 07:48 PM   #11
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Man, I quote Gollum all the time about "pocketses". All anyone has to do is mention the word pocket in any situation and I'm like, "Hsssss, what has the nasssty hobbit got in its pocketses?"

And sometimes I just say "Frodo! Look Merry, it's Frodo Baggins!" in a Scottish accent, for no reason at all.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:57 PM   #12
Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Animated Skeleton

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam Send a message via AIM to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Sting

DUDE!

i'm SOOOOO obsessed with the lord of the rings that ANYTHING that triggers my mind ANYWHERE near lotr i start quoting!

i started calling a friend of mine "NASSSSSSTY BAGGINSSSSSSSEEESSSSS" because i let her borrow the movie, and now the name's stuck!
Old 10-05-2002, 08:17 AM   #13
*nevquesseiel*
Pile O'Bones

*nevquesseiel* has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

my big black dog has a habit of jumping on people. he started jumping on our visitors and i got sum real strange looks from them when i yelled BACK U CRAZED HOUND OF SAURON and pulled out the plastic hobbit sword i got in a show bag and waved it at him.... everyone thinks im a nut hey lol [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Visit my Elfwood Art page!!
*nevquesseiel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:38 PM   #14
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Celebmornie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Celebmornie Send a message via MSN to Celebmornie
Silmaril

I was in Engilsh class and we were reading Lord of the rings. We were at the part about the Balrog and the teacher couldnt figure out how to pronounce it. Well my friend and i have this inside joke that the balrog is my pet and i decided to tell her how to pronounce it. When she asked how i knew my friend yelled cause it is my pet and we busted up laughing. The teacher was confused and she asked what was so funny so i as calmly as i could replied that it was my pet. Then corrected myself by saying that it was my precioussssssssssssssss pet Balrog! The whole class was laughing and now that teacher hates me.

Celebmornie
Celebmornie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:01 PM   #15
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Did you point out to your teacher that Balrog is a phonetic word? (Grins with mock innocence) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #16
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam: same with me. I randomly quote completely irrelevant things because something will remind me of Lord of the Rings...out loud...in the middle of class...

Oooo: my teacher saw that I had a "Lord of the Rings" assignment pad, and he started ranting about how "horrible" the movie was. This is the conversation:

Teacher: It was horrible! I didn't understand it!

Me: Did you read the books?

Teacher: Of course not!

Me: Well! Of course you didn't understand "why" if you didn't read the books! I mean, the cut a lot out! I mean about the history of the rings and Middle Earth...

A boy in my class: Yeah, I liked the movie and all, but, what is Middle Earth? Is there a "North Earth" and a "South Earth"?

Me: Nononono! You see: Middle Earth is what they call the land where the Humans and Dwarves and, eventually, Elves live for a while! There is also Aman, where Valinor is...that's where the Vala and most of the Maia live. Elves lived there for a while too, but many left (some stayed), and they didn't return for a long time. Well, it'll be easier to explain if I start from the beginning, you see-

Teacher: Rachel! We need to talk about history!

Me: But this IS history! It's the history of Arda!

He didn't let me go on, and we continued class...
Old 10-06-2002, 06:26 PM   #17
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Eye

Tonight my whole family was at a restaurant and I was calling my youngest niece, who is six, "my Hobbit" and people were looking at me funny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Then the following conversation between she and I ensued:

Me: "I want breakfast."
My Hobbit: "Breakfast??? You already had it!"
Me (in Scottish accent):"Yes but what about second breakfast?"
My Hobbit (laughing): "What about third breakfast?"
Me: "And elevenses! Luncheon! Afternoon tea! Dinner! Supper!"
(My Hobbit writhes laughing as other niece who has seen LOTR laughs and my sis and other people look at me strangely) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 07:50 PM   #18
Samwise_Gamgee
Haunting Spirit

Samwise_Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
I got some:

I was at my sister's house and she and my mom were putting up curtains, and my sister was foolin with that, stick thing and she said, "Where is the Ring" in that tone Aragorn used, and I was walking past at the time and I turned around and said "Stay away!" and ran out of the room. My mom was laughing hard and my sister just had a blank face, confused...

And whenever I see something amazing or cool I always say: There's an eye opener no mistake

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise_Gamgee ]
Old 12-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #19
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

this didnt happen to me but its hilarious all the same
My friend Justine went to the theater and the part where the 4 hobbits are sitting under the tree, when Frodo is about to put on the ring, Justine yelled out "NO! Dont put on the ring!!" and everyone in the theater looked at her! she told me this and i almost wet myself laughin
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:49 PM   #20
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Try the looks you get when you nearly fall off your chair crying hysterically at Haldir's death. Both times too...you would think that I could control myself, but noooooooo.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #21
My Cat Sasha
Animated Skeleton

My Cat Sasha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to My Cat Sasha
Sting

Man, these are funny!

LOTR inside jokes:

~Me: I've seen TTT 3 times!
My Friend: I've seen it twice, but I've seen FOTR 12 times! Ha ha!
Me: I've seen it nine, but you owned the movie, like, 4 months before I did! I just got it for Christmas. (actually, it's my brother's)
---Sounds like Legolas and Gimli at Helms Deep

~Everyone stares at you when you're the only one clapping at the end of the movie.

~Pick up a random piece of junk (paper clip, pencil, microwave, anything.) Turn it over in your hands and glare at it muttering "My precioussssssssss!"

That's it. I'm not as obsessed as some people. I will quote the movie, though. But doesn't everyone?
Old 12-31-2002, 02:34 AM   #22
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

These are funny, I really wish they would change that one word, so that we would read LOTR, instead of "Lord of the Flies" (I am sorry to anyone who enjoys that book, but it just was not my favorite)

At my school, there once was a group of freshman who were strangely talking about there feet, and one kept referring to their feet as "Hobbit" feet, I thought that was funny, and we are always quoting lines.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:52 AM   #23
good idea at the time
Animated Skeleton

good idea at the time has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

This are great you guys!

I went to see TTT in theaters shortly after it came out, and, of course, I was wearing the One Ring on a chain around my neck. Well, wouldn't you it, not only does a guys dressed as a ringwraith sit right behind me, but while passing the ring to a friend of mine who wanted to see it, it tried to abandon me. It slipped between my fingers and rolled under the seats in front of me. I got my precious back though. My friend awakend me from my shocked stupor and told me to fetch it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2002, 11:22 AM   #24
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Well since I'm a big lotr freak there are lot's of things. Bless my clasmates for 5 of them like lotr.

1)Englisch class.
Teacher:THat's bad Englisch, If you say that again ill rip you teeth out.
A classmate:Teeth? But we only hassssssss seven.
me:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
2)looking at a kid dressed like a clown(seriously)
Classmate#":What is that?
Me:Nothing it's just a wisp of clouds.
Classmate#2:It's moving fast and against the wind.
Classmate#1 [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]screams)Crebain from Dunland!
Me:Hide!
*we all hid ourselfs under a bench and the clowny kid had to laugh. ANd we were lauging asswel.*

Thank god it wasn't break time then or we would have looked like idiots [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well that's it for now.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Buy portable vaporizers

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:57 AM   #25
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

my friend and i have taken to calling each other "stupid fat hobbit!" jokingly when we make a mistake, and one day when we were on the phone together, i called her that becuase she left a folder at school. my sister was near me and she said "Why did you call her that? You're so mean!" I just started laughing and she said "I mean it! Why are you laughing?" She hasnt seen the TT so she wouldnt understand. It was quite funny.
p.s. is it nasty fat hobbit or stupid fat hobbit? i keep getting confused between the two!!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:12 PM   #26
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

ha HA! ive another!

My friend was walking me to the end of her road tonight with her dog (her road is just like a road thru the woods, tis really freaky goin down it at night), and when we got to the end i put my hands on her shoulders and i said "Ride hard and dont look back." We grinned and departed. A few seconds later i heard her yell "The Balrog!!" I turned to see her dog pulling her mitten off. We call her dog Balrog when it misbehaves. I cried "Ai! Ai! A Balrog is come!" and started laughing histerically. I wonder how that sounded to people outside at the moment.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:16 PM   #27
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dear Horse-Maiden of the Shire,

Quote:
I wonder how that sounded to people outside at the moment.
Well if it was me who heard it I would rush outside and hug you. Or would I then get a slap in the face?

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Buy portable vaporizer

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #28
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

We were doing spelling words and about half of them reminded me of hobbits.
So my sentences were:
Hobbits are ___
Hobbits eat alot and thererfor are ____
and so on and so forth

When I get the assignment back, my teacher goes "What exactly are hobbits?" So I launch in this huge explanation about LotR and Middle-Earth etc. etc and she looks at me and goes
"I know, I know. But what exactly are hobbits? I mean where did they come from? Are they some mutant dwarfs or Avari or what? Tolien had an explantation for everything, sometimes even more than one, but what wbout the hobbits?"
And I stared at her totally blankly for at least 5 min. and then go "You know LotR? And the Silmarillion and everything?" And she says "Well, yeah, sure" And it turned out she loves Tolkien as much as I do! Which was really cool, because everytime we have to do creative writing or spelling or whatever I can use all this LotR related stuff! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Unfortunatly she´s having a baby next year and will leave .... (not th baby is unfortunatly- I love babies, and she wants to name a daughter Luthien) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 12:26 PM   #29
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dear Manardariel,

Man I wish I had a teacher that liked Lotr as mutch as I do. My dutch teacher know's Tolkien's work and all, but he is not a fan so that's my only grip I have to hold on when it's about teachers.

Consider yourselfs lucky. But about that part of that you now finaly can use Tolkien related stuff. You don't need a interested teacher to do this. I myself use it in every assignment.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Extreme Q

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #30
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Well if it was me who heard it I would rush outside and hug you. Or would I then get a slap in the face?
*sniff sniff* im understood!!! LOL just kidding. i wouldnt slap you id probably just give you a weird look and run away yelling "Crebain from Dunland!!!"
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2003, 07:22 PM   #31
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

At my friend's birthday party, the guys were making fun of us so me and the other girls got them back. (LOTR STYLE OF CORSE!)

They were standing together and I came out and recited Arwen's chant when Frodo and her are at the river with the Raiths. They looked at me strangely (for about 1 second) and then the rest of the girls dumped about twelve buckets of water on them and the force of the water knocked them down.

Hehehehehehehe!!

I'll have more to come!!
Sword Maiden Of The Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #32
gralin musicteeth
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Tossing half-sick between grotesque reality and savage, frightening dreams
gralin musicteeth has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I was in science class writing an exam and all i could hear was my friend Mel whispering as she wrote down the answers:
"...the carbon reservoir from whence it came..."

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: gralin musicteeth ]
Old 01-20-2003, 03:26 PM   #33
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ROFL! I was eating some chips yesterday, and just as I was about to eat one my dad walks into the room and asks "Is is crunchable? Is it tasty?" I was laughing so hard that I almost choked on the chip!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #34
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My friends and I were in the city shopping (we live in Brisbane Australia) and we were walking past Wallace bishop jewellers where they are selling the rings from LOTR so my best friend immediatly yells..

"my preeeesciousss!...Juliet! they stoled our pppreeeciousss!!" she even went into the shop and started to yell at the poor lady... we are pretty crazy like that.. like me... jumping on the back of Robin's motorbike at Warner Brothers Movie World so I could get an autograph from Robin&Batman... we are psycotic.. sad truth is.. we are going into psycology at the end of the year..

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:22 PM   #35
Blue Elf
Wight

Blue Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have many situations like these, but a few of the more interesting ones are when...

During the outtakes for Spy Kids II (my siblings dragged me there...it actually wasn't that bad of a movie) one of the people takes out a necklace, and says "My preciousssss..." and of course, my whole family turns around to see my reaction. which is of course, insane (Go Gollum!!) and I am laughing hysterically, and my mom is ready to call the asylum...

Then, this happened to my friend at Disneyland, the guy in the Tigger costume signed her autograph book something along the lines of "There and Bounce Again, the tale of a Tigger. One bounce to rule them all, one bounce to find them" or something like that. So cool. Before he gave it back to my friend, the other costumed people read it, and apperantly (I was on a ride, so I didn't see this all happening) Winnie the Pooh doubled over in laughter, and he was the only one who got it.

Aside from that, I usually stick with embarrassing my self by saying "preciousss" a lot, or when I get angry at a friend, "Nasssty __(insert name here with a lot of s's)__. Oh, during TTT preview, while everyone was busy shouting for Gandalf, I finally was Gollum's only cheerleader.

My hands hurt from all that typing. Shmiff. (don't ask)
Old 01-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #36
Blue Elf
Wight

Blue Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

...and I forgot to mention my teacherm who also likes LotR calls me Gollum in the middle of class. For anyone who doesn't know me or hasn't read LotR, they just kinda wonder...
Old 01-21-2003, 02:22 AM   #37
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dear horse maiden,

Quote:
*sniff sniff* im understood!!! LOL just kidding. i wouldnt slap you id probably just give you a weird look and run away yelling "Crebain from Dunland!!!"
Well I would spy on a lovely girl like you anytime. And Crebain are hard to get rid of you know. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Seeing you later. ( If you would only know hahahahahaha [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )

Greetings,

Anuion
________
CHEAP EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:00 AM.