Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2003, 06:16 PM   #161
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Em, I changed my post quite a few days ago. At least I'm pretty sure I did. Let me just check again.

Yes, I have. December 5th, to be exact.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:18 PM December 10, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]
Old 12-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #162
Belin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Sorry, I've been a bit slow lately...and it took me a while to realize that my input here might be desirable. The interaction between Bear and Kestrel sounds good, but I think you'll also want to pm amongst yourselves, since Osse had some ideas I haven't discussed with Tinuviel yet (or perhaps you already have).

Next week is finals week, and I have a large paper to write, so you probably won't see much of me, but after that I may well be more present.
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 12-11-2003, 10:57 AM   #163
Bźthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

We look forward to seeing you more present in the future, Belin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #164
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I will be working a lot with limited internet access for the next two weeks, Sunday to Sunday. However, I will check, read, and try to post as I normally would. Happy holidays and new year respectively.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:04 PM   #165
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Finally got around to editing that save post. Blah. Stupid technical problems. I'll be around a lot more the next two weeks; Winter break. *yay* So, happy..winter holidays! :-)

-The Lady Aerowen
Old 12-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #166
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Due to the whole "I didn't get the Private Message": if you remember it, X, can you just tell me "yay" or "nay" in here?

And Dwarves: no leaving the site just yet. I'm just checking something with TheXPhial.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #167
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I left it open for a Ranger to speak to me the first night or for speach giving at the burial. Also if someone would like to come welcome or challenge me at the end is ok.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #168
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Menel, please check pm box.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #169
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok, Awyrgan is getting ready to set of on a several day extended patrol of the area surrounding the settlement with a yet-unselected companion and the understanding that he's not supposed to stir up trouble with the hillman.

So, does anyone have any ideas what sort of things should take place during the escapade? Near miss encounter with a group of hilllmen? Fight with single hillman? How could this fit in best with the main plot?

LMKWYT
Old 01-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #170
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I'd like to go with Awyrgan, as I have explained to Kryssal. If the post is already up, I'm sorry that I wasn't here. I was on vacation.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:17 PM   #171
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I edited my post to include Thoronmir Menel. Don't forget to tell us next time of a slightly extended absence and all will be good good [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

For the outriding, perhaps you two could find the food source and win the contest without even knowing about the contest in the first place. I wouldn't like you getting in a fight, but talk to Ibai about that because perhaps it would provoke the hillmen into attacking sooner. Those are just two feeble ideas, brainstorm together and check with one of the owners for any huge happenings.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:23 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Kryssal ]
Old 01-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #172
Carrūn
Wight

Sting

I will be filling in my save with a generic thoughts, packing, & leaving post and then we can continue discussing what events will actually happen on the excursion.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:28 PM   #173
Carrūn
Wight

Tolkien

I filled in my save from Friday. It doesn't say exactly what the goals are of the mission so that is still all up for discussion. If anyone sees anything that needs editing let me know.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #174
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great post carrun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I will be writing something in the next few days never fear!
Old 01-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #175
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Sting

Carrun, would you like to meet bear in the wilderness... this will help us hillmen in finding a trigger for further events. Bear vs two rangers... I like those odds [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

All three of us limp off home... you guys return to the settlement prematurely?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #176
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Very sorry, I have been busy and unable to devote enough time to this game recently.

Anything for dwarves to be doing? Olin is ready and waiting to be beaten into submission by his superiors... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Himaran
Old 02-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #177
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Carrun, X-phial, Belin... check your bloody PM's! hehe [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #178
Carrūn
Wight

Tolkien

^^^ Eh, did not receive one...

Osse, I'm thinking about what you said about Bear. I'll let you know as soon as I can once I come up with something.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #179
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Still waiting on X for an answer to something I private messaged her.

And where did Varda go anyway? I was going to let her post before I did.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:02 PM   #180
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

yeah me too, sent a few things X's way, she must be very busy as usual! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Carrun, check you PM's and we'll decide how to go about the rangers meeting bear...

Osse
Old 02-11-2004, 07:15 AM   #181
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
It looks as though I wasn't paying attention and posted this in the wrong forum...it didn't get moved with the rest. Here is what I wrote two days ago:

Apologies to all for the PM situation. I believe it is all sorted. I have been suffering from the world's worst writer's block, also with a schedule change it has been rather difficult to get myself motivated lately. All excuses aside, I am back now, and into the swing again, looking forward to the upcoming attack when all of our lovely characters get to finally meet each other...except for the dwarves who will be getting their shipment right after the attack
Old 02-12-2004, 03:54 PM   #182
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Nyeh, I know I've had a shameful lack of posting. I blame this on exams, work, a nasty, very long complicated essay, and my sheer laziness.

But I have a holiday weekend coming up, and I will take the time to catch up, post, and in general get used to this...strange...new...forum...layout thingie.

It gave me quite a fright when I saw it. *tsks*
Old 02-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #183
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Hunting Competitors

Bethberry - I have a post that is almost ready, but I need to be sure on a few details.

AT the moment, are Culumdril and Cuilad the only competitors from the settlement, or are there more non-played men going with us?

Are we waiting for the rangers to join us to start off, or should I take us in that direction?

That's what I can remember at the moment, if I think of something else before I speak with you, I will edit them in.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #184
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril To Himaran and Varda

Yeah...definitely sent private messages a few days ago to the old Barrow-Downs Forum...(roughly...five days ago?) So, either pop on down there or say the word and I'll resend the message to you here. And if you got the other messages, all the more power to you.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #185
Bźthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bźthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Alak,

I assumed that everyone who is playing a settler could choose to take part in the hunting competition or not as they wish to post.

I had thought, based on what XPhial had first set up, that there would be two separate groups hunting, the settlers and the Rangers. But I could be wrong. Maybe X could give us some direction or some of the Ranger gamers could suggest something here. I don't have strong feelings either way.

I still have major RL committments which take away a great deal of Net time. I will check in daily and try to keep up posting, though.

Bethberry
Old 02-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #186
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

I conceived of two different groups, one for settlers and one for rangers. The hunt will work like this. When the first kill is made, the group will send a specified smoke signal. The hunt will last a specified amount of time (I was thinking 48 hours) and then the total haul of each group will be compared. There will be a prize for first kill and another for most brought in over all. We can start whenever you are ready
Old 02-14-2004, 09:24 PM   #187
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Thank you, ladies.

I have posted, but I didn't post them leaving as I wasn't sure whether the rangers should be there or not.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #188
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Osse asked me via IM to tell you that his account has been lost during the move, and thus he will not be able to post until that is fixed. If it becomes necessary, I think he can send his posts to either me or Belin and we can put them up for him.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #189
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dūm

Great post, Alak, and Tin...it's noted, thanks for the update
Old 02-25-2004, 11:17 PM   #190
Ulmo's Right Hand

New account

Hi all, Osse here... just got myself a new account... some utter bum has stolen Ossė... grrrr

Well, will try and sort out other account, but at least I can go on somewhat!

Regards to all!

Osse

Old 02-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #191
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
I regress.....

*Varda*, is there anything for the dwarves to be doing?

Himaran
Old 02-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #192
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

Having sorted out my account I too regress.... CARRUN we need to sort out the confrontation asap and get it posted!!
PM me please.

Osse
Old 02-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #193
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril Varda...

Himaran: I've been holding off until I hear something from *Varda*. However, since I haven't heard from here, it seems we may have to press on. You got my PM about what's going on right? That should give you some idea of what to focus on. I'll try to find some substantial time to work on a post as well.

Note: I will not be on much. I know I won't be on this upcoming Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. The week after that, I'm not going to be on at least Wednesday and Thursday. In other words, my days are severely limited and most of those days, I won't even be home until roughly 9:45 p.m., so I won't even be using the computer much. To sum it up: I have no free time and I apologize for being horribly absent.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:01 AM   #194
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Ack!

Bah, what can I say? I'm all talk and no posting. *hangs head in shame* My posting may be limited this week - I have a few essays and an exam, but I can do my best to throw a post together and have something up for tomorrow (Wed) night.

And seriously, if I don't, feel free to hang, draw and quarter me. (in the least painful way, please).
Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #195
Carrūn
Wight

Ok, I've edited my save. Honestly, I forget who it was whose character we were going to run into so a memory jolt would be great.

[Edit] Oh....

Himaran, I know you're not that busy you lazy bum. Post something.

Last edited by Carrūn; 03-04-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #196
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

CHECK YOUR PM'S Carrun hehe
Old 03-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #197
Osse
Shade of Carn Dūm

great post carrun!! feels great to have actually have our characters meet dosent' it.

Belin's post should come next...
Old 03-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #198
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril *Hangs her own head in shame*

Varda: my new information makes yours look like nothing. I am leaving tomorrow morning for a week-long vacation. I will return Saturday, and probably be able to come on Sunday and Monday. Then I'm leaving again Tuesday for college visits and returning for Friday. Then I have Saturday and Sunday, and then all my non-posting periods will increase, as we're going full-swing in play rehearsals. I apologize. I will get on when I can and hopefully work on posts offline.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #199
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Quote:
Originally posted by The X Phial
I conceived of two different groups, one for settlers and one for rangers. The hunt will work like this. When the first kill is made, the group will send a specified smoke signal. The hunt will last a specified amount of time (I was thinking 48 hours) and then the total haul of each group will be compared. There will be a prize for first kill and another for most brought in over all. We can start whenever you are ready

Eh. Oops. I'll go edit my post. Stupid...long...post things. But what is the specified smoke signal? Or do they just, know? ;-)
Old 03-14-2004, 05:13 PM   #200
Kryssal
Wight

I think having Alearindu telling them to put up the signal even though we as writers don't know the specifics of it would be fine. Sorry about totally spacing that.