Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2003, 08:33 PM   #11
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Ithaeliel- Thank goodness you're back! Good timing, too. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Child of the 7th Age- Ith and I appreciate any extra help we can get, so thank you.
Quote:
Would you want to try and get an additional person or two to try and take up one of our missing characters, or possibly to play an Ent, Entwife, or a baddie?
That'd actually be quite nice if we could get some more people into the game. I don't know about someone taking over missing characters. Taking over Mattius or Radagast would require reading The Blue Mountains, though I don't think it would be a problem if someone took over LinGalad. We could definitely use an Ent and perhaps another baddie.
Quote:
Finally, do you think it would do any good to go back to the original folk who did a profile and then vanished at some point without leaving us a note. (Are there some of those?)
There is one: Taralphiel, who wrote a profile for her character Ishbel then disappeared afterwards.

It would be unlikely to bring back those who withdrew from the RPG with a note, though I have noticed that it was several months ago that they withdrew and perhaps there is a slight chance that they would be able to rejoin. Here is the list:

-dragoneyes withdrew her character Aldor on May 25 because she was too busy.
-Evinyatar withdrew two characters (whose profiles I cannot find) on April 25 due to demands of the real world.

I kind of doubt we can bring these withdrawn characters back, though I suppose we could try.

Quote:
If we are really short on people, we might be better off focusing our posts in one area rather than two. In other words, having most of us focus on the activity in Rhun which involves the freeing of the Entwives rather than delineating what's happening in Fangorn itself. It's always difficult to keep two subplots going.
I agree. I've always found two subplots a little confusing. Focusing on one area would be much easier to deal with.

Here is a list of dates players will be absent:

Brinniel: July 11-13, July 20 - August 2, August 5-12
Child of the 7th Age: July 23-28
VanimaEdhel: July 23 (or 24)- August 24
Lyra Greenleaf: July 26 - August 9

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]