The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #881
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you just realise your party with Luthien and Beren wont work because they are dead.
When you go to the beach and spend ages looking for the Silmaril of Maglor.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:55 PM   #882
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Earlier on today I got out my Lotr action figures, built Helm's Deep out of videos and Ithilien out of pot plants, and re-enacted various scenes from The Two Towers.
I got some pretty weird looks.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:02 PM   #883
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

That quiz said I was like Gimli. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Okay..... tha's weird....

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #884
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Oh wow, I'm begining to frighten myself.
last night (I just remembered this) I started talking about a character as if I knew them and I was there. It took me a good while to realise that I wasn't actually there.
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 06:35 PM   #885
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I really frightened myself last night.

Apparently, I was talking in my sleep, and according to my 8-year-old brother, I was speaking in fluent Sindarin (or what appeared to be fluent Sindarin to him), and talking to Aragorn about his upcoming wedding to Arwen, and apparently, I was also referring to myself as Eowyn, which was just strange.

The weird part is, I'm not fluent in Sindarin! Heck, the only Sindarin I understand is a little of the language spoken in the movie! Not enough to talk about weddings!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #886
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Number One: You carry around a horn that you blow occasionally and say "The Horn of Gondor speaks! Shut up!"

Number Two: You play 'Orc Orc Uruk-Hai' at small children's birthday parties.

Number Three: You follow your sister to movies starring Orlando Bloom [z.b. Pirates of the Caribbean] just to see if he mentions a fellowship or a ring of power [thank heavens for Johnny Depp].

[/B]Viva la Gondor, Love ya Elanor Took![/B]

"Ai! Ai! A Balrog! A Balrog is come!"

J'adore les ecureuils!

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:15 PM   #887
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Tolkien

Quote:
Congrats, Goldberry! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Thanks, Sapphire_Flame! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wow Finwe, that is very strange about your Sindarin-sleep-talking. Really cool, though!

Usually I get Boromir or Galadriel on those personality quizzes, but I often get Gandalf and several others, also. It usually depends on my mood and the quality of quiz I take.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #888
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Heheh... I scared two sophomores in my seminary class so bad yesterday. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I was explaining the difference between Tengwar and Sindarin, and they just didn't get it. I was getting pretty loud about it, too. There are now two traumatized sophomores wandering around my school somewhere.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Man, that sleep-talking thing is pretty cool. I wish I did that... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Curse my boring little mind! Oh well, I did have that Helm's Deep dream. That was very cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #889
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
When you have so many LotR bookmarks in your "favorites" list that you have to make a second folder
I have one for Downs things, one for my favorite character (Sam [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), and one for things having to do with LOTR. I really should divide my LOTR folder into two or three, because it is rather long.

Quote:
When you just realise your party with Luthien and Beren wont work because they are dead.
But we're all dead here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Pass the pheasant, would you?)

Quote:
You play 'Orc Orc Uruk-Hai' at small children's birthday parties.
I should try that...... No, I don't think I would ruin some small child's day by calling them an orc.

Sindarin sleep-talking..... hmmmm.....

-I went outside last week to look at Mars (this was the 28th, so I think it was at its brightest, correct me if I'm wrong), and it was really cool. It looked sort of like Earendil sailing through the heavens in Vingilot. So I stood out there in the middle of the night saying Aiya Earendil Elenion Acalima and A Elbereth Gilthoniel....! 'Twas fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-When you talk to yourself in your head as if you were Gollum (sometimes not even on purpose!). So you'll just be walking around thinking about something, and then "We can't get this refrigerator door open, oh no, precious, we can't. Ah! There it is, precious, there it is. Do we have pizza, precious, do we have nice pizza? Give Smeagol good pizza..." or something along those lines.

-When you pride yourself on the fact that everything you've ever posted on this thread is something that you've done ar are pretty sure that you've done or are going to do (in other words, none of it has been made up).

Everyone who took the quiz, would you mind posting the results? I'm interested..... And Meela: Take the quiz! See if you get Denethor! (Or Beregond, or Imrahil, or Elladan, or Isildur, or Boromir, or.....)

Well, here's my result (oh, no, now you're going to know all about me!):

Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Minas Tirith

People like you are rare. Unfortunately the closest person is Denethor. His obsession with knowing the future and suspicion of others is characteristic.

Everything that happens is important and you do not want to miss any of it. Others often look to you for courage, leadership, and wisdom. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #890
Firnantoonion
Haunting Spirit

Firnantoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

today, i got some of the weirdest looks i ever had. [looks proud at this] But i don't get it, all i did was just standig for a window in a classroom, and when i saw some crows, i dived to the ground shouting 'crebain from dunland, Hide!'people looked really weird when i stood up after a minute or two and asked why they did't hide themselves. they told me i even scared some first-years (grin)
Old 09-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #891
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Took the quiz again. I was a bit more honest this time, and this is what I got:

"You are most like
Boromir, Heir of Denethor, Captain of the White Tower

You are good at winning others' confidence and not shy at telling others what to do. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

Like Boromir, you are not content to sit on the sidelines while the action takes place around you.

Traits: Open minded, easy going, persuassive, optimistic about the future. On the dark side you could be exploitative and an opportunist."

So would that make Meela my adopted mom? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] j/k. I love you, Meela! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #892
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

A very good quiz indeed, Luthien_Tinuviel! I got Frodo:
Quote:
With many acquaitenances, Frodo is deeply attached to a few people, like Bilbo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Sam. His high ethics come out in his treatment of Gollum and Saruman. Frodo has pity on Gollum and believes that change can occur.

You have a strong personal morality. You are committed to relationships and their growth. You tend to be an idealist, believing the best of the world around you. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.
That describes me very well! (Except for the sadistic bit...but I guess I'm not an orc.)

In band we are playing music from LotR! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm so excited. But that may partially be because my mom is the band teacher at my high school, and I practically forced her to let us play LotR. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Today, my French teacher said he couldn't stand to watch LotR because "it was three hours of the most boring, never-ending chase scene." [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] That made me very angry. What's worse, he said he loved the Harry Potter movies, which were not that great compared with the books, and definitely not as good as the LotR movies! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Well, different tastes, I guess...I suppose it's not for everybody. Anyway, that wasn't exactly on topic, but oh well.

[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 09-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #893
Forest Walker
Animated Skeleton

Forest Walker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Forest Walker
Sting

Quote:
When you talk to yourself in your head as if you were Gollum (sometimes not even on purpose!). So you'll just be walking around thinking about something, and then "We can't get this refrigerator door open, oh no, precious, we can't. Ah! There it is, precious, there it is. Do we have pizza, precious, do we have nice pizza? Give Smeagol good pizza..." or something along those lines.
lol! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I do that ALL the time!! I also explain modern convieniences (sp?) to (imaginary) onlooking elves and/or hobbits. I go "this is a toaster, it's a very usefull thing for roasting bread....."

my english teacher once said he thought LotR was too long!! I felt like going up there and shouting "IT"S TOO SHORT, DAMMIT!!!!" in his face. he also said he was more of a "harry Potter guy."...hmpf...
Forest Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #894
Forest Walker
Animated Skeleton

Forest Walker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Forest Walker
Sting

just took that personality test, here's my result:

Quote:
You are most like
Frodo Baggins, Son of Drogo

With many acquaitenances, Frodo is deeply attached to a few people, like Bilbo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Sam. His high ethics come out in his treatment of Gollum and Saruman. Frodo has pity on Gollum and believes that change can occur.
You have a strong personal morality. You are committed to relationships and their growth. You tend to be an idealist, believing the best of the world around you. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

Some of that is quite accurate actually! especially about being an idealist...and no, closure is DEFINITELY not my forte!
Forest Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:08 AM   #895
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

OK. Here is what it says about me:

The Dwarves

As the halls of Moria show, Dwarves like building and inventing.
Curiosity is one of your strong points as it allows you to think of better ways to acheive goals. You may try to outwit the system of you get bored or annoyed with it. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.

OK. I'm a dwarf but somewhat like Aragorn. Yay! To the last part! Aragorn is my fave character

You know you're obsessed when

- You know the exact minute in TTT when Legolas slides down the steps on a shiled. (Battle at Helm's Deep).

- You deicide the Elves are smiling on you (and frequently tell peole so) cos ROTK is released on the same day as your birthday and much to the horror of your non-obsessed friends decide to have 2 themed parties. One for your b/day and one for the movie release.

I like the idea of having your room decorated LOTR style. However, my mum won't let me paint it again (I had it done recently before I came obsessed). Tis light- bright green and lilac. I'm guessing a wood of some sort. What do you reckon?

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 04:46 AM   #896
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My room is also green and lilac. I intend to redecorate in a more Lotr style soon, though.
Green and lilac... yeh, I can imagine a gorgeous sunlit wood, the floor carpeted with lilac flowers. Perhaps somewhere in the Shire, or an Elven woodland.
If you wanted a more woodland effect, you could get a few pieces of old sponge and some different shades of green paint (sample pots are usually enough), and and sponge a leafy, woodland effect all over the green walls. Well, that's what I might do, anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 08:39 AM   #897
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I got the Dwarves.
Er, what? I'm an elf, here!
Oh well!

Edit: Hey look, I'm a Haunting Spirit. I swear I was a pile of bones before...

[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: Feared Half-Elf ]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #898
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i was aragorn. i always seem to be aragorn on every quiz i take. hahahaha, i'm so happy.

- you read this thread and decide that you are 'not obsessed enough' so you vow to be more obsessive in the future

- you print off 70 pages of sindarin to learn a language that a lot of people don't even know exists
Old 09-06-2003, 03:26 PM   #899
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
-you read this thread and decide that you are 'not obsessed enough' so you vow to be more obsessive in the future

- you print off 70 pages of sindarin to learn a language that a lot of people don't even know exists
That's so me! Right on! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-06-2003, 10:02 PM   #900
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When your mom gives you a necklace with gold leaves on it for your birthday because she thinks it looks elvish (My birthday was on the 3rd [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). I convinced her to read LotR, and she just finished it about a week ago.

I'm so sad. I just started in a new school, and I have sooo much homework. This is the first time in almost a week that I've gotten to go on the Downs-- I think I was starting to go into withdrawal when I couldn't. Plus, I got TTT as a birthday present on Wednesday, and I didn't even have time to watch it untill last night [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . I'm so sick of school, and I've only had 4 days of it (only 175 more days to go...)
Old 09-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #901
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I convinced her to read LotR, and she just finished it about a week ago.
Lucky... My mom's not much of a book person. I tried to get her to read LotR, but she wouldn't... I can't seem to get anyone to read it. *sniffles* Considering how much I talk about it I'd think everyone would want to... But I guess they're just sick of me... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Btw, Happy Belated Birthday!

Woo! I'm finally making an Elvish dress [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] *squee* I found a pattern I liked, and I bought fabrics and stuff...so I'm gonna make one! I shall have to post a picture when I'm done...

-When every item of clothing in your wardrobe relates to LotR *and these are my hobbit pants, and this is my Elvish shirt...*

-When you have to make up an element for science class and decide to name yours in Elvish *heh heh*

-When you do your Elvish homework before your school homework *Hey, I have my priorities!*

-When you enjoy your Elvish homework so much that you more of it than you're required to do.

As you can see, I'm taking a course in Elvish ^_^ I'm doing the Sindarin course at Council of Elrond It's great fun! I'm enjoying it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 07:30 AM   #902
Firnantoonion
Haunting Spirit

Firnantoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
my english teacher once said he thought LotR was too long!!
mine doesn't, in fact, he doesn't want to hear any bad word of the works of Tolkien. and i suspect him of coming here too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 11:00 AM   #903
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Question

What quiz is this? I'm confused... or something.... - -;;;;
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #904
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz, there's a link to the quiz on page 3 of this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #905
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

YYYYYYYYYYYAAY! *breathes a sigh of relief*
Quote:
I'm so sad. I just started in a new school, and I have sooo much homework. This is the first time in almost a week that I've gotten to go on the Downs-- I think I was starting to go into withdrawal when I couldn't.
I know how you feel. I have been soooo busy and my internet was down for two days. It got so bad my family even pointed out I was going through withdrawls. And people would call and ask "so, what are you doing" and I would reply "Well, it looks like I'm doing nothing, since the internet is down!"

Quote:
Today, my French teacher said he couldn't stand to watch LotR because "it was three hours of the most boring, never-ending chase scene." That made me very angry. What's worse, he said he loved the Harry Potter movies, which were not that great compared with the books, and definitely not as good as the LotR movies!
my old english teacher said she hated harry potter because she had a whole group of obsessed fans in her class and it annoyed her. By the end of the semester it only took me to annoy her into hating lotr. I'm quite proud of that actually (not that I want her to hate lotr, I just accept the inevitable)

Quote:
I convinced her to read LotR, and she just finished it about a week ago
my mom read Lotr long before I did. Although she never finished Rotk. One day she says she will borrow my copy and finish.

ok... now for mine:
I was getting some miles in for the WTR and I started pretending I was actually walking to Rivendell. (I.e. talking to chars and such) I got some strange looks.

A local politician was speaking on the news and I was upset with what he was saying so I started yelling things like "son of snakes" in Elvish.

I am now convinced that I really do have the one ring, because I had the one I always wear around my neck and I was laying on the bed and my cat hopped up onto it and came over and was sort of entranced by it. And what was wierd was it wasn't hanging down or swinging, so it's not like he wanted to play with it and instead of batting at it he tried to grab it with his claws. (whew long run-on I hope that made sense)
Old 09-07-2003, 01:06 PM   #906
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
-When you refuse to use a pen in school and bring your own quill and ink
I haven't done that yet but I am planning to soon. I have a quill, and I have ink, now all I have to do is take them to school.

Quote:
You are most like
Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Thoroughly dependable, Faramir is loyal to his father. He keeps a watchful eye on the east border of Gondor.
You are earnest and attentive to details. You tend to trust authority and seek security. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

As Sam says:"I have something to do before the end. I must see it through, sir, if you understand."

Traits: Dependable, beneficient, usually living in the past. On the dark side you could be a hoarder.
Other than that bit about scheduling life beforehand and finishing work before resting, that describes me very well.
(EEEP! I am a hoarder! I hardly ever throw anything away. Dark side... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )
Old 09-07-2003, 02:13 PM   #907
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

haha, my mum is a librarian. but i had to force her to read the book and i could tell she really liked it because her only complaint was 'i thought after teh ring was destroyed it was all wrapped up a bit quickly and i wanted to know more about the characters) *coughcough* appendices.

but yeah here we go:

-when your family takes a year to read the book (literally) and you continually have to hold yourself back from giving away the end, or otherwise have to lie to cover up the fact that you gave away the end

- you go into a shop today and marvel over the action figures of saruman, wormtongue, frodo and gollum. you vow to have aragorn and gandalf despite the fact they are utterly nasty

- you DID want a whole load of dvds for your birthday because you are an enormous film fan and want to be a film critic/columnist in a newspaper but instead you decide you want nenya and arwen's necklace

-if you don't get nenya and arwen's necklace, you decide that you will buy them with your birthday money
Old 09-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #908
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
-when your family takes a year to read the book (literally) and you continually have to hold yourself back from giving away the end, or otherwise have to lie to cover up the fact that you gave away the end
Heh heh heh... I've done that much too much. I'm not sure if they actually know the ending or not... I hope not. I want it to be a surprise [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I got the greatest "weird look" yesturday! I was buying the fabric and pattern for my Elvish dress and my sister's friend was like "Oh, it's pretty! Is it for Halloween?" I just smiled and was like, "No. It's just...to wear." She gave me a look that said plainly, "Normal people don't dress like that" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was great.

Mmmm... Obsession is good.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:02 PM   #909
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hehe, Amarantha Daisy [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You know you are obsessed with LotR (well not directly, but whatever) when you write "TREES" on your hand, partly to be like Dom and partly just to get weird looks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I used to collect buttons, and various other sorts of things, but now I think my biggest collection is weird looks. If people ask what my hobby is, I can say that it is collecting weird looks. That would generate some weird looks right there. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 09-07-2003, 05:58 PM   #910
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Quote:
I used to collect buttons, and various other sorts of things, but now I think my biggest collection is weird looks. If people ask what my hobby is, I can say that it is collecting weird looks. That would generate some weird looks right there.
wonderful idea!

...when you go to the store and the first place you go is to the toys section and you gasp in dismay as some kids (or maybe adults? who knows) had the audacity to leave the lotr section a wreck. So of course I cleaned and organized it. That got a few looks. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also when I was done I patrolled around a while to make sure no one messed it up again and this young couple was holding up Eomer and saying "Is it him or that other blonde dude that he likes" I cringed....

Then the oddest thing happened today my sister came home from work and told me a girl who worked their too and went to the same school as me told her(my sister) there was a girl at school that looked like her (my sisters and I look an awful lot alike) that is obsessed with faeries (*sigh* it's elves darn it!) and goes by a funky name (my elvish name) hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My sister told me the girls name and I had never heard of her. Goes to show you how noticeable my obsession is.

Quote:
Eeny meeny Elrohir, catch him by his pointy ear. If he pouts, put him down, and sit him out till next time round.
*squeels* oooh Meela, I like it!

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
Old 09-07-2003, 07:29 PM   #911
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
White-Hand

Wow, how did everyone write so much in one day? Is that wightly possible? I had such a good post, but it got lost (I used too many smileys, and pressing back deleted everything I had. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ) So I'll have to re-post tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to re-capture my thoughts.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:50 PM   #912
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
...now I think my biggest collection is weird looks.
Right on! I collect those too! I got some really good ones today; I wore my hobbit costume to school, in honor of there only being 100 DAYS LEFT until RotK is in theaters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was so much fun; everyone was looking at me like I'd completely lost my mind.

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #913
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When your late for class, and everybody else has sat down, you run into the classroom and tell the teacher: "Sorry I'm late sir but the orcs have stormed Brithombar and Eglarest!" You then proceed to sit down and open your books.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #914
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*snork* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 09-09-2003, 04:58 PM   #915
Naz
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I wanna be late to class now! ^ ^ Of course, I'll never remember what the orcs stormed... - -;;;;; (& I call myself a Tolkien fan! shame!)

*writes TREES on her hand*

Quote:
Beregond, Guard of the Citidel

Beregond, loyal to the protection of Minas Tirith, supervises the gates of the city.
You are eager to enforce rules and regulations and are probably good with logistics. You tend to worry about society falling apart. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

As Sam says:"I have something to do before the end. I must see it through, sir, if you understand."

Traits: Dependable, beneficient, usually living in the past. On the dark side you could be a hoarder.
[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 06:19 PM   #916
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well I guess I get more obsessed each day.
One day I got a TTT poster and renovated part of my room just so that it could hang on the right place!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

With the personality test I got Frodo

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Lathriel ]
Old 09-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #917
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You know when you're obsessed when you start dating an Elf. (I swear, my b/friend is an Elf!!!! Of course, he's much too skinny, but he's got the silky black hair, 6'2" height, perfectly pale skin, and the greatest greenish-brown eyes.) He looks like a Noldo. The only down-side is, I'm 5'2", so the height difference is a bit ludicrous.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #918
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Quote:
...wore my hobbit costume to school, in honor of there only being 100 DAYS LEFT until RotK is in theaters
Ha! That's great, Sapphire! Unfortunately, I don't have a hobbit costume. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
When your late for class, and everybody else has sat down, you run into the classroom and tell the teacher: "Sorry I'm late sir but the orcs have stormed Brithombar and Eglarest!" You then proceed to sit down and open your books.
Hahaha! You must have gotten some weird looks with that one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I haven't done anything too LotR obsesed latey...I'd better get moving! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 09, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 09-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #919
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You know you're obsessed when...
*You write in Dwarf runes every chance you get, even at school.
*You duel imaginary orcs with your sword.
*You were just nick-named "Frodo", by your best friend (That just happened to me today at lunch. Weird really, as I am a girl and all).
Old 09-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #920
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Quote:
You duel imaginary orcs with your sword.
I do that all the time! I must have killed the whole army of Isengard by now... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]