The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye Tol-in-Gaurhoth XIX: Ang Sagang Daga, bow.

It has been a fortday and a fortnight since the Prophet Nilpaurion ascended the cloud-crowned heights to obtain the 'rules' from the Mod God himself. The villagers watched the spectacle, betting among themselves whether Nilp would still come back or not. A few of the hardy ones (stalkers, if truth be known) dared to climb the mountain after the Prophet, but were turned back when bolts of lightning came down from the clouds surrounding the mountain.

Ened-in-Nowhere would have been a shocking sight for an Atani from beyond the village, a Man who had lived in a time when the golden ship of Arien had scarce a hundred years of sailing in the firmament. But this was no ordinary village; many of the rules of Physics and morality were allowed to be bent, even broken, so long as it was written in an italic fashion. But this was about to change.

Slowly, the mists surrounding the mountain dispersed, and the figure of the Prophet can be seen. In his hand were two stone tablets. He stopped short of the foot of the mountain, raised the tablets, and cried:

'Hear now, O villagers of Ened-in-Nowhere, the laws from our Mod God.

'There shall be two phases in this game: DAY and NIGHT. By the DAY every villager shall talk among themselves in public, and cast their vote. The person who receives the most votes shall be lynched. The Mod God shall allow two persons to be lynched in a DAY, but not more. If three or more persons are up for lynching, the first two to get the highest number of votes shall be consumed by fire from Menel.

'Votes shall be cast in this manner:

'++Meneltarmacil

'Votes must be in a separate line. Unlike the Mod God, his Prophet is not all-seeing.

'By NIGHT the thread is closed to all but the Prophet of the Mod God and anyone to whom he gives permission to post.

'You shall have four Werewolves in this village, and they may talk among themselves DAY and NIGHT. At NIGHT, they shall kill one of the villagers. The Werewolves shall win if their numbers equal the number of the remaining villagers, unless the Lovers are still alive.

'You shall have two Lovers in this village, one from the ranks of the villagers, and one from the Werewolves. They shall PM each other but once during the DAY and once during the NIGHT, for their love is a secret love, and a deadly one. The Lovers will die together--if one is lynched, or killed by the Werewolves, or struck dead by the Mod God, the other shall join him in the gloom of underworld. They shall win if they are left together with but one person, be the survivor innocent or guilty.

'You shall have two Seers in this village, and they may talk among themselves DAY and NIGHT. At NIGHT, they shall dream of a villager, and his true aspect shall be revealed to them, save the role of the Lovers. The Werewolf/Lover they shall see only as a Werewolf, and the Ordinary Villager/Lover they shall see only as an Ordinary Villager.

'All out-of-character comments, regarding absences, discussion of rules, usw, must be placed in the original Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread.

'Death to anyone who goes absent for a whole DAY without prior notice, unless he redeems his life by giving the Prophet a very good excuse for his absence.

'Death to anyone who does not vote for three DAYs.

'Death to anyone who does not post for three DAYs, be his absences excused or not.

'Here is the full census of the village:
dancing spawn of ungoliant, a laundress
Kath, a turtle-farmer
Lhunardawen, a Dark Elf (literally)
Caranlondien, a lumberjack
tar-ancalime, a witch
Cailín, the town gossip
Celuien, a psychiatrist
Naria, a midwife who goes ever so slightly mad with each birth
Valier, a small, sweet sheep-shearer
Lalaith, a rich young widow
Thinlómien, a mushroom-picker
Garin, the town surgeon and barber
Formendacil, an unemployed person
littlemanpoet, a stone-cutter
Glirdan, an unemployed person
Farael, an escaped mental asylum internee who suffers from chronic suicidal tendency and conspiracy theories
Anguirel, a wood-madman
Eomer of the Rohirrim, the royal musician
Gurthang, an arrowsmith
the guy who be short, a Nilp fan, stalker and impersonator, also a fisherman
Eonwe, a wayfaring stranger
SamwiseGamgee, the town bank manager
'Remember the invisible mode, and keep the box ticked.

'It is now a NIGHT. The Mod God expects a name from the Seers. DAY shall begin tomorrow, 8:30am GMT.'

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 03-16-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye The First DAY

The golden sap of the dead Laurelin, borne in the vessel of the Maia of Fire, tinged the peaks of the mountains of the East. Ened-in-Nowhere slowly stirred from its previous NIGHT's slumber. dancing spawn of ungoliant hastened to Nilpaurion Felagund's hut, wishing to apologise for her absence in their nightly stargazing. The laundry of the rich young widow, Lalaith, had taken her a long time to finish. At the threshold of his hut, she stopped dead in her tracks, for she had heard weeping inside the hut. She opened a crack, peered in, and saw the guy who be short inside, his beard torn off and scattered all around him. His was the sob the laundress had heard. She opened the door, and was to ask him what he was crying about, when she saw from the corner her eye Nilpaurion. She shrieked and fainted.

When she had regained consciousness, all the villagers had gathered to the Prophet's hut, inspecting the grisly scene before them. The Prophet was dangling from the ceiling. Around his neck was loop of rope. On the rope was the label 'XVI.' His body was pierced with pitchforks (labelled IV) and beaten with sticks (labelled VII). On the wall behind him was written the following:
++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Adam!
'Werewolves had lynched him,' tar-ancalime, the witch, divined, 'Four Werewolves, and an alter-ego, to be precise.'

the guy who be short wailed loudly. He had taken one of the pitchforks and was now hugging it as he cried. dancing spawn of ungoliant said:

'So, he's dead. I have to die, too, right?'

The stomachs of Cailín and Lhunardawen turned at that statement. Eomer of the Rohirrim answered the laundress:

'Nay, Lady Spawnowen. The Mod God had commanded that his prophet and a player cannot be the Lovers.'

'Dommage,' she muttered. 'Let's get these Werewolves, then.'

The scroll of the census was changed:
Nilpaurion Felagund, the Prophet of the Mod God, was lynched by suspicious means on the first NIGHT.

Those alive are:

dancing spawn of ungoliant, a laundress
Kath, a turtle-farmer
Lhunardawen, a Dark Elf (literally)
tar-ancalime, a witch
Cailín, the town gossip
Celuien, a psychiatrist
Garin, the town surgeon and barber
Farael, an escaped mental asylum internee who suffers from chronic suicidal tendency and conspiracy theories
Anguirel, a wood-madman
Eomer of the Rohirrim, the royal musician
Gurthang, an arrowsmith
Eonwe, a wayfaring stranger

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 03-16-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril After a long while of trying to suppress her turning stomach...

The Prophet lynched! Deliver us, oh ModErutor God!

My deepest condolences, fair dancing spawn. I pray that you do not succumb to your sorrow and go suicidal as his ancestors once did; instead gather your strength and courage. We shall avenge his death.

Now before anything else I want to make my occupation of Dark Elf (literally) clear. Think me not a spawn of Morgoth...that's just my skin color! Honest!

With that aside...If I may suggest, please try your darndest not to spread your votes too much. Day Ones, though worthy of 's, tell us much later on, and they would be more helpful in tracking voting patterns if the votes are not cast against half the village on the first Day. It makes sense, trust me.

And let us be very careful with the law of the double lynching.

Hmm...I think we should look at one such daga'y in our village. He could have been too enamored of our dear Prophet until it came to a point that he wanted to be Nilp himself and so killed him.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 03-15-2006 at 03:30 AM. Reason: inspiration ;)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A grievous morning indeed. I have taken the stricken tgwbs to my cottage and given him comfrey tea for the shock. I hope he will find the strength to join us soon.

I too have a suggestion.
Ened-in-Nowhere is a big village, the most numerous, I believe, to be found anywhere in Hildorien. Some of us like to speak, others do not.
I would urge, especially in these early stages when so many of us are still here - that the quiet speak out at least a little, but that the naturally eloquent temper their urges to speak at great length.
Those of us who are innocent and truly wish to comb the evidence for clues, may find screeds and screeds of posts overwhelming. And the quietly guilty may easily hide amidst general loudmouth clamour.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:39 AM   #5
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Werewolves in our town? And four of them, no less? A secret love? Nilpaurion dead and Dancing Spawn in disarray? Oh, how perfectly delightful! I mean - horrible of course, absolutely dreadful. Yes, yes, too bad everyone already knows, huh?

Though I might have some other interesting titbits to share. For example, I'm not entirely sure whether Spawn is not simply faking her grief. She always lets her window open at night, silly girl, maybe hoping something furry will sneak in? And how about dear Lalaith - the circumstances of her husband's death were vague, we all know this.

And if I'd tell you all I know about Eonwe… and Farael… oh you would shudder, I promise you!

Anyway - Lalaith and Lhuna both make good points. Though seriously, you cannot truly expect one such as myself to be quiet after such a wondrous, terrible tragedy?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 AM   #6
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A grievous event for our village. Our dear prophet is dead. May his spirit get rest.

And Lalaith you say we shouldn't babble. That might be true, though I'm not sure if I agree with you. It's true that evidence is more difficult to find from a post flood, but we should keep in mind that loudmouth wolves more probably slip something than non-loudmouths. Anyway, your request is reasonable because if everybody posts as much as I did in my previous ww, no one can manage reading even through one day. So I'd like to change Lalaith's advice a bit: speak enough that you can slip (especially wolves) but don't speak too much to flood the village with your babbling.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Woe is me! Poor Nilpaurion. My heart cries blood, I have no reason to carry on my life. I think I'll go drowning myself in my washtub...

Or maybe I'll just try my best to find the horrible beasts. Yes, that sounds better. That said, Lhunardawen and Cailín, you may wash the vomit off your clothes by yourselves. Now (I quote myself): "Let's get these Werewolves, then."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
With that aside...If I may suggest, please try your darndest not to spread your votes too much. Day Ones, though worthy of 's, tell us much later on, and they would be more helpful in tracking voting patterns if the votes are not cast against half the village on the first Day. It makes sense, trust me.
I agree that Day 1s aren't just full of random blabbering, but they can prove useful as the days pass. However, with a village of 18 innocents and four wolves, it's possible (if not probable) that no wolf receives a single vote toDay. As you said, we may not want to spread the votes too wide, but basically, I think people should vote for the person they find the most suspicious. Maybe it would be better to get back to the voting issue when its time comes and concentrate on finding clues of possible wolvish behaviour for now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Ened-in-Nowhere is a big village, the most numerous, I believe, to be found anywhere in Hildorien. Some of us like to speak, others do not.
I would urge, especially in these early stages when so many of us are still here - that the quiet speak out at least a little, but that the naturally eloquent temper their urges to speak at great length.
Those of us who are innocent and truly wish to comb the evidence for clues, may find screeds and screeds of posts overwhelming. And the quietly guilty may easily hide amidst general loudmouth clamour.
Well, it's good that you want to help the quieter ones, but I'm afraid that asking the louder villagers to hold back will make it easier for the possible loudmouth wolves to hide. I don't think honest analyzing and debating in the usual manner will hinder us in our wolf hunt even if it was rather page consuming.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
As you said, we may not want to spread the votes too wide, but basically, I think people should vote for the person they find the most suspicious.
I would like to add that the same might go with bandwagoners. Bandwagoning is considered a low crime, but really I think it is a worse crime not to vote the one you suspect solely because of avoiding bandwagoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
Well, it's good that you want to help the quieter ones, but I'm afraid that asking the louder villagers to hold back will make it easier for the possible loudmouth wolves to hide. I don't think honest analyzing and debating in the usual manner will hinder us in our wolf hunt even if it was rather page consuming.
I thought about that issue, but somehow didn't think that hiding aspect. Anyway, I agree with you.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #9
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Well, it is basically thus:

There are now five (and perhaps seven, but we cannot be sure) people who know more than the rest of us. They each have a hidden agenda: the wolves will wish to see as many innocents lynched as possible, while the Lovers are more pre-occupied with protecting each other. Their accusations may be random, but their voting will not be.

With a traitor in their midst, the wolves will be more on guard as usual. I think they may fear to cast wolf on wolf votes in case one of them is immediately suspected as being the treacherous one. However, they may have agreed on a different strategy that we are unaware of. Whatever the scenario, I think we cannot count on the assistance of WereRomeo / WereJulia. Chances are the wolves will figure out the identity of the Lovers far before we do - so I suppose we should be focusing on finding the wolves instead.

I feel like I'm rambling a little, but I am just trying to get my thoughts on screen. Call me pessimistic, but it is probable an innocent will die today. Let's in any case avoid making it two!

On a lighter note, did you know Thinlomien has been seeing Celuien lately? Hmm, I wonder what that's all about. Also, some little bird told me Valier doesn't merely shear sheep, if you get my meaning. And though Formendacil and Glirdan seem innocently unemployed, I do seriously wonder how they got such comfortable living arrangements anyway, huh?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm a stone cutter. I do not waste time. Stone being hard and difficult to master. Therefore I will not waste time taking my analytical tools to this metaphorical stone of 4 werewolves, with the mix of 2 lovers. On to business.

First, on posting. Louds should post as much as usual, and Quiets should post at least, at least once per day. Posts should be substantive. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
If I may suggest, please try your darndest not to spread your votes too much.
Lhuna, what would be too much of a spread, and what too little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Neither should we lynch Lhunardawen — yet, though probability theory dictates unpleasant news for that pretty little elf.
Eomer, why not? Do you have a good reason? Just curious.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Woe is me! Nilp gone? who shall now give me luck as I shear my sheep? I for one shall look at the "creepy's" today. Who else would want to murder our prophet?

The guy who be short I see you have lost your beard I shall go and knit you one! I promise it shall be as sweet as me!

Well I must agree with others today, we must concentrate on killing wolves, and not worry too much about the lovers today, since the wolves are more likely to find them out first.

I implore you all wolves! Give yourselves up now, while you still have a chance. I may be small and sweet, but I promise you I hold a grudge for the death of our Mod-Prophet!

I am off to clear my head! I shall make beards for everyone! They shall be lovely, and warm! *smiles sweetly*

Tah for now! Oh just thinking to myself who would have the time on their hands to kill our Nilp? THE UNEMPLOYED that's who!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Wow, you would not believe the dream I had last night. I always have strange nights when I don't shave my overgrown hair. I'd love to tell my dream to you, too, but see really, 'I have not the heart to tell you'.

Initial thoughts: blatant and uncalled for!

1. Valier and TGWBS are the lovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
The guy who be short I see you have lost your beard I shall go and knit you one! I promise it shall be as sweet as me!

Well I must agree with others today, we must concentrate on killing wolves, and not worry too much about the lovers today, since the wolves are more likely to find them out first.
Sending a message, then discouraging looking for lovers? Perhaps...

2. Eomer mentions Lhuna in a defensive manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Neither should we lynch Lhunardawen — yet, though probability theory dictates unpleasant news for that pretty little elf.
Lover pair? Not likely, but something to think on early, and then maybe late, too.

3. Thinlómien seems suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
And Lalaith you say we shouldn't babble. That might be true, though I'm not sure if I agree with you. It's true that evidence is more difficult to find from a post flood, but we should keep in mind that loudmouth wolves more probably slip something than non-loudmouths. Anyway, your request is reasonable because if everybody posts as much as I did in my previous ww, no one can manage reading even through one day. So I'd like to change Lalaith's advice a bit: speak enough that you can slip (especially wolves) but don't speak too much to flood the village with your babbling.
Seems to turn slightly. Doesn't really agree, then more or less does. Although, I certainly don't think the wolves are going to purposely speak so much that they slip up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
[responding to spawn]I thought about that issue, but somehow didn't think that hiding aspect. Anyway, I agree with you.
Almost a tad too agreeable, if you ask me...

Well, now that that's out of the way, let me just say that, by pure knowing-nothing, looking-at-the-list-and-picking randomness, I think that Naria is a wolf. Which means she makes my top six list.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #13
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Right. My lords and mermaid-like sprigs of juniper, I bear solemn news from the East, in the depths of the forests.

Though I found none of the Wolf-kindred as yet, nor any pernicious sorts infected by the grim vice of Love, I did stumble upon the Chieftain of the Hedgehog Race, and after a protacted battle I had the better of him.

"Tell me," I growled, "where lurk your demonic were-hedgehog cavalry!"

The Hedgehog Lord was no craven, but my instruments of torture were ingenious and convoluted and at last he told all.

The varmint claims to have disguised a were-army of hedgehogs under green shells and hidden them in a turtle farm. What d'ye have to say to that, Empress Kath of the Dread Meerkat Wandering Horde? Ha ha!

I've noticed that there are several types in this place who seem to be completely out of their minds. You're going to have to trust in a dour, sensible sober man of arms like me. And I say, enemies oft lurk among clerihews. Ha ha!

For one, I don't like the stamp of that musician fella. The King must have kept him as a joke! His harping is terrible! I say we tie him up in a tree when we banquet in the evenings, sa-ha!

But seriously. The King be dead or fled, I don't know or care which, and this is no time for airs. As for yerrer gallantry...I sense the stench of LOVE!

As for the laundress, she makes a very wise point, and is a delightful codfish.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hello, fellow villagers. Never fear, SamwiseBankee is here!

Firstly, may I extend my condolances to Nilp's family. For generations our bank has been close with their family, and to see them go is not just to lose a customer, it is to lose a friend.

Eomer: different rules? Surely I know not of waht you speak! Cough cough!

Now, my dinner is ready and I must fly. I have some small suspicions, friends, and I shall share them as soon as I have enjoyed my fine meal.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sign: Flow

Woe! That Nilpaurion Felagund should die...
Oh, wondrous master, you shall not be forgotten
Let us avenge now the death of the great
For I would not have him die in vain.

I am a WOLF.

Lynch me now. It's your best hope.

++Nilpauri-

Hang on, that's not my name.

++TGWBS
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Wolves have been known to vote for each other in order to divert suspicion from themselves. This is going to be even more likely in our village, as they know there is a traitor in their midst anyway.
Darn. Y'got me.

I am a wolf, but no lover. Even if I were a lover, you would only increase your chances of winning by lynching me, for you would kill a wolf and a dissident.

Vote TGWBS!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 AM   #17
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Voting Records

Number / Vote for / Vote by / Vote count

1. Lalaith - Cailin (Lalaith - 1)
2. TGWBS - TGWBS (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 1)
3. Garin - Garin (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 1, Garin - 1)
4. TGWBS - Lalaith (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 1)
5. LMP - Eomer (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 1, LMP - 1)
6. Eomer - Kath (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 1, LMP - 1, Eomer - 1)
7. Farael - Tar-Ancalime (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 1, LMP - 1, Eomer - 1, Farael - 1)
8. Garin - Eonwe (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 2, LMP - 1, Eomer - 1, Farael - 1)
9. Garin - Celuien (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 3, LMP - 1, Eomer - 1, Farael - 1)
10. Eomer - LMP (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 3, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1)
11. Garin - Glirdan (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1)
12. Anguirel - Farael (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 2, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 1)
13. TGWBS - Naria (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 3, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 1)
14. Anguiriel - Caranlondien (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 3, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2)
15. Glirdan - Valier (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 3, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 1)
16. Glirdan - Thinlomien (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 3, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 2)
17. Glirdan - Anguirel (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 3, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3)
18. TGWBS - Formendacil (Lalaith - 1, TGWBS - 4, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3)
19. Lalaith - Lhunardawen (Lalaith - 2, TGWBS - 4, Garin - 4, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3)
20. Garin - Samwise (Lalaith - 2, TGWBS - 4, Garin - 5, LMP - 1, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3)
21. LMP - Gurthang (Lalaith - 2, TGWBS - 4, Garin - 5, LMP - 2, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3)
22. Eonwe - spawn (Lalaith - 2, TGWBS - 4, Garin - 5, LMP - 2, Eomer - 2, Farael - 1, Anguirel - 2, Glirdan - 3, Eonwe - 1)
Old 03-17-2006, 05:35 AM   #18
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I need to go, but I'll probably be back in an hour. I will then refer to these voting records, and urge others to consider them too. We focus too much on Anguirel. With 9 (not 10) votes, we probably got a wolf.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #19
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think we should pay attention to Caralondien, Naria and Valier. Just because they will otherwise just go unnoticed. Not that there's much to analyse about them, but I'm just saying we shouldn't forget them. Day one already passed, they've proven (at least Cara and Naria) to be good at not getting attention.

There are some other people that have escaped doubt. But I myself admit that we can't concentrate in analysing everyone. I just fear that (a) silent wolf/wolves will slip unnoticed when loud villagers/wolves/lovers/gifteds hang each other.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
Are they allowed to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mod God
'You shall have two Lovers in this village, one from the ranks of the villagers, and one from the Werewolves. They shall PM each other but once during the DAY and once during the NIGHT, for their love is a secret love, and a deadly one. The Lovers will die together--if one is lynched, or killed by the Werewolves, or struck dead by the Mod God, the other shall join him in the gloom of underworld. They shall win if they are left together with but one person, be the survivor innocent or guilty.
I see no restriction as to content in this "commandment", so apparently, "yes".
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #21
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
I see no restriction as to content in this "commandment", so apparently, "yes".
I never would have thought that they could do this. It makes matters worse, does it not? With the five of them having the ordo list. Or maybe it should, in theory, make our jobs a little easier--finding slip ups from them. Aaargh!! Thanks Lmp if my head wasn't trapped in a cloud of confusion before, it sure is now.

I'll be back soon.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #22
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

Pipe

Wow, amazing what you miss in 12 hours, eh?!

So, what am I thinking? Well, my suspicions are still mainly on Lhuna. I don't think she's explained herself at all well and unless I see something more substantial either 1. in her defence or 2. to incriminate someone else I'll be voting for her before nightfall.

I've had a look back and tried to pick apart anything and everything Ang said, and this is my result: not much! I agree with others who've said that the wolves really need to find the seers if they want to have any real chance of winning this game, and so I can only say- in shameless plagirism of others- that they based their decision on the hedgehogs speaking to him thing ( ). The other possibility is that they just did it at random, in which case my analysis has been for nought.

LMP, I'm very unhappy with you for post #219. If the lovers hadn't thought of this then you must be their favourite person in the whole village right now! Unless, of course, you already shared the information with your unfortunate beau? I don't think so, though. I think you just had an idea, didn't think and posted it. I'm inclined to forgive you, simply because I'm not sure I'd have done any differently myself.

Eonwe's vote is crazy. Two days, two thoroughly random votes. Is he a caution-to-the-wind wolf or just a downright unhelpful villager? Whatever he is, he made my list.

Eomer, for the minute, I think is probably innocent. Ok, so some of his posts are pure conjecture, but sometimes fuzzy logic is good. But he's a clever guy, and I must sadly admit that I may never learn to trust him.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseGamgee
LMP, I'm very unhappy with you for post #219. If the lovers hadn't thought of this then you must be their favourite person in the whole village right now! Unless, of course, you already shared the information with your unfortunate beau? I don't think so, though. I think you just had an idea, didn't think and posted it. I'm inclined to forgive you, simply because I'm not sure I'd have done any differently myself.
Sorry to ruin your day. I only just thought of it before I posted it up. However, I expect that I haven't told the Lovers anything they didn't already realize, since they were right in the middle of "what shall we talk about?" already on Night 1. I said it because I think all us ordos need to keep it mind for our own sakes.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #24
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sign: I'M A WOLF

You can hardly blame LMP for pointing that out. It was quite obvious.

I need bed.

++Eomer
Old 03-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #25
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Why so angry at LMP, Samwise? His ideas threaten the village not one jot.

TGWBS:

I'm sowing confusion?

What was odder? A random vote designed to gauge reaction; or asking to be lynched and confusing the entire village?

There is reasoning behind my silly little idea, it's just that it's terrible. I was typing in a rush as the thoughts entered my head. And I did go back and check a few minutes later, and then posted the relevant information about who had garnered votes. I just waited until I had finished my post before scrabbling around for the necessary name. It's ok to put things off for a few minutes, you know.

My point (which was not put well at all) was that perhaps it's likely that the wolves would kill someone who had voted for a wolf, in the hope of getting a Seer. It's unlikely they'd kill Anguirel randomly. So either Glirdan is a wolf or we were way off in our voting yesterday.

Not indubitable; but not the absolute worst idea you'll ever hear.

That's why I'm probably going to vote for Glirdan. If he's innocent then I'm inclined to think that certain others (LMP, for example) are innocent; because if they were wolves they would be looking for the Seer in amongst the people who voted for them.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #26
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

Pipe

I must disagree, Eomer. If the non lupine lover knows the names of the wolves they could pose as a seer and lead us all on a merry dance, could they not? Or am I just being silly?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #27
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Just got back. It's been a busy day.
I'll study the village scrolls and return shortly.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #28
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh, come on you lot. I would have thought it was completely obvious that the wolf lover would confide all to his/her ord girl/boy...if the lovers needed lmp to point out to them the benefits of sharing knowledge then frankly.... No - we can be sure that the only thing those two don't know right now is the identity of the Seers.
I also note that a lot of people have completely ignored the urging of myself and (I think) tar-a, earlier today, NOT to talk about pair-ish behaviour, while both Seers were alive, for fear of outing them. It's a free world of course, but...

I need to go off now, and I'm still not sure who to vote for. I'm still inclined to the theory that it was the Garin defence that did for Ang which actually tells us very little about wolf identity...
I am right, I think, in saying that everyone has now posted today except for Celuien?
I'd like to have heard more from her. And I'm worried about the other quiet ones who have barely posted, as well.
Some points as I ponder:
Quote:
I'm worried that I trust her and I'm worried that other people trust her as well.
(Lommy )
This is ever the problem with madame spawn. Ditto tar-a. She's just scarily sensible. Actually, regarding the laundress, I'm encountering a bit more obstruseness than I would expect amid the usual spawnish clarity. I would also agree that Lhuna is troubling - the failure to break the double-lynch...hmmm...
Of our loudmouths, Eomer is, as many have pointed out, somewhat erratic, and lmp unusually quiet. But actually, someone else is being unusual. Eonwe is often random, yes, but usually there is more sense among the randomness than we have seen so far. Something's not right. So
++EONWE
Old 03-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #29
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Anyway, another thought. Someone pointed out (with good reason) that the wolves can afford to lose one of their number in order to take out the Seer. So if Glirdan is a wolf then it's entirely feasible for the wolf-team to kill Anguirel (who voted for Glirdan) and let Glirdan fend for himself.

So, Glirdan....you're a wolf. (Eomer)
Oh no, the gig is up!! Just kidding!!

Quote:
No offence to Glirdan, but in most games he is strange and in this one he has a change of heart and talks more using big words to garnish his posts. (Valier)
Well, is it working?? I do realize that Im' playing much more boldly then I normally would, but I like it. Especially since I have time...for now.

Quote:
I think the wolves are more interested in finding Seers than in framing anyone, right now. (Lalaith)
I'm not so sure that they would completely forget about framing the rest of us. But I do agree that they probably far more interested in findig the Seers then framing us. Yet, I think that they would (subconciously mind you) still attempt to frame others. I find that this would be a pretty good way of smoking out a Seer. If someone attacked one who was an innocent and the Seer knew that person was innocent, I believe that the automatic reaction would be to defend that person. In doing so, the Wolves would go for that person. That seems to be the case with what happened to Ang.

Quote:
If I had voted for one, I would have been a bandwagoning wolf. Now that I chose not to vote for either, I'm a noncomittal werewolf.(Lhuny)
Is this a confession??

And what's this??

Quote:
It does look bad for Lhuna, I'll grant, but I wonder if we ought to maybe be taking a closer peek at Samwise?(Form)
A Lover trying to shift suspicion of he partner?? Hmm... I'm getting suspicious of Gurthang and Lhuna now.

Quote:
The interesting thought occured to me that the three main candidates up for lynching last night were male: Garin, Glirdan, and TGWBS. Is it possible, that in the flurry of tying/tie-breaking votes there at the end that one of our female players was trying to save- or did save- her lover?(Gurth)
Hmmm...Even though my name is up on that list, I must say that I'm having the same thoughts. Yet that doesn't mean we have to rule out the others who weren't up there.

Quote:
Glirdan

Has bravely analysed the quiet villagers. This of course allows him to post without really voicing his own thoughts. A safe way out, were he fanged and hairy. He was in quite a dangerous spot for a while, yesterDay, and particularly because of Anguirel. His posting does seem different, as has been remarked upon before. Whether this is at his fellow wolves insistance or because he is a bored ordo trying a new style, I do not know. I am hesitant to believe Glirdan is the Lover, though.(Cailin)
First off, I did voice suspicionis after I did my analysis on them. As I've said before quite a few times, yes, I did change my style. But that's only because I was completely sick and tired of being quiet and getting suspicion for it and I wanted to be more helpful to the village. Every other time I've always felt useless. Now, I feel like I'm actually contributing and helping out. So, I guess you can say that I'm "a bored ordo trying a new style".

Quote:
Is clearly not Lhuna’s ‘secret’ Lover. Everyone knows, right? Aside from that, Formendacil seems no different than normal. Based on the same method he uses to determine our guilt, I’d say he’s guiltless. However, I am not certain.(Cailin)
And why's that?? I haven't seen any defense from him saying why he can't be. Now I'm actually starting to think that you might be his 'secret' Lover. Why? Well, you're feeling jealous that everyone is thinking that Lhuna is it and you want to put a stop to it.

Quote:
My point (which was not put well at all) was that perhaps it's likely that the wolves would kill someone who had voted for a wolf, in the hope of getting a Seer. It's unlikely they'd kill Anguirel randomly. So either Glirdan is a wolf or we were way off in our voting yesterday.

Not indubitable; but not the absolute worst idea you'll ever hear.

That's why I'm probably going to vote for Glirdan. If he's innocent then I'm inclined to think that certain others (LMP, for example) are innocent; because if they were wolves they would be looking for the Seer in amongst the people who voted for them.(Eomer)
If I may ask you one thing Eomer: if I was a Wolf, why on Arda would I want to attack someone who voted for me the previous Day when I know full well that it would put me under suspicion??

I will probably have to vote soon. I'll be back after I have some supper.

Last edited by Glirdan; 03-18-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #30
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Haha! Glirdan, it does indeed put you under suspicion.

BUT WAIT!

No-one even brought it up at the start of the day. It was all about how bad it looks for Kath.

I would have thought that the wolves would have jumped on this opportunity to get at poor innocent Glirdan.

And they haven't (because I'm not a wolf).

So, why not?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #31
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Lalaith speaking more and more sense. Funny how your opinion of people changes through the day.

Her vote for Eonwe is justified, because he's apparently trying to leave no trail. That could be said for others.

The wolves won't kill TGWBS and we're going to lynch him before the end anyway. We might as well kill him now. And I admit that it's his vote for me that really got me thinking this way.

But despite his charade, I can read some sense in his posts. Do others think this way?

Farael, Kath...

Gah! I have to vote now. Mmmm....one moment please.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #32
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

Pipe

Glirdan, in post #235 you say that Gurthang said we should be taking a closer look at me, but it was Form in #213. I add this to Eomer's question.

Lalaith, I'll admit that the thought hadn't occurred to me. Intelligent, but not overly so!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #33
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Sorry Valier. It's not a crime to be annoying.
No it is not a crime, but it is a nasty thing to say that I am my usual annoying self.

I am sorry if my annoying demeanor is a bother to you...All I have to say is...BOTHER,BOTHER,BOTHER!

As for the talk of killing a male tonight I can see why this could help us weed out the lover wolf. How is this going to work if the other two wolves are female?
My Suspisions are:
Eonwe
Cailin
Thinlomien
Glirdan
(This may change in times to come but I gotta go *pouting* still to do homework, I will be back later)
Old 03-19-2006, 03:59 AM   #34
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye A voice from the clouds.

'If anyone's interested,' said the Mod, 'I have inserted a proper death scene for Eonwe.'

There was a deep, vast silence.

'Okay, get back to playing.'
Old 03-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #35
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Comment on The Plan

I hope it's been rejected by now, but if it hasn't, it should be.

Guy admits that its motivation is to root out the lovers. However, it has been generally agreed by the more helpful villagers who don't call themselves werewolves, that by going after the werewolves, the lovers will be defeated.

So stop it, Guy, or else we're going to have to lynch you as a primary suspect for werewolvery.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #36
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Hmm. Okay, so I see that the primary reason I'm up for the lynch toDay is that from carry-over Day 1 events spawn attacked me after agreeing with me over something that previous Day, and her suspicion was supported by other villagers. In the end she decided to vote for me. Then last Night the wolves killed her, she is found out to be a Seeriff, and that will obviously implicate me.

Hmm...let's see. You say the Seeriffs decided to dream about me, found me to be a wolf, and using dancing spawn as the sacrificial Seeriff alerted the village to my lycanthropy. I guess this would explain her sudeen 180-degree turn on me.

Yes, we all know that dancing spawn is a very good and experienced player, and as a Seer - well, she is definitely a great asset to our village. Now, knowing that there are four wolves against just two Seeriffs, and NO Ranger in this village...why would they take the risk of sacrificing a particularly helpful villager just to help the village catch a single wolf, leaving only one Seeriff to fend off for him/herself against three wolves? That's tantamount to her actually revealing herself outright. We would expect them to be more careful.

With that said, it is very probable that the Seeriffs had no wolf dreams as yet, and she just pursued her suspicions of me after someone presented the idea. Apparently the wolves took advantage of this to frame an innocent, which they have now successfully done. For which I must commend them. We obviously have very smart wolves against us. And then, much to their surprise, she actually was a Seeriff! Added bonus to them.

As for tgwbs' plan...that's very silly. It's making me think that you are the sole male wolf, and the rest are females, so it would be okay for you to sacrifice yourself because you know that there will still be two female wolves left in the end - the other one being killed along with her lover.

More later. I have a lot to answer to, obviously.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #37
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
As for tgwbs' plan...that's very silly. It's making me think that you are the sole male wolf, and the rest are females, so it would be okay for you to sacrifice yourself because you know that there will still be two female wolves left in the end - the other one being killed along with her lover.
Interesting. The rest of this werewolf's post is a lot of hot air signifying a wish to survive, but this one paragraph could maybe fall under the heading of "speaking as much truth as a werewolf can get away with". You see, it seems to me that Farael is playing his typical game and that he has his sites set (probalby wrongly) on Kath; but his observation about Guy's non-lover-wolvish desire to get rid of all the men seems rather suspicious. I wouldn't put it past Guy in the least to say "I'm a werewolf" and actually be one. This "we have to get the lovers" desperation lends credence to such a thought.

So if you really want to double lynch someone (there being 17 voters), there are 6 voters to go including me, and if all 6 vote Guy, there's a chance that we might have gotten two werewolves. Obviously, Kath already has 4 votes, and lynching her though in my opinion probably incorrect, will at least clear up that issue. By the way, Eomer's quick agreement to Guy's 'Plan' leads me to worry about him as the possible other werewolf.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #38
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
I've unexpectedly been able to return...

And I wish I hadn't voted already! While I definitely think a vote for Lhuna is well-spent, it seems like my vote for her wasn't necessary to ensure her lynching. LMP, I agree about TGWBS's suspicious behavior, and if you guys try to get him double-lynched, I'm with you (in spirit, at least, since I already voted )
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #39
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks, Caranlondien. We'll hope for the best. I'll be back in about 3 1/2 hours, which is suppose to give me one more hour to read whatever's been written and vote...... right, ModGod's Prophet?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:28 AM   #40
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye The fourth DAY.

It was a glorious day for Ened-in-Nowhere. After the first few tottering steps to rid their village of the lupine menace, they finally got some on the third DAY. Two, in fact. Eomer of the Rohirrim was in his royal quarters that NIGHT, weaving melodious verses to commemorate the DAY in song.

Suddenly the door to his home tumbled in riven fragments to the ground. In strode two Werewolves, dreadful in their wrath. Eomer took his flute in one hand and his harp in the other. He strung his harp and fitted the flute into it. Holding the harp as if it were a bow, he fired at the Werewolves. But, since he was no archer, he missed. The Werewolves advanced menacingly.

'This is it,' Eomer thought. 'I'm going to die . . . and me without inspiration for my last song.' But despair lent genius wings, and suddenly the royal musician uttered these lines:
Sad souls, take comfort, nor forget
That sunrise never failed us yet.
The two fiends cackled. 'You'll never see sunrise again,' said one; and taking all his woodwind instruments they stabbed him repeatedly.

Standing back to admire their work, one of the Werewolves commented: 'There, he looks like a hedgehog. Anguirel shall find a good reason to hate him now.' The two snickered and left just before the first few golden rays betrayed Anar's return to the East.

The next day, all the villagers were gathered at Eomer's home. Many of them were secretly sobbing, some were openly weeping.

'Who could do such a horrible thing to such a handsome man?' Cailín said.

The scroll of the census was changed:
Nilpaurion Felagund, the Prophet of the Mod God, was lynched by suspicious means on the first NIGHT.
Garin, an Ordinary Villager, was lanced like a boil on the the first DAY.
Anguirel, an Ordinary Villager, was massacred by were-hedgehogs on the second NIGHT.
Eonwe, an Ordinary Villager, was struck by lightning, struck by lightning! on the second DAY.
dancing spawn of ungoliant, a Seer, was taken away on the third NIGHT.
Kath, a Werewolf, was accidentally strangled on the third DAY
Lhunardawen, the Werewolf Beloved, died with his Lover on the third DAY
Farael, the Lover, died defending his Beloved on the third DAY
Eomer of the Rohirrim, an Ordinary Villager, was poked with woodwinds on the fourth NIGHT.

Those alive are:

tar-ancalime, a witch
Cailín, the town gossip
Celuien, a psychiatrist
Gurthang, an arrowsmith

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 03-21-2006 at 02:38 AM.