The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2021, 04:32 PM   #281
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
TEMPTING.

Ugh, taking one last look at the early votes to see if anything pops.

hS
Legate cross-posted with Lommy on my lynch, with 3 minutes between them. With the Preview button /right there/, I feel like he would have been able to avoid that if they were both wolves. If Lommy is innocent, an 'accidental cross-post' was a great way for Legate to avoid responsibility for killing me.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:33 PM   #282
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All three people who voted for me Day One are still alive. - _-

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #283
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Legate cross-posted with Lommy on my lynch, with 3 minutes between them. With the Preview button /right there/, I feel like he would have been able to avoid that if they were both wolves. If Lommy is innocent, an 'accidental cross-post' was a great way for Legate to avoid responsibility for killing me.

hS
I mean... I lean innocent-Lommy, so I can definitely be persuaded. But if Kath is going Morsul, should we both do likewise?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #284
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Sure casually talk about a fender bender while you leave it to us to decide.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:38 PM   #285
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I mean... I lean innocent-Lommy, so I can definitely be persuaded. But if Kath is going Morsul, should we both do likewise?
Kath is considering voting Lommy, right?

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:38 PM   #286
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
G55 can we quote ourselves from this thread to haunt the living while we await the narration? I mean I can search for Tolkien quotes but I kind of just want to quote what I've posted here.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:38 PM   #287
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Kath is considering voting Lommy, right?

hS
Yes, because of course our vote is split down the middle with two swing-voting Wolves in the wings.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:39 PM   #288
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I don't have convictions either way!

I'm now so deep in the rabbit hole I spent five minutes trying to work out if Lommy was trying to send a coded message using the first letters of each line in her latest post.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:41 PM   #289
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I don't have convictions either way!

I'm now so deep in the rabbit hole I spent five minutes trying to work out if Lommy was trying to send a coded message using the first letters of each line in her latest post.
It would really help if you found "COBBLER" inscribed.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:41 PM   #290
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Lommy's latest looks like exactly the sort of thing I'd post as a despairing innocent on the block. As a wolf in this situation, I'd be more manic-carefree (like when I turned into a Dead Cobblewolf with Cobbler 55 back in the day). So based on the 'Everyone is hS' approach, Lommy is innocent and Morsul is guilty.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:42 PM   #291
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Lommy's latest looks like exactly the sort of thing I'd post as a despairing innocent on the block. As a wolf in this situation, I'd be more manic-carefree (like when I turned into a Dead Cobblewolf with Cobbler 55 back in the day). So based on the 'Everyone is hS' approach, Lommy is innocent and Morsul is guilty.

hS
Fits my priors, so I'm in agreement
Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #292
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It is not easy to be a Dead with a vote, is it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Legate! Oh, thank cupcakes, you're here. ❤️
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #294
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
It is distressingly similar to being Live with a vote, but after having suffered the infinity of dying!

I kind of miss being the Ghost!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #295
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Legate! Oh, thank cupcakes, you're here. ❤️
I would not leave you to stand here alone!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #296
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I would not leave you to stand here alone!
Thank you, brother sestra. Hopefully we dine again soon.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #297
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
It is distressingly similar to being Live with a vote, but after having suffered the infinity of dying!

I kind of miss being the Ghost!
Absolutely understood. Well, Lottie got that chance instead of you toDay. Which was nice from you towards her, again.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #298
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Anyway, kinda fun that the buzz is in the dead thread now. We're just chilling here, it's out of our hands. I kinda enjoy it
Would you like us to get you a cup of coffee too while you wait? Oh you would? *sneezes in cup*
Old 04-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #299
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, we're down to ten minutes... I'm going to vote Morsul. The psychology just seems to match today's moods (and respective authors) better.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #300
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Very easy provided you don't use it.

Y'know what?

1) My lynch vote implies Lommy's innocence.

2) My own reactions to this situation line up with innocent Lommy and guilty Morsul.

3) The dead wolves are acting like they want to distract us, right when we're aiming towards Morsul.

4) I came within a breath of voting him Day One and want to get it out of my system.

++MORSUL

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Thank you, brother sestra. Hopefully we dine again soon.
Nothing I else in my afterlife that I would be interested in!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #302
Formendacil
Dead Serious

++Morsul

And well-played game whomever the last Wolf is. Fiendishly close even.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #303
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm drooling with excitement and hunger.

X'd with Form
Old 04-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #304
Formendacil
Dead Serious

And if we're all wrong, it's an honour to have gone down together.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #305
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

*slow clap*

Well done, villagers. *bows* I give it to you, this was one ride of a game. Seriously. Everyone, Living and Dead.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #306
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
And if we're all wrong, it's an honour to have gone down together.
It is fitting that the former Ghosts made the call.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #307
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I don't know about you innocents but I've been enjoying being quiet and watching you flail helplessly even without my input.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #308
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright then, let's make it a nearly clean sweep and either claim victory or go down in flames together.

++MORSUL

If we're wrong then this was one very fine play wolves.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #309
Formendacil
Dead Serious

ARE THOSE CONCESSION SPEECHES!? DID WE WIN!?!!!???

(ghost)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #310
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Would Kath still like to vote too? For her own satisfaction that she could take part, before we learn the result?

EDIT: x-ed with said
Old 04-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #311
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Shall we tell them, brother?
Old 04-29-2021, 04:58 PM   #312
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Sestra Wolfcake... I cannot wait to tell our... hm hmm, is it brother or sister now, hmm? still two minutes... about this.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:58 PM   #313
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Shall we tell them, brother?
I was wondering. Should we? If you wish, you can do the honours.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #314
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Don't tell! I want to see the narration!
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #315
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sestra Wolfcake... I cannot wait to tell our... hm hmm, is it brother or sister now, hmm? still two minutes... about this.
Yes, quite. They will be amazed.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #316
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

If I'm staying up this late on a school night I want my money's worth out of it.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #317
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I was wondering. Should we? If you wish, you can do the honours.
I've wanted to do something all game, but I think I'll show some restraint.

++????
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #318
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Don't tell! I want to see the narration!
Very well! All wait for it! We're in the same ghostly boat now, I'm fine with that!

Great game everybody btw in any case!
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #319
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

++???

Indeed.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #320
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Agreed. I'm going to take G55 up on the offer and haunt the Living thread