The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #361
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Fea darling. Cobbler is a SPY. Walter si not in a trance. Dead drop means he has no direct contact with critics. Of course he knows what he saw...

As for Soulmate.. I refer you to my previous statement ...
Yes ma'am. I shall stop obsessing now.

Need to see who I've cross-posted with and think...
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #362
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 on Ilya View Post
She did admit that's what she thought when posting, but I'm still not convinced she's entirely innocent.
I think it's a part of her playing style to admit it if she's doing suspicious things so I wouldn't use it as an argument for nor against her guilt.

I wouldn't like to vote Gollum because he hasn't posted much yet. Then again last (& only) time I played with him he didn't post much anyway. I wouldn't like to vote Shasta either as he can be really helpful if he just has time. I'd rather vote Ilya than Bowie although voting either of them would feel unfair as I don't have much of an idea about them. I could vote sally but it'd feel unfair too, given last game. Of Cailineomer I really don't know.

I don't think you're forgetting anyone Fea.

edit: xed with Lari & Fea
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #363
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I'd rather vote Ilya than Bowie although voting either of them would feel unfair as I don't have much of an idea about them. I could vote sally but it'd feel unfair too, given last game.~Agan
All is fair in love and WW. Someone's got to be it, nothing's personal.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #364
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Some thoughts on Ilya, who recently rised in my suspicions.

Compare #195 to #223: First she doesn't know where the Nogrod case came from, then she says other people put suspicions against Nogrod (and Menel) in her mind and thus keeps herself out of the vote-fray. Also, first she considers voting Gollum for his case against Strongbow, then she votes Strongbow herself.

Today, while I appreciate all the work she put into all her quote-collections, I'm a bit unhappy with it because there's not much of her own opinions, which I consider more helpful about summary-posts than the summary. She does give her opinions later, but they are kind of simplistic putting-into-boxes like.

In #324 she defends Gwath in a not too convincing manner, which, since I'm suspicious of Gwath, makes me suspicious of her, too. There's also her point against me, which does not make a lot of sense, as Boro remarked, too.

If Ilya should be evil, I think a close look at Brinn might be justified - there seems to be a connection.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-09-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: crossed since Lariren
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #365
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Most excellent- I didn't realize deadline wasn't until quarter after, which means I have a few minutes to check my notes before posting (leave work at one, get home ish 1:05, look to see what it was I was thinking before I ADD'ed out around 11:23, post vote before 1:15). I apologize in advance that I'm running late on this. I was totally on top of things until um... actually, I don't want to admit that my boy distracted me.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #366
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Mac, you're my hero, it was Ilya's quotes that set me off.

I'll explain soon.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #367
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Ilya: Has been very helpful in posting all of the comments about the voting. Leads me to suspect innocence. It just doesn't feel like something someone who was guilty would do.
And that's why, if guilty, she'd be doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Mac: Said this “Mac: Yeesh... once I have to vote early and believe that you auditioners are smart enough to not do something terribly foolish, and then that.” It gives me the impression of something sinister. Singling himself out from the rest of us.
That was a good way of saying it because it indeed looks like what he's doing. I just don't remember him being like that as an innocent (which doesn't mean he couldn't be, though - good as it is, even my memory has its limits).

edit: xed since Boro. Yeah I know but still.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #368
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi all, sorry for my late arrival but it is the end of the working week and apparently it wore me out as I've just woken up from an unexpected nap! As a result this is going to be a little rushed.

So, let's have a quick look at what people have been doing:

Boro - thought looking at who might want to kill phantom would give clues as to who the critics might be, I personally believe the list would include everyone except Boro and Fea and so doesn't do us much good! Pretty much accuses sally. Carries on with his suspicion of sally, saying that her just out of time retract could have been carefully designed to be just out of time - I think that's grasping at straws really, especially given that it was Day 1 and no one knew how strict Mith was going to be about the deadline.

Lariren - I'm still inclined to leave her be. I think she's doing pretty well so far with keeping up with this madness and she doesn't look particularly suspicious either.

Ilya - says Agan and Lariren started the suspicions against Nog. Has done nothing but post quotes. Now that can be helpful, but not when we get none of her own comments in there. Did post with her thoughts, but there is some really odd reasoning behind them. Why would killing phantom be something Strongbow would want to do over anyone else? If Lariren was 'just kind of agreeing' and then changed direction then why is that suspicious? It just feels suspicious. What was that about a 48 Day, as we didn't have one the Day before why would she assume it?

Gwath - strange that I am less happy with him when he isn't oddly abrasive! The comment that caught my attention was only a response to phantom's role revelation though.

Mac - takes back his voting for Menel. It feels innocent.

Agan - can't work out why everyone is so appalled by the fact that people voted for Nog. I'm with her a bit on that, he was a bit suspicious yesterDay, the way he reacted to what Gwath said was odd. I can see where a case against him would spring from.

Brinn - says about the same as Agan actually, as well as mentioning the very fair point that actually Menel was lynched at the same time and we can get information from that as well.

Strongbow - explains his reasoning for the Day 2 Cobbler comment. Why would the Cobbler be more likely to accidentally give himself away on any Day?

Cailin - her apology, well it feels innocent, but I wish she had spent more of the post talking about her theories on toDay rather than just apologising.

Ah I'm out of time and haven't really finished. I also want to say that I think Fea is too quiet and I do share some of tgwbs' suspicions.

Right now I think Ilya and Boro seem the most suspicious, though I'm not convinced about Boro.

++ILYA

I'd like to have gone through a bit more thoroughly but from what I've seen so far I think that posting all the quotes and the voting tally is trying to look helpful while actually not being and that the reasoning behind her suspicions seems very odd.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #369
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Have just seen Fea's posts that says the deadline is quarter past. Bah.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #370
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Vote count:

Gollum - 2 (Brinn, Sally)
Fea - 1 (tgwbs)
Ilya - 1 (Kath)
Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #371
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kath some day I'm going to kill you for posting long posts so near to deadline.

I think Mac's points against Ilya were reasonable but I'm still suspicious of Mac. I was planning to go through his posts but got distracted. I'll do it tomorrow then.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #372
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Kath some day I'm going to kill you for posting long posts so near to deadline.
I'm sorry Agan! One day I will learn to start them more than 20 minutes before the deadline.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #373
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Ilya: Has been very helpful in posting all of the comments about the voting. Leads me to suspect innocence. It just doesn't feel like something someone who was guilty would do.
Some do. Brinn did. Roa did. It's little effort if it makes people think you're innocent and you get by on it for a few days - and maybe the whole game.

Quote:
Mac: Said this “Mac: Yeesh... once I have to vote early and believe that you auditioners are smart enough to not do something terribly foolish, and then that.” It gives me the impression of something sinister. Singling himself out from the rest of us. It just rubs me the wrong. Add this with the whole Menel voting thing and it makes me sense a critic. I think I’m going to lean towards voting for Mac tonight.
I'm sorry if it sounded like I was singling myself out. That line was actually half-joking. *needs to use more smileys*

Haha, now I see Agan's post where she picked the same quotes... sadly, with a bit of a different comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Mac, you're my hero, it was Ilya's quotes that set me off.

I'll explain soon.
Do, please.

crossed since Kath
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #374
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I'm sorry Agan! One day I will learn to start them more than 20 minutes before the deadline.
Heh yesterday I would probably have voted a bit earlier had I not been reading your post & everything that came after it.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #375
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I sense the danger of a last-minute bandwaggon against me, but since I can retract my vote if necessary, I'll vote now:

++Ilya

Clearly my top suspect right now, and there seems to be an actual chance to lynch her today, so no reason to hesitate for me.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #376
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I was planning to go through his posts but got distracted. I'll do it tomorrow then.
Yay! *likes to be analysed*
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #377
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I think I'm voting

++Ilya

too. Besides if her role is revealed I'll have some actual evidence concerning Mac.

Fea - 1 (tgwbs)
Ilya - 3 (Kath, Mac, Agan)

edit: xed with Mac. Garr I'm not liking you! (or rather I'm not liking my inexplicable gut feelings)
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #378
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Vote count:
Ilya - 2 (Kath, Mac)
Fea - 1 (tgwbs)

Still deciding on my vote and slightly rethinking Ilya based on what Agan said(because she did post before you, Mac)

x-posted with Agan changing the vote count.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-09-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #379
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I was flipped out by Ilya's quote lists mostly because when I see quotes in anything I'm reading, I have a nasty habit of skipping them, because most of the time when something I read has a quoted off section like that, it's written in a language I don't know. Consequently, posts that consist almost entirely of quotes tend to completely throw me off because

1) the person looks like they're making points, but in reality they're just copy/pasting other people's out-of-context comments

2) my brain is conditioned to all but ignore them anyway (this is probably a trait singular to me, as it's caused by reading massive amounts of art and lit theory).

Basically, when I saw the lists of quotes, I harkened back to Freshman Writing Class and thought "Okay, so you filled up page space. What's your point?" I was bothered that Ilya didn't have an argument that she was supporting, instead it seemed like she was just organizing.

Which while I admit that I OCD adore organizing, I kept waiting and waiting for some sort of reasoning as to what Ilya actually thought, as opposed to what Ilya's organization skills are.

I was thrown off wholly by having to sit my way through what felt like a lot of carefully wasted space without having the payoff of Ilya actually giving us anything personal to go on.

It's like judging the opinion of somebody who's reading a script, you know? I want your own words, not somebody else's.

Probably why I write the stuff I do, and ignore the stuff with MLA citations...

I apologize that this looks like a bandwagon last minute, but I'm also not willing to cause a double lynch (or even get close) today by voting Gwath (plus I don't have time to substantiate any arguments)

so

++Ilya
Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #380
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

There's what, 16 of us alive and only seven votes cast a few minutes before deadline...

Mith is there a modfire for non-posters/voters?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #381
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Remember that teeny tiny chance I might wake up before deadline? Yeah, amazing.

The only reason I'd retract my vote now is if someone I thought innocent was on the lynching line. But if it's Ilya on the lynching line, I could care less about saving her.

Btw, I realised I totally forgot about Ilya on my analysis. Interesting since I copy and pasted the names from Mith's living list.

Some quick thoughts:

Long quote posts don't necessarily mean guilt. Yes, I did it last time as a wolf, but I've also done it as an innocent. So have other players. People have brought up the idea that she's trying to replicate my strategy, which is possible simply because she is a newbie. Btw, when I made quote posts, I at least added one liner thoughts, or tried. She did not...which I'm not terribly fond of. I'm also not fond of her vote yesterDay.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #382
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
There's what, 16 of us alive and only seven votes cast a few minutes before deadline...~Agan
There will be at least another. I was with-holding for reasons I don't care to explain, as it seems unecessary now.

++Ilya
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #383
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Mac is seeming more innocent to me than he did earlier toDay. I am unsure about the votes against Gollum - they seem...weak, I guess? I have just the smallest suspicion of tgwbs, but it's entirely instinctive and not rationally justifiable. sally, though...seems suspicious to me, I think, for her behavior at the end of Day 1 and her pale vote for Gollum toDay.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #384
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quickly before the deadline and running away to go buy The Tudors Season 2 I'm going to go with my first thought of voting for:

++ Shasta
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #385
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Also before deadline, I want to make a quick note on Sally. Reading her vote post, part of me thought, "Oh good, I'm not completely alone on my thoughts about Gollum." But another part of me is really worried, because I felt like she was just echoing me almost word for word...
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #386
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Curtain falls

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #387
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I actually don't have any opinion at all about Ilya. For some reason, I haven't paid enough attention to her posts to remember anything about them, so I am not sure what to make of what seems to be her (?) imminent death. Oh well.

++Sally

EDIT: Crossed! I shouldn't have bothered, it seems.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #388
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
There's what, 16 of us alive and only seven votes cast a few minutes before deadline...

Mith is there a modfire for non-posters/voters?
I will consider it if it becomes a repetitive fault. I don't anticipate modfiring tonight. But I will review the situation - I have been keeping half an eye on participation and it is something I will monitor.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #389
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hey, ya'll. I'm late to Day 2. Again. Although, bright side, if I am voted off, at least I won't have to worry about that anymore.

I don't really have time to defend myself, I guess, but, look, I'm not that good with analysis as is becoming quite obvious. I was trying to be helpful in a way that I can easily be helpful.

++Gollum

Because firstly I'm taking TP's advice, and secondly, I'd like to see Day 3.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #390
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Oh, man, if my vote just counted, it's be another tie.

--Gollum

++Mac

Don't want to leave you guys with another double lynch to clean up.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #391
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK my post got lost in the crash

I make it Ilya 5 Gollum 2 Shasta 1 Fea 1 any dissenters?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #392
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I have Ilya at four, but my computer crashed right before the 'Downs did, so the count is a quick one and might be wrong.

Either way, it's Ilya.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Never mind, you're right. I found my error: I missed Agan's vote through Lari's cross post. Anyway, it's Ilya for 5.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #394
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I need a little more time on the death scene but I will not keep you in suspense.

You are another ordo down.

I'll let the critics know Walter's intelligence and then will await Seer, Critic and Plinge choices. Should be good for a 6pm start tomorrow.

In the mean time I am ripping off a lovely aria for Ilya..

Sorry for the extra delay.. it would have been sensible to check vocal range before I started ... but another lovely Aria and if you kill a soprano at some point I'm prepared.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #395
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ilya departs...

The second day had started with the singers being astounded by the revelation of the Phantom's true identity. Well three of them had to pretend to be astounded and the rest perhaps should not have been so astounded given that the opera ghost had taken a Ronseal approach to his disguise.

The singers' confidence had been knocked by the loss of two of their number the previous night and while they didn't know if htey could trust the Phantom knew that the three critics and their accomplice were still among them. This made them cautious in their voting and a third of them abstained or missed the deadline.

This time their vote was overwhelming. Ilya , though she had sung more than other possibilities had been accused of mimicry, of offering too little of her own interpretation – she had to be a Critic not a true executant musician. She must go.

Her farewell aria gave a clue to her distraction – she had fallen under the spell of the Opera Ghost and now that she was to be parted from him by distance as well as the boundaries of life and death, the girl from the Vales of Anduin sang of her sorrow in a voice that indicated so clearly that she was a true artiste and no critic:

De cet affreux combat je sors l'âme brisée !
Mais enfin je suis libre et je pourrai du moins
Soupirer sans contrainte et souffrir sans témoins.
Pleurez ! pleurez mes yeux ! tombez triste rosée
Qu'un rayon de soleil ne doit jamais tarir !
S'il me reste un espoir, c'est de bientôt mourir !
Pleurez mes yeux, pleurez toutes mes larmes ! pleurez mes yeux !
Mais qui donc a voulu l'éternité des pleurs ?
O chers ensevelis, trouvez-vous tant de charmes à léguer aux vivants d'implacables douleurs ?
Hélas ! je me souviens... il me disait :
Avec ton doux sourire...
Tu ne saurais jamais conduire
Qu'aux chemins glorieux ou qu'aux sentiers bénis !
Ah ! Fantôme ! Hélas !
Pleurez! pleurez mes yeux ! tombez triste rosée
Qu'un rayon de soleil ne doit jamais tarir !
Pleurez mes yeux ! Ah ! pleurez toutes vos larmes ! pleurez mes yeux !

Great voice and interpretation though a tad slow perhaps
With orchestra but think sounds better with a mezzo
Unpolished but wow what a voice
Night 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaining
Sally, soprano
Lariren , soprano, Ithilien
Feanor of the Peredhil, Belfalas (mezzo-)soprano
Brinniel, mezzo-soprano, Harad
Kath contralto
Aganzir, Minas Tirith contralto
Gwathagor (Gwathagorio), lyric tenor/spinto Sindar of Eriador
Shastanis Althreduin (tenor leggierio / lyric tenor)
Strongbow, Bowissimo of Lossarnach
Macalaure (Barney Broadbottle), a Bree-lander from Staddle, Baritone
Gollum the Great - bass-baritone
TGWBS - bass, woodwose,
Boromir 88 basso profundo, Rohan
Cailineomer, trouser role, Forodwaith

You're not singing anymore:

Meneltarmacil - baritone err Nazgul from Minal Morgul ORDO
Nogrod - lyric tenor in the end, Old Forest ORDO
Ilya, mezzo-soprano, vales of Anduin. ORDO

You're not voting anymore.

The Phantom (Opera Ghost)

Last edited by Mithalwen; 01-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #396
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

situation critical?

The singers once again retired to their dressing rooms for the night. The true contestants were downcast by the loss of yet another of theitr number while the three critics and their ally were inwardly gloating.

After they had picked up their message from Wlater the three critics chose there target and moved silently along the pasages of the opera house to where their next victim was singing, confident that the contestants' luck would soon change with his help:

Der Kritikerfänger bin ich ja,
Stets lustig heissa hopsasa!
Ich Kritikerfänger bin bekannt
bei Alt und Jung im ganzen Land.
Weiß mit dem Lokken umzugehn
und mich aufs Pfeiffen zu verstehen!
Drum kann ich froh und lustig sein,
Denn alle Kritiker sind ja mein

Papageno

"That's what you think!" they chorused in harmony as they burst in, not even bothering to tell him he was out of his range struggling with his tessitura. This time the singer would be dispatched and would stay dispatched. And they had hit the jackpot.

Remaining

Sally, soprano
Lariren , soprano, Ithilien
Feanor of the Peredhil, Belfalas (mezzo-)soprano
Brinniel, mezzo-soprano, Harad
Kath contralto
Aganzir, Minas Tirith contralto
Gwathagor (Gwathagorio), lyric tenor/spinto Sindar of Eriador
Shastanis Althreduin (tenor leggierio / lyric tenor)
Strongbow, Bowissimo of Lossarnach
Macalaure (Barney Broadbottle), a Bree-lander from Staddle, Baritone
Gollum the Great - bass-baritone
Boromir 88 basso profundo, Rohan
Cailineomer, trouser role, Forodwaith

You're not singing anymore:

Meneltarmacil - baritone err Nazgul from Minal Morgul ORDO
Nogrod - lyric tenor in the end, Old Forest ORDO
Ilya, mezzo-soprano, vales of Anduin. ORDO
The guy who be wild (Woodwose) Singer-seer.

You're not voting anymore.

The Phantom (Opera Ghost)

Looks like 6.15 tomorrow again...

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #397
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ouch.

So did the wolves figure tgwbs was the seer or did they receive the information from the cobbler? Or did they just kill him because of some unknown reason? I'll go through his posts and see if I can gather anything.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #398
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'll go through his posts and see if I can gather anything.
I'm in the process of doing that now. Whether the critics guessed he was worth lynching or the cobbler guessed he was worth eying, either way he must have said something worth pursuing.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #399
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Ouch indeed.

Did tgwbs say anything anywhere that pointed towards him being the seer? Need to check.

First the phantom and now the wild man? We can safely conclude that our critics have no sense of humour. But what can you expect from critics...
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #400
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Have gathered all of his posts, now sifting through for statements about the game as opposed to syntactical references.

Will be around...