The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Tol-in-Gaurhoth XIV: Nyárë Nauroron Númenoreva

It is the early winter of 3318 of the Second Age, and Ar-Pharazôn is at the height of his power. The Elendili are persecuted at every turn, and hundreds have been sacrificed to Melkor in Sauron's Temple.

On the northernmost tip of Númenor, two Elendili hide in a tiny village. But they have been discovered by a spy of the king, and three houseless fëar of wolves drift into the town this very moment, as the moon rises and the fog rolls in from the sea . . .

Welcome to Tol-in-Gaurhoth XIV: Nyárë Nauroron Númenoreva!

How the Game Works

The Werewolf Game is divided up into two different parts: DAY and NIGHT. Each lasts 24 hours.

The DAY starts with a description of what happened and who was killed over the previous night. That person's role will be revealed in the post. During the DAY, the villagers discuss the game on this thread and try to detect the wolves. They can lynch who they think are wolves by casting votes, like this:

++Alcarillo

Whomever receives the most votes is lynched. Votes are non-retractable. Once you vote, you cannot change it. The Hunter PMs the moderator daily and nightly to choose a victim in the event that the Hunter is about to be lynched. The DAY ends at midnight GMT with a post describing the lynching. The lynched villager's role is revealed in the post (All dead villager's roles are revealed).

Then the NIGHT begins after the lynching. During the NIGHT, nobody may post on this thread; you're all asleep. The NIGHT is also when the werewolves PM each other to decide upon a victim. Then one of the wolves PMs the moderator with the name of their victim. The Seer also PMs the moderator to choose a villager to dream about. And the Ranger also PMs the moderator to choose a villager to protect, and the Hunter too PMs the moderator to choose a victim in the event that the werewolves come after him. NIGHTs, like DAYs, end at midnight GMT with a description of the night's werewolf kill, revealing the victim's role. Then a new DAY starts, the villagers vote, a villager is lynched, and so on.

When you're lynched or killed by werewolves, you're dead. That means no more posting on this thread. You may be dead, but you're not a zombie.

Victory

The villagers win when all of the werewolves have been lynched. The cobbler automatically runs away to Armenelos to report the bad news to the King.

The werewolves win when the number of villagers is equal to that of the remaining werewolves, when the latter is strong enough to rise up against the rest of the village.

Additional Rules, Notices, etc.

Mass-lynchings have a two-person maximum. If there is a three-way or greater-way tie, I'll lynch the first two to be tied.

Please do not edit your posts! We want everybody to see exactly what has been said. Double-post, instead.

You will be told if the Ranger has saved somebody from the werewolves, but not who was saved. If you are guarded by the Ranger one night, you will also not be told.

There are no hidden clues in my posts, not even in this one. When I use players' names, that means nothing important. Also, when I use "he", I mean "he or she".

Players absolutely cannot PM each other concerning the game. Only the werewolves may PM each other at NIGHT.

Please don't refer to other werewolf games. Don't say things like, "When I was the Mayor of Swankytown back in WWIIX…" or "In WWXI, this happened…".

Stay invisible, please.

Also, you are allowed to say anything you want about your role, but you are not allowed to post any definite proof (like the PM I sent you).

Roles

Ordinary villagers: Ordinary villagers discuss the game's events during the DAY and try to discover and lynch the werewolves. During the NIGHT they are to remain silent and not post on this thread. This also applies to all other roles.

Hunter: The Hunter, if lynched or attacked by werewolves, can kill another villager alongside him. The Hunter PMs the moderator daily and nightly with his choices in case he is killed.

Ranger: The Ranger, one of the Elendili, protects a villager's home each NIGHT, guarding that villager from the werewolves. However, the Ranger cannot defend a villager from the Hunter. The Ranger PMs the moderator nightly to choose which villager he wishes to guard.

Seer: The Seer is visited each NIGHT in his dreams by Ulmo, who reveals the true identity of a villager of the Seer's choosing. The Seer PMs the moderator nightly to choose a player whose role he wishes to know.

Werewolves: There are three werewolves, sent by Sauron to destroy the village. They avoid detection by DAY and by NIGHT kill one of the villagers. Only during NIGHT can they PM one another and decide upon a victim. Then one of them PMs the moderator with the name of the victim. The victim's death is described at the end of the NIGHT and signals the beginning of the DAY.

Cobbler: The Cobbler is an agent of Ar-Pharazôn and wants to see the village destroyed by the werewolves. During the DAY he tries to throw the village off track and generally make things tougher for them. He can even sacrifice himself if necessary to help the werewolves. However, he does not know who the werewolves are.

Players

Aiwendil – retired tutor
Boromir88 – crab farmer
Dancing spawn of ungoliant - embroider
Fordim Hedgethistle – lithesome and non-unionized pearl diver
Formendacil – disgruntled office clerk
Gurthang – (possibly unemployed) dockhand
Holbytlass – butcher
Jack – blacksmith and farrier
Kath – bum
Lhunardawen – polite little shepherd girl
Mormegil - repairman specializing in ships and docks
Rune Son of Bjarne – Union leader
The Saucepan Man - harbormaster
WaynetheGoblin – doctor
Wilwarin538 – fiddler

I, your mod, am a tax collector.

Tonight

NIGHT 1 has now begun. Tonight is unique, because I, the moderator, will be the werewolves' victim when morning comes. I only need a PM from the seer so I can give him a dream to fuel DAY 1's activities. The werewolves may PM each other to get to know one another and plan for DAY 1. Also, PM me if you have any questions about your role or how the game works. DAY 1 begins in 24 hours. Sleep tight!

Last edited by Alcarillo; 12-05-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote