Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2002, 01:13 AM   #801
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hey, Birdie, here I am again. It's Child. I delivered those 423 mailbags in record time due to my speedy pint-size dragon.

I haven't the slightest idea what Mith is going on and on about! Can't a hobbit have a little peace and quiet without being invaded by those nasty machines and all that techno-babble?

Poor Frodo and Sam. I think they came out of this the worst of all! Mr. Frodo did keep my Silm quite nice, and he returned it to me this evening. Perhaps, if I make a nice rabbit stew for them, they will regain some of their strength.

I did hear Mith muttering something in his tent about checken-fried hobbit. That can't be me, can it?

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-05-2002, 01:48 AM   #802
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

It's late, the partygoers are retiring to their tents and blanket-rolls under the stars. Mithadan is sleeping on one of the padded benches at the tavern. Birdie has gone home with Child and Angara.

Pio steps out of the tavern and takes a stroll underneath the stars, searching for her favorite constellations on this clear night. She finds herself in the area where Mithadan had cleaved the REG in two.

She pauses to look at a clump of late blooming Niphrodel lit by the pale moon. 'Such simple beauty on this field of now gone horror,' she murmurs to herself. A small red gleam catches her eye - on closer inspection, the cover of the glowing light on the REG is revealed. 'How interesting that this should still survive. I'll take it for a souvenir!'

She pick it up and puts it in the small leather bag hanging from a thong around her neck. There is a faint electricity in its touch, but she shrugs it off as just some cool passing breeze.

Sitting down, back against a tree, by the river, she watches the water flow by and wonders where it's been and where it's going.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:02 AM   #803
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Kettle whistled happily, then frowned for a moment.
Gimli was still downing ale in his sleep. But the strange thing was, no matter how much he drank, the ale level in the barrel beside him remained level.

There was a hiss from Kettle's shark intake of breath as it came to the realisation that Gimli, throughout the entire adventure, had been drinking the same tankard of ale over and over again - caught in a time loop.

But this was a problem for tomorrow. With a contented toot, kettle settled itself on the surface of a barrel of water, where deep below, its fish were sleeping. Bobbing up and down, it resigned itself to dreams.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:21 AM   #804
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
A small red gleam catches her eye - on closer inspection, the cover of the glowing light on the REG is revealed. 'How interesting that this should still survive. I'll take it for a souvenir!'
Camera zooms in on the REG light cover, nestled in the small pouch around Pio's throat. Suddenly, it glows evilly, like a single, red Eye. Cut to black. Credits roll.

(To Be Continued.)
Old 06-05-2002, 05:31 AM   #805
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Camera zooms in on the REG light cover, nestled in the small pouch around Pio's throat. Suddenly, it glows evilly, like a single, red Eye. Cut to black. Credits roll.
(To Be Continued.)
Don't end the story without me!!!!

Everyone was recovering now and getting ready to celebrate. They didn't pay any attention to Rose. She didn't know if she liked being ignored or not. She had tried apoligizing to Sam and Frodo but they didn't have the streanth to answer her.

For awhile she just watched as they were cared for.

It was her. Rose. All her fault.

Rose walked over to the river and watched it in a misrable silence.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:28 AM   #806
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<<sorry i havent posted 4 a wile. i was banned from the computer>>

Celeaewen was lost. one minute she was fighting orcs, then they just dissapeared, which was odd, considering that they had absoulutly nothing in the way of magic. then there was the huge creaking pile of metal armour. there were a bunch of people crowed abotu, and losthuniel saw a little hobbit be ing jerked around by a beserk knife. Celeaewen rubbed her eyes, anbd when she opened them, the armoured thing was gone. she sighed, and got up, to see what on earth was going on
Old 06-05-2002, 10:58 AM   #807
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rose sits on the riverbank, trying to deal with her overwhelming sense of grief, guilt, and failure. She suffered from the wounds of 21 pages worth of posting, and wondered just how she could ever fit into into the light-hearted world of Hobbit cyber parties again.

At that moment, a tall, proud, Elven Ship slid silently up to the dock on the riverbank. On it's sails, in Elvish script, was written: "Undying Lands. Express Route. (Please have exact change ready.)"

A tall, bearded Elf stepped majestically down the ramp and stood looking down at the forlorn, heartsick halfling.

"Well, are you coming or not?" he asked. "I have a schedule to keep, you know."
Old 06-05-2002, 11:39 AM   #808
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen, realizing that she had accidentally overlooked a whole page of postings, crept around the party feild, trying to find Veritas, to finish what she had begun.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:54 AM   #809
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo sat up like a shot, careful to not to disturb Sam.

"Rose!!! NOOO!! Do not leave!!!! Cirdan!! If she tries to follow you don"t let her!!!"
Frodo would have chased Rose but was too weak.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:15 PM   #810
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As Veritas heard that Celeaewen was looking for her, she put her mug back on the bar and said goodbye to Kettle.

She walked outside and sees something she might not would want to see: Is that Pio putting the REG in her pocket? It can't be! Not her too! Veritas thought. She runs towards her but then suddenly Pio has disappeard.

Confused looks Veritas around but there's no sign of Piosenniel...

She sees Celeaewen sitting underneath a big Oak, and walks towards her.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:19 PM   #811
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen, seeing Veritas coming towrds her, shut her eyes and appeared to be sleeping. Veritas was standing over her, when she lunged, knocking Veritas off her feet.
"teach ya to knock THIS elf out!"
Old 06-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #812
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Okay, now you have gone to far!" sais the wizard and rises as high as she can, a lightflash and Celeaewen lays this time on the ground.

"And now you may tell me why you're knocking me down!" sais Veritas with her little sword pointed at Celeaewens' neck.

Was this a joke or somethin,or seriously, thought Veritas, when the Elf was staring at her like she had seen a gohst.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:43 PM   #813
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Despite his weakness, Frodo ran to Rose and fell into her arms weeping.
"No Rosie!" he said, "You can't leave, I was never angry with you, but with the REG. Please don't leave! It would kill Sam and me both. I don't want you to leave."

He held on to her, sobbing as if his heart had been broken in two.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:46 PM   #814
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(not part of story)

HOLY GREAT OLIPHAUNTS!!!! I AM A SHADE OF CARN DUM!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyy!!! Woooo hoooo! I'm getting there, ya hooo!!!

I'm soooooo happy!!!

(back to story)
Old 06-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #815
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen was cursing inwardly. of course the wizard was armed! and then there was that staff to contend with. Celeaewen cursed her ineptitude with the telepathic messages that others seemed to get so well. she wondered how on earth she was going toi get herself out of THIS one, when a great dark shape cast a shadow over Veritas. Celeaewen's eyes grew big and she squeaked. she only hoped the end would be swift.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:55 PM   #816
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel looks around: I'm confuddled. Oh well!

Menelduliniel runs out of her tent:

"What did I miss? What did I miss? Can I fight or anything? Hmmm...?" She looks around, expectantly...
Old 06-05-2002, 02:03 PM   #817
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

OOC: Holy-- [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]? Wait a minute, I thought I was the sidekick? Ah, never mind. Bad joke. Back to the story.

Stacey went outside, Sam still in her arms. She left Primrose in a booth, snoozing.

Stacey:Man, this has been some party......

She looks down at Sam, who is asleep with his head against her shoulder. He is breathing a bit funny, but she hoped that was just from the broken ribs. Stacey took a deep breath of the night air herself, when she heard Frodo's voice. She thought he was shouting something about, "Don't go!!"

Sam: *Stirs in Stacey's arms, opening his eyes slightly* The little hobbit murmured: Mister Frodo?

Stacey: *Running toward the River* Crimeney, Sam, do you have Frodo radar or what?

When the two reached the River, Stacey saw Frodo there, his arms around Rose Cotton. Behind them in the water was a large ship, aboard which stood a very impatient looking captain.

Stacey: That ship....Mister Baggins said 'Don't go...' It couldn't be......

Evidently, Sam recognized the ship, too, because he drew a deep breath, wincing in pain, and shouted, "Miss Rose! Nooo!" Afterward he passed out.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-05-2002, 02:07 PM   #818
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Let's see,Menelduliniel, from what I can gather, Pio found the little light off the old REG and decided to keep it for a souvenir (BAD idea, methinks), Rose is still feeling guilty and getting to leave for the Grey Havens if I'm not mistaken, Frodo's trying to get her to stay, and Sam and I just discovered them. There is some fighting going on, but I'm not sure what it's about... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-05-2002, 02:51 PM   #819
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Meanwhile, no one had noticed that Rosseil was lying on the floor behind the table, for the obvious reasons that a) no one notices her. ever. and b)no one really cares what happens to her. But oh well, I'm used to it.
So when Rosseil opened her eyes, she was still on the ground.
"Ow! major headache! Do I have a hangover, why am I on the ground? I don't remember getting overly drunk (not like certain people, ahem, anyways). Hm, puzzling. Maybe it was the food? No, the poisoning was over at the elf party. Well, I'm alive, and thats all that particularly matters. To me, anyways. Hm...where's Celeae?"
Thats when she noticed that Celeae (Losthuniel, for those of you that don't know. I thought you people knew that...) was being threatened by an angry looking Veritas who was brandishing her sword. Rooseil was quite used to getting Celeae out of trouble, so she only pondered for a minute before she ran towards the two and threw herself at Veritas, trying to knock her over so Celeae could get away. Unfortunately, Rosseil was still a bit unsteady on her feet and still couldn't see quite properly (a fainting symptom; i have experience), so she didn't have much luck.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:04 PM   #820
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel notices Rosseiliantiel, and goes over to her and shakes her.

"Rosseiliantiel? Mellonamin? You okay?"

She shakes her until Rosseiliantiel wakes up.

"What happened to you? Are you okay? You need anything?" Menelduliniel asks as she helps Rosseiliantiel up.

She goes and looks for some water...and finds some (amazing! Something that isn't liquor). She gives the water to Rosseiliantiel.

"Here...maybe getting something into you will make you feel better..."

She watches as Rosseiliantiel drinks.

"Feeling better?"
Old 06-05-2002, 03:19 PM   #821
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose looked up and saw the ship coming toward her. She was in awe of it. It was so beautiful like a giant swan. And when the elf captain on board spoke to her his voice was kind and comforting. At first she didn't realize what he ment. Then she realized this was the boat that could take her away from Middle Earth forever.

Rose loved Middle Earth but guilt and new loneliness ran through her and made her look for comfort in the vessil and captain.

But as she walked to the ship she heard a cry behind her. She turned and Frodo flung his arms around her. "Don't go Rose." Then Sam came over and he and Frodo told her healing words. Words that forgave her, and told her how much they cared for her.

Fresh tears filled her eyes. But they were not for pain or hatred or sadness, or lonliness. They were for great joy and relif. Her heart ached with love for the two hobbits.
Her friends.
Her heros.
And she returned their embrases kissing them on the forheads.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. My dear friends. I would never leave you for all the riches in the world." Then she could not speek anymore because her throut was choked with sobs.

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-05-2002, 03:22 PM   #822
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel helps Rosseiliantiel some more, then she sees Rose.

"Do stay Rose!" Meneduliniel shouts over, then goes back to tending to Rosseiliantiel.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #823
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey smiles, glad that Rose is going to stay.
She looks down at the unconcious hobbit in her arms, then tells Rose:

Stacey: Come on. Lets go start over.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #824
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was shivering (it was a chilly night) and he could barely stand, but he held Rose tighter.

Oh Rose! Rose, Rose, Rose. Thank you, thank you fro staying. Sam! she's staying!"

he could think of no ohter words to say.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:40 PM   #825
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not part of story. Um...am I going mad or did Child just post here? Cause her post isn't here anymore.)
Old 06-05-2002, 03:41 PM   #826
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Oh Sam, I'm so, so sorry. I should have readhes the orcs sooner. You wouldn't be in such pain now (I'm one to talk, I can barely breathe myself, dratted orcs)
Oh Sam! I'm sooo sorry.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #827
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yay! Thanks Menelduliniel, i feel happy now! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2002, 03:49 PM   #828
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose smiled. She new Sam was in pain but she was so happy to be staying in Middle Earth that she couldn't keep her mouth straight.
"Here." She said to Stacy. " Let's carry him back." But as they went back Rose caught sight of Mithadan. Her heart froze. What would Mithadan say about her actions. He was looking at her. She tried not to look back but his gaze held her and she started to blush. After setting Sam down she walked slowly over to him.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #829
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Aw, Frodo, he'll be okay. Now let's all get back before something else [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] happens. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #830
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

something Else!! I fear to think.

Frodo follows the others very slowly...
Old 06-05-2002, 04:10 PM   #831
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel gets up and goes to follow the others...

"Something draws near, I can feel it," she says mysteriously, looking around if anyone smacks her for quoting the movie...
Old 06-05-2002, 04:18 PM   #832
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey looks to see Menelduliniel nearby. She dosen't look too relaxed.

Stacey: Oh, please don't tell me I spoke to soon....

She hurries back to the safety of any kind of shelter with Sam....
Old 06-05-2002, 04:37 PM   #833
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
A SHOCKINGLY SOBER Lush appeared out of the gloom, eliciting screams of terror and surprise, before sauntering on merrily.

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: Lush ]
Old 06-05-2002, 04:47 PM   #834
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Mith, I'm sorry! Please don't punish me." pleaded Rose when she had reached Mithadan. But he laughed and replyed.

"Rose, I'm will not punish you. But there are two things I want to say. It was very foolish of you to put your trust in an object like that." Then Rose laughed.
"That just made me remember in a Harry Potter book I read. In it there was someone who said. 'Don't trust somthing that can think if you can't see where it keeps it's brain.' Guess I should have remembered that before."
"Yes." said Mith. He seemed anoyed that Rose had mentioned Harry Potter. "Just remember that from now on. I'd also like to praise you. Even though you were taken over by the REG at first you were able to finally fight off it's power over you. That takes streangth and prevented further complications. But we should not talk any more. We must take action once more. It's Pio. She has the REG now."

Rose gawked at him. Horrified. Then she ran back to Sam, Frodo, and Stacy to tell them.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #835
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey stopped and looked up. "Rose? Are you okay, you look like you've seen a ghost! Er--never mind. What's the matter? "
Old 06-05-2002, 06:01 PM   #836
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Frodo was leaning againt a tree, he would catch up to Stacey and Sam when he got the chance. Right now, he could walk no further. He saw Pio with the REG and watched Pio dissapear.
"Oh no...." he maond and nearly fainted....
Old 06-05-2002, 06:23 PM   #837
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

ooc:: HUZZAH!!!! I now have a personal title!!!! I wasn't planning on going anywhere at the moment with the objects I picked up - which were, btw, Mithadan's cell phone, which I still had in my pocket, and the red light cover from the REG, which I found near where Mithadan had destroyed the original REG. I'd prefer to party and dance for a while before zooming off on another adventure. In fact, I was thinking of 'forgetting' about these objects until next year's bash, when we can once again have Armageddon Revisited[See Birdlands 'fade to black' post here]. What say we focus on a hobbit centered adventure, maybe with Frodo, Sam, Rose,Stacy, Primrose, Child, and the dragon, Angara. Something light and fun!! Anyone got an idea for a lead in from here? ::
Old 06-05-2002, 06:30 PM   #838
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio had not disappeared. Nervous tension was still running high at the Fields, and people were jumping to extreme conclusions. She had just jumped in the Anduin for a refreshing and much needed swim/bath to lave off some of the battle grime and gore. (Fully clothed, of course - might as well kill two birds with one stone and clean them as well.)

Climbing out of the water, and shaking off the wetness, she looked up, surprised to see people gathered about her sword which she had left on the bank.

She raised one eyebrow, and put her hands on her hips. 'You've never seen an elf go swimming?'

:: please see my previous post ::

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-05-2002, 06:45 PM   #839
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Celeaewen was very unsure of what to do. Veritas was still pointing the sword at her chest, but was slightly distracted by the anxious movemnts across thed feild. Celeaewen, in a rare moment of boldness, wriggled out from under the sword while Veritas' attentio was elsewhere, and climbed up into the oak tree.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:38 PM   #840
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

(Not Part of Story. Are you saying that all tales about hobbits are lighthearted and childish!? Just kidding. But why does the adventure have to be over. I say keep going until our fingers fall off. But I guess that's not what everyone else thinks. But we still have that boat. Hm...we could make a story around that. And Child did a cool post that would have started a neat story but she deleted the post. What I'm saying is lets keep the party going. Back to story.)