The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Ring Has anyone here ever met anyone from the lotr cast?

I have! Last week, Andy Serkis was on a book tour, and was near where I live. I stood in a line that went all the way through the mall for 3 hours! It was well worth it though. He was signing his new book, "Gollum". I thought it was a pretty good book, for a memoir type thing. It was sooo awesome!<BR>So have any of you met any of the cast?
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There are threads similar to this in the Movies forum. I know, because I have posted in them before.<P>I am very happy you got to meet Andy. He is a very cool person. I have gotten to meet him and many others from the films, and they all have been very nice people
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 AM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I once started a thread about meeting the actors. Obviously it's lost now, having not been active for about 9 months...<P>I still swear that I was in a shopping queue behind David Wenham.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:37 AM   #4
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm going to be at Mardi Gras in February, and Elijah and Dominic are going to be guests of honor in two different parades. Let's see if I'm lucky enough to meet them. If I do, I'll definitely let you all know how it went!
Old 01-19-2004, 03:49 PM   #5
Arwen Evenstar

Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Sting

Enedbelethiel, you`re sooo lucky! I would love to meet Elijah, but I would give just about anything to meet Dom! He`s so awesome!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I still swear that I was in a shopping queue behind David Wenham. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>That would be cool! David Wenham seems like such a nice guy.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:00 PM   #6
QN_VICTORIA
Pile O'Bones

QN_VICTORIA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I meet Liv Tyler, and I must say that she it much more beautiful in person. She is soo sweet, and down to earth. She greeted me like an old friend of hers.. oh I meet Elijah when he was a kid as well, we were about the same age. I think we were at some store, and my mom points him out and says "Hey that's that cute little boy on Huckle Berry Fin, or whatever, I don't really remember So I guess that doesn't count..?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Last week, Andy Serkis was on a book tour, and was near where I live.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>You wouldn't happen to live in Utah, would you? He was at a store here too; it was so great to meet him, he's a really cool guy. Have you read his book all the way through yet? So good. I really enjoyed it.<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-20-2004, 05:44 PM   #8
Arwen Evenstar

Sting

Sure it counts QN_VICTORIA! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Have you read his book all the way through yet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The first day I got it! He is such a funny guy! Some of the the things he said had me rolling on the floor with laughter!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:59 PM   #9
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I got to meet Billy Boyd. I almost had a heart attack, queued for ages but it was great. He signed my book He was very friendly and polite, even though he'd been meeting people for hours.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #10
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I got to meet Billy Boyd.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! *fume* Aw, I wanna meet Billy... *wanders off to sit in a corner and cry*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 01-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #11
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

A few months after FotR came out, I was downtown (I live in Las Vegas if you didn't see my location) and I saw Sean Astin and his family at a theme park. I didn't talk to them, but just seeing him was cool!
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:12 PM   #12
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I have met Sean Astin (at Comic-Con), Ian McKellen (at Seattle Aids Walk), Andy Serkis (Comic-Con), Richard Taylor (Comic-Con), Brad Dourif (local RingCon), and Craig Parker (local RingCon, he is a hoot). Additionally at Comic-Con I was about 20 feet away from Dom and Elijah, but the line got cut off in front of me so I wasn't able to meet them (but I did get to see them in the LOTR presentation) <BR>They have all been very cool people (except for Brad, he was just a tad bit bitter)
Old 01-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #13
QN_VICTORIA
Pile O'Bones

Sting

I really wanted to meet Dave Wheham( or however you spell it?..FARAMIR) but he's a lot trickier catch.. <BR> My sister has recently meet Orli, she said he was really sweet to her.(that and she's a model) but she said his g/f Kate, I think, wasn't all that pleasant..
Old 01-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #14
Arwen Evenstar

Sting

I want to meet Billy, Dom, Viggo, and Sean Astin sooooo bad! (not to mention everyone else) You guys are soo lucky! Oh well. A lot of people probably never will meet anyone. None of my school friends have.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:06 PM   #15
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Victoria, if I had a boyfriend like Orlando Bloom, I'd keep him under lock and key! I wouldn't blame her!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:34 AM   #16
QN_Victoria

1420!

Hey no aguements with you there..., <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>[IMG]action: JGEP[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2004, 01:42 AM   #17
james_of_y0rkshire

Sting

What's up with this Bloom guy. He's no diffrent then any other man !
Old 01-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #18
Arwen Evenstar

Sting

Orlando is very good looking, but personally, I`d go for Dominic Monaghan, Johnny Depp, or even Billy Boyd. They`re not bad looking (especially Johnny Depp), and I go more for personality.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:22 AM   #19
QN_Victoria

Sting

hardy har har James, but no it was not I who commited incest, else I wouldn't be here today, she was the one who died over two hundred yrs. ago, <BR> N-E-way I agree with you Arwen..Johnny Depp, very good-looking(as for personality I'm not too sure about his, he's a French sympathizer & isn't to crazy about the Germans or English for that matter) but still sweet non-the less.. I would also have to add Elijah Wood, he seems like a well-mannered guy.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:37 AM   #20
james_of_y0rkshire

Sting

Yes, Yes, alright Victoria..<BR> N-E-way I did have the fortune to meet the whole cast..well the four hobbits(Elijah,Sean Astin,Dom,and Billy) Orlando Bloom, Viggo and uh..shoot what's his name Hugo Weaving.. My cousin was an extra on set he played a Urk-hai(he's a professional stunt man) So he got a few behind the scene passes.. They were all cool..Billy,DOM,and, Elijah were a riot all day.. Sean was being safety conscience as usual, and Orlando was flirting with anyone who looked like a girl. Viggo was a real gentleman, his son Henry and I were chatting about the books(he really knows his Tolkien ), and Hugo was polite, very scarcastic, nice guy
Old 01-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #21
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

Haven't met any of the LotR cast per se, but I met someone who was involved in the movie, and important to it as well.<P>Guess who...........Alan Lee! It was my pleasure to meet him <I>before the trology came out</I>. He was at a book signing (a book called "The Art of Tolkein").

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #22
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

People I have met:<BR>Sean Astin, Brad Dourif, John Rhyes-Davies, Craig Parker, Mark Ferguson, Bruce Hopkins (twice), and Daniel Falconer (not one of the actors, but super cool!)<P>People I'd love to meet (and shall some day, dangit!):<BR>Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, Miranda Otto, Viggo Mortensen, Cate Blanchett<P>Oh yeah! And I'm going to see Howard Shore in Columbus in March
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #23
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Wow, Haward Shore. Don't forget to congradulate him on his Golden Globes for me.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:17 PM   #24
paavo
Shade of Carn Dûm

paavo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to paavo
Sting

I wish I lived in the u.s.a. You all have at least a small chance to see someone from the crew. But there is no hope at all that someone like David wenham would get lost and come here to Finland! I quess I just have to live my life through you guys!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:36 PM   #25
yare nande

Thumbs up

oh man tigerlilly you are incredibly fortunate...i would absolutely go insane if i could see howard shore conduct...*sighs rapturously* im a hard-core cellist myself and i adore his music wholeheartedly...i suppose ill have to settle with the ROTK soundtrack track 7....
Old 01-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #26
QN_Victoria

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I wish I lived in the u.s.a .. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There's nothing that we don't have that you probably don't.. Celebs are just regular people like everyone else, just got blessed with more privliges. I'm sure they worked hard for(some more than others) Oh by the way <I>James_0f_yorkshire</I> That wasn't a very nice thing you said about Orli
Old 01-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #27
james_of_y0rkshire

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> By the way James_of_y0rkshire that wasn't a very nice thing you said about Orli <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey! The truth hurts your Royal Highness.. I was just kidding, he was a I guess what you American's would call.. sweet guy
Old 01-28-2004, 09:19 AM   #28
Bandobras Took
Pile O'Bones

Bandobras Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I once met veggo at a coffe shop in stonington. One of his homes is not far from my home. he is a real nice guy. i have an autograph on a napkin!
Bandobras Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #29
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

I met John Rhyes-Davies in Seattle in Dec 2002 when he attended a tree-conservancy fundraiser early showing of TTT.<P>Who I would love to meet is Miranda Otto!
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 07:08 PM   #30
Arwen Evenstar

Sting

No way, James_of_y0RkshiRE! That is sooo not fair! <BR>Bandobras Took, you`ve met Viggo?! That is so cool! I want to! <BR>
Old 01-30-2004, 02:44 PM   #31
james_of_y0rkshire

1420!

Yes, It pay's to know people in high places I'm j/k I didn't get to meet Liv, she was always out filming at some other location, and rarely on set I would give anything to meet David Wenham, I find him quite fasinating if you know what I mean kidding again
Old 01-31-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
QN_Victoria

Sting

James your a bit full of yourself Your story about meeting the cast seems somewhat highly unlikely
Old 01-31-2004, 05:41 PM   #33
Glaurung

Sting

I've actually met Billy, Dominic and Elijah. I was so over joyed. They're really nice in person. Shake your hands, kiss your cheeks politely.<BR><a href='http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008' target='_blank'></a>
Old 01-31-2004, 05:46 PM   #34
Gil Galad
Haunting Spirit

Gil Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gil Galad Send a message via Yahoo to Gil Galad
Sting

My great uncle fought with Tolkien in WW1 does that count?

Certainty of death, small chance of success... what are we waiting for?- Gimli ROTK
Gil Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:40 PM   #35
QN_VICTORIA
Pile O'Bones

Sting

whoa... that's <B>waaay!!</B> <I>better</I> than meeting the whole cast, crew and director all together I heard thats where Toliken started writting the first rough drafts to Lord of the Rings, your great uncle might have been an inspiration to one of the characters. How exciting
Old 01-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #36
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

A relative of mine was friends with Tolkien; he was an English professor at Oxford University. I suppose it counts...<P>I would love to meet Billy and Dom. And Sean Astin as well, considering I've always loved Sean's acting and he's always been one of my favorite actors.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:49 PM   #37
Sangal

Sting

wow you seems to be very lucky who have met actors. I hope my wishes of meeting the cast will come true one day too.<BR>Has anyone met anyone from Tolkien's family?
Old 01-31-2004, 07:58 PM   #38
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Few weeks ago when i was in Sydney i went to see Dance of Death with Sir Ian, so that means i was in the same room as him, does that count?

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote