Old 12-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #201
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

WOW!!!!!

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fantastic Writing Everyone!

Merry christmas too, belated as this is.

Firstly, thanks to LMP for keeping this going whilst I was off scatting about. The fight at the camp and within the ruins was wonderfully put together.

That is no mean feat, given the diversity of characters involved. You all worked wonderfully together. For those of you new to such collaboration, I hope it gave you a taste of how much fun it can be. Anything can happen, and usually does, and with so many creative people, the story is inevitably interesting.

As far as I can make out - the camp fight is concluded in favour of our folks, without injury with a prisoner to question.

I have caught Uien up as best I could contrive, after being rusty at such things after so long a break. She's slipped her two pursuers, and has circled back to follow Falowik.

She applied her healer's knowledge in a forbidden way, and the result was that she killed two men, though whether it was her intent to do so remains unclear still. Uien could not have done so without being injured, as both men had swords and knew how to use them. She caught one by surprise, and took a wound to her shoulder as she took the second.

She also injured her hands as she picked up his sword to cut Falowik's bonds, shock falling over her. Uien is not gravely injured at all, but she is in deep shock and is loosing blood. Consequently, Uien is sucuumbing to the stones utterly and I expect that Uien will learn the grotesque secret of the stones in the hours leading to dawn.

What comes next is the reuniting of the group at dawn. This could happen in a number of ways. Falowik and Uien could make their way back to the group. I don't think Uien will travel far though in her current state, and there are still the two men and others in the ruins to contend with.

What seems more likely to my way of thinking is this:

The remnant attackers will ride off at dawn, deciding belatedly to report the group to their superiors in the wake of their defeat. It is now obvious that the group represents a threat. Falco will insist on going to Fornost to root out the "traitors" - namely Falowik and Uien.

The group could take the injured prisoner with them, wishing to find Falowik and Uien for their own reasons (concern for their safety or to bring them to justice).

Once all are at Fornost, Uien will tell them what the stones are telling them, and things will take a darker turn for all. Meanwhile, the enemy will now be roused and gone are the dull and eventless days of travel. The group will have to make a choice: pressing on to find Eodwine through territory held by terrifying foes (as revealed by the secret of Fornost) or returning to Bree to gather reinforcements.

I expect a division in the group over what seems the best option. Some characters may well decide to turn back and others may decide to press on. That choice rests with what you think best fits with your character.

Again, fantastic work people. I have missed this RP. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-30-2003, 11:31 AM   #202
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Um, Elora, about Gorby: you said in your post that he agreed with Falco. Though I haven't figured out how he would have responded, he would definetly not have agreed so openly with Falco because of his severe dislike for him. If you wouldn't mind editing that, I'd be much obliged. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll try and have a post up for him sometime today...

Edit: Hmmm, after rereading the post again it doesn't seem bad, but it just doesn't feel like Gorby. I'm sorry. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I know it sounds awful petty...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:57 PM December 30, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 12-30-2003, 05:09 PM   #203
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Imaldris, no need to apologise.

I understand that Gorby is in no way an admirer of the Shirriff. Here's my reasoning for the dialogue.

Gorby is clever enough to realise that the idea of moving on and looking for those missing is more important than his personal dislike of the Shirriff.

Plus, he may be more likely to speak out his mind following a fellow hobbit, personality clashes aside, than say one of the Big Folk.

What I hope I implied was Gorby's concern for those missing, rather than his agreement with Falco's suspicions. I expect that when the accusations start flying, Gorby will become a vocal dissenter with Falco. That will further underscore the differences of perspective between the two characters.

If you would still like me to edit, please let me know. I'm rather strapped for time so it may be a day or two before I can do so. If I re-allocate the dialogue, I will simply be inserting another character's name.

It was done to move the story forward to the necessary juncture in the story line (the clear splitting of the group along the lines of their points of view concerning the mission and the trustworthiness of others in the group).

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 12-30-2003, 05:15 PM   #204
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Hmmm...okay. I'll edit my post then...

Old 01-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #205
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

We need to give this thing a kickstart, don't you think? Elora? Do you think we should jump to the next point of interest?
Old 01-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #206
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I concur absolutely, LMP. Do you want to make the leap? If time pressure is an issue, I am happy to do so now that I am back in my office. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Other RP'ers, take note:

If you don't post and we move this forward, you will need to work with whatever was written for your character. This will allow us to keep momentum for the RP. Excepting glaring inconsistancies and errors, we will have to do as best by your individual characters as we can with this aim in mind.

If something we write does not fit with your plans, and you've not told us what your plans are before or not posted to that effect, then you'll need to be pretty convincing as to why we would backtrack to edit. The aim is to move forward, keep on the road and get to where this RP is heading.

From memory, the next point of interest we come to is the uncovery of the extent of evil in Fornost and the argument over what the group should next do. Suspicions and accusations boil over, and characters split into two main camps - those who want to push ahead and those who want to turn back (to get more help or report traitors and so forth).

That launches them (those who decide to push forward) to Evendim Hills and the seat of the malignant power in the North. Will your character go forward or turn back?

All shall be revealed as we do this forward leap.

If you have your own plans for this part of the rp, please put your thoughts here or P.M LMP or I so that we can take them into account with the forward leap.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 07:49 PM   #207
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

Elora, please post the next move of the rpg. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:30 PM   #208
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Contrary to my recent post which may hint at my character not wanting to continue I do in fact wish to have Esgallhugwen continue the journey to find Eodwine dead or alive. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:29 PM   #209
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

LMP, done and done. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Eswen, thanks for clearing that up.

Meneltarmacil, where for art thou? If you're busy, I well understand. If possible, please drop by and let us know what your character would do, being as he's group leader and all.

If you're unable to drop by, I hope the leap forward suits you well enough. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 10:58 PM   #210
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Esgallhugwen , again, I must ask if I portrayed your character truly...

And yes, Lira shall continue upon the deadly quest to seek young Eodwine.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #211
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Oh yes Imladris, you've done it again! I espeacially like it when Lira tries to touch Eswen and she makes a growling noise.

Sounds practically like something she would do in that state.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:46 PM   #212
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OK, I will be writing the leap ahead post sometime today.

I have yet to decide how it plays out. I hope to resolve that today. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #213
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh geez! I'm so sorry! I know this isn't the first time this has happened for me...but circumstances beyond my control kept me from even checking my email for at least the past week or so.... -_-; ...ANYWAY..shall post now. Yay!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #214
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

Hi everybody. I'd like to apologize for not doing better with this rpg. I'm going to put more time into it again. I'm posting to move the group into Fornost. Hope to see you there soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and please tell me if I did NOT do okay with your character.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:36 PM   #215
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay...I did a post with my characters. I wasn't really sure what to do, so if it is not okay I will edit it. I went back to the outline and it said that they found the remains of the men of Gondor and rangers, so that's what I went on...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:53 PM February 01, 2004: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 02-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #216
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

This is to let all the gamers know that littlemanpoet will be carrying Elora's characters along in the game.

Elora and I have been in contact. She is plowed under with deadline work on her novel for a number of weeks into the future, and cannot post to her games.

She does understand that the games must go forward, and that her characters will be handled as gently as possible.

Should her schedule clear and she be able to lift her own moratorium on outside writing, she will pop in. Until then, just handle her characters as described in their bios and within the parameters she's established for them so far in her postings.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator

Any questions, please PM me.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #217
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Heh. I was just about to post a similar news item, Pio. Thanks for doing it.

Meantime, I'm happy with the current plot developments, and one of the reasons I had Thoronmir send the company off in pairs was for you guys to be creative to find what you would.

In that vein, well done, Meneltarmacir, and awesome job, Imladris! You added a nice touch with the corpses not even being buried, which just goes to show the arrogance of the current regime, whatever that regime turns out to be. I look forward to seeing what Anson, Gorby, Lumiel and Finëwen uncover.

And don't forget about that blind prisoner - he's there for anybody to write into their post. Heh. I'll try not to forget about him either.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 PM   #218
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

I will be moving sometime next week. Not sure when... we are still kind of planning things out. So I might suddenly get disconnected from the internet without being able to tell anyone that... and if I suddenly stop posting for a few weeks, I am really sorry, but I dont have any control over the situation... I'm not sure when we will get connected again, so please just kind of tag Finëwen along with the group.

Thank you, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Alatáriel

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:14 PM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 02-04-2004, 03:39 AM   #219
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Okay, Alatariel. Thanks for letting us know.

Nice addition, Eswen.

One thing. I kind of changed my mind. I'm changing Thoronmir's order from telling us to gather to discuss, to spread out and look for more.

Eswen, please edit your post to show that change. Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 AM   #220
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

ok no problem! Great posts everyone I'm enjoying playing with you guys! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 01:59 PM   #221
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I did a post for Gorby and his findings... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] But I'm not sure if it's a bit over the top if you know what I mean.

And thank you lmp for the most excellent compliment! It made my morning as it were...

I didn't want him to find more dead bodies so I decided on this course of action...tell me if you want me to change it!

Cheers!
Istawen

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:22 PM February 04, 2004: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 02-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #222
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Actually, Imladris, not over the top. There's just one thing I'd like you to change - to bring it in line with what's coming down the road. Have the prisoner say something like this too, "and leech 'em and catch their blood in flagons to be brought... - (he won't say where) - ... and they have to feel pain when their blood comes."

Word it how you like, but have him say something about taking all the blood they can out of a sacrificial victim. Gruesome, eh? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:52 PM   #223
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Thank you, lmp. It is now edited and it is quite gruesome as you said. *grossed out face*

Cheers!
Istawen

Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #224
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I'm somewhat confused here. Could you please tell me where everybody is and what they're doing at the moment? I'm sorry I wasn't checking regularily, it's just that I've had about ten billion tons of homework this week and haven't had a lot of time to get online. I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:33 PM   #225
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Be glad to. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thoronmir & Falco: going to the prisoner to question him.

Gorby: just back to Anson and the prisoner from gruesome little adventure below ground.

Anson: listening to Gorby and trying to be a good guard

Falowik and Uien: back in the manse to seek out more evidence. NOTE: Elora is busy right now so Falowik is handling Uien - and Falco.

Lira and Eswen: in front, looking for more evidence, perhaps among the corpses (ew!)

Lumiel and Finëwen: just outside the grounds of the manse, searching for whatever turns up (like sheds with shovels), having found nothing much in the back except for the smelly latrine and a working well. NOTE: Alatariel is currently really busy, so Lumiel is defacto taking charge of her character until Alatariel is back.

By the way, I haven't checked out Lumiel's latest post yet, so this is not up to date on that account. So please check out that last post of Lumiel's to be all caught up.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #226
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

I have estimated we shall be moving out around next Wednesday... meaning we might be disconnected from the internet around then... depending on how long it takes us to get settled in, it may take a few weeks... I hope to get as much posting as I can in that time...

Alatáriel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 02-06-2004, 04:43 PM   #227
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Just thought I'd tell everyone that I brought Nimrómen back, I've sadly forgotten the little fellow in my saddle bag, must be stuffy even for an Elvish thing. anyway I've also said that Eswen has found something rather curious about the bones, all the legs seem to have been broken by the same device.

(can't think of anything that could be used to make a clean break like that right now any Ideas people?) [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #228
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Quote:
I've also said that Eswen has found something rather curious about the bones, all the legs seem to have been broken by the same device.
(can't think of anything that could be used to make a clean break like that right now any Ideas people?)
Well, Eswen, I must say I was thinking about an explanation for that for a few hours today. I finally decided that the most simple of devices are the most painful. If anyone doesn't like my idea in my post for Lira or if it is unclear let me know and I will edit/explain.

Elora said that the elves could hear grieving stones and hear Lira did. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2004, 04:26 PM   #229
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

Good stuff, Imladris! And Lumien and Eswen too! Impressive!

There's just one thing I'd change, Imladris. And iron rod is too blunt to cause the clean snapping of bones that Eswen has described. It would have to be a very sharp, and heavy, knife - not unlike a butcher's knife, which is, in fact (I believe) designed to slice through meat, ligaments, bones, everything. So make it a heavy iron knife, like a butcher knife, and I think you've got it.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:30 AM   #230
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Done, Mr. Poet! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for telling me for the thought never crossed my mind... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #231
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ANNOUNCEMENT

Note to All Players

The move to the new board restored all your signatures to previous game posts.

Don’t bother fixing them!

Just remove signatures from the new posts you place on the game.

~*~ Pio, Shire Mod
Old 02-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #232
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thoronmir questioning the prisoner

Menel, I've tried to convince myself that the prisoner would give in that easily to Thoronmir's threat, and I just can't stay convinced. You see, he knows about the means of torture, and dying of hunger and thirst just isn't nearly so horrible as dying at the hands of his horrible master. So I'm going to need to ask you to edit your post so that the prisoner doesn't give in. Maybe there's something worse you can think of that a good hearted Ranger would do. I don't know.

LMP
Old 02-11-2004, 12:19 PM   #233
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Whew, I'm back! I sent a PM to Elora in early January letting her know that I would be unable to post for a time; however I don't know if the private message ever reached her. One of the little ones of the family was in the hospital for over a month and it was nearly impossible to get online. Everything is back to normal now, however, and all I need to do is catch up! I'll try to read as much of the game as I can today to find out what has been happening in my absence.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #234
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Unfortunately my computer broke and I have very limited internet/computer access... so I won't be able to post as often if at all.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #235
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Sorry to have been gone the last few days. I had been having serious trouble getting on to the new forum site. Oh well, I'm back now.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:04 PM   #236
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe Next step(s)

Here's the next step in the rpg, to quote Elora:

"The party strikes west now, making for the Emyn Uial (Evendim Hills). They begin to discover the true extent of the menace in the north, but still do not know if Eodwine is alive or dead.

"A schism splits the party. One group thinks it would be wiser to return to Bree now whilst they still can and muster a force. The other refuses to leave Eodwine out there, the memory of the discovery at Fornost too vivid in their minds. The party decides to push on.

"The enemy has detected the party's presence at Fornost (Deadman's Dike) and now hunts them in a concerted, organised method.

"Those who press on, push towards Annuminas and Lake Nenuial. There they find the central settlement camp of the mysterous villian. The Emyn Uial are infested with a warren of murderous fiends. It is worse than even their darkest fears. The group is beset and the schism worsens under the pressure."

The way it looks to me, we can wrap all of this into one plot move. So the discussion can begin now, as to who wants to move on and who wants to go back.

I'll write the post that moves the group out of Deadmen's Dike and on the western road, in 2 days (Monday 2/16). So if you have anything you want to post before that, please do in the next day or so.

I'll look back over this thread to see who has said they want to stay or go, and I'll check with Elora for any special directions she may have. If you haven't said whether your character wants to continue on or not, please do either on this thread, or indicating by your character's actions and words on the rpg thread.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #237
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Hmm....Lira will not want to go and will argue against going on the fact that more men will probably die if they go after Eodwine instead of just one (Eodwine). However, if Falowik or Uien decides to go after Eodwine, she will follow them.

Gorby will not know what to do. He can see both sides of the arguments.

Cheers!
Imladris

Old 02-16-2004, 08:36 AM   #238
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Thoronmir will want to go to Evendim and try to get a look at the enemy's numbers. If he thinks there are too many, he'll want to go back to Bree. Otherwise, he'll order the party to infiltrate the stronghold.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #239
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As for Anson, he will be of opinion that they should turn back, mainly because he isn't very adventerous and feels quite frightened.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:55 PM   #240
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sting

Thanks for your replies, Imladris, Menel, and Nurumaiel. I hope you like the surprise attack. Did I overdo the numbers? I'm guessing not, but we'll see, eh?

Um, Falowik is going to wish that he had gotten some of that swordsman practice in.