The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Admin. Thread TIG Something or Other: Panic at the Prancing Pony

For the most part this will be a standard game:

Roles
Three Wraiths (werewolves): Each night the wraiths seek for innocent victims. They're trying to bring down the number of villagers to equal their own numbers. Each night the wraiths send the name of a person they wish to kill to the mod and by morning the victim is toast.

Barliman Butterbur (Seer): The inn keeper hears and sees more than other players in the game. Each night the seer sends the name of the person he/she wishes to dream of to the mod. That person's role is revealed to the seer and he/she uses that information as he/she sees fit.

Strider (Ranger): Each night the Ranger picks someone to protect and sends that name to the mod. If that person is attacked by wraiths in the night they survive.

Villagers: The village is trying to root out the wraiths.

Two new roles:
Frodo (Ringbearer): The ringbearer is mostly an average villager. If he/she us attacked in the night he/she becomes a wraith as well. However, if the seer dreams of the ringbearer the seer has the choice to share this information (through the moddess) with the ranger if he/she feels the ringbearer may be in danger of becoming a wraith.

Bill Ferny (Informer): The informer is working with the wraiths, though the groups do not know the identity of the other. Each night the informer sends a name to the mod who in turn sends the name to the wraiths. The name is a suggestion for a kill, someone the informer thinks is a gifted or the ringbearer, or just too good a player to keep alive. If the seer dreams of the informer his/her role is revealed as an ordinary villager. The wraiths can chose to listen or ignore the informer's suggestion.

There may be retractable votes (one per day per player).
Votes should appear as such:

++Kitanna

Retracted votes should appear as such:

--Kitanna

In the event of a tie the first one to receive the most votes is lynched.
If a player neglects to vote for two days in a row they will be modfired.

Day and Night will be 24 hour periods staring around Midnight -6 GMT.

This game is now open to sign-ups

Players
satansaloser2005 - Hobbit cute hobo
Feanor of the Peredhil - Big person gardener with a renowned belladonna plot
Lariren Shadow - Big person tavern wench
Mirandir - Big person hog farmer
Shastanis Althreduin - Big person con artist with a hobby of astrology
Thinlómien Mugwort - Hobbit nosy young lass
Legate of Amon Lanc - Hobbit herring dealer
Rikae "Bertha" Broadbottle - Hobbit
Aganzir - Big person tanner
Gollum the Great - Big person traveling weapons designer
Nogrod "Shenanigan" Kneejerk - Hobbit dealer of Old Toby
Beregond - Big person smith
Nerwen - Hobbit local brewery owner
Rune Son of Bjarne - Hobbit brie salesman
Macalaure "Barney" Broadbottle Jr. - Big person Smith who detests all music
Meneltarmacil - Big person crazy drunk ex-ranger
Durelin - Big person dark, mysterious, hooded and cloaked figure
A Little Green - Big person ex-bear-tamer
Brinniel - Hobbit pie maker

Last edited by Kitanna; 01-21-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oooo another game already!

(I'll have to see how my schedule is working out, so I won't sign up for certain yet. Please do put me down with a question mark though!)

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm in.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Oh yes please!

~Lariren
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
After watching Fea and Lari playing the last game there's pretty much no way I could possibly say no.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I forgot to add you're free to pick occupations. Also since Bree was home to big people and hobbits you may choose which race you'd like to be. This is merely for narration purposes.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Ok then, big person(not hobbit) and, I can't resist, tavern wench.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I shall be a Big Person, a gardener with a renowned belladonna plot.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Ok then, big person(not hobbit) and, I can't resist, tavern wench.
A girl after my own heart, tavern wench being my favorite occupation.

And a renowned belladonna plot? Wow!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #10
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'd like to be a big person, but I will leave the occupation part up to you, Kittana. Whatever works best for your purpose.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 AM   #11
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm in. Most of my reason for being so inactive in Mith's game was that the deadline was horrid for me. This deadline is muuuuch better.

I'd like to to be a Big Person, if you please, and a con artist whose hobby is astrology.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I should finally have some time to play ww again, so count me in. This looks very exciting!

I have to see how other people choose their races before I say anything on that... (because it doesn't make much difference to me so I wouldn't mind being a balancing factor... )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I would like to sign up. I have not been playing enough of WW lately, and this looks like a nice game, and a setting (even rule-wise) which I might like. I should even have time for active participating (well, I would not sign up if I did not have time for it...).

Actually, nice setting, Kitanna, the setting is actually perfectly fitting the game itself Really a good idea!

As for being a Man or a Hobbit... I may as well wait for what is needed for the balance, too. Although I may slightly favour the Men, still - I do not care that much. I guess we cannot be Elves who wander around Bree, meeting on secret glades in Chetwood, can't we?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
As for being a Man or a Hobbit... I may as well wait for what is needed for the balance, too. Although I may slightly favour the Men, still - I do not care that much. I guess we cannot be Elves who wander around Bree, meeting on secret glades in Chetwood, can't we?
Ooh, Elves would be interesting yet a little improbable. And it kind of scares me how you state exactly what I feel about whether I should be a human or a hobbit...

And btw Kittie, the number of this game is LVI, unless I'm mistaken.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

It's been far too long! Please sign me up as Mrs. Broadbottle, of course (just call me Bertha). I am a baker, and, although my husband is one of the big people, I'll go all non-canonical (and balance things a bit) by being a hobbit.
Or, if multicultural relationships are frowned upon, I'll be a very petite "big" lady with an aversion to footwear.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A question: does the ringbearer know xer own identity?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #17
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ooh this sounds so interesting. If the game starts soon, I'm in.

Hey Legate we could get married and be the Sackville-Bagginses! Wouldn't that be nice?

If not, then I'd like to be a Big Person. My occupation shall be... a tanner!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
This looks fun, Kit. Hopefully I will be around more this game.

What's -6 GMT in EST? I hope it's something I can work with, or may have to give this a miss...
Old 01-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Let's see if I can make it to Day3 this time. Lately both the wolves and the villagers have been just too eager to get rid of me on the first Days / Nights.

And as no one seems to be ready to stand out for hobbits loud and clear then I'll be one.

So let me be the hobbit-dealer of "Old Tobo" in Bree. And even if my real name would be Shenanigan Kneejerk I'd like to be called just "Toby".
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #20
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I believe it's EST -1. A piece of advice: if you're uncertain, you can go look it up in Edit Options. There's a list of possible timezones.

edit: xed with Nog. And even if my real name would be Shenanigan Kneejerk I'd like to be called just "Toby".
Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #21
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I believe it's EST -1. A piece of advice: if you're uncertain, you can go look it up in Edit Options. There's a list of possible timezones.
A second piece of advice: just scroll down any page you're on (and have refreshed it) and you can see this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the BD page