User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Witchy

You should let your gamers know what they should be doing in their next posts - saying good-by to their families, getting ready to leave, gathering together at some appointed place to meet Thranduil and set out . . .?

Do you want their posts to reflect that 2 days have gone by . . .?

~*~ Pio
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #42
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Everyone/ all players: Your "first" post for the game after it opens will need to reflect the 2 day time that has passed by. Thranduil and all elves that are leaving should be at the gates. If you wish to have your character leaving their homes and saying good bye to all loved ones do so. As long as your character meets up with Thranduil at the gates before departure, feel free to speak your mind a little. Perhaps a few may decide that Thranduil should rethink his plan. Just don't let the arguments begin yet. At least wait until a few "days" go by.

<Witchy>
Old 09-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #43
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Witchy

Since you've set this up so well - would you like me to open the game now - so that players can start getting their getting ready to leave posts on board?

~*~ Pio
Old 09-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

If you don't mind me butting in, Witch_Queen, that would be easier for me, because if I don't post today, I might not be able to until late tomorrow maybe 5 or 6 pm, and I already have a good mind of what to post, thanks.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:00 PM   #45
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Pio: You're such a good flatterer. Sure you can go ahead and open it. It seems like it will be fun. I'm already looking forward to everything. The game can go ahead and be opened. The only reason it seems so good is because I have had good guidance from you. LOL!

Any ways the starting of the game today is a go.

<Witchy>
Old 09-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #46
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

The game is now open for play.

Please remember:

All signatures must be removed on the game thread - including SAVES.

Please also remember to proof read your posts and follow the minimum Shire rule of no less than 2 paragraphs.

Thanks! & have fun!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-28-2004, 06:29 AM   #47
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Boromir88: I like the fact that you included Thranduil and his nephew in your post. Just one question, is there a problem between your character and Hama's character. Believe me I think the "jealousy" is good, but it frightens me. Seriously. Lets just hope that in the end the problem will be over with. I would hate to see Ercuion and Lossenfirithion getting into it when the spiders are about to eat the elves. We won't let the spiders eat the elves, but still as long as the "fight" doesn't get out of hand its fine with me.

I don't know how many times I have said this already but, I'm really looking forward to the game getting under way some more. Perhaps when this is over with and you are creating your own game, we will change roles. Its gonna be GREAT!

<Witchy>
Old 09-28-2004, 11:25 AM   #48
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

Just carry along. Witchy only my carry along, Nefal, he's young and arrogant. The main character Ercuion and my other carry along, Targon, don't they are loyal and as of right now don't have a problem with him.

-B88
Old 09-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #49
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

I have to apologies folks, my computer suffered a massive break down and thus I may not be able to post very often for a while. At the moment I am borrowing a fellows computer to post this, so I'll do my best to keep up the posts.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #50
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please remember to remove your signature from every post to the RPG thread including SAVEs

~*~ Pio
Old 09-28-2004, 01:21 PM   #51
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone: As soon as everyone has posted that their character is at the gates I will make my post of them leaving. Lets just hope everyone will get their posts in, in the next day or so. I would really like to get the "team" out and into harms way. Its time to test the elves' faith in Thranduil! . LOL. Its gonna be great.

<Witchy>
Old 09-30-2004, 06:11 AM   #52
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Sorry it took me so long to post but circumstances made it impossible for me to come online but now I'll be able to post atleast once or twice a day.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #53
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thranduil's post is up. The elves have left the city. Now lets see where this is going to take us. Remember no one is going to die just yet.

<Witchy>
Old 10-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #54
Beserker_Warrior
Pile O'Bones

Beserker_Warrior has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Beserker_Warrior's first post

Please check my note in the post just below.....

Cami, game mod

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 10-01-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:50 AM   #55
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Berserker_Warrior,

Many thanks for your interest in this game. Unfortunately, the spots are already filled, and the game is starting. The way RPGs work at the Downs is that the founder calls for specific characters in certain numbers. Once those spots are filled, no additional characters are added and the game starts.

I am returning the profile to you by pm. Just a side note, I would mention that you'll need to do both a profile and post when you apply for your next game.

I do have a suggestion. Go over to the thread labelled "Newcomer's: Join an RPG" that appears near the top of the forum. Add a post to tell us what kind of characters you'd like to play. We will put you on our list and send you a notice when new games go up. Usually this happens every few weeks. If I hear anything I think would be of interest, I'll be in touch with you.

Hope you will stick around and we'll get to know you in the forum!

~Cami Goodchild, game mod

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 10-01-2004 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:34 AM   #56
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone: About Friday I will have the "party" make camp. Be prepared to loose some sleep. It wll be a very "fun" day.

Hookbill: Your post cracks me up. The fact that one of your characters is afraid of a bird. I love it.

Now lets see what Thranduil has to say about the new discoveries. I will fill-in my save later today.

<Witchy>
Old 10-04-2004, 06:37 AM   #57
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Thank'ee Witchy...

It was inspired by something that happened to me once. But that's another story...

I hope this RPG lives up to the expectations...
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #58
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

On a lighter note:

!!!!!Happy Birthday Hookbill!!!!!!

This seems to brighten my day.

<Witchy>

Just thought I would mention that.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:41 AM   #59
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thank'ee Witchy!

So far I have received many LotR Books and Musics!

However, it seems that only the Downers have mentioned it to me! (With the exception of my family, but they don't count... its the law!)
Old 10-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Good post Hookbill, I was struggling to find an idea on what to post on next, whether it would be about the direction where to go, about spiders...etc who knows. Your post has given me something to build on, thanks. And, Happy Birthday!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #61
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Good, good!

It took me a while to come up with that. I kind of made it up as I went along. Tálmor was at first a sort of "Nancy from The Holy Grail" character. Taurthol would say, "Come Tálmor, bring those coconuts!" But then I decided not to do that!

Thank'ee for the Birthday wishes! So far, only Downers have mentioned it! Mind you, I didn't exactly tell anyone about it anyway... ah Well!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #62
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone
Ok the post is FINALLY filled in. Mind you I hope you can come up with a good plan because right now Thranduil is blank. Its time for us to put our minds together and come up with a way to attack these creatures . Just remember the group is all together and all ideas are welcome.

Post what you think and your responses to what is going on. If you have any quesions I am here for an answer and I hope I can give you one. rolleyes: Oh well.

<Witchy-poooooo>

Hookbill: The coconuts sounded good. But it cracks me up.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #63
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone: ready before posting again: On Wed. i will put up a post about the first camp site. Hopefully before wed. Someone else will have an idea. Boromir I like your idea, lets just see what others have to say before we decide on anything. I almost feel as if I am lacking off a bit. I was hoping to last friday have the campsite up and the Spiders already showing their faces. Yets now I'm waiting on others to post. What is wrong with me?

Witchy
Old 10-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #64
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Witchy, nothing with you, I've also been waiting on the other's to post as well .
Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 AM   #65
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Due to certain difficulties I wasn't able to come online much during the past few days. Anyways, I have some free time and will have my post up by 10 pm my time. Which is about 7 hours from now. The game hasn't moved a bit in my abscence and for a second back there I thought my character may have been buried and forgotten. Anyway my post'll be up soon.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #66
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone: We will have camp starting tomorrow. Get ready for the chase to begin.

Witchy!
Old 10-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #67
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well the RPG seemed to come to a flying stop. I thought I'd post something that may give us a little more atmospheres to work with. Lets hope those spiders get here soon!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #68
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Everyone: The spiders have attacked, we have lost Uragonia. The group has now set out after the spiders. Take note on my last post. For in a few days the hunters become the hunted and the LOST!

Boromir88: Let me know if you don't like me using Nefal in my post. Nefal's chance to "prove" himself is now. Thranduil is taking a mental note on the actions of the group.

HERE WE GO!

<Witchy>
Old 10-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #69
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please remember to remove your signature from every post to the RPG.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #70
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please remember this rule for playing in RPG's from the Shire's Red Book of Westmarch:

Quote:
5. You must tell your fellow players if you will be unavailable for a while. Any character that goes missing for a two week period of time can be "killed off" or "lost" and will be out of the game. If you have posted that you will be gone, the game owner can then decide if someone else can take over your character if need be until you get back.
Games in the Shire have time limits. It's really critical that players post to the game at least once a week, and preferably twice a week, to keep the game going forward.

If you have to be away for a period of time, please be considerate and post an explanation on the Discussion Thread so the owner and the rest of the players aren't left hanging.

Thanks!

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 10-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #71
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry, will get a post up soon. Now that Seekers of Truth is over, I can concentrate on this one...

I've also been snowed under a HUGE amount of A level work recently, and no matter how much I do the pile keeps growing.

Will get a post up shortly.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #72
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama: just get your post up soon.

Friday I will post where Thranduil has realized that the group is in unfamilar territory or lost. Which ever you want to call it. ANYWAYS... I like everyone's post so far. Lets just hope we can kill a few more spiders before another person "dies off". FUN FUN FUN!

Oh yeah I was just informed that Gollum is in the Genus Book of World Records. Got to check that out. If anyone has any objections to the plan for Friday I can move it a day ahead if HAMA and SLEEPY will get their post in.

I have no idea what is going on with Sleepy and if someone knows please do tell me.

Witchy-pooooo..
Old 10-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #73
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Perhaps he fell asleep.

Anyway, I may kill off Talmor soon, just to make it more dramatic...
Old 10-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #74
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'll have a post up tomorrow, working on it as we speak...
Old 10-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #75
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Witch_Queen, you can use Nefal, I wouldn't mind.

Sorry, I was gone for the weekend on business, but I'm back now and I'll get my post up tonight or Monday.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:49 AM   #76
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

does anyomne mind me killing off Berkengond soon?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #77
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I say write what you desire Sleepy, since he's your own character .
Old 10-28-2004, 02:32 AM   #78
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Right, my post is up. I killed off Talmor.

I need to wait for your post Witchy, I need to know when my character can meet up with all the others.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #79
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Again, my most sincere apologies for my lack of writing, I've been up to my ears with A level stuff, and have barely had time to LOOK at a computer since I started writing my post...what I can say is that it'll definitely be up before the end of the week, but I can't promise any more than that...
Old 10-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #80
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'll get my post up here in a few hours, once I get home