Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #281
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Hey,

I just started a new character on the Pora Diy and had him knocked over board. Before he fell, Graring saw that the corsairs were losing the battle. Could he be picked up by another corsair ship, and relate the outcome of the fight?

Just a thought,

Himaran
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #282
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Himaran: Even though the odds of Graring getting picked up is tres unlikely, if you get him to sort of reboard the Pora Diy after Avershire's finished with it and try unsuccessfully to rescue some of the men Avershire locks inside, abandoning ship just before the blow we may be able to make it work (mostly because they're going to notice a man floating around in the water). He'll have to grab hold of some decent wreckage after the fire though to survive.

Then, have the Might of Realge get to him. They'll come across the wreckage of the Pora Diy. Don't write about Graring spending days in the ocean, have it be in the span of just one day at most and let's have him be the only Pora Diy survivor though. Once aboard the Might of Realge, he can tell them what happened. This is good because this will also inspire them to be quick with getting a lifeboat out and to the Yonder Bound. Okay, have fun (but try to be as realistic as possible with it).

Another tres important thing, this is what I don't want: Evil Pirates. I want to see pirates with a decent amount of fear, sadness, guilt, etc. Not a lot of bloodlust. Enjoyment of the adrenaline, not the kill. They are human too! I am so serious about this. If I'd wanted evil characters I'd have opened one with orcs etc. Usually in my RPGs I don't cast the parts of evil characters just because they're abused so much so PLEASE try to avoid such behavior from the ANTAGONISTIC characters. Thank you!

-Maikafanawen
Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #283
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Question Sorry for the SAVE

I just put up a SAVE - I'll post around about lunch tomorrow, after most of my classes. Calnan will be contributing, first with his longbow, then possibly with his sword.

A question: Why are the archers to aim for the sails? Do you mean to cut the rigging, so the sails won't be of use? How about trying to eliminate officers from the quarterdeck, especially when they're not really close - I would think the longbow has a greater range than probably most other bows on board ship.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:20 PM   #284
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Nuranar: As to the archers: I dunno for sure, but methinks that if archers disabled a ships' ability to manuver by shreading sails and disabling ropes and such, then since we have catapults, they could take out anyone or anything on deck with more ease and acuracy. An officer drowns just like any other man. (Ack! Where has the evil smilie gone?!? I have to settle for just looking pleased? Not fair!)

Anyways, Maika: About when should we end the battle and set the Dry ablaze?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:56 AM   #285
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

AHA! So its Calnan who I have to thank for that untimely bath, eh Nuranor?

Is anyone going to post? Jythralo has many more ships than just the Diy, and their crews are all waiting to be mercilessly slaughtered as well...

Himaran
Old 02-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #286
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Aman, we're not using cannons we're using catapults so you may need to go back and edit this:

Quote:
chained cannon-balls
and this:

Quote:
another cannon ricocheted
This also is mildly erroneous since there was no Davey Jones in Middle Earth to name the depths after:

Quote:
Davey Jones's locker
But as long as the character didn't 'say' the words I guess it's okay however we should be mindful about sailor slang that may not be precise as far as Middle Earth is concerned. I hope Yulman will survive his wounds because I was hoping to keep him around for a while. I don’t want to loose any of the secondary characters I've listed yet.

And I really don't mean to be fastidious, however in the middle of war, when a surgeon or another sailor is frantically going about his business to fight for his life and that of the ship and crew I have great doubts that it would be time for any sort of introductions or conversations. Sailors helping sailors would be second nature without time for any smiles of gratitude or verbal thanks. We need to remember what's about the characters and save lots of talk for after the battles.

Is everyone making sure to read the posts above theirs completely before they post? This way we'll avoid any major inaccuracies.

Great job everyone! This is getting back up and going. Aman your two posts were very nicely done. And yours was an exciting read, Nuranar! Tres bien fait!

And if I can find time before going to see The Passion and the Academy Awards, I'll finish the battle up tomorrow. I'll also save you a post, Arvedui, if you don't get a chance to do one but I may not even have time so... yah...

-Maikafanawen

PS I think I'm getting jealous about Sedal too so let's keep him very much alive too. I liked how you developed him, Aman, tis exactly what I was thinking!
Old 02-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #287
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Glad you liked it, Maika - I tried to send you a PM yesterday to check you were alright with it, but it was about the time when the barrowdowns then went down. Thanks anyway The description you gave seemed to lean towards the doctor from Master and Commander, so I may have expanded on that a wee bit...

If you so wish it, my dear, I shall not lay even a further finger on Mister Yulman - he shall remain strictly in Sedal's care and you may do whatever you wish with him, as soon as Callath gets onto the deck I fear he may be a wee bit held up with Devon and the corsairs (that sound like an Enid Blyton book to anyone else?!) etc. As for conversation, I was merely trying to have something to work with, but I will cut down dialogue if you really want, and edit the bits you asked
Old 02-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #288
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Quote:
The description you gave seemed to lean towards the doctor from Master and Commander
Hurrah! Someone else thinks so too. I thought I was the only person who went to see that movie. Anyways, I put up a save. Should be able to write Telson's prospective on the battle at the commercials during the Oscars or something. It'll be filled by morning, though.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:05 PM   #289
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

WHEE!! I'm so glad my post went over well. I'll let you all in on a secret: It's not done. Honestly, what's up right now is emphatically a rough draft, albeit some parts smoother than others. I was getting thoughts down as I could, going on when I got stuck, and working hard on particular bits to get the vision I had in my head down right before I forgot it.

I unexpectedly had to go home for a funeral, so that's why it's still not done. Unless anyone's got a serious problem with that, I'm going to continue to hone it.

Hold it, Himaran, you are the one who sent what's-his-name into the brine. I was merely trying to make this battle a little more integrated with each other. But hold a grudge if you wish, by all means!

Maika, thank you very much for the commendation! I enjoy writing action/combat, but I find it takes a lot of thought: (1) To imagine the scene in my head (which isn't as easy for me as it is for others I know), and (2) To convey the scene in words. I love this challenge, because I'm trying to communicate a very complicated thought, which usually takes lots of specific words, but I also have to write simply - the language can't get in the way of what is happening. And for an example of this struggle, just re-read this paragraph.
Oh, do you have any preferences about what I do with Devon? I mean, about getting him back to the North Wind? I'd hate for him to bleed to death on the Pora Diy's deck, which is what is happening at the moment.

I finally saw Master and Commander Thursday night. I love that movie! Wow, so good. And incidentally, Thursday night was after everything that's in my post to date - meaning I had no help in thinking these things out. Thank goodness for Horatio Hornblower - it is possible to write clearly about sea battles! That's another thing about writing action - I knew it'd take a while to write this post, but I hadn't counted on the complication of describing ship manuevers! There's so many things to keep track of when you're dependent upon the wind...
Old 03-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #290
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Yes, Stephen was definitely my favorite character from that fantastic movie I simply couldn't pass up a chance to figure someone of my own. I will personalize him though, I'm not that cheap.

Yes, lol, not as cheap as Nuranar! (just kidding) I wonder how well that would go over if I claimed that all my posts were, *adopts mock humble voice* "oh that? oh, well," *waves hand* "tosh, it's just a rough draft!" Haha, just kidding Nuranar!

Well then I'll hold off on finishing the battle? I'll just slip in another post for Avershire (he needs to get his hands a little bloody) and we'll see how it goes? Jolly.

Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 03-02-2004, 08:36 PM   #291
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Post is up. Took me a good bit longer than I thought it would, (Curse you, physics project!) sorry about that.

Quote:
Yes, Stephen was definitely my favorite character from that fantastic movie
Mine too. He was the best part of the books as well.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #292
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Hello everyone!
I plan on posting but not tonight because I didn't get any sleep last night-and I mean no sleep. I kind of fell asleep driving today and went off the road so I'm going to bed but I wanted to let you guys know that Doran is going to get some posts in when I'm not falling asleep at red lights and going off the roads. It is kind of funny falling asleep at a redlight because then its the people behind you honking that wake ya up... (I love this smiley!)
Old 03-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #293
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring Yikes!

Dear me, I didn't mean to sound in any way falsely modest there. I totally know you're joking, Maika, but I'm still sorry if I sounded fake about that. It had been four days and in my mind what I had up was a rough draft. But to me "rough draft" means that I haven't completely revised it! I spend a lot of time as a write it...editing as I go, you might say.

All that to say my post is not as perfect as I'd like, but on the whole I'm satisfied, I've done very little further to it, and I'm FINISHED with it.

Earendil, I'm glad you're still with us!

Now...When is the next battle? Fighting is fun! Carry on!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #294
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Ah! Now that BD is no longer blocked by my psycotic (sp?) filter (for ALCOHOL, of all things), I can post again. Should have more up about Graring or Jurex within a day or two.

Quote:
Hold it, Himaran, you are the one who sent what's-his-name into the brine. I was merely trying to make this battle a little more integrated with each other. But hold a grudge if you wish, by all means!
Ahem. I see that my classic, artistic and strangely pathetic attempt at clever satire is lost on some people.

Just kidding! Nuranor: Perhaps that grudge can be played out later, eh?

Himaran

P.S. Earendil, I love that little avatar, too...
Old 03-04-2004, 06:38 PM   #295
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Maika! Check your PMs!

Did my message not reach you?

Sorry, but that's the reason I haven't been posting: I was awaiting your reply! I needed your approval and consent on something.

Thanks!

And sorry again!

-Durelin
Old 03-06-2004, 04:23 PM   #296
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Hey!

Sorry I've been out of it this week. All the auditions for the spring musicals and talent shows are starting up and I swear I've had my share of tap-heels! Anyways I'm going to write something this very minute before I got to my billionth audition at er, 7:00.

Durelin: Ok I got your PM, check your box

-Maikafanawen
*hums* '...and all that jazz! dah nuh nuh dah.....'
Old 03-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #297
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Okay, but the battle is done. The Pora Diy's crew and captain will be given the chance to submit to Avershire but refuse. So we'll have to sink 'em with the ship. This along with Meri's bad behavior will really make Avershire moody.

Meri's indifference to Devon will be played out more you know with Avershire yelling at her about the difference between themselves and the pirates having to do with their looking out for one another etc.... so we'll get to that.

Nuranar, if you wouldn't mind having Calnan getting Devon to safety. Avershire would be more than willing to help. Or actually, a better idea would be to have Marx help get him over there. He seems like a good personality to get along well with them, yes?

I really probably have to do more on this I just ran out of time. Just end the battle for your character and get it to the point where we have to lock them in the Pora Diy and sink them. Does that part make sense?

Okay I've got to go.

Ta!
-Maikafanawen
Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #298
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Devon is safely back on the right ship (thanks to Marx - nice guy, that) and in Mr. Sedal's capable hands. (That last part is implied - I spoke only through Calnan and he's still on the Pora Diy.)

I hope my interpretation of both Meri and Avershire is passably on the mark, Maika. I didn't do much with Meri, but I did want to take the action a little further than your last post. If you want to replace anything - like Avershire's call for surrender, because I'm unsure about it - just let me know.

I want to work out Calnan's thoughts in another post after the battle and corsair-sinking, so I hope there'll be an opportunity before the next fight. Especially I want to express his thoughts about the Meri situation (I know what he'll be thinking right now) but I want to work in whatever happens later with her and Avershire.

Quote:
Avershire yelling at her about the difference between themselves and the pirates having to do with their looking out for one another
I take it Avershire's going to find out about what she did about Devon? If so, please don't have Calnan tell him - at least not as a tattletale. I think he's a bit more gentlemanly than that.

Hey now, Himaran, you're not the only one capable of using satire. I knew that you were teasing, so I responded in kind. And I'd love to play out that grudge. Looks like Calnan may be making personal enemies on both sides!
Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #299
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Bad news people. I'm on the computer at school but unfortunately, my computer at home bit the dust friday night and is now dead and buried. It says I need to reinstall Windows but I can't do that if the computer keeps shutting off by itself after 5 minutes. So, if you don't hear from me soon (I'll let you guys decide how "soon") then Doran will need to be played by somebody else. Sorry.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #300
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Earendil - We need to see what Himaran, Arien, and Galadriel of the Olden think. If they want to keep things rolling then I could play a little Doran for a while as you fix your technological problems. Do you think you could offer an estimate of how long it will take you to either fix your computer or get a new one?

Nuranar - *stands*applauds* Let me guess, another one of your rough drafts? Truly admirable! Avershire's little 'surrender!' was okie dokie! You'll definitely get time for more Calnan between fights.

Oh! I JUST GOT THE MOST BRILLIANTIST OF IDEAS! Well perhaps not, it's sort of predictable, but get this: I was just thinking about what you said. How would Avershire find out about what Meri did? It's most likely that he wouldn't so Calnan and Meri build up this sort of amnosity between them that no one can explain and Calnan doesn't (he wouldn't) tell anyone about what she did, not even Devon. So later on, during a battle Devon saves Meri's life by risking his own and when they're sort of recouperating Meri says something along the lines of, you know, 'Why did you do that?' and he sort of looks at her incredulously and says, 'Because I know that you'd do the same for me,' and boom total breakdown for her, right? Anyways that's my thought. Any ideas on your part, Nuranar?

*rubs hands* I hope I'm not the only one enjoying this; carry on!

-Maikafanawen

Last edited by maikafanawen; 03-08-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #301
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up A brilliant idea indeed!

Yay! Glad you like it. Na, no rough draft this time - but it *only* took me 3 or 4 hours! Long time, but it seemed to go so fast...

Oh, way cool idea! Especially since it just kinda happened - I mean not planning the antagonism there at all. Terrific! Meri's cool, but she does need taken down a little bit. And it sounds like a lot of fun to write. Except I don't know he'd say because that's what she'd do - her behavior kinda illustrated the opposite to him - but because that's what allies (or something like that) do. And that'd fit in with your earlier comment, if I understand it right.
Quote:
the difference between themselves and the pirates having to do with their looking out for one another
Allies look out for each other - a common goal, themes of holding something together, have to start with each other, et cetera. All told, sounds terrific!

Oh, I see that you've wrapped up the Pora Diy. Very good - I don't think I could've envisioned come up with that depth to the scene. Good show! Shall I wait for another poster before I resume with Calnan? Any hints on the direction to take (literally with the ship, or figuratively with the mood on board), or shall I just focus on him?

Last edited by Nuranar; 03-08-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #302
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

We need a week between battles (RPG-wise) for repairs to the North Wind. During that time we can develop the 'mood' of our characters and their position etc...

When the dagger cut into Devon's LEFT shoulder it severed some muscle and some of the nerves that send signals to his left arm. He was left-handed so that was his sword arm. He will not be able to do much of anything wit his left hand/arm for about a month and even though it will most likely heal (Says Mr. Sedal).... he won't be able to fence as fast and as sure as he used to or even at all with that arm. We'll have to think of something....

But just so no one talks about Devon recovering well etc and using his left arm.

Post away!

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-11-2004, 07:14 AM   #303
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Maika: Which ship is closest to the wreck? I need someone to pick up poor Graring.

Himaran
Old 03-11-2004, 07:12 PM   #304
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe Ship's Time

Here is some useful information concerning Ship's Time. Taken from the Appendix to 'The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle'

Quote:
Ship's Time

On sailing ships crews were divided into teams so as to share all work. These teams were called watches. On the North Wind, Meri Loliway has the command of one watch, Frenchy--now Marx, as residing second mate--takes charge of the second.

The day was broken up into time periods--also called watches--as follows:

Midwatch ran from midnight to 4:00 AM;
morning watch ran from 4:00 AM to 8:00 AM;
forenoon watch ran from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon;
afternoon watch ran from 12:00 noon to 4:00 PM;
first dog watch ran from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM;
second dog watch ran from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM;
night watch ran from 8:00 PM to midnight.

A typical day would have a sailor working alternate watches, a system called "watch and watch," in this fashion:

off during midwatch; work morning watch;
off forenoon watch; work afternoon watch;
off first dog watch; work second dog watch;
off night watch.

This meant that on the following day the sailor's schedule would be:

Work during midwatch; off morning watch;
work forenoon watch; off afternoon watch;
work first dog watch; off second dog watch;
work night watch.

And so on....

This pattern of watch and watch meant that no sailor ever had more than four hours sleep at a time. Of course, if there was a need, such as general reseting or overhaul of the sails--or a storm--all hands could be called, and they would report even if it was not their watch. (Or if it was a battle!)

To keep track of time, the mates ran the ship's bell every half hour. They did it this way:

1 bell meant the first half hour after the watch began;
2 bells meant the second half hour;
3 bells meant the third half hour;
4 bells meant the fourth half hour;
5 bells meant the fifth half hour;
6 bells meant the sixth half hour;
7 bells meant the seventh half hour;
8 bells mean the eighth half hour and the end of the watch.

For example, if two bells ran out during the first dog watch, it would be, by land reckoning, 5:00 PM.
That should help.

I think a good idea would be to use the place where it says "Past subject:" to type in the watch, which mate's in charge and maybe which half hour if its relevant. If its too confusing, one doesn't have to worry about it. We may need to figure out who is on whose watch.

Callath is on Marx's; Calnan is on Loliway's -- that's for the antagonism etc.; Devon will be on Marx's when he heals.; Telson can be on Loliway's. if that's all okay with everyone.

More later

-Maikafanawen

Oh, and Himaran, we can have The Might of Realge be closest. Sound good? We can get into this more later.

Last edited by maikafanawen; 03-11-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #305
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I took too long to get a post up for Adeline during the battle.

But, I still posted it. So, if you would like it moved to a place where it fits better in the 'RPG time', then just let me know.

And I hope the post itself is alright. As Arvedui has been focusing on Telson, it is hard for me to describe what's going on on the Rapscallion, especially from the point of view of a young woman. I did my best...

And sorry about it taking me so long to get a post up, I'm just slow on the uptake...

Thanks!

-Durelin
Old 03-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #306
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Hello everyone. I am back with a vengeance! My hardrive needed to be reformatted but alas, it was too damaged and couldn't be reformatted (don't know how that happened) but now I have a new cpu so can anyone give me the short, catch-up version with whats going on because I don't have time to read all the posts I've missed if I'm going to start posting for Doran anytime soon.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #307
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Earendil, there's not too much to read. If you start now you'll be able to get through it. It's not like you were absolutely on top of everything that was going on before your computer died so I think you can catch up on your own.

Good post Aman!

Since this week is St. Patrick's Day, and I live in a place where that's a bigger deal than Christmas, I doubt I'll have much time at all to do anything until Sunday when I'm sober again. So y'all have got time to do stuff before the next battle. The minute I get back though I'm going to jump strait into the fighting, sound good?

All right, Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 03-15-2004, 11:09 PM   #308
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Quote:
It's not like you were absolutely on top of everything that was going on before your computer died so I think you can catch up on your own.
geez, thats nice...

Do you realize that in the time it took you to type that, you could have told me whats happening in the story?

Well, I'll start reading, but with AP tests, essays, and a bunch of other crap to do after school, I'm pretty pressed for time, so remembering where I left off and then catching up will just hinder me in posting something. Oh well, better get reading...
Old 03-16-2004, 08:23 AM   #309
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Howdy all,

Apologies for the delay in posting. It looks like Maika's St. Patrick's Day celebrations and my Spring Break at home (and camping) will coincide. I'll try to get Calnan's 'tween-battle post up before Thursday, when I leave.

Durelin, I'm confused - Adeline is on the Rapscallion, right? Then who was it fighting? The North Wind was attacking the Pora Diy, another corsair ship.

Earendil, glad to see you're back, and you have my full sympathies about your computer! As Maika said, though, there's really not much to catch up on. Sum total: you've lost a ship.

Carry on!
Nuranar
Old 03-16-2004, 05:08 PM   #310
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Well I've got a few moments before I'm supposed to leave to go downtown and set up in the hotel room so I'll say a few things.

Earendil, there were a total of 7 posts that were added during your absence. I can't believe that that is too much for you to read. However, my responsibility remains and I will summarize it for you if necessary. However, I do suggest that you go back and read everything such as second character bios, and watch assignments from the discussion thread.

Quote:
Do you realize that in the time it took you to type that, you could have told me whats happening in the story?
Do you realize that in the time it took you to type that, that you could have gotten a good start on reading the posts on the RPG thread you've missed? It's not that offering a summary would impinge upon my time, it's that as a player who has not posted on the RPG thread since February 8th probably has missed more than just the 7 posts written during his absence. Hmm.... Unless you have been studiously following along, then, my apologies.

Nuranar, Durelin and I spoke via PM and I think that we discussed something along the lines of coastal villages sending out defensive ships to Doran's Rapscallion. It wasn't very clear in the post but I'm almost sure that this is what she meant, just to help a little with the clarity.

-Maikafanawen, a ready-for-the-holiday Game Owner
Old 03-17-2004, 01:02 PM   #311
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Tolkien

Thanks Maika

Happy St Patricks day, everyone!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:39 PM   #312
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, Maika, now I remember something on the discussion thread some time ago about Doran attacking coastal villages while waiting for Devon & Co. I suppose I've just been fixated on our own battle to the point of exclusion.

Anyway, Calnan's 'tween-battles post is up. I won't presume to comment on the quality of it, after what happened last time I did.

Well, I'll be back Sunday! I'm off to spend the next four days in the 1860s.

Carry on!
Nuranar, the Civil War reenactress
Old 03-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #313
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

I've got a track meet, so I'm going to be lazy and put up a Save for my in-between post. Should be up in full in the morning.

Quote:
Nuranar, the Civil War reenactress
Really? Most awesome. What battle's have you been in? I've only done little things like the Battle of Port Hudson, was amazingly fun though. If only I lived in Virginia...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:40 PM   #314
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Port Hudson? You are talking about the one in Louisiana? I was there last year at the 2003 reenactment. I was in the zouave regiment-the 105th NY.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #315
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

Earendil, obviously you have some new ideas about what you want to happen in the RPG that contrast with the original outline. It was mentioned that The Might of Realge would pick Graring up and we have the individual battles laid out all ready. Why don't you send me a PM and we'll work this out. For the time being, though, we'll have to pass by your most recent post and continue with the original plan. It was a nice post though.

Have fun on your trip Nuranar and good post!

And the save is fine Arvedui.

I'm going to move this along faster as soon as I can think clearly enough to write a good post leading us into the next battle. Sound good? Right

Ta!
Maikafanawen
Old 03-18-2004, 10:40 PM   #316
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Well, I'm sorry that I couldn't remember every single, little detail. I guess since it was "mentioned," I especially should've remembered that the Might of Realge was going to pick up Graring. Woops. Let me correct my mistake and discard my "new ideas" about what I want to happen. Silly me.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:16 PM   #317
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Graring was picked up by the Realge. All is good in the world.

Himaran
Old 03-19-2004, 07:50 PM   #318
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

I filled in the save as well. Though if all his truly right in the world now, I cannot guess.

Quote:
Port Hudson? You are talking about the one in Louisiana? I was there last year at the 2003 reenactment. I was in the zouave regiment-the 105th NY.
Dude! Awesome! I didn't go last year, but I was there a couple of years ago. But given the fact that I can't acutally own any of the equipment I use, I was just taking pictures. Mostly, I get to actually do stuff at the Battle of New Orleans and for school and stuff. *sighs*

Last edited by Arvedui III; 03-19-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #319
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Pipe

*waves hands* Whoa! If they keep changing the format of the Downs, One is about to get confused tres rapido! (That was definitely a tri-lingual attempt!)

I am tres sorry about the delay on the next post I am frantically trying to find time for all my dooties. TOmorrow looks like a possibility but I want to get you guys to get into this RPG too. So how about someone else begin the next section of our outline if at all possible:

Quote:
- The next battle, Avershire takes on two Lesser Ships at the same time. Most of Avershire's crew boards the Regal Dawn to escape their ship (which is sort of attached to the Regal Dawn by grapnels) as the Might of Realge sinks The North Wind bye bye. The grapnels are cut just in time and the Regal Dawn rights herself. The majority of Avershire's crew takes over the Regal Dawn and sends it after the Might of Realge to rescue the other members of Avershire's crew (who are overtaken by the corsairs of that ship). It is a hard fight, but the Regal Dawn eventually wins and the crewmembers who have survived the battles board her (both corsairs and Avershire's men).

(A life boat -maybe with Graring in it, Himaran? you decide- is launched at the last moment from the Might of Realge and speeds away without the know of Avershire to warn the Yonder Bound of the Regal Dawn's fate)

for later:- Avershire takes a role call and finds that he now only has 30 souls to man an 100 man ship. So he forces some of his corsair prisoners to join in the working of the sails and things of the sort while his men stand as guards or overseers.
We all ready know how the catapults work and I'm sure most of you now a wee bit about ship battle tactics from watching Pirates of the Caribbean (how about that anchor trick?) and Master and Commander and maybe some of us have seen Horatio Hornblower with Gregory Peck? or Cutthroat Island with Gena Davis? or any of those good ocean adventure movies I'm forgetting about. Lots of us have probably read some books too like The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle? Captain Blood? Billy Budd? Pyrate? even Moby Dick! There are plenty of them out there anyways. But even if y'all haven't there's plenty to get y'all going. So hopefully I'll be able to do something tomorrow--even if it's a short one-- but let's still have y'all do something too.

Thanks, I know you guys can do it!

-Maikafanawen
Old 03-23-2004, 07:13 PM   #320
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

Some Book Keeping

Here is the status on when everyone's last post was on each the Discussion Thread and the RPG Thread. I've put in bold what needs to be checked up on:

Quote:
Discussion Thread:-----------------------RPG Thread:

Maikafanawen----Today----------------3/13/04
Earendil -----------3/18/04--------------2/08/04
Aman---------------3/17/04--------------3/14/04
Nuranar------------3/18/04--------------3/18/04
Himaran------------3/19/04--------------3/19/04
*Arien-------------2/10/04--------------2/13/04
Arvedui-------------3/19/04---------------3/19/04
**GaladrielOTO-----1/15/04-----------==no idea==
Durelin--------------3/12/04---------------3/12/04

* She said she was going to be absent from February 14 to February 20 on a snowboarding trip to Austria. She has not checked back since February 20th.... so it's been about a month.... HOPEFULLY she's fine and just hasn't gotten around to getting back to us.... I haven't a problem with waiting, Acacia's not really involved in the RPG at the moment. Is that okay for everyone?

** I believe we've lost her. As far as her character's gone though I think there might have been 1 to 2 posts regarding her so.... we can just leave it.
I promise to keep more on top of things. I don't see any barriers as far as my time is concerned in the immediate future so all should be and go well.

I've also got my post up. I posted for three or four characters too so that's they only reason why it’s a little long. Otherwise I kept to my word and kept it short.... per character.... *weak smile* lol

So hopefully someone else will get a chance to launch the attack on the Might of Realge and the Regal Dawn, yes? We'll see how it goes!

-Maikafanawen, Your Friendly Neighborhood Game Owner

P.S. I was opening the discussion thread just now and looking over the names of the last people who had posted in the other RPGs (And taking note how Ambassador's Son always seems to be at the bottom of the list ) and I saw the name Fordim Hedgethistle and I just thought: "What an AWESOME name!" Don't y'all think so? Anyways--I just had to say something about that. Ta!