The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
TheSquireof Aragorn
Animated Skeleton

TheSquireof Aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Best scenes

Every scene on Pellenor, just absolutely blew me away. The charge of the Rhorrim and Faramir charging osgiliath with Pippin singing in the background. Incredible. There were a lot of other incredible scenes, but for me that was the best.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

I thought the charge of the Rohirrim was well done, as well as the entire battle at Pellenor Fields, of course. Another scene that gripped me was Shelob. That was so awesome, and very funny due to many people in the theatre covering their eyes and squealing when Frodo got stabbed. Totally rewarding experience. I also like the Grey Havens.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was practically holding my breath and gripping my seat during the beacon scene. It blew me away, it was very breathtaking.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Sirithrodwen

Sting

Personally, I like the very first scene where it showed how Smeagol got the ring. I also like the whole sequence of Smeagol becoming Gollum. I had been wanting to see that scene in the movie, and I wasn't sure if they were going to show it.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:24 AM   #5
TheBladeThatWasBroken
Animated Skeleton

TheBladeThatWasBroken has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheBladeThatWasBroken
Sting

My fave scene was towards the end at Aragorn's coronation when he said "My friends, you bow to no one." And the entire crowd fell to their knees
Here I set it, but I command you not to touch it, nor to permit any other to lay hand on it. In this elvish sheath dwells the Blade that was Broken and has been made again. Telchar first wrought it in the deeps of time. Death shall come to any man that draws Elendil's sword save Elendil's heir.
TheBladeThatWasBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I was practically holding my breath and gripping my seat during the beacon scene. It blew me away, it was very breathtaking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was going to say that. It was done in a very effective and pleasing-on-the-eye way. <P>Pippin's singing was also wonderful, and I liked the scene after Mount Doom when Frodo and Sam were on the rock surrounded by lava, and Sam's talking about Rosie and it's all very emotional. Another special moment was when Frodo was hanging over the edge, and Sam says 'don't you dare let go', but Frodo's looking at Sam with an expressions that says 'Sam, I really want to fall.' You can just see all of the pain in his face, and how he wants it all to end. That scene was wonderfully done, I thought. And I loved one of the opening scenes when Aragorn and Theoden arrive at Isengard, and how Gimli is so hopping mad at the two cocky hobbits smoking pipes. I always loved that part of the book. <P>Sorry if I rabbited on too much. But hey, this is a festive post as it's christmas!
Old 12-25-2003, 04:33 PM   #7
Ughósh the Abominable
Pile O'Bones

Ughósh the Abominable has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ughósh the Abominable
Sting

So many good scenes.<P>The opening scene detailing Gollum's history was yummy.<P>Faramir's charge on Osgiliath, with Pippin providing the soundtrack, was beautiful cinema, and a perfect way of showing hopelessness: Faramir being trapped by duty to his father, as well as the city waiting on the brink of a battle it cannot survive.<P>The charge of the Rohirrim made my heart soar, just as it did in the book. The Battle of Pelennor Field was beautiful - up until the Dead Army showed up and completely stole the drama from it. Plus it was lame how Legolas and Gimli continued their count game through that battle; it only further degraded what was supposed to be the epic struggle for the very survival of the race of Men, and dispelled the atmosphere of desperation it should have had.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #8
Anything but Arwen
Wight

Anything but Arwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anything but Arwen
Silmaril

Best scene, by far, for me, was not one of the most moving or even one of the most important, but, WHOA! It just blew me away...<P>It's the scene where the armies and the Witch King leave Minas Morgul...that fire-signal stuff...the fell beast...*hops up and down squealing* Sorry...but its just the whole UMPH of that scene...especially that dead silence before the signal goes up...just by effects standards, the whole scene is amazing....
Old 12-26-2003, 03:16 PM   #9
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I was practically holding my breath and gripping my seat during the beacon scene. It blew me away, it was very breathtaking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Ooh yes....<P>One scene I really liked, well not really a "scene" but still, was when Gandalf was telling Pippin about the armies Mordor had gathered, and he said "Not only orcs" (or something to that effect), and they show that head-on shot of the mumakil with all the warpaint and getup; my jaw just hit the floor. I *so* would not like to see those coming at me!!! I think that's a really neat shot.<P>I loved everything at the battle of the Pelennor, and Shelob's Lair was absolutely stunning. Shelob was especially fun, because of all the people in the theater that shrieked when she stabbed Frodo. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-26-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Faramir and Denethor's talk in the citadel made me cry<P>Shelob's lair was fantastic<P>but the best for me was undoubtedly the Ride of the Rohirrim. It just blew me away. Theoden's speech and them all chanting 'DEATH!' was amazing. The Ride of the Rohirrim gives me chills and makes me bawl every time i think of it or see it or read it.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #11
Ascamel

Sting

The scene most people talked to me about is Legolas sliding down the oliphaunt and Gimli's remark to that. It got spontaneous applause from the audience.<BR>Another scene I would have missed is the burning city. But my favourite is Frodo and Sam on Mount Doom
Old 12-26-2003, 07:33 PM   #12
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I liked the scene where Pippin was telling Gandalf that he didn't think it would end like this and Gandalf says (sweet, comforting wizard that he is) that this wasn't the end, just the beginning and he explains how death is like silver glass and then the white shores...*blissful sigh*<P>Pippin singing and that Denethor stuffing his face while Faramir charged was another excellent scene.<P>And the scene where Smeagol/GOllum are talking together at the pool. <P>And then there's...well, there are just too to count. But those are a few of my favourites. Oh yes: the wedding of Sam.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #13
Achika E.

Tolkien

I totally agree with all the scenes everyone has mentiond, like;<BR> Pippin's singing as Faramir rides foward.<BR> Smegoles history at the bigining.<BR>But there was a few scenes I especially liked that I was surprised no one has mentioned. For instance when Pippin and Merry part and Pippin is yelling back at him. I thought that was great. Also when Aragorn (and friends) reach the Paths of the Dead and all the dead appear and start surrounding them. I don't think anyone could have filmed that any better. Overall I think PJ did every scene as best as anyone could have.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:40 PM   #14
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I was practically holding my breath and gripping my seat during the beacon scene. It blew me away, it was very breathtaking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That scene was pretty neat. As I was watching it my friend whispered to me about the men who lit the beacons. "That must be a sucky job." I would have to agree.<P>There are three scenes I liked but two of them can be rolled into one. <P>First- Arwens vision blew me away. It was not only had encredible graphics and lighting but it was so touching especially when it zoomed in on Evenstar pendant Eldarion was wearing. <P>Second-Kind of two here. At the cornation I was at a loss for my breath when Legolas came walking up dressed as a prince. Then Legolas motions behind him and at first you only see Elrond and then he looks to the left with sad eyes and you see Arwen peeking out behind the banner. Elrond whispers something unheard in Arwen's ear and gives her a little nudge towards Aragorn all the while on the verge of bursting into tears. Call me a sap but it was just so..so..AWWWWWWWW...

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote