Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2003, 02:48 AM   #321
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Maika: Have them come in as they would. The Wild Men will not see them, their camp is in the forest, and theyhave a temporary retreat.

As far as timing, when I post Laurel leaving the Wild Men camp, you post for the army arrival, that way Laurel sees them just as they are arriving. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #322
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ok, let me try and sort out all my mistakes now that I'm back.

Yes, I know the two aren't related, but the I figured the father was in such a state, plus he had been given charge of Elena so he'd be worried about her as well.

About knowing Fiona's name - I don't know. Maybe she asked a settler somewhere what the man's kids names were. It was just in there so I had to put it there in my post.

Alrighty then - if you want me to edit out ever finding the two girls, just say so and I'll go cut it.

Anything else?
Old 09-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #323
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I don't know about Manan, but I think it would be fine if you just said something like 'we were worried about you, you have to come with me'. Or if it's easier you could just edit it out. You choose.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-02-2003, 11:26 AM   #324
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Sounds fine with me, Lyra. I just wasn´t sure about the whole father-thing. But that sounds good. And Kryssal, was I being rude?! I´m sorry!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #325
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Oh, not - not rude at all! Problems need to be fixed and those who made them are the ones who need to do it.

Hehe, I found out where Lanaey found out Fiona's name - Elena said it right before she found them. I knew I had it for a reason.

Ok, so Lanaey needs to still catch up with Laurel in that post and the girls probably shouldn't be there since we've already moved past that point in the story line.

What do you want me to do exactly?
Old 09-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #326
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

I guess you should edit the whole "father post" into a "girls we were so worried post". Drag them to the Swan House (you may want to include Fiona is paralized [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and put them to bed. I´ll post after that.

Okay?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:14 AM   #327
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

"Girls" aka Lyra&Manardariel + Kryssal - we may have a pretty big problem here. Ok, if I remember correctly Fiona and Elena 'escaped' on the night of the second day after the attacks. (This happened in real time before the current plotline with the Gondorian troop had formed in my little head.) So, now we're in a situation where that day hasn't ended yet in the Swan House, but what's more important: the House will be empty before nightfall. That means the girls couldn't have took on their little 'adventure' from the House that night 'cause they wouldn't have been there but in the caves on the hills.

This seems a difficult problem to solve... We have moved so much further in the storyline with your posts discribing these happenings far back on the thread. The easiest thing to do would be that I took my latest post and edited it so that the evacuation would happen the next morning. I don't have an idea why they would linger at the House so long (while that's obviously a very dangerous business in those circumstances)... But I guess I'll think of something.

So, Tara, what say you?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:27 AM   #328
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

hmmm...that is a toughie. Could the posts for Elena and Fiona be edited so they leave during the day? That way when Taralphiel looks about the House to see that everyone has left, she sees the note?

Im going to look back on the posts now and see what else I can come up with

Apart from that, all is good?

Aylwen: Checks your PM's [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TRR: Please post for Ohtaredan. I need this done so I can continue for Herebrand.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #329
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Sounds fine with me. I´ll edit sometime tonight, okay?
Old 09-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #330
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Mathom Collector has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

::hangs head in shame...again, probably::

I'm so sorry.

Classes have just started up again for me and I'm super busy, but I'll post for Ohtaredan tomorrow night at the latest. Sorry for the delay!
Old 09-03-2003, 05:16 PM   #331
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Perhaps it's because I've been away, but I don't understand! What's happening?

And Manan- who was the man in the barn? Sorry, I didn't spot your post before. Maybe Kryssal should just edit us out and we'll have a reunion in the barn? Perhaps? Any ideas what we'll do for the rest of the time?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #332
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Lame time lines. Anyway, they did seem to get from the house to the village rather quickly. I mean, it isn't as if they're right next to each other or anything.

I will edit out Lanaey meeting the girls just because it looks as if that won't happen with us trying to fix the time line.

If there's anything else I need to fix just tell me.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 PM   #333
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Manan: Thanks for that!!!

Lyra: What part is confusing you? Let me know and Ill check it out for you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mathom: Thanks for letting me know. A posts ASAP would be appreciated.

All else good?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:05 PM   #334
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Hang on, now I´m confused too. Check this idea. Just a suggestion.
How to solve this problem
  • 1) Lyra and me delete our posts (maybe just keeoing the apple one), Kryssal edits out the finfing
  • 2) Elena (?) does a post about the evacuation
  • 3) Whike they´re off to the caves, Fiona decides she´s going looking for her family
  • 4) Barn-scnene. Unification with the fathers and porridge
  • 5) Girls, parents at all rejoing Swan House gang.

Any good? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #335
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Why do we have to delete? Why can't we just go on with the barn scene from now? I mean, I know time has passed- how much, by the way?- but we can always do it in retrospective. For example:

Elena: Wow, Fiona isn't it great that we managed to find your family?
Fiona- Yes, and good to know that or father's are off fighting for our safety. Also my brother's wound is getting better now which is nice.

Obviously not quite like that, but you understand right? Then we could go off to the caves? Perhaps bump into someone who says "Why aren't you at the caves?" and then that could be our next 'thing'.

Does this make sense?
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM   #336
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Err...

Hey everyone! I'm very sorry about my delay in filling in my save post from yesterday evening. This morning my computer contracted a few viruses, then I had school, then a cross-country meet and then my dad worked things out so I should have the post up tonight sometime. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 PM   #337
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

My post is already deleted and right now I'm confused with the last post, TRR's I think - where/when did that take place????
Old 09-04-2003, 09:27 PM   #338
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Kryssal: Hmmm...I am too....TRR could you change it so Laurel is carrying weapons and supplies? Thanks!!

Lyra: Your suggestion for a retrospective post does sound logical. I am a tad confuzzled about it, but as long as you find your family, and find possible someone who will tell Taralphiel you are safe, the alls good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 04, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 09-05-2003, 03:13 AM   #339
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arghhhhhh! I HATE my computer! *Kicks Computer*

But...

I did eventually get my darned post edited. Hope its okay. I just don't know what's wrong with my computer anymore...and its just the internet on my computer, not anyone else's in the house. I'll probably relocate to my sister's laptop today until my fix-it all dad gets another look at this computer.

Ugh.

Sorry for the long wait, Tara!
Aylwen

[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 09-06-2003, 12:02 PM   #340
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Tara: Okay, I've posted but I'm buggered as to what the actual times are. I've looked up and down the discussion and RPG thread and I'm caught between the Army's arrival being the 10th day--according to one half of the RPG and the 7th--according to the other. If anyone can clarify? I'll insert the correct time and day. Thanks!

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-09-2003, 04:06 AM   #341
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ooh, thats a roughie...a three day gap? Lemme look back at the thread and see what I can come up with...

EDIT: I planned the arrival of the army to conincide with Laurel being there. I cant seem to find any incdication of the changing of days in the RPG thread, so Ill use that point to be the catch up.

Laurel and Co left in the mid afternoon to evening to get Cartil, so they would have the cover of darkness. They would return jusy before dawn. Laurel is now sleeping, so when she wakes up, it will be well into the morning?

Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I could be missing things, just let me know if I am.

Ive decided I will put a post in for Lady Taralphiel to get things moving, and also for Cuor.

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 09-12-2003, 08:43 PM   #342
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Tara, if you put on a second post for Cuor I think that it got erased somewhere along the line because you only have a ~*~.

Are we still trying to fix all the glitches?
Old 09-13-2003, 12:31 AM   #343
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yah, its because I havent put it there yet. Im still working on what I want him to do next. Nows not the perfect time for him to jump in *smiles*
Old 09-27-2003, 01:54 AM   #344
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Time to get planning...

Could everyone get up to speed post wise. I would like everyone that is at the Village to witness the coming of the new army. Laurel will be doing that soon.

Im sending a 'PM spray' about to all of you to see how youre going as far as your chara's.

Lets start the cleanup folks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tara
Old 09-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #345
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

PRESENT!!!

Tara: What do I need to do? Is there something I need to post? clarify? I got your PM and I'm still a bit hazy on the times ... should we just make a compromise time to stick to?

Alright then, on we go!

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #346
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I went through the thread just then. I havent got and clear idea on number of days, but I think Ive got the rough events

This is the most recent day passed

Midday to Afternoon: Ilisit found, Rohirrim return with Leena, Fiona and Elena still wandering (they had left the night before)

Evening: Laurel goes to rescue Cartil with the Elves. Annanondowen rides out??

Night: rescue comes back.

Morning: Laurel is back and has rested. Is about where we all should be now.

If anyone thinks this is off, lemme know

The army comes in morning time yes?

After a post from Aylwen, Laurel will head outside, and will probably be talking with Lanaey when they arrive...
Old 09-28-2003, 01:32 PM   #347
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I stated that it took Annanoldowen three days to reach the Swan Wood village and the army arrived the morning after Cartil was rescued. That would mean it would be four-five days after Annanoldowen left the Swan House.

I don't think this works. What should I change? What if I took out my post and re-posted it when the days catch up? It would just be impossible for Annanoldowen to leave Swan House, get the army, and return to the village in one and a half days.

-Maikafanawen
Old 09-29-2003, 12:06 AM   #348
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay, now I understand. Yeah, that sounds like a plan Maika. I suppose it would make it easiest if you copied that post completely and put it in when the timeline fits.

Is that all solved then?

Any more problems?
Old 09-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #349
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I hope that was OK? Is making it evening alright?

Your turn Manan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-30-2003, 05:36 PM   #350
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Wait - have we solved the 2 girls time paradox yet? Or are we kinda ignoring it?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #351
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Kryss: I think we have just ignored it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I looked the posts over, and I dont see an obvious problem. So it should be fine?

Lyra: Are you in the caves? If so, you would have had to have run into Annunfuin...
Old 10-03-2003, 04:25 AM   #352
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

They're on their way to the caves. This was what Annun said about using Annunfuin when I asked:
Quote:
You're welcome to use Annunfuin in your post! He'll lead the refugees of the Swan House to the caves and then head for the Village to meet Laurel
So that's what I posted. He was the old man (I don't know if Elena ever knew his name).
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-03-2003, 11:49 AM   #353
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Right-O.

Umm....I don't mean to be dense, but I am. Are we starting on the new day yet? New day for Lanaey and the village I mean.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Kryssal ]
Old 10-03-2003, 10:47 PM   #354
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thankyou for that Lyra [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think its about the middle of that day anyway....Laurel slept through the morning.

I'll get some posts up soon
Old 10-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #355
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Okay, I deleted my post. Tara, do you just want to let me know when it would be a good time to go back up?

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-05-2003, 03:14 AM   #356
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Yup, that sounds good. Just checking though, I'll let you know in three days Swan Wood time yes?
Old 10-07-2003, 03:49 AM   #357
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just to let you know, Im going to edit my last post and add in posts for Herebrand and Ohtaredan (TRR PM me if you see this) as well as Cuor.

Just to let you all know, after a post from Kryssal, Im setting up a general meeting for all soldiers to attend. That will happen before the army of Gondor arrives.

Annun: Perhaps Annunfuin could storm in then? Up to you, I know youre busy

Aylwen: Would you like to put in a post for Cartil before Laurel pops out? Again, up to you.

I also put in something with Cuor running into Gorath and Galain. He'll run off, and the brothers will find Laurel and tell her. Maika, you dont need to post for Gita, she'll come in later [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 AM   #358
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I'll wait a day or two for Cartil to reply, then I'll pull Laurel out and give the parameters for the meeting.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #359
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tara,

It sure is time for Annunfuin to 'storm in'! Whatever it takes I'll write that post soon.

BTW. I have added a little something into my latest post (way back on the thread); the refugees haven't arrived at the caves yet but I'll get that part done soon also.

*curtsies* That's all for now...

~Annun
Old 10-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #360
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Quote:
I'll let you know in three days Swan Wood time yes?
I think so. It will have to be no less than five days since Annanoldowen left the House. So that sounds right, yeah.

-Maikafanawen