The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #1
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting Okay, this is going to sound like a joke......

...but it's serious (sort of).

A Man, an Elf, and a Hobbit walk into a restaraunt (here in this world) and go to the "Please Wait to be seated" area. You are either an employee (like one who seats folks) or someone already there having dinner. What is your reaction? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
LOTR Haiku V
Frodo and Samwise
travelling to Cracks of Doom
friend must carry friend.
[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:41 PM   #2
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Oh geez... considering me, I'd probably go like this, in this order:

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

The sad face at the end is for when they have to leave.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Oi....don't think I want to know what the face to the left of the sad face is for...
Quote:
"I met Sam going up the hill and told him to follow me; but plainly he did not do so. he guessed his master's mind and came back here before Frodo had gone. He did not find it easy to leave Sam behind! " ~Aragorn, TTT
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-18-2002, 09:02 AM   #4
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
i'd be very confused. i always am, tho. then i would pretend that i work there and sit them down at a table, take the hobbit into the kitchen and roast him and feed him to the others, pretending it's chicken. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: gollum*elf*pup ]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #5
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Sting

I would be kind of confused, but then just grin and nod when I gave them their orders. Then I would steal the elf and run off with /her/.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
The Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:22 AM   #6
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

I forgot to mention the Elf was a woman.
Quote:
"So my plan is all spoilt!" said Frodo. "It is no good trying to escape you. But I'm glad, Sam. It is plain that we were meant to go together. "
Old 07-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
ElfEarz
Animated Skeleton

ElfEarz has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

i would first talk to the elf cuz i look like one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] and then i would grab the hobbit and squeezle it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] hehehehhe thier just too adorable
Old 07-18-2002, 11:44 AM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Here's what I would do:

'Welcome! Will it be just the three of you having dinner this evening, or are there more in your party?'

Picks up three menus and the wine and spirits list. 'Would you like a table with a view of the waterfront, or would you prefer to be seated nearer the fireplace.'

Leads them to their preferred table, makes a little small talk, introduces them to their waitperson. Alerts the chef and owner that a special party has come in.

The owner then comes to their table and welcomes them, bringing a bottle of his best wine, and pours each a glass.

Now if I were a diner, I would resist the urge to go over and meet them - just leave them to enjoy their own company and the food. But what a story that would be for friends!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:42 PM   #9
Aldagrim Proudfoot
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aldagrim Proudfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I would be slightly surprised, but then act like nothing was different.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:40 PM   #10
Kaze
Haunting Spirit

Kaze has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think it depends how they were acting. If they thought it was completely normal, then - well, that'd be just odd. I'd probably burst out laughing just because of the strangeness of it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 02:08 PM   #11
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Kaze, i love your signature!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

anyway, if that happened to me, i'd just be horribly confused (as usual). i might gather up the courage to go and talk to the Hobbit. not the Elf or Man, though, because i think they'd be much harder to talk to (i'm really shy around grown-ups, and hobbits seem more like kids [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]).
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 02:03 AM   #12
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

Well first off I'd think to myself, "Yes! I was right, hobbits and elfs DO exsist!"
But I'd try to act normal and hopefully end up "accidently" bumping into them and be able to talk to them.
Maybe even sneak in a camera and get a quick picture of them. THen I would have proof! No one could say I was jus going crazy and hillucinating again.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 03:13 AM   #13
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
I would be like...
look very confused at them, with my mouth open and everything. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
After 10 minutes I would realize my mouth was open, close and smile in that way "I didn't look at you, there's absolutely nothing wrong, I'm just tired etc."
I would stare at them for the next half an hour, and when I realized they were preparing to leave i would either be like "darn! I should've talked to them" or walk over to them and start babling, so they wouldn't have a chance to go anywhere. Then I would try to find out what the h*ck they were doing there and follow them (not sneaking, while I talked to them) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
I would try to get an adress, phone number or whatever, and finally, after 3 hours, I would probably let them go. If they came from ME they would go right back there and ask someone to curse me. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Oh, how I wish something like that could actually happen... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 03:15 AM   #14
Melephelwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Melephelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Not that they would get me cursed, but the rest of it... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] oh well, maybe a little curse could be fun [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
And we dance beneath the moon
Melephelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 04:11 PM   #15
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Well, all, this "event" will happen tomorrow night, if all goes well. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll tell you if anyone reacts...LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
"But I am going to Mordor."
"I know that well enough, Mr. Frodo. Of course you are. And I'm coming with you. "
Old 07-21-2002, 02:19 PM   #16
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Anna Licumo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anna Licumo
Sting

Samwise, if you do not tell me what you're planning, I'm going to...um... do something evil. Argh! I have to know!
Old 07-21-2002, 03:14 PM   #17
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

LOL---to tell the truth, Anna it wasn't my plan, it was Raefindel's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've been hinting all over the place (see "I Met A Fellow BDer!" thread) but no one's taken the hint, nor evidently read any of my more obvious posts.

Tonight, Raefindel the Red-haired Elf, her husband (the man) and me (the Hobbit) are meeting at Carrow's restaraunt after I get out of church, see? Simple. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Actually, I've been trying to get ahold of her on her cel phone, but it's BUSY!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Quote:
LOTR (Movie) Moment (III) (Second Breakfast)
Pippin stops to cook
Aragorn says there's no time
Apple hits a head.

Copyright 2002 S. Uffelman
Old 07-21-2002, 05:52 PM   #18
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just one question, how would you know that they were an elf or a hobbit? Have you ever seen a real one? Don't they look very much like people? I think that I would just think that they were very strange people. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 09:19 AM   #19
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I think the waitress DID think we were wierd after we didn't leave 2 hours after they cleared the table!

Samwise met me with a boquet of roses from the garden at her church(she tends the garden). I had a small gift for her, too.

Samwise is taller than I expected. I spoke with her on the phone before I left Washington, and I found her voice to be so pleasant.

My kids were there too, just until they finished dinner, then my husband took them swimming at the hotel and let me and Samwise talk.

She filled me in on all the things gooing on here at the Downs while I've been gone. (and BTW I've missed you all.)

It was too dark to see Samwise's Garden or the one she planted at her church so we sat in her driveway and talked some more for another 20 minutes.

I think she must cry at supermarket-openings because she cried when I had to leave(don't be embarassed, Samwise, it's sweet).

It was a really great time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 10:33 PM   #20
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

My reaction would be much like that of Dr. Grant's in Jurassic Park when he first sees the dinosaurs.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:54 AM   #21
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well though it is after the fact I would rush up to them all gooingly and ask for pictures and autographs all round, then I would ask "were's gimli?" [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 07:32 PM   #22
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

I think the waitress DID think we were wierd after we didn't leave 2 hours after they cleared the table...I had a small gift for her, too.
LOL--y' think she thought so? Nah...then, maybe she let us sit there 'cause she knows Elves are good with bows...j/k

Samwise is taller than I expected.
LOL, Miss Rae! Well, I'm a 20th century Hobbit, that's my only explanation. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I spoke with her on the phone before I left Washington, and I found her voice to be so pleasant.
Awww...well, I found you to be pretty darn pleasant, too--and your hubby, and your sweet kidlets...is Jessica adopted? No offense meant, ma'am, but she seemed to have some very Hobbit-like tendencies... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It was too dark to see Samwise's Garden or the one she planted at her church so we sat in her driveway and talked some more for another 20 minutes.
It was only 20 minutes? Sigh. Seemed like longer or shorter depending....

I think she must cry at supermarket-openings because she cried when I had to leave(don't be embarassed, Samwise, it's sweet).
LOL, Miss Rae! No offense taken, but that would be bookstores more likely than supermarkets...

It was a really great time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Me, three. If any of you get to Washington State, look this lady up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 09-04-2002, 04:17 PM   #23
Samwise_Gamgee
Haunting Spirit

Samwise_Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would look at the other hobbit, then I would go back to eating cheese and drinking ale [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I ain't been droppin no eaves sir, honest! - Samwise Gamgee/Sean Astin
Old 05-26-2003, 06:00 AM   #24
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

id walk past their table, leaving the dwarf a note saying "meet me outside in 5 mins, about the elf"
we'd meet and plot to kill the elf. NEVER TRUST AN ELF! THEYRE SO EVIL! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
after kiling the elf, i would kidnap the hobbit and force him to show me where the shire was. then the dwarf and i would go there in force and take over. and if the hobbits dare resist... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:27 AM   #25
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

freeze, squeal, shake, squeal some more, faint.