The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2003, 09:01 PM   #1121
StarJewel
Wight

Location: I'm in my dear Maedhros' arms, dreaming the day away. Oh, who am I kidding, Chicago is nothing like that!
StarJewel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to StarJewel
Silmaril

I knew I was obsessed when I began thinking in Elvish. Yes, actually re-translating my biology lesson into Sindarin. It gets worse: I accidentally wrote some stuff for my english class in Sindarin. My teacher thought I was on drugs.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:59 AM   #1122
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I got my braces dark blue and silver, the Noldor and Last Alliance colours!
And I was wondering what colour to have them! Which was which? Blue for Men and Silver for Elves or vice versa?

When you were having a picnic in Maths and your teacher was handing our Haribo sweets, you took the yellow ring with the red jewel. Instead of eating it, you put it on your finger and proclaim you are: "Gandalf, wielding Narya, to Rekindle hearts in a world grown cold." You keep the ring on until midday (when you get hungry) and keep on showing/telling people.

I hav many minor things to tell, but they have become so commonplace I see little point. Such as being called dwarf and considering it a compliment or doing your book report on LotR.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #1123
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
...squealing like a baby Nazgul...
Aw, cute!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm starting to consider all the obsessive things I do to be completely normal. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Creepiness. There must be something wrong here....

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-01-2003, 02:05 PM   #1124
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

routinely you go into every books shop and assess their tolkien collection (nothing weird about that). one day you visit your local and head of course to the tolkien shelves, obviously, and find that all your lovely books (you assume that one day they will be yours) are GONE, so you screech and demand to see the manager.

you work in said book shop for your work experience and are delighted to find that one of the employees is a tolkienite. you spend hours discussing the various merits of the books and the movies, every once in a while staring longingly at the hardback complete box set of LOTR illustrated by alan lee and inform said new friend that one day, when you are rich that shall be yours.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #1125
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
My compliments, because I actually got that from your siggy. I read it and thought that was veyr clever, so I decided to adopt the term for my use, if you don't mind.
Not at all Luthien_Tinuviel

Quote:
I got my braces dark blue and silver, the Noldor and Last Alliance colours!
I did too, except I screwed it up. They didn't have any silver, so I substituted white, and it looks really retarded. oh well, there's always next time.

Quote:
Haribo sweets
Mmmmmmm... Haribo sweets... That's my one weakness-that and potatoes.

Well, I havn't done anything TOO obsessed lately, but maybe I have. (???) Well, now that I think about it, I probably have, but you can ask any of my friends. I scare them so much, I think they're scarred for life. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 04:54 PM   #1126
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

When, after being rather touchy about the fact that you're short for several years, you finally get over it, realizing that you're really tall, compared to a hobbit, and actually sometimes wish you were just a tad shorter, so you could say that you are one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #1127
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Tolkien

When you are constantly saying things like, "What in the Shire is that?!" "What the Mordor?!" " By Sauron, I`ll get you!"
And when your room is plastered with LotR pictures. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:54 PM   #1128
Elfwine
Pile O'Bones

Elfwine has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
When you are constantly saying things like, "What in the Shire is that?!" "What the Mordor?!" " By Sauron, I`ll get you!"
Yes, yes! Though I prefer using 'Elendil' when in such sayings. "For the love of Elendil, man!" in a posh English accent is what usually comes. Though once, in a football game, I ran down the field and yelled "Elendiiiiiil!" ...and I scored a goal. *shrug* Hey, it works.

Ah! I mean soccer. Football, soccer, same thing. It's getting to me.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:05 PM   #1129
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Quote:
Ah! I mean soccer. Football, soccer, same thing. It's getting to me.
wow, I'm confused now. football and soccer are very different, atleast in America they are

ah! When I came on today the J.R.R. Toklien theme was up. That was the theme that was up the first time I came to the 'downs long,long ago (on a different name) ah, memories!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

back on topic: people always ask why I wear a plain gold ring around my neck and I give them a long lecture filled with many quotes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 PM   #1130
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
routinely you go into every books shop and assess their tolkien collection
Heh heh... I do this at every bookstore I enter... I know where the Tolkien books are at all of the local bookstores... And they're convieneantly placed next to my other favorite section, the manga [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] *winks at the manga fans* Any-woo, you're lucky! I wanted to work in a bookstore, but I'd have to drive there, but I don't have my license. And my mom doesn't want to "go out of her way" to drive me...

Quote:
Haribo sweets
Hmmm... I've never heard of them, although with all this praise they seem to be getting, I'm curious...

Quote:
Well, now that I think about it, I probably have, but you can ask any of my friends. I scare them so much, I think they're scarred for life.
Heh heh... so are mine. Don't worry, they heal quickly from all the LotR refrences [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I've been saying "By the Valar" a lot lately...

Quote:
people always ask why I wear a plain gold ring around my neck and I give them a long lecture filled with many quotes.
Everyone thinks mine is a promise ring... You know, the kind guys give girls as a symbol of their relationship? ...People ask me "Who's ring is that?" and I just say, "Oh, it's the One Ring. From LotR..." and they give me funny looks and walk away...

Any-woo... Another thing! My friends were poking fun at me today, about my LotR obsessive-ness, and I put my hands over my ears and said "Not listening...not listening!" Like Gollum... I laughed because they didn't catch the reference [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 08:45 PM   #1131
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Try screaming "ELENDIIIIIIL!!!!!!" right before you dive off your diving board and into yoru pool. It's quite fun!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:23 AM   #1132
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Try screaming "ELENDIIIIIIL!!!!!!" right before you dive off your diving board and into your pool. It's quite fun!
That must be the best obsessive thing I have seen on any of the three threads [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If I could dive, I would certainly try it out!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:49 AM   #1133
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
football and soccer are very different, atleast in America they are
Good point? Why did the Americans steal the British word and give it to a completely new sport? Are they just trying to confuse everyone? And do they *gasp* not have Haribo sweets?

At my school, some kids have started handing out "gnome passes" to certify that you are a gnome. I found out that the German word for gnome is same as the word for dwarf and I am therefore a dwarf! I danced.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:47 PM   #1134
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Heehee. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My sayings are "What in Mordor is that?" "Na in Velain!" (that's By the Valar, for you non-Sindarin-scholars) "Dear Eru!" And of course, when someone is being especially irritating: "Mibo orch!" (*Kiss an orc!*)

Heh, I wrote "WAVE KINGS AT BOROMIR THE DISCO SQUID" on my hand today and drew a little squid next to it. I have confused many people... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-02-2003, 02:13 PM   #1135
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

you see a very large moth at the window and are scared at first, but then you realise the significance of this creature and say, 'no! you helped gandalf, i like you!'

you spend literally atleast an hour assess the tolkien collection i nsaid book shop and almost cry with ahppiness when you find it has over flowed on to TWO bays rather than just the one!

your friends become annoyed with you for spending over an hour in front of said bays
Old 10-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #1136
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh heh... I do this at every bookstore I enter... I know where the Tolkien books are at all of the local bookstores...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Me too! Even if I'm not buying anything that day, I still go to look. They're all.... precious to me. And I preivew and caress and whisper to the ones I have yet to own (HoME 7 onward), and the beautiful editions of the ones I do have. I even visit the Tolkien sections in the library for absolutely no reason, even when all they have are the books I already own and I don't plan on checking any of them out.

Quote:
Try screaming "ELENDIIIIIIL!!!!!!" right before you dive off your diving board and into your pool. It's quite fun!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That must be the best obsessive thing I have seen on any of the three threads If I could dive, I would certainly try it out!
Really, Meela? I'm not sure I agree, but...... I scream Elendil when playing games, too! (Most recently was actually quite a while ago, since I get very little physical activity, and I hate team sports.... I was playing Capture the Flag).

Quote:
Good point? Why did the Americans steal the British word and give it to a completely new sport? Are they just trying to confuse everyone? And do they *gasp* not have Haribo sweets?
I have no idea why we did.... we're kind of dumb that way. That's why one has to call it American football. And no, we do not have Haribo sweets. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Sad, isn't it? I have had my share of them when I lived in Europe, but here we are regretfully without them. They might be at a specialty store, though. And Amarantha, since you were wondering, they're wonderful German candies (mostly gummies) that are widely distributed in Europe, although in my experience, the best selections are (of course) in Germany, but the UK might have a wide selection, too.

Quote:
At my school, some kids have started handing out "gnome passes" to certify that you are a gnome. I found out that the German word for gnome is same as the word for dwarf and I am therefore a dwarf! I danced.
Good for you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But gnome passes?!? Quite odd, I say. Why owuld anyone want to be a garden ornament?

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:48 PM   #1137
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Haha! I have a friend who can do the Gollum jump so well that I actually think it's Gollum dressed in my friend's clothes. It's quite scary at times.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:18 PM   #1138
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

~When you feel rather sad because you haven't gotten to post for the past three days. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

~When you have convulsions of hyper-ness when you finally get to see the RotK trailer, even though it took more than an hour to download, and then you had to download Quicktime, so it was almost 2 days after you got the trailer that you could watch it.

~When you have to write an essay on how one person changed the world for the better in three ways, even though your teachers desperately try to convince you that it will be too hard and that you will have to do way more work than everyone else (yeah right!)

~When you do your hair like Arwen for picture day at school [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~When you and your brother randomly yell "Hado i phillin!" at times.
Quote:
I think we'll be the only thread to have a version four. How many versions do you think this thread will have?
I think at least six. Hopefully more! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~When part of the essay you have to write about your imagiary friends goes like this:
Quote:
If everyone thinks she is wierd for wearing a cloak and sword to school and putting clear rubber bands on her ears to make them pointy, then she thinks that it's their problem. She isn't afraid of shouting "You shall not pass!" to the entire hallway.
That was about Marigold Proudfoot. Sound familiar? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ...

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #1139
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

When you imagine that your gold ring with a sapphire on is Vilya.

If we keep this going, soon we'll be on part Four!
Old 10-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #1140
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

When you harbor a sneaky suspicion that Gandhi was actually a very redeemed Gollum.

(Sorry if this offended any hard-core Indians. Just to let you know, I am Indian myself, so no offense was intended).
Old 10-02-2003, 07:56 PM   #1141
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Something weird happened today. Before I tell you what it was, you need some background info, or you will not understand it. I have a friend who calls me a geek every day at least once. She also likes to call me ditzy. (I can be extremely ditzy sometimes) Today, she said that "square" means geek, so she was calling me that. Then she called me a "ditzy square". I immediately noticed the similar sounds to "disco squid". I was laughing so hard and she had no idea what I was laughing about!

In my math class I started talking with the girl who sits next to me, and naturally I turned the conversation to LotR, and she actually was interested! One of the few people who doesn't get majorly annoyed when I start talking about LotR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The only other thread that I know of that is close to having four parts is crazy captions. It's on part three right now, even though it says 'Crazy Captions (again).'

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 10-03-2003, 07:51 AM   #1142
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

If you don't get this, just watch TVLand at four o'clock in the afternoon. I loved the Favorite Things song, so I wrote this!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip
Nine men came to Lord Elrond's home
And formed the Fellowship
The wizard was a mighty magic man
The elf could walk on snow
Four hobbits, Gimli, and two men
Braved Caradhras' blow.
[WHOOSH! Change key]]
The journey started getting rough
The Balrog sure was mad
Gandalf's death left Sam and Aragorn
And Celeborn really sad.
{Change key again]
Setting off on the river Anduin
The orcs gave them no fear
But the breaking of the Fellowship
Was the death of Boromir!

Elanor, get yerself an email so I can talk to you during Chem class!

By the way, I wrote one for the Two Towers- I'll toss that in tomorrow.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:35 AM   #1143
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Boots

You know you're obsessed with LotR when...

....I surf all day on the internet to find new Tolkien/LotR sites with discussion forums.

....my posters fall down from the wall in the middle of the night and I get up just to paste them up again. (I mean, come one...that's bad...especially when your bed is your best friend and your pillow is your other 'mate'... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

....I search every single site on the web to find some 'inspiration' to the LotR costume you're going to make.

....I'm willing to sleep outside to get premiere tickets, even though it will be snowing...(I'm sure there will, it always does, that time a year [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

....I get addicted to certain LotR sites *cough Barrowdowns cough*. And when I've got a virus on my own computer I just have to take the bus to the library every time I have tons of homework, waiting on your desk. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

....My LotR soundtracks/books/other accessories are precious, and NO one is to touch them...when I say NO one, I mean absolutely no one... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

....I'm getting annoyed about things they did 'wrong' in the movies, hoping one day that perhaps I could make 'em better....and that I'll make FotR better which means that I will include Tom Bombadil. I'm afraid the whole case with Tom Bomabadil kind of annoys me. I think they did a BIG mistake letting him out from the LotR movie(s).(But I have to say that the movies are pretty good…)

....I try to learn Quenya, when no one around me can speak it. So the thought of me knowing it, speaking it etc, is really...um...obnoxious, because I will not be able to 'use' it. So, many would probably say it's waste of time. But I don't think it is because I'm....um...a fan...wanting to know more about the languages. Is that so bad? (I know the answer: Nu-Uh.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

*~*
All of this wasn't that bad, was it? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Anyways, that's all I cam up with..(for now! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 10-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #1144
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
my posters fall down from the wall in the middle of the night and I get up just to paste them up again.
Happens all the time. Sometimes I just go back to sleep and wake up next morning to find a giant Legolas on top of me.

Quote:
My LotR soundtracks/books/other accessories are precious, and NO one is to touch them...when I say NO one, I mean absolutely no one...
Definitely! I'm turning into a right little Gollum where my books are concerned.

I went into a store today and had to bite on my lip to stop me from screaming out loud when I saw that they were selling Rotk action figures. I've already got the stationary [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 11:03 AM   #1145
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Boots

Wow... and I always thought America was so great. But you have no Haribos, and supposedly you have no crisps! Argh!

About the Gnome Passes: They were originally given to annoying short people (how I acquired one) but then they became a sign of... er... Gnomliness. Everybody wanted one, and so the Elder Gnomes (of whom I am one) started distributing them on a larger scale. 6 teachers have them, and many many pupils. Son we will have a Gnome Party.

You know your obsessed when you stop fearing spiders just because you know they are nothing compared to Ungoliantė or even Shelob.

When your braces will be blue and yellow in honour of Tom Bombadil.

When you constantly talk about LotR, prompting another fan to come up to you and say "You're a LotR freak, arn't you? So am I." (I gave him the BD site address.)

When you are playing hockey and the biased referee (a kid) gives the other team a foul because you keep talking about elves. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

When one of your long term goals in life is to read LotR once a year.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:44 PM   #1146
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Definitely! I'm turning into a right little Gollum where my books are concerned.
Me too! I also talk a lot like Gollum when nobody else is around. Ya know, they say talking to ones self is one of the first signs of insanity... what if you talk to yourself like Gollum??

Quote:
I just made that goal, too! Although, knowing me, and how fast I read and how much I love the books, I'll probably actually read them more often!
Arwen
Old 10-03-2003, 01:55 PM   #1147
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Quote:
My oh my..that's MY goal as well!!! Scary! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #1148
Beth the Elf
Pile O'Bones

Beth the Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beth the Elf
Sting

I covered two out of the 4 walls in my room with LotR pictures (and i'm still adding on) ,i have a big 4 foot 3d FotR DVD display that a store let me have and i have my own Ring, which i got off a bookmark [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Beth the Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #1149
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My! I've missed quite a lot of obsessiveness!

Quote:
I ran down the field and yelled "Elendiiiiiil!" ...and I scored a goal.
I should suggest that to some of my school's footbal players. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

If I could dive, I would certainly try it out!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Me too, Meela!

~ When a girl in your French class walks up to you to see what the cover of your binder says and sees the index card that you wrote "Frodo Lives!" on with the One Ring in the background and half of the Ring script on the bottom (I couldn't fit it all on the index card). So she asks what it means you recite the whole Ring poem. She still didn't understand it after that, but I got a weird look anyway! YAY! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Rilwen Gamgee ]
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #1150
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
I try to learn Quenya, when no one around me can speak it. So the thought of me knowing it, speaking it etc, is really...um...obnoxious, because I will not be able to 'use' it. So, many would probably say it's waste of time.
My friend got annoyed with me for learning Elvish because, "No one actually speaks it!" So I started learning Gaelic, because Elvish is based on Gaelic. (I'm still working on Elvish though.)

Quote:
Wow... and I always thought America was so great. But you have no Haribos, and supposedly you have no crisps! Argh!
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think that. Personally I think England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand are much better. America really isn't as great as most people seem to think. (Not that I hate it or anything, I just like other places better.)

Quote:
but then they became a sign of... er... Gnomliness.
And what exactly is 'Gnomliness'?

Quote:
quote:
I ran down the field and yelled "Elendiiiiiil!" ...and I scored a goal.

I should suggest that to some of my school's football players.
If the football players at my school did that, I might actually go to a game once in a while!

I have made progress with my mom, she started quoting today, and I didn't quote first! This is a good sign.

~When you are playing a game on the internet in which you are given six letters, and have to try to make as many words as possible from these letters, and you try to do 'Eru' and other LotR related words, even though you have already tried them with a previous set of letters, and they didn't work.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:37 PM   #1151
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dūm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

Wow, I have missed a lot of obsessiveness too!

guy who be short - Great idea about the blue and yellow braces! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Today for social studies class, we had to come up with four qualities that we think the ideal person would possess. So naturally, I took a mixture of all the characters we know and love: loyalty for Sam; determination for Aragorn, and so on.

When one of your friends asks you if you are going to the bonfire and the pep rally you say, "no, I think I'm going to watch FotR instead." This causes her to roll her eyes at you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When you read something Orofaniel said, "Is that so bad?" as "Is that so hard?" (Gandalf to Bilbo) and have to go back and correct yourself.

I haven't been very obsessive lately. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Or maybe I've just stopped noticing the obsessive things that I do because they become normal. Who knows... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #1152
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Happens all the time. Sometimes I just go back to sleep and wake up next morning to find a giant Legolas on top of me.
O_o;;

Hey next time we play flag football (american), maybe I should try the "Eeeeleeeeeeendiiiiiilll" thing... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #1153
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
- you read this thread and decide that you are 'not obsessed enough' so you vow to be more obsessive in the future

- you print off 70 pages of sindarin to learn a language that a lot of people don't even know exists
Ok, so I am the first point...but where on earth do you find all the Sindarin????????? I didn't know Tolkien left so much vocab lying around.

Hehehe I can just imagine going into school wearing a hobbit costume. Well not me personally, seeing as we have school uniform...woah *imagines the looks she would receive on the train* [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hmm I must do that personality quiz...

Oooh...when your friends are so used to you linking every conversation topic under the sun to LotR that they start to do it themselves...whether or not they have read the books or even seen the films [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

EDIT: I just went back and read this page more thoroughly...somehow I seem to have missed most of it last time
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Fancy not having haribo! You poor, poor, people. And how dare you nick the name yet leave the sport behind??? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
And what is this thing about the disco squid? And Boromir the Disco King??

[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 10-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #1154
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
You are most like
The Dwarves

As the halls of Moria show, Dwarves like building and inventing.
The world exists to be explained and analyzed. You prefer to work quietly without interruption. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.
Ok, I've worked out why I hadn't read that stuff...I was reading page 4!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #1155
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Fancy not having haribo! You poor, poor, people. And how dare you nick the name yet leave the sport behind???
And can you believe that some people think I'm weird for wanting to live in England? (Or Ireland, or Australia, or...I won't annoy you with a list of all the places I want to go. It's a very long list.)
Old 10-04-2003, 12:22 PM   #1156
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
You've gotten a reputation at the local army surplus store as the lord of the rings girl who really wants to buy a sword. (they won't sell you one unless you're over 18 though [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] )

You sing Tom Bombadil songs while prancing through the woods walking your dog.

During your schools homecoming game, you cheer not for your team, not for the opposing team, but for numenor.

Also, during the said homecoming game, you scream at the players not to act like pansy elves and tackle someone for eru's sake.
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #1157
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Guess what! Apparently one of the guys who worked on translating stuff into Quenya and Sindarin for the LotR movies lives in my city and he's giving a talk at the public library in November !!! Now if only a movie theater near me would show FotR, TTT, and RotK back to back for the premiere, my life would be almost perfect!
WELL GUESS WHAT NOW! I just found out that a theater near where I live will be showing the EEs of FotR and TTT before the Rotk premiere [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!!! I guess it really does pay off to live in the capital of your state!! Btw, sorry for quoting myself.

Quote:
I'm starting to consider all the obsessive things I do to be completely normal. Creepiness. There must be something wrong here....
There's nothing wrong, Sapphire_Flame, they ARE completely normal!

Quote:
Heh heh... I do this at every bookstore I enter... I know where the Tolkien books are at all of the local bookstores...
Me too! I was in a bookstore in the mall with my beat friend, and I got very excited over their large Tolkien section. I even convinced my friend to get an application to work there so she can use the employee discount to buy me books [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] !

I have done more obsessive things, but I have completely forgotten them at the moment, which is what always happens when I post. Grrrrr...
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM   #1158
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

--When you braid a crown of 'niphredil' and wear it.

--When you dance like Luthien whenever you have an excuse, ie, all the time. (Like in the living room, onstage at school, down the road...)

I know that I've done more obsessive things lately, but I can't remember any of them!
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 01:33 PM   #1159
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
WOW! I'm not as obsessed as some of you, but here's a couple more.

-Not only do you assess the Tolkien collection in every bookshop/library but make sure it looks pretty and they are in some kind of nice order.

-You are watching TV, when the Scottish Widow ad comes on (you have to be British to get this). You tell your mum that you want 1, she agrees, and tell her its because you can look elvish and like you are from Lothlorien. She laughs.

-Your dad is in the hearing of this conversation and even he understands what you are talking about even though he's never read any of the books or seen either film.

-You manage to explain the whole plot of ROTK and the end of TTT (the bit they missed off the film) to your friends in 10 minutes. AND you keep them interested.

-A guy in Yr 11, who occasionally talks to you knows on MSN Messenger knows you as Aragorn because of your never changing display pic.

-You play a game with yourself to see how quickly you can link ordinary words to LOTR. Paris--Eiffel Tower--Two Towers--LOTR (that was obvious though)

-You get sad when your friend won't let you talk about LOTR on MSN cos he's the only close friend who's read it.

-You have to bribe said friend with spilling his secrets if he doesn't let you talk about LOTR.

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 02:18 PM   #1160
Arothir
Wight

Arothir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I say it in Sindarin,"Hannon in Velain."
Wasn't the Sindarin word for Vala Bala. Wouldn't it be Balar, like in the Isle of Balar? Or maybe Belain, I can't remember
Arothir is offline   Reply With Quote