The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #481
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Farael, if you dream of a player with a twist, will you know it? I just can't believe Legate is an ordo.
Grasping for straws here? the "bad" fog twisted the rules by killing the Ranger which is not allowed as they should not actively interfere

The "good" fog did the "twist" which methinks is a pair of lovers among the wolves.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure not liking your logic here.

Worst case scenario, Legate is a cobbler-like figure... doesn't matter, as long as he's not a werewolf (and I would've seen him thus if he were) he counts as an ordo and should NOT be lynched. Simple as that

You are digging your own grave!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:51 AM   #482
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, seems I was right about Mac.
And as Rikae is clearly a wolf, the question only remains who is the other one...

And right now, I'm not so certain about that, and since it's anyway pretty clear who will get lynched toDay I'm not going to think too much about it yet.

So...
++ Rikae
Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #483
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
And as Rikae is clearly a wolf, the question only remains who is the other one...

And right now, I'm not so certain about that, and since it's anyway pretty clear who will get lynched toDay I'm not going to think too much about it yet.

So...
++ Rikae
Errr Might... wouldn't it make more sense to start working on the next suspect NOW? I mean, right now the villagers have the advantage, but it's not sure that we'll win. We have an edge right now buti f we let it slip out of our grasp the last wolf will take us appart one by one.

Man, it's almost like you do it on purpose to be suspected...
Old 01-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #484
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Nonchalant? What a non-reason. It worked out, didn't it? There is and was no reason that yesterday's lynching wouldn't work out. As for me switching my vote from Nerwen, I have already explained: if Nerwen had played it sensibly, there was no way I could have cast a deciding vote for her. It would have been a waste. The way things turned out was bizarre and totally unpredictable.

Saucepan Man and Mormegil are the probable innocents. The fate of the cursed villager, however, ensures that we can't trust them. They both look a bit iffy yesterday, after all.

I must agree with Farael here: Saucepan's reasoning for his vote looks bad. I would have expected such a common-sense and practical player such as he to vote for Macalaure, who was never going to be a Seer, over Farael. Mormegil chose the same way, but was persuaded in the end to switch his vote to Mac. Such indecisiveness looks slightly dodgy, but I am more inclined to believe in the goodness of his intentions.

Farael, Rikae, and Legate we know about. After these Mormegil is, to me, the most innocent looking.

I'm still suspicious of the Might, and his post today does nothing to ease those worries. The 3 girls are difficult to read, but I will be analysing them today.

++RIKAE
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #485
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, first things first. It is now obvious whom to vote,

++Rikae

And now on other stuff. There is just one Wolf left unless there is another twist in the fog. I don't think there is much point in discussing whether there were lovers or anything among the Wolves, unless it could in any way help us by deciphering people's votes. Anyway, surprisingly I am now leaning towards considering Aganzir the last wolf, for my suspicions earlier and also for her very eager case against me. It is obvious she had little time and wanted to share her ideas with us, so nothing that strange on how and when she posted it, yet, it only supports my image of her. I am aware however, that I was fooled by Mac and wrong about Boro, so I am going to revise everything. The more that now, as known innocent, it is probable that if we don't lynch the remaining Wolf toMorrow, I will be dead the Night after that.

I suggest we stay focused and the best thing to do is now to look at everyone's behavior throughout the Days, there is not that many of us anyway. Basically, right now, like I said, I am inclined to suspect Aganzir the most, because of her continuous case against me, also labeling me as cobbler and similar stuff, to which she could have backed off at the moment her case against me was ruined by Farael's revelation of my innocence.

I don't know whether it is wise to look at what Rikae says at all, because as someone said here, her words can be interpreted in either way, so if she says something is black, it may be she is lying and it is white, or that she counts with that we will think she is lying and it is indeed black, or that she counts with that we think she counts with that we will think she is lying and it is white, and so on.

Concerning SpM, I was suspicious of him in the past, so there is also the possibility of him being a Wolf. I don't necessarily think, however, yesterDay says anything particular about him, because I also voted Farael and morm originally did, too. I would rather be careful here and not use this as argument, as even ordo can be confused or persuaded.

TM I will have to review, for now I will say there are higher suspects for me at this time, but as I said, the best to look through everyone.

morm is also a person whom I'd definitely have to look at deeper, it is worth mentioning that his retraction yesterDay most probably ruined the possibility of Mac to be saved, however, since there was still Farael and Boro left to vote, and they would quite probably not vote for Farael, it might be that a wolf-morm could calculate it's better to save his neck this way. Nevertheless, by that time I already said I am inclined to support Mac more, so there was still to be presumed a vote for Farael. So, who knows.

Isabell I don't have much clear idea about, her vote yesterDay definitely did not matter any more so she could be even a wolf who avoided contributing to lynch her packmate.

Kath and Eomer now made me worried because I realised I hardly formed any clear opinion on them. Maybe it's for the best, I can start with slate clean. So, I guess it's lucky we have that much time now, hopefully I will find the inner strength to spend some of this time by going through other people's posts in the past. See you later.

EDIT: x-ed with Eomer
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #486
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
You think you have an edge now, but you're done for.

Well, farewell, and may your deaths be gruesome. How appropriate it turned out -today at 5 pm I go to Macalaure, in this world and the non-internet one.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #487
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Worst case scenario, Legate is a cobbler-like figure... doesn't matter, as long as he's not a werewolf (and I would've seen him thus if he were) he counts as an ordo and should NOT be lynched. Simple as that
I agree with you Farael in that he should not be lynched but I also agree in that if we can determine, or guesstimate that he is a cobbler then we should not really give heed to him as well. He does count as an innocent in the overall so not lynching him is a good idea but I for one will not be persuaded by him as I think what he says might be tainted. That is why I want to consider him the cobbler, if there is such a role which Rikae seems to promise us there is. .

I am wondering if wolf Agan is using this as a guise to further separate our thoughts from her.

I still think The Might looks awfully suspicious and I agree that his post today doesn't help allay my fears of him. I have done my analysis of him and my vote is likely going for him tomorrow, unless something drastic happens.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #488
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
For me?

I just said that I'm going to have to wait until I take a better look at the others and see what is posted toDay first.

And anyway, at this point besides Eomer whom I have suspected from earlier on, I really don't have others that seem wolvish.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:01 AM   #489
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Isabell's and Kath's explanations for their votes yesterday were practically identical to mine, although I am always aware that sensible wolves will do sensible things.

Aganzir's attack on Legate today doesn't strike me as too wolvish. Looking at it now it seems dogmatic of her, and I'm just not inclined to believe a wolf would put all eggs in one basket at this stage. It would make her look too bad if Farael had not dreamed of Legate, and we lynched Legate on the next day.

The Might is still as creepy as ever and is probably my main suspect, but if it's not him I think the last wolf is either Isabell or Kath. They both have the appearance of a sensible wolf.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #490
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Excuse me but who said Mac and Rikae are wolf lovers? If that were true Rik would've gone down with Mac. Could be a twist I suppose but it would be an odd one.

At least we know for pretty much definite that Farael is the Seer now. The role revelations of both Mac and Boro don't leave much doubt about that! And so:

++RIKAE

I may not be able to get back on toDay (it's been hard getting the blasted net to work at all, unless you have the time to sit there and wait half an hour for a page to load) but I will try.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #491
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I still think The Might looks awfully suspicious and I agree that his post today doesn't help allay my fears of him. I have done my analysis of him and my vote is likely going for him tomorrow, unless something drastic happens.
I'm not sure that The Might is a good choice for a lynch. He's been consistently clueless but last time around he was even MORE clueless than in this game and turned out to be an ordo.

Let's make a pretty lil' list 'cos there's two hours left.

Aganzir- Not looking so great. Specially her insistance on Legate. Hey, it's all good that you think he may be a cobbler, but I Just told you he's not a wolf... start looking elsewhere!
Eomer of the Rohirrim- Gotta hand it to him, he's very calm and fairly reasonable. So far no red flags here.
Farael- What a wonderful guy. Insightful, witty and so darn good looking
Isabellkya- I'm not sure I have much to say about her... hasn't really participated a whole lot, has she?
Kath- And the same could be said about Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc- We know he's an ordo
mormegil- I really do trust him the most right now. He's been consistently mormegil-like, even with his vote for me and his retraction
Rikae- nananana... nananana... HEY HEY HEY...good-bye
The Might- Ugh, if I was the Hunter and could kill ordos, I'd hunt him just to clear the air... but I don't think he's the last wolf.
The Saucepan Man- I will find out his role toNIght ... but I am unsure of whether he may be wolfish or not.

I believe it is likely the last wolf may be either Aganzir, Isabellyka or Kath. After that I'd distrust SPM and Might on that order.

Finaly, Eomer and Morm

Of course, it's up to y'all to find the last furry one... hopefuly next Day you'll be able to find him and finish him off.

I don't know if I'll be back, so I wish you the best of lucks... and [B}SPM[/B] I'll be seeing you in my dreams!!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #492
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eomer

Here is my analysis of Eomer. It might be a bit rushed as I'm on limited time and he has a fair amount of posts but we shall see.

Post 112 is an in character post not much content overall.

Post 115 he brings up some moderate suspicion of Nerwen.

Post 134 gives some advice that regarding plots some wolves use against quiet victims and get the bandwagon rolling. He doesn't think it wise to 'stick to your guns' this early.

Post 180 states he is not happy about Nogrod getting lynched and thinks it should be Nerwen and votes Nerwen.

Post 215 he explains his vote from the day before. It seems like a fairly reasonable explanation but I could see it as a fairly prepared from the night before explanation. He tries to convince us that his vote makes him look more innocent and I can see it both ways.

Post 217 He points out some things Shasta said in regards to Nogrod intimating that the wolves killed him because they thought him to be the seer. Not a lot to make of this as knowing Nogrod was a wolf makes it easy to pick out seer hints from the day before and assume that is why he was killed. Nothing too bad here.

Post 218 Comes out and states what he intimated in the previous post and believes that, if it wasn't for seer hints, he can't figure out why they killed him.

Post 236 Here are some interesting quotes. Look back on this post, he is either brilliant at spotting wolves or is one himself because the only three he really suspects are three known wolves. My guess is that the remaining wolves saw that only they were suspected and seer or not they should be done with him at that point and went after him at night but he was not the seer but rather an intelligent, if cursed, villager and became one of them.

Quote:
Macalaure: The Nogrod thing bothers me, and if Mac is innocent I along with many others will feel embarrassed at suspecting the man who did more than anything to bring the foul wolf down; but... he's creepy, that jailer.

Nerwen: Still unsure. SPM made good point about wolf-Nerwen probably keeping Shasta alive. She seems a bit wrong to me, but I'm leaning towards thinking she's innocent.

Rikae: Exactly like Mac -- seems creepy to me. Not sure why but I never trust her.
Post 256 not a lot in there really. Plus I"m getting shorter on time

Post 264 votes Nerwen again, who was a wolf.

Post 293 is rather interesting in light of my new theory and it fits with Eomer's typical playing style. He is the one that points out we may have a new wolf on our hands and seems to piece the Valier thing together. A fairly clever thing to do for an innocent or a wolf but very bold if you were the cursed turned the night before because who would suspect that person of bringing it up? He says something about a little bird giving him an idea???

Post 314 states he doesn't understand what Boro means when he suddenly switched on considering me innocent because Valier was the hunter and he could talk to her and the hunter only would kill a wolf. Now this post is fine because Boro hadn't explained himself and I was confused too.

Post 321 Now Farael is on his list as well as the Might. Mac has dropped off but Rikae stayed. You obviously don't want to drop your suspicion all together of your fellow wolves but he is adding others and dropped one of the two wolves.

Post 347 he somewhat defends Mac by stating he doesn't understand why all this uncertainty revolves around him.

I really am out of time now but I remember it was around this day that Eomer began sticking out to me and I noticed some things that seem odd to me. Of course, my theory is that he was turned on the second night and we know that he wasn't protected. It seems to fit that the wolves, obviously, are after the seer first and foremost and with labelling the 3 remaining wolves as suspicious it would have screamed SEER to them. It is probable that they attacked him based upon that.

I'm fairly confident that either The Might or Eomer is the remaining wolf
Old 01-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #493
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I suppose that it's understandable that it has been quite quiet toDay, given that our choice of lynch victim is obvious. Still, it would have been nice to hear a bit more from everyone, particularly as we are most unlikely to have a trusted Farael to bounce ideas off toMorrow. It's a shame that more have not ventured an opinion on whether the last Wolf is an original or the Cursed since, outlining our thoughts in this regard could well help us to find him or her.

Some thoughts on what has been said toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Because I wasn't sure if I manage to post later and suspect Legate. That simple.
Well, coming up with such a detailed analysis so early on did look rather sinister, but I can see merit in your explanation. My main problem is that you paid scant attention to any other possibility. Rather than considering other possible Wolves, you concentrated on Legate almost exclusively. And, even since Farael revealed him to be no Wolf, you have not really offered any other thoughts, save to suggest that Legate might be a Cobbler. Even if you are right, there is (as both Farael and morm pointed out) little sense in us lynching someone who is not a Wolf, as he numbers among the innocents for the purposes of victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
You seem a little too eager there to claim your share of the credit for Mac's demise for my liking, young Might. And you seem rather reluctant to say much else toDay. It helps us little for you to merely sit by the sideline saying that you will look at what happens toDay and think about it toMorrow.

Quote:
I just said that I'm going to have to wait until I take a better look at the others and see what is posted toDay first.
That's all very well for you, but it hardly helps us assess you, does it? Save to draw conclusions as to your possible reason for remaining relatively quiet toDay. Which ain't doing you any favours, to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Nonchalant? What a non-reason. It worked out, didn't it?
Yes, and neither of the choices available to us yesterDay was ever going to be fatal. But that didn't stop most of us agonising over trying to make the right decision. The wrong one would have been a setback. Your nonchalance could be seen as an attempt to disguise a Wolfish annoyance over the revelation of your fellows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I must agree with Farael here: Saucepan's reasoning for his vote looks bad. I would have expected such a common-sense and practical player such as he to vote for Macalaure, who was never going to be a Seer, over Farael.
I thought it likely that a Seerish Farael would be killed overNight, as, if Boro was the Ranger, he most probably had saved him the Night before (and the Wolves would have known that). I was, in any event, more focussed on trying to decide which was the Wolf, and I concluded that Farael looked the more Wolfish. Rightly or wrongly, I set a lot of store by the voting record, and Farael's voting record looked a lot worse than Mac's to me.

Given what has happened toDay, the Might is now nudging equal to Aganzir in my suspicions.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #494
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
... and SPM I'll be seeing you in my dreams!!
Sweet dreams, Farael.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #495
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There's something that doesn't add up. The wolves know whom they attacked the night before I revealed. The wolves would know then whether BOromir was blufing about having protected me the night before.

If he had protected me, the wolves would've attacked me a second night straight which would've meant that Boro would've been unable to protect me anyway.

So it begs the question, Why am I still alive?

My only thought is that Boro did not protect me the night before... which in turn means the wolves did not attack me either and so they took out Boro last night 'cos he WAS able to protect me.

But if Boro did not protect me, and yet there was no death that previous night... who was saved?

I looked through Boro's posts last day but I could not find any information there... only thing that comes to mind is that if Valier and him were not able to communicate, perhaps that the wolves attacked Mormegil and he protected him that night.

Of course, he couldn't say that, as he had to hope to keep up the bluff and perhaps the wolves would've attacked me and he would've protected me.

So right now, I'm thinking Mormegil is almost certainly an ordo!

Edit: I used some awful grammar there... not even grammar, it was just poor English.
Edit 2: Typo.... seems my brain's off today.

Last edited by Farael; 01-02-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #496
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Morm, there's really not a lot I can say about your points against me. They are pretty interesting. All I can reply with is that the pieces fit, but the picture is wrong. You've made me pleased with myself for my wolf-spotting prowess. But the wolves never attacked me. Actually, at that point in the game I could not have dreamt of all those wolves; and the wolves weren't too interested in me because I never made a strong case against one of them. Even my Nerwen votes were not especially reasonable, rather lucky. The wolves obviously picked Farael as the Seer before me, and they picked right.

By the way, the "little bird" thing was not a devious reference to a 'twist'; rather, it was a reference to my experienced Werewolfing-girlfriend who supplies me with all my brilliant points and arguments.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #497
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Is there still confusion over the narratives? I just saw the Night 4 narrative now, because it had been added.

Macalaure was the cursed villager.

Night 2: Shasta killed.

Night 3: Ranger protected Macalaure (know this by process of elimation -- see below)

Night 4: Macalaure attacked and turned (see narrative).

Night 5: Boromir killed.

This explains all ambiguities. Boromir protected Macalaure on Night 3; then someone else on Night 4, possibly Farael; but the wolves couldn't be sure and killed Boromir instead.

If the cursed was turned on Night 4 (which we do, because of the narrative) then Mac had to be innocent on Night 3 (because of the successful Ranger protection).
Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #498
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nice try Eomer, but you forgot to take into account that I dreamt of macalaure the ngiht BEFORE That, meaning the night you say he was protected. So he was already a wolf the first night there was no kill

Edit: And it seems I posted after the deadline for a couple minutes, sorry
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #499
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye Day 5 ends...

There was no question who would die. Rikae made no attempt to defend herself and allowed herself to be bound to a post in the middle of the square.

"Why did you even show up?" asked Isabellkya.

"I am prepared to meet death," answered Rikae. "Plus, I wanted to have a bit of fun."

And fun she had. Throughout the day the debate was interupted by her declarations. Was she telling the truth, lying, or mixing the two together?

"I think we should just ignore her," said SPM.

But at last they could ignore her no longer. It was near sundown, and the deed had to be done.

"Now can I use my sword?" asked Eomer. "I didn't get to yesterday!"

"Sure," said Farael.

"You'll never win!" screamed Rikae. "You're all doomed! DOOMED!!"

*thunk*

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

The Departed-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- found out on Day 3 (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
Rikae, midwife/wise-woman- executed on Day 5 (WEREWOLF)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 6. YOU MAY NOT POST
Old 01-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #500
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye The final gifted....

"Master, why will you not permit me to slay the Seer? We both know-"

"I have told you NO already!" said the fog to the last Werewolf. "The Seer knows it is time. He will come to us."

"But if he doesn't?"

"In that case, I will allow you to seek him out, and have a bit of fun with him."

Farael sat on the edge of his bed, contemplating the past few days. He had been successful- almost too successful to be believed. The village had gained a significant leg-up on the Werewolves, despite there being a total of five of them.

But perhaps things would change now. For he, the last of the gifteds, was about to leave the village behind and force the residents to fend for themselves. But then surely they can catch one Werewolf he thought. And yet he couldn't shake the thought that this final Werewolf would not be easily discovered.

At last Farael stood up and made ready to leave. He packed his most precious belongings, including his books on Seer methods and history, and walked out into the night.

As soon as he left his home, he heard it- the Voice from the outside. It had somehow found a way past the fog to speak to him. "Go not forth!" it whispered desperately into his ear. "The fog awaits you! It cannot touch you within your home! Stay!"

But Farael dismissed the voice and continued on his way, away from the land bridge and towards the middle of the lake. Soon he found himself on the very bank where Nogrod had met his fate. Farael pushed into the water the boat that Nogrod had attempted his escape in, and then lowered himself into the boat and began to paddle.

As the distance between himself and the shore increased, he saw the final Werewolf emerge from the shadows of a shack and pad out onto a rock that jutted into the lake.

"My Master is expecting you!" it snarled.

"I know," answered Farael.

"Soon evil will stand alone in this village! The innocent stand no chance now!" taunted the Werewolf.

And with the gift of sight that was granted to him, Farael answered, "They never did. And yet that is not an evil."

"What madness do you speak?!" yelled the Werewolf, confused and angry.

But Farael did not answer as his boat disappeared into the fog.

The Werewolf heard a muffled splash, and then the fog spoke with a great voice.

"The way is cleared for you now. The village is yours for the taking. Leave none alive!"

As the Werewolf made its way back to its home, the Voice spoke to the Master of the fog. "This is no victory for you, so do not claim one. You have been overly cruel, and your spirit is tainted for it."

"How can one such as you chide another for cruelty," answered the fog. "Is cruelty not an art that you have perfected?"

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

The Departed-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- found out on Day 3 (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
Rikae, midwife/wise-woman- executed on Day 5 (WEREWOLF)
Farael, conspiracy theorist- surrendered to fog on Night 6 (SEER)

ANNOUNCEMENT: From this point on, Roles will not be revealed upon death.

IT IS NOW DAY 6. YOU MAY POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 01-03-2008 at 09:06 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #501
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Farael was, of course, correct. I was wrong. Thought I had it but...

No time to post much now. Back tomorrow. Currently confused about that weird narrative (not to mention most other things in this game!) No roles will be revealed? For what reason? With no gifteds left and just one werewolf....

... it's all a bit worrisome.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #502
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Whoa. This is indeed interesting. Why are not the roles revealed upon death? If we lynch the last Werewolf, we are going to win, right? Unless, unless there is some other Werewolf? Or something Twisted? What if the wolfishness will pass onto yet another person when the original wolf is killed? This is the thing that immediately came to my mind, yet I am not sure whether it isn't too bold assumption, as that will be certainly quite drastic.

There is the thing that tp told us not to put too much into the narrations. Yet all these conversations between fogs and other voices are rather unnerving when one does not exactly know what is supposed to be going on. You know, like "you have not won" "but you are twisted" "and you are as well" and all these talks of Rikae "you will see" (whether we choose to trust her or not) and anyway, we were promised two twists, and this far nothing (actually, now I looked at the rules and tp says there "a couple of individuals will be given..." till this point I had stuck in my mind that there will be two twists, probably stemming from the word "couple", but now it seems it could mean some not precisely defined value).

Anyway, the objective is still the same: to find and lynch a Wolf. I don't know what are we going to do if we lynch him (and we don't know we did so) and the game does not end, but whatever. Then we just keep lynching each other until only one remains. Hey, what if there is a player who is supposed to survive even longer than the innocents? Okay, again, assumptions... It's late here now, but I will be back in several hours and offer something productive for the Wolf-hunt.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #503
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I don't know what are we going to do if we lynch him (and we don't know we did so) and the game does not end, but whatever. Then we just keep lynching each other until only one remains.
That’s not so far fetched, you know. Do you not know your Werewolf lore, man? Have you not heard the tale of the village where both Werewolves present were lynched early on, but the villagers were not told the role of the second? Kept lynching each other they did, even though they were all ordinary innocents, with a death duly occurring each Night, until only one villager was left. I know. Because I was that villager. And one of the last three remaining was none other than the phantom mod himself (and the instigator of such madness his guest narrator).

Are we really surprised about all these mysteries? After all, we came here knowing that all would not be as it seemed. Yet, we have nevertheless slogged away lynching a Werewolf a Day (save for one off Day) with aplomb. Does it not seem mighty strange that we have been so successful? Although we have also the Wolves themselves to thank in part, seeing as how they have been at each other’s throats so much. Two rival packs of Wolves might explain it, as that has been known too, but why then only one death (if any) each Night? Farael speculated that Mac and Rikae may have been Lovers, at odds with their pack-mates, yet Rikae did not die immediately upon Mac's demise.

And then there is the mystery that Farael and Eomer began to unravel even as the sun set yesterDay. Eomer was correct. According to the narrative, the Cursed was turned on Night 4. I had missed it because of the delay in the explanation of the Night’s events (we were, at first, told only that three Wolves remained), and because I later assumed that Farael’s theory that Boro had saved him that Night was correct. And so the Ranger must have been successful on Night 3. Yet Boro told us that he protected Mac that Night, while Farael told us that was the Night that he dreamed of Mac and found him to be a Wolf. Neither (as far as we know) had any reason to lie. How could Mac be both a Wolf and saved by the Ranger on the same Night? Competing Wolf factions might again explain it. Or perhaps Boro did not protect the person that he thought he was protecting, which might point to the presence of some other powerful influence in the village, apart from the Wolves.

And what about the Fog and the Voice? The Fog, it seems, is Master of the Wolves. But the Voice doesn’t seem to be entirely on our side either. Might this too point to two packs of Wolves?

And finally, we are now told that no further roles will be revealed. As has been said, what could be the point of that if only one Wolf and no Gifteds remain? Again, it would suggest that there is another present who, while not necessarily on the side of the Wolves, may not necessarily have the village’s best interests at heart.

I raise these questions not to solve them, for we have little chance of doing that with any certainty until this village has played out its own tale. If I had to settle on an answer, the competing Wolf factions theory (whether rival packs or Lovers) would seem the most likely explanation. But we cannot be sure. It will, I think, be worth bearing in mind that there may well be one (or more even) here present who, while not Wolfish, have their own sinister agenda to pursue.

Still, there is little point in dwelling at length on these questions. The best thing that we can do right now, I guess, is find the one Wolf that we know remains.

One thing that we do know from the facts (as far as we can ever be sure of anything in this village). If the Cursed was turned on Night 4, it cannot have been Nogrod, Nerwen or Mac. The Cursed was either Rikae, in which case she was awakened on the very Night that Farael dreamed of her and found her a Wolf, or it is the remaining Wolf. I find the latter more likely.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #504
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Well, it's really late here, 3:15 AM to be exact, but you know, this may well go in the addicted to the BD section. I just needed to check the WW and see what was going on.

Just read SPM's post and I really think that he is right. What if we really had two packs that knew nothing of each other? That would be indeed a twist...

And what about this fog. Why isn't it the Shade or the Flame or whatever name a wolf has...why is it this fog? And this voice? Could it be that each side has an avatar like figure that somehow controls everything? I don't know...

As for the idea about everyone simply lynching each other till the end, I find that quite disturbing... I mean who really wins in the end then? That's somehow not really WW in the end, but just a madness. On the other hand, TP knew that Rikae was going down toDay and so that one Wolf would still be surviving so he might have planned this before and waited until this time.

So...what if the Wolf is killed and nobody knows? Well, hope that won't happen.

Now, I realise that besides talking about these interesting twists I haven't really said anything accusing others in this post, but sorry, the beer has taken its toll and I won't start now.
However, sometime during the Day I will try to post something about those I suspect most.

Sooo...good night till then!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #505
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quiet here, innit?!

So, as I said, our best bet is to carry on trying to find the last Wolf.

Legate: Given the circumstances, I am inclined to trust him less than I usually would a known innocent. But, the fact that Farael dreamed of him does not make it any more likely that he has a secret role. If he is truly benign, he will probably die toNight, so there is not much point in speculating further about him at this point.

Aganzir: I am still suspicious of her, for reasons stated previously. What with all the Wolf-on-Wolfs we have had, I still don’t trust her Day 1 vote for Nogrod. But I would like to hear more from her. Given that there is no point in pursuing Legate toDay, Aganzir, what are your thoughts on everyone else?

Eomer: One of my main causes of concern over him was his switch from pursuing Nerwen to voting for The Might on Day 3. But, since it is now clear that the Cursed joined the Wolves on Night 4, that is no longer so relevant. Other than his calm demeanour on Day 5, which is hardly damning in itself, I haven’t seen much else to concern me. Not high on my list of priorities toDay.

Isabellkya: With her, I come back to that vote for Mac when his fate was all but sealed. There is little else to go on though, since she has been relatively quiet, although that in itself may be telling. Wary of her but, again, would like to hear more from her.

Kath: When I thought the Cursed had been turned on Night 3, I thought her concerted vendetta against Nerwen an indicator of likely innocence. That’s no longer the case. The timing of her vote for Mac still speaks in her favour, but it could have been a very clever move for a Wolf looking to make it to the end on her own. Still not high on my list of suspects, but I will nevertheless be keeping my eye on her.

Mormegil: As the Days have worn on, I have found myself trusting morm more and more. He speaks a lot of sense and comes across as genuine. That, of course, is how the last Wolf no doubt wants to come across and it would be dangerous to overlook morm. I have not forgotten the way he voted for Farael and then switched to Mac on Day 5. It looked to suspicious to me at the time although, if he is a Wolf, it did have the effect of preventing him from saving Mac, had the opportunity arisen. On balance, I am still inclined to think him more likely innocent for now.

The Might: Another one from whom I would like to hear more. A whole lot more. His reluctance to engage in trying to find the final Wolf yesterDay looks bad to me, as does his early defence of Nerwen. He tarries high in my suspect list.

Still, we have the best part of a Day to go yet, so I'm hoping that there will be more to go on when I return.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #506
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Would the game not end when we lynch the last Wolf?
Unless there is some other thing we need to get rid of, but then that would make it six anti-villagers.

Just a heads up, I'm not feeling very well and so I'm going to head to sleep.. even though it isn't 7pm yet here.. I will try to be back here tomorrow before the deadline.

X'd with SPM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #507
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
That would be indeed a twist...
Not a new one, though.

Quote:
That's somehow not really WW in the end, but just a madness.
Too true.

Quote:
Now, I realise that besides talking about these interesting twists I haven't really said anything accusing others in this post, but sorry, the beer has taken its toll and I won't start now.
However, sometime during the Day I will try to post something about those I suspect most.
Well, don't leave it too long. Your thoughts at this time would be most welcome.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #508
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I must take back my earlier theory of Eomer as it seemed to fit really well with the night 3 as he really did seem to switch but I agree with SpM, that since it was pointed out in the narration, my theory doesn't fit with the evidence. I'm reluctant to not suspect him as he doesn't sit right but I won't be voting for him today. My vote remains for The Might as his post today is again unhelpful and I feel he could be avoiding saying anything incriminating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
One thing that we do know from the facts (as far as we can ever be sure of anything in this village). If the Cursed was turned on Night 4, it cannot have been Nogrod, Nerwen or Mac. The Cursed was either Rikae, in which case she was awakened on the very Night that Farael dreamed of her and found her a Wolf, or it is the remaining Wolf. I find the latter more likely.
Saucie, you have been fairly lucid on your guesses but this section quoted above made me think a bit. I wonder if the wolves had the option, so to speak of who was there cursed and on a predesignated night the remaining wolves were able to pick. If Mac began as a wolf, which seems very apparent now, then it is probable that he picked Rikae on the 4th night. The trade off would likely have been that while you get to pick who is your wolf you don't get a kill that night. It makes sense that he would pick Rikae due to their RL stuff. As with SpM these are ideas and cannot be proved but may help explain things. If this is true, for example, then we have a wolf on our hands from the start, if not then we need to find the cursed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
I have not forgotten the way he voted for Farael and then switched to Mac on Day 5.
For what it is worth, I was, like most, very confused at the time. I thought it wise to try and keep things equal so as to continue to apply pressure to both parties. My gut told me to keep trusting Boromir and he was really the only of the 4 I trusted. So his plea for me to switch sounded desparate but genuine so I decided to follow him.

As a whole I would really appreciate hearing more from Kath, Isabell and The Might.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #509
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had almost thought I could escape the fog by flying, but here I seem to approach the village again.

First, how on earth can you know if the cobbler counts as innocent? Some people here seem to be almost too certain about it. If it's usually so, it doesn't mean it's so in this village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Might
What if we really had two packs that knew nothing of each other? That would be indeed a twist...
Why only one kill or no kills at all per Night then?

I have ridiculously little time at the moment, but here we go.

Eomer - Inclined to consider him innocent.
Isabell - As for whom I suspect of wolvery, she's my top suspect at the moment. I don't like her posts on the last two Days- too much like a wolf who knows she's about to be the last wolf standing and isn't sure how she will manage it.
Kath - I'm not sure about her, but she looks more innocent than guilty.
Legate - My thoughts are the same as yesterday, and I don't really care if I'm suspected because of that. I think Legate is one of the twists, and an evil one- and my opinion is that we could afford lynching him.
morm - Likely innocent. I don't repeat what has been said about him (Farael and Saucie at least), but I mostly agree with them.
Might - He's quite much his normal self and thus suspicious. But there's something same as with Isabell- some kind of reluctance. It looks like he's trying to appear helpful while trying not to be helpful.
Saucie - The one I trust most at the moment.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to return toDay, so I vote now.

++ Isabell

I'm sorry I haven't been very useful during this and yesterDay.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #510
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Is it possible that we have some kind of duelling wizards? The fog and the voice being the people in charge of separate packs of wolves. Because we either had some very bold wolves determinedly trying to get themselves lynched to put others in the clear (with the wolves we've seen revealed I would still think that's possible) or we had rival packs who weren't aware of it until someone they didn't know was a wolf got lynched.

But if the latter were true does the remaining wolf know about it's master/mistress, and does the whichever it is out of the fog/voice that no longer has a pack have any impact on the village. Perhaps this is why we are no longer seeing roles upon death. It would certainly be an interesting twist.

But, whatever the case, we do still have a wolf to find. I do wonder how this game will end though, I thought it must when we found the final wolf but if there are extra, almost 'higher up' roles ...? Who knows?

As to this final wolf, who among us is left.

Agan
Izzy
Legate
Eomer
Sauce
Might
morm

I don't know who out of those I would peg as a wolf. There have been a couple of arguments against Legate that I will go back and have a look at. Unfortunately though I have been left with most of the people on my 'no idea' list, which isn't particularly helpful.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #511
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
If Mac began as a wolf, which seems very apparent now, then it is probable that he picked Rikae on the 4th night.
I agree that, if the Wolves had a choice, then Rikae would have been a likely pick. I also think that, if she started out innocent, Mac would have been keen to hunt her in any event. It’s quite possible, therefore, that she was the Cursed. My problem with this, though, is on the timing. If Rikae was the Cursed, she was turned on the same Night that Farael dreamed of her. We can’t be sure how this would work, but it seems likely that Farael would have dreamed before the Wolves attacked. If so, then surely he would have seen a Cursed Rikae as innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
First, how on earth can you know if the cobbler counts as innocent? Some people here seem to be almost too certain about it. If it's usually so, it doesn't mean it's so in this village.
Yes, but we don’t even know if there is a Cobbler. I agree that it’s possible that Legate could be the subject an evil twist, but it’s no more likely than anyone else, to my mind. We do, however, know that he is not a Wolf. And our best bet is to try to find the last Wolf in the hope that this will produce a village victory. I really don’t like your insistence on Legate here.

Nor Kath’s …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
There have been a couple of arguments against Legate that I will go back and have a look at.
Why? He’s not a Wolf.

OK so, by my calculation, we have three Days of lynching until things become critical (imponderable evil twists aside). While it would normally be too late to consider lynching one of the quiet ones on the basis that he or she is a quiet Wolf, I tend to think that it is a ‘luxury’ which we can currently afford. I have concerns about both The Might and Isabellkya and I somehow get the impression that those concerns are unlikely to be dispelled in whatever time I have left in this village. I am therefore currently inclined to vote for one of those two toDay.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #512
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay. Following the example of several people toDay, I'm posting my list on people after reviewing what I could.

Aganzir- My thoughts on her have not been made better, even after her last post when she seems to hold tooth and nail to the sucpicion of me even while I am a proven innocent. At this moment let me also add on this topic that whatever twists there are around, I find it quite an easy for a Wolf to discredit a known innocent by labeling him as cobbler or whatever. By the way, if I were a cobbler, surely Farael would have seen that? I don't like the way Aganzir keeps going after me, thus giving herself an image of stubborn innocent. Anyway, as it was said before, as I am known innocent, I am probably dead toNight. Hopefully that will be proof for those unbelieving among you that there is indeed nothing twisted about me. I only pity that due to these rumours the village cannot make as much use of a known innocent as generally can be. Maybe it is good in that my points are double-checked and not blindly believed, which would be also dangerous, however there is some line and being a known innocent and still being suspected by several players is quite frustrating.
Eomer of the Rohirrim- I am not sure neither of his innocence nor guiltiness. There is something strange about him, but it is something... elsewhere, elusive. Not near to labeling him as wolf, however. I suggest watching him only in case he is some Twister.
Isabellkya- Not particularly suspicious about her. There are things like her vote for Mac which could have been the vote that did not have any value, as I said yesterDay, but that does not necessarily have to be true. By her behavior, I am rather inclined to trust her.
Kath- Kath is very sneaky in general, well she is always like that. I can't actually remember her as a Wolf, I remember her only as a lover, and her performance seems still the same whatever the case. So, nothing particularly positive about her, but also nothing negative.
mormegil- Seems trying, working, as a morm should; and also due to what our Gifteds said and how he acted seems more like innocent and I am inclined to trust him, as most people here seemingly do. The only thing was, as it was remembered before, his retraction on Farael, but that's a single thing and he even spoke about that, so whatever.
The Might- his behavior lately may be lazier, but that, I believe, could be said about more people in this village. I see his behavior even lately may have raised suspicions about him from certain people, yet I am less suspicious of him that I was before because his behavior is certainly more "Mighty" than he was at start.
The Saucepan Man- he seems more reasonable lately, however, I am still aware of him as I suspected him in the past and am not willing to throw it away.

So, that's about it. I will soon have to leave and will be back probably only very shortly before the DL, so I will probably cast my vote now just in case - probably for Aganzir. Nevertheless, I am quite sure there will be still time for me to pop in before the DL. I will try to provide the village with as much advice as I can for the likely scenario that I am dead toNight.

EDIT: x-ed with SpM
Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #513
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I agree with SpM in that by continuing to worry about Legate so much we are wasting time. I personally feel that he could be a cobbler Agan, so I agree with you there, however, I am not worried too much about what he can and can't do. The simple fact remains that the most likely way for the killing to stop is to get the remaining wolf. Although my concern of Legate is that if he wants us to consider him a known innocent then it would be nice if he acted the part a little more and gave some more helpful infomation and suspicion. Everybody in his last post seemed to be labeled as 'I tend to think them innocent but I could be wrong so...'

If I saw something more solid from you, perhaps I would be a little less beliving that you are indeed a cobbler which could be a hidden twist in the village.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #514
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Although my concern of Legate is that if he wants us to consider him a known innocent then it would be nice if he acted the part a little more and gave some more helpful infomation and suspicion. Everybody in his last post seemed to be labeled as 'I tend to think them innocent but I could be wrong so...'

If I saw something more solid from you, perhaps I would be a little less beliving that you are indeed a cobbler which could be a hidden twist in the village.
That's nice, but you know, it's kinda depressing that it seems at least you and Aganzir don't trust me anyway. And I am, of course, not posting anything for certain, because I can be never certain - only a wolf or, indeed, a cobbler could do it with "clean" conscience. But when I know that I most probably die toNight, I am afraid to place things I am not sure about as sure. I believe I said what I wanted to say - the general views on all people is there, and I wouldn't say it is the way you say it. You probably don't read it well, apart from Kath I have quite good pictures about everyone, and as I said, surely I will post something at the end of the Day. And we have only one wolf now, and my thoughts are really that it is Aganzir. Now I have to leave, so I vote

++Aganzir

But will be back. Keep it up. Think.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #515
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm surprised anyone is talking about Legate. Let him give us what he will and leave him to his (probable) fate tonight. The suspicion of him, at this stage, seems to do little but cloud the air.

I am suspicious of the 3 girls, mostly intuitively.

However, the most rational suspicion I have is of The Might. His voting pattern is not good: not simply because it was me he voted for, but because the nature of those votes were complete throwaways; it appeared he was trying to be original and not just voting for a suspicious character, or for good reasons. He defended Nerwen rather too much, plus his posts are usually lacking in contributions.

I think there's a great chance he is the last wolf.

++THE MIGHT
Old 01-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #516
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Aganzir, your 'reasoning' behind voting me is rather weak, you have no case. Have you forgotten so quickly that for three Days straight I went after Nerwen? Yet you were actually trying to save her.

In regards to speculation about my vote against Mac; it had nothing to do with reluctance. Deadline is 2pm my time, that day I had awoken rather late because of staying up late at night.

++ Aganzir

Part revenge, as well as she has been trying to divert attention towards others; her cases against Legate and I are rather weak.

X'd with Eomer.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #517
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Aganzir, your 'reasoning' behind voting me is rather weak, you have no case. Have you forgotten so quickly that for three Days straight I went after Nerwen? Yet you were actually trying to save her.
My playing is based very much on feelings and intuition, and I can't help if you strike me as a werewolf. That's the same reason I have kept going after Legate- and the same reason I kept suspecting Mac while quite a number of others said my case against him was far-fetched, improbable or whatever.
But I guess it's not too easy for anyone to come up with a good case when you're abroad and have about one hour a day to read everything, post and vote.

But as for this post of yours... The first thing you do when you are voted is to remind everyone how you were one of those who were most after Nerwen? I am shown in bad light compared to you because I considered her innocent from Day 1 on.
I could actually say the same to you: have you forgotten so quickly that I have voted for a wolf every single day? But in this village it means absolutely nothing. Normal werewolfing laws don't apply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
Yes, but we don’t even know if there is a Cobbler.
If Legate is not a wolf, he's some kind of a cobbler. I have never been this certain of someone's role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
By the way, if I were a cobbler, surely Farael would have seen that? I don't like the way Aganzir keeps going after me, thus giving herself an image of stubborn innocent.
But that's what I am.
I asked Farael if he could see the twists but he didn't actually answer me. Unless this counts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I take it that Farael didn't know if he dreamt of a twist. I am sorry to ruin your happy day as a known innocent, but that's what my gut tells me to do.

-- Isabell
++ Might

Because there's more chance that I can save myself by voting him than Isabell.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #518
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I have just rereviewed all of The Might's 12 posts and must say that it did nothing to dissuade my decision to vote for him. I think it it probable that he has taken the quiet wolf approach especially consider the other wolves were fairly vocal and it didn't do much to help them out.

Isabell's last post however, has me a bit worried, but not enough to put her over The Might on my suspect list.

++ The Might

Edit crossed with Agan
Old 01-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #519
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Well, just a few thoughts on everyone before I go to eat:

Agan - seems quite suspicious, especially because of this constant harassment of Legate, who is a known innocent (even though possibly cobbler)
Izzy - no clue really
Legate - well, he's known to be an innocent
Eomer - not very suspicious anymore
Sauce - guess he's an innocent too and his posts don't look very wolvish
morm - again no clue
Kath - same goes for Kath

As much as I might think about all kinds of strategies I must admit that in the end I don't have a clue as to who from those remaining is the last wolf.

Anyway, since I don't have any other big suspicions and since it seems to be the only likely chance to not get lynched I'll have to go ahead and vote for

++ Aganzir

Anyway, in case I'll get lynched I wonder what the others will think tommorow...since I know I'm not a wolf I guess all might think that I was the final wolf and start fearing some madness in the end.

Sorry for again being a let down, I really must try to post more stuff, but somehow making some cases isn't really my strength except when I know someone is a wolf...maybe next WW.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #520
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Although my concern of Legate is that if he wants us to consider him a known innocent then it would be nice if he acted the part a little more and gave some more helpful infomation and suspicion. Everybody in his last post seemed to be labeled as 'I tend to think them innocent but I could be wrong so...'
You know, that doesn’t really surprise me. I feel much the same way every time that I look at each villager. I can see arguments for each of you being the last Wolf and counter-arguments for each of you being innocent. This is often the case in Werewolf, but it’s particularly the case in this village, given all the strange things that have happened (multiple Wolf-on-Wolfs and all these mysteries). As a result, I am rather lost here myself.

I am therefore still edging towards voting either Isabellkya or The Might, as I feel that I have a better chance of reading the rest of you in the Days to come. My suspicions of Aganzir have actually eased off somewhat in light of her recent contributions. As she herself points out, she has voted for a Wolf every Day. I really cannot believe that there would be that many Wolf-on-Wolf votes. And I don’t think that the last Wolf would draw so much attention to herself by insisting so resolutely on Legate’s guilt.

My preference would be to lynch Isabellkya, as I don’t like her reasoning for her vote for Aganzir. And I am not sure about The Might. He seems to be on a mission to give away as little of his thoughts as possible which, again, would be risky for the last Wolf as it draws attention to him. However, with the tally 3 votes for Agan and 3 votes for Might, a vote for Izzie would be pointless as matters stand. If that continues to remain the case, I will have to vote for The Might, as I see him as being a more likely Wolf than Aganzir.