The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #761
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I haven't voted.

I do not like the idea of being lynched just so we can be safe. I'm not a wolf, and I think that's pretty clear to everybody. I think that Lommy and I are both innocents, so I honestly don't see any reason to lynch us both along with the other less known people.

In otherwords, I'm really not in the mood to be sacrificed for the 'good' of the village.

-- Foley
Old 09-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #762
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I don't know that we're going to lynch you Foley. I don't even know if we're doing a single/double/triple. I just think we may as well have the flexibility.

If you don't want to vote, you don't have to, but just let me know for certain if you're going to vote Shasta or not. If not, I'll vote for him. If you say you're not going to vote but then vote to upset the tie, that will look like sabotage and then you'll pretty much be guaranteed dead.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #763
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

You know, never mind Foley. I'll just go ahead and vote, as it may be a bit risky for me to leave work without voting just in case something happens to slow my trip home.

I will vote Shasta. You can abstain.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #764
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I believe I've given enough warning to avoid a cross-post vote. Here it goes-

++Shasta for Rep
Old 09-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #765
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, so unless I am mistaken, we have all three Reps tied at three, meaning that REP VOTING IS FINISHED.

I'll definitely be around more for the second half of the day. See you later.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #766
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was more referring to Lommy's suggestion of killing six people tonight.

It's okay, Phantom. I was uncomfortable voting this evening for some reason, anyway.

-- Fols
Old 09-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #767
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Your Reps are Phorc, Shasticle, and Nerworc at three votes each.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #768
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, Reps. Whatcha gonna do?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #769
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oh, by the way– I am the Orc of Unknown Allegiance. I did not reveal previously, because I wanted to see how people would play if there was still a shadow of a doubt.

Shasta and phantom are innocent. (Or if they're not, Mira's in biiiiig trouble.)

If you're curious, her last dream was Foley. I don't know the result, of course.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #770
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

So Shasta and Phantom were dreamt of, and you only know their innocent because of what she put in her post...well, that's good.

She knew you were working for her side, but she didn't know who you were, so we aren't sure why she put you in her list of innocents.

How many nights did she live through? I mean, did she get three dreams and then on the fourth night she was killed? I can't remember how many nights there have been, and I don't have time to look...

My question is to find out if she could have dreamed about a wolf?

-- Foley
Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #771
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
So Shasta and Phantom were dreamt of, and you only know their innocent because of what she put in her post...well, that's good.

She knew you were working for her side, but she didn't know who you were, so we aren't sure why she put you in her list of innocents.
No, I was Mira's third dream. And I'd guess the list was partly to let me know who she was. That's how it worked: I wasn't told who the Seer was, just who dreamed.

Quote:
How many nights did she live through? I mean, did she get three dreams and then on the fourth night she was killed? I can't remember how many nights there have been, and I don't have time to look...

My question is to find out if she could have dreamed about a wolf?

-- Foley
Only if you're a wolf, Foley. You were the fourth dream, on the Night she was killed. No, I don't know why she picked you to dream about.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #772
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Voting breakdown first three days

THE REP VOTING YESTERDAY:
Green-->Inzil
Foley-->Green
Kath-->Inzil (2)
Legate-->Rune
Steve-->Rune (2)
Lommy-->Nerwen
Rune-->Kath
Shasta-->Nerwen (2)
Inzil-->Green (2)

The voting recap I gave of the first three days already implicated Green and Inzil, and yesterday they voted for each other yet again? Can it really be that simple? Especially considering his waiting to vote yesterday until last- like he was hoping to save Green but in the end had to hop on the train and pretend as if he threw the first stone. I mean- why would he vote Green anyway? I recall he was pointing fingers at Rune and I just before that, and showed no signs of voting Green in the lead-up. So why else would he have that vote sitting on his screen ready to fire unless to make himself look good?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #773
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Only if you're a wolf, Foley. You were the fourth dream, on the Night she was killed. No, I don't know why she picked you to dream about.
Oh, alright then. I've already said I wasn't a wolf/elf/thing, so I won't bother you with that story again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Especially considering his waiting to vote yesterday until last- like he was hoping to save Green but in the end had to hop on the train and pretend as if he threw the first stone. I mean- why would he vote Green anyway? I recall he was pointing fingers at Rune and I just before that, and showed no signs of voting Green in the lead-up. So why else would he have that vote sitting on his screen ready to fire unless to make himself look good?
I don't think so. He said he cross posted with Rune and Nerwen, and I don't think a WW player here would be so dishonest as to cover his tracks by saying he cross posted when he didn't. Therefore, he thought he was voting for Greenie first.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #774
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I see that there's been some interesting things happening. However, I just got in from work, I haven't had a meal in around 9 hours, and I'm tired. So, for the moment I'll just respond to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Zil
Interactions with Lottie: Very little data, but she seems to talk rather "personal" about him, while all he says about her is commenting something Lommy has said. Weird.
Interactions with Greenie: Uh. She keeps the cover of being unable to read him all the time, wishy-washes on whether to rep-vote him or not, light suspicion on both sides until Zil goes turncloaks and votes her quite randomly. Mutual rep votes. Looks very bad but I wonder if they'd really discuss that openly if they were fellows...
"Personal" with Lottie in what way? And there really wasn't much to discuss with her on Day 1. I didn't like her vote for tp, and I thought I made that clear enough otherwise.

As for my rep-vote for Greenie, it was unplanned. I had a healthy amount of distrust for tp, and she was one of the ones he did not have on his "wish list" for rep, which made her an appealing choice.
My vote for her lynch was due to Foley's last-ditch pleas to save Nerwen. Since I already had thought Foley was likely innocent, that made me think she could be the Seer. Therefore, I went with Greenie.

x/d with Foley
Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #775
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
The voting recap I gave of the first three days already implicated Green and Inzil, and yesterday they voted for each other yet again? Can it really be that simple? Especially considering his waiting to vote yesterday until last- like he was hoping to save Green but in the end had to hop on the train and pretend as if he threw the first stone. I mean- why would he vote Green anyway? I recall he was pointing fingers at Rune and I just before that, and showed no signs of voting Green in the lead-up. So why else would he have that vote sitting on his screen ready to fire unless to make himself look good?
Interesting point. I argued earlier that Rune was the more likely Elf of the two, because his vote was forced, but I suppose you could say Zil's was too, in a way– that is, I (along with Foley) was putting pressure on Rune to vote Greenie, and making it clear I was likely to vote her myself. And he couldn't very well have voted me.

He could have just held his vote though, and hoped for a tie.

Thing is, it all happened very fast at the end there, and I think everyone's votes crossed. So it's hard to tell what was going through people's heads– whether for instance it would have been clear in time that Greenie was going down.

EDIT:X'd since tp.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-24-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #776
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading, and my heart is the OoUA? Priceless.

Also, after skimming, several things Eonwe has said today have shot him up my suspicion list. I'll do my best to explain, but I'm less than coherent at the moment because I have tons of... scavenging... to do.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #777
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The OoUA shall henceforth be known as special!orc, as that's what I've been calling xer in all of my behind the scenes dealings. More specifically, xe shall be known as... Sporc.

Though given traditional ME naming processes, does this necessitate that the father is Phorc?

*Sleepy!mod is sleepy and silly*
Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #778
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Regarding Rune yesterday, from my perspective it's hard to say much about him at all, as both of the remaining voters (Inzil & Nerwen) looked likely to vote for him, and good or bad he'd want to find anyone to hop on board with.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #779
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, I was going to do an analysis of Greenie, but I realise I can't add anything to Legate's or Lommy's. The nature of this game is such that the wolves are less likely to leave trails to each other, since only a few people can lynch–vote each Day. There's rep-voting, but that cuts both ways– the two known wolves each voted an innocent for rep on Day One, after all.

If we pick one person to lynch toDay, I rather fancy Steve. That said, there's cases to be made for and against everyone. And we have no Seer now. I'm just saying, we could always lynch the lot of them.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #780
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Besides, it would be historic.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #781
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Interesting point. I argued earlier that Rune was the more likely Elf of the two, because his vote was forced, but I suppose you could say Zil's was too, in a way– that is, I (along with Foley) was putting pressure on Rune to vote Greenie, and making it clear I was likely to vote her myself. And he couldn't very well have voted me.

He could have just held his vote though, and hoped for a tie.

Thing is, it all happened very fast at the end there, and I think everyone's votes crossed. So it's hard to tell what was going through people's heads– whether for instance it would have been clear in time that Greenie was going down.
I had no idea who was getting lynched when I voted for Greenie, but I was pretty convinced that Nerwen and Zil would vote for either me or Greenie. So my only two choices it seemed was to vote Greenie or Nerwen.

Just when Greenie cast her vote I considered voting for Nerwen, but didn't because 1) I didn't have the guts*. 2) It would be highly unproductive to settle a lynch so early before the discussion had gotten proper started.

Anyways I am afraid that I won't be around to defend my self today as I have to tend a family celebration.

*Guts = I was not sure about Nerwen (This being the most important of the reasons), I was afraid of being let by a SoE like a mindless sheep and I was afraid of the implications if I once again jumped on to the idea presented by somebody else aka afraid the vote would look bad.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #782
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
If we pick one person to lynch toDay, I rather fancy Steve.
Do you have any reason for that?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #783
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Do you have any reason for that?
Well, there's the Greenie-issue– why did she go for me instead of you?

And toDay you're overly doubtful of Mira's innocent-list. And when discussing whether phantom might be the OoUA, you are at pains to point out that the OoUA's identity can't be proven, which makes me wonder if you were considering a false reveal. And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Lastly, I have a phantomesque plan. Since we have six unknowns and three known innocents who are going to be our reps, wouldn't it actually make sense to group lynch the six of us?
Do you really want to end the game now, and without even 100% evidence? You seem a bit too certain that Phantom, Nerwen and Shasta are innocents, and even if they're much closer to 'proven' innocents than everyone else, they're not. And anyway, where's the fun that?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #784
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Are reps allowed to withhold some of their votes? Even if they're not, we can lynch six people at one vote each, and then if the game continues we'll know the survivor's a wolf. And there'll still be two innocents alive toMorrow.

Or is this too unsporting? (Because, as we all know, Orcs are so deeply concerned with honour and fair play. Oh wait...)

Thoughts?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #785
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
If we pick one person to lynch toDay, I rather fancy Steve. That said, there's cases to be made for and against everyone. And we have no Seer now. I'm just saying, we could always lynch the lot of them.
If you all decide on one, I'd say Rune over Steve.

Quote:
Are reps allowed to withhold some of their votes? Even if they're not, we can lynch six people at one vote each, and then if the game continues we'll know the survivor's a wolf. And there'll still be two innocents alive toMorrow.

Or is this too unsporting? (Because, as we all know, Orcs are so deeply concerned with honour and fair play. Oh wait...)

Thoughts?
I don't know about the "unsporting" aspect. "All's fair," etc., maybe. That's up to you reps. It could certainly bring a quick end to things.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #786
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Well, there's the Greenie-issue– why did she go for me instead of you?
Well, you were her top "suspect" after Sally the previous Day.

Quote:
And toDay you're overly doubtful of Mira's innocent-list.
All I said was that it's not 100% certain, and so maybe not worth the entire game. And this was before you'd revealed to back it up.

Quote:
And when discussing whether phantom might be the OoUA, you are at pains to point out that the OoUA's identity can't be proven, which makes me wonder if you were considering a false reveal.
Well, it can't be, can it?

And for that matter, how do we know that you're really the OoUA? You just basically used the names from that list and added Foley. Anyone could do that. Or alternatively, you could be the OoUA who turned to the elves and is faking an innocent choice. All I'm saying is that certainty is a luxury we can't afford in this game.

Quote:
Also, are reps still in effect when there are 3 people left? Because then, if the scenario you suggest were to happen, the elves would win.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #787
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin thread
The orc of unknown allegiance appears as as such to the seer, should xe be dreamt of. If the seer dreams of xim before xe chooses sides, the seer will be updated as to xer side once xe has chosen.
According to this, there's no way Nerwen, Shasta, or I is an evil special!orc, right? Because Mira would've seen us as such and also been notified that we had chosen to be evil, correct?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #788
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
According to this, there's no way Nerwen, Shasta, or I is an evil special!orc, right? Because Mira would've seen us as such and also been notified that we had chosen to be evil, correct?
Correct.

And Steve, as for this theory of yours that I might be an imposter– who do you suppose it is, then?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #789
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Steve- if you truly fear Nerwen is bad, we can have her split her votes first.

Which three are you looking to vote for, Nerwen?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #790
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:

Which three are you looking to vote for, Nerwen?
*shrug*

Well, I'm definitely thinking of voting for Steve now. Not sure about the others... Maybe Rune and Kath. (That's fairly random, by the way.)
Old 09-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #791
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sorry for being absent all day. I took a test this morning that last several hours and then I came home and slept for two hours because my sleeping time last night was cut so short...

I just want to reiterate that I'd rather live than make history today.

I suspect Steve, too - have since yesterday. I think Kath is potentially a wolf. I don't distrust Inzil or Lommy....Rune still has a question mark in my mind. Let those three be your work. Who else am I forgetting?

Now I am off to wake my sleepy brain and do some homework. *sigh*

-- Foley
Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #792
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

As requested, I'll vote first.

++Steve++
++Kath++
++Rune++

And now it's up to phantom and Shasta what to do.

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #793
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So Nerwen- you are leaning towards voting Steve, Rune, and Kath.

That leaves Inzil, Folwren, Lommy, and Legate for Shasta to choose his three from. I can take care of whichever person is left over. If we're doing the multi-lynch thing, I don't really care who I vote for.

(EDIT: x-post, never mind then about "leaning towards", the votes are cast)
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #794
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I just want to reiterate that I'd rather live than make history today.
Foley, why does it matter so much to you? If you're innocent and we lynch everyone, you win.

EDIT:X'd with phorc.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #795
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So Nerwen- you are leaning towards voting Steve, Rune, and Kath.

That leaves Inzil, Folwren, Lommy, and Legate for Shasta to choose his three from. I can take care of whichever person is left over. If we're doing the multi-lynch thing, I don't really care who I vote for.
Just remember: in case you two change your minds and decide not to lynch everyone, make sure you don't end up leaving exactly two unknowns alive. It would be a pity if they happened to be the Elves.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #796
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
No, I don't actually think she's evil. I was just pointing out that she doesn't have any proof of her role. In fact, because of her sensitivity on the issue (i.e., saying it's bad that I mentioned that you can't prove it), I'm inclined to believe her.

And anyway, if the plan really is to go ahead as planned and she wasn't the OoUA, I think the real one would've revealed by now.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #797
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Foley, why does it matter so much to you? If you're innocent and we lynch everyone, you win.
Well, with that logic, why don't you play even safer, and let the phantom lynch both you and Shasta?

edit: Or was that already his cunning plan?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #798
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Not a wolf. But not averse to dying in a massive bloodbath to make history if you're going for this lynching 6 people thing!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #799
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I am just around now and, well, do I get it right that the plan is to lynch everybody except the three folks? Not that I am against winning the game, but I have to join the ranks of those who think whether it isn't it a bit... lame way to do it? Although I know, people's participation in the latter days hasn't been so strong, and who knows how it would continue anyway. Well, at least let me say that I think that if by some ununderstandable trick more than one of the "known innocents" are Wolves, it would definitely be more memorable. Or, I would put it this way: at least this kind of victory is not going to be the most memorable thing for me about this game, if it's done that way... it's quite random.

But yes, if you think it's "safe" way to do it...

And if phantom lynches all people like Steve said, and inflates his ego so that it bursts, I think he at least accomplished his goal and can be happy with that memory for the rest of his life...

For whatever, I am probably leaving now anyway...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #800
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm up for this, I think.

++Lommy++
++Legate++

Phantom, I'll let you pick between Folwren and Inzil. Or vote both, if you like.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote