User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #281
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Sounds great to me. Since I take a bit of time to compose my posts, I'll put up a save. In my post, Tarondo will lead Osric & Saurreg up the hill and get shot for putting himself first. No, seriously: That's a crude way to put it, but that's essentially what will happen. Alaksoron and Saurreg, please wait until my save is filled before you post. Tarondo's not going to reach Kransha, so one or both of you will need to continue that part of the combat from where I leave off.

Kransha, Kransha's fate is the one question I forgot to ask. I take it he will he will wind up on Boot Hill after our last engagement?
Old 10-29-2004, 11:29 PM   #282
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Remind me to never, never write within a scripted scenario again. Ok, maybe not never, and maybe it's only due to my struggles as a writer, but goodness! that was hard!

Ahem. That is to say, my save is filled in. I beg indulgence on it - I slaved for 2.5 hours over those few pitiful paragraphs, and it's simply not going to get any better. Especially not at this time of night. (A kitten who deletes text doesn't help.)

Considerations of quality aside, Tarondo is out of the running (ha ha) and Osric and Andas are proceeding in fine style to their rendezvous with Destiny Kransha. Tarondo's horse is dead, or soon will be. So 2 horses are down out of 8 horses and a mule.

Because of the uncertain passage of time and because Tarondo was slashing from above instead of dueling, it's not specified how many orcs he killed. One of the two orcs with spears is definitely out of it. I'm going to arbitrarily decide that 2 others are dead. Kransha, you can modify that if you like, but if that's fine, we have 16 orcs including Kransha.

I assumed that Osric survived his encounter with the lucky orc. He's probably not wounded at this point.

Alaksoron or Saurreg, care to continue?

Primrose and Fordim, would you like to get some Troll action going? The boulder that threw off Kransha's excellent aim was most likely Harry-propelled, but other than that I was unable to work in any more troll references. I apologize for that.

Signing off before I fall off,
Nuranar
Old 10-30-2004, 12:35 AM   #283
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Veryadan is now out of commission - the wound in his left side has reopened; there is an arrow in his right thigh; he's been mashed up against one of the Stone Trolls legs from a blow by one of the Trolls (Harry).

And, last but not least, Veryadan's horse is dead.

I was thinking the Troll Veryadan wounded could be Harry. He has fallen down, from the deep thrust to the back of his knee.

While Harry's down, would someone like to finish him off?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of Orcs killed:

Veryadan - 3

---

So now there are 16 Orcs left, including Kransha.

Does this tally look alright so far?

Can each of you who does a battle post put the number of Orcs you've killed in a post to the Discussion Thread?

Last edited by Envinyatar; 10-30-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #284
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Attention! Attention!

Monsieur Loudewater will now charge at orcs of the line like Marchel Murat at the head of the reserve cavalry at the Battle of Eylau!

Not Kransha.

Vive le farmer!

Consider this - Loudewater is an untrained combatant. The ambush has already taken the wits out of him and hence was only pacing around lost and confused when Thoronmir spotted Kransha from quite a distant and pushed the inept farmer away. Loudewater never saw Kransha.

Should Tarando suddenly appear and order the dazed farmer to go charging uphill to handle a single orc together with himself and Osric, Loudewater wouldn't know what to do and neither will he respond at all to the elf.

However!

At point of time many other lesser orcs under big "B" would have identified the wounded Thoronmir and would be scampering towards him for an easy kill - like hyenas to a badly wounded lion. Loudewater will see them in the nick of time and he will definitely respond. Though totally inadequate, he will buy the wounded ranger a little time before sitting out of this one. This will most certainly increase the rapport between this two and symbolically represent the growing ties between the elite of Arnor and the commoners as widely suggested in the books during the Fourth age.

As for Tarando and Osric, there is already some tension between the both of them. Tarando thinks the young Rohirrm may prove to be headstrong and unreliable while the latter thinkss Tarando is belittling him. The engagement with Kransha l'invincible will resolve that, I hope. Because it is the most fitting scenario.

Last edited by Saurreg; 10-30-2004 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:41 AM   #285
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Loudewater takes one down. Chances are, he's going to have fun with that one until the orcs retreat or when someone drags him away.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:01 AM   #286
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Many apologies, my Mother has been on in the past few days, doing school work you see, but now that I have aquired the time I'll type up the post now. Oh and I will be apart of this battle as soon as I get this up I'm going on the Rp to do another post

POST PLACED ON GAME ~*~ PIO

Silrûth

The tall Elf stood smoothly without a word at Tarondo's command to scout the road that lay behind them. She took her horse quietly by the reins and led her down the east slope of the hill.

Falma's hooves treaded surprisingly soft against the earth as if she knew their need of stealth. Making their way down the path Silrûth strained her ears for any slight sound that could mean the enemy.

The horse stopped abrubtly ears flattened against her head. Knowing what it meant Silrûth dismounted, "now I don't want you running off" she tapped her finger on Falma's soft muzzle, the mare perked up her ears before plastering them back to her head.

Silrûth crept along warily, and with her skills focused on guile and swift movements she was unaware of how long it took her to reach the orc camp. A small mound of boulders and shrubs was close by and she used it to her advantage.

I musn't get too close in case they pick up my scent, but luck was with her the wind was blowing into her face away from the camp. Tentatively and carefully she peered from around the corner of a boulder.

There they were, laughing and hacking up a storm in their vile tongue, the Elf could not help but sneer in disgust, a voice spoke out in her head.

Do not over stay your welcome, they are moving can you not see it?

It was true they were beginning to stir and grunt and with that last thought Silrûth hastily made her way back to her mount. Taking up the reins, she nudged her horse lightly in the flanks with heels.

If there are any problems, like if this post strays from the plot, let me know and I will fix it pronto. This battle is really quite messy, I hate to lose

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-30-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #287
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Location, Location, Location (e.g. Prime Real Estate)

My save, she is filled.

4 more orcs are definately dead. Osric killed three altogether, and Andas has killed one (and is still sort of busy with that one). One orc, who was attacking Silruth (I believe) is wounded ala hack to the arm, but I'm not exactly sure on the lagistics of that, I'll have to check it out.

So, 12 orcs remain, including Kransha.

Speaking of: Kransha's still alive, despite several wounds. Osric is also still alive, with injuries, and has somewhat dissapeared (not out of cowardice, merely because of confusion). Another one of the three stone trolls has fallen, who is, in fact, William. Of the three trolls, William, Bert, and Tom, only Tom remains, if you care to know of such things. There is a lot of dust, debris, and general anarchy on the battlefield, and the trolls have not even dealt their true trump card yet.

P.S. I do so miss one-on-one combat posts. My last one was written opposite Master Fordim, and afforded me great enjoyment, but that was more serious. The RPG post I placed is far more swashbuckling literature than I care for, but, hopefully, it will be fun to read.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies

Last edited by Kransha; 10-30-2004 at 06:03 PM. Reason: More numbers to boggle your minds!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #288
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

If there's one thing this RPG would be remembered for, it will be for the wanton destruction of famous landmarks!

So how will this battle end? Will the investigators drive the ambushers away or will the orcs retreat themselves?
Old 10-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #289
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The investigators will lose this one. How they're going to lose it, without being annihilated, will depend on the tactical situation. The chaos we've managed to create so far is great, but very... confusing. Perhaps someone can announce a retreat and some people who are relatively unwounded can fight a rear guard action.

Quote:
If there's one thing this RPG would be remembered for, it will be for the wanton destruction of famous landmarks!
Ha! That's nothing - you ought to see what the Itship has been accomplishing in The Revenge of the Entish Bow, over in the Gondor forum.

Kransha, perhaps you don't care for swashbuckling literature, but you write it very well. It was a lot of fun to read.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:23 AM   #290
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

That would be logical except that many of the best fighters are already badly wounded (Osric, Tarando, Thoronamir and Veryadan), Menecar is dead and Aidwain is already injured with a broken leg. That will only leave Silrûth and Luinien in the rear guard against a still potent orcish strike force supported by trolls. And not forgetting many horses have either been slaughtered or have fled in terror.

If the hasty retreat covered by the rear guard is to be realistic, then someone with alot of role-playing experience and good writing skills must end it.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:29 AM   #291
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
5 additional Orcs are now dead - an unfortunate encounter with Harry, Grimm, and Broga.

Three Trolls have left the scene of the battle, Grimm and Broga taking their mortally wounded relative away from the hubbub and chaos.

This should leave 7 unorganized Orcs + the 2 Trolls, Arald and Dim, I think - the King's Snoop Team should be able to get away if they can rally themselves and head out.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 10-31-2004, 03:07 AM   #292
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Good post Primrose!

With the orcs and trolls now caught in their little civil war, the investigators can now fight their way out in more manageable odds.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:35 PM   #293
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My save is filled, and we are out of the battle. 18 hours after schedule, but oh well.

We will not be able to go far at this pace. We have 5 horses and 1 mule; 2 horses are carrying double.

Fordim, your two trolls have another grievance to chalk up against Luinien

Kransha, you may have lost a couple orcs more out of the 7 that Primrose left you. I didn't specify any kills, but Silrûth and Aidwain did keep them off for a few minutes. Whether they did that without killing anyone is up to you.

Quote:
Aidwain is already injured with a broken leg.
I'd asked rutslegolas about this, since he said Aidwain's ankle was broken but then has had him walking on it. Since he hasn't responded, I'm going to exercise Game Owner's Perogative and decide that his ankle is NOT broken.

I suggest we get down the road as far as the wounded (and the horses) can stand it. I take it the baddies won't be pursuing immediately. We will need to figure out exactly who's hurt and how badly. Probably ought to mention our dear departed, Menecar, too, but don't spend a lot of time on him. Please, no extended angsty posts - we don't have time to grieve yet. We need to push on. We may kill the horses, but it's seriously crunch time. We won't survive another battle like this, with so many people already wounded.

Envinyatar, have you thought any more about the suggestion in my last PM?

Carry on,
Nuranar
Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 PM   #294
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

About distances:

It will be about a day and a half's hard, long ride to reach the Ford at Bruinen.

-------

Nuranar

Sorry to take so long about the last PM - you should have your reply now though.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:41 PM   #295
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've added a few more details to my post:

Andas is unwounded and helped Tarondo with the wounded.

As for Veryadan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envinyatar
The gash on his left side has reopened from all the twisting and turning motions of the battle and is bleeding profusely. Added to that, he has an Orc arrow in his thigh and was knocked hard by a blow from Harry. I would be amazed if the fellow is conscious at present.
Thus he is likely one of the ones riding double. Thoronmir is wounded in the arm and can't hold anyone else onto a horse, and Andas is riding his mule. So Veryadan is riding double with either Osric or Tarondo.

Tarondo has an arrow wound in his leg and has bled considerably from it. He's pretty weak from that, although he can exert himself if there's no choice for it. Unless Osric is in worse shape, Osric is most likely the one riding double with Veryadan.

Luinien was knocked from her horse and had the wind knocked out of her. She didn't hit her head though, so she is still unwounded.

Silrûth and Aidwain, in the absence of their writers' indications, are also unwounded.

I see a trend. The Men have definitely gotten the worst of this encounter!

Last edited by Nuranar; 11-01-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:36 AM   #296
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Saurreg, in your latest post:

It was Silrûth and Aidwain whose feats of arms kept the baddies off. Luinien was just taking pot shots at trolls.

Luinien could not have pulled Andas off his orc because she was never in that area. Perhaps Osric? Remember, both Silrûth and Aidwain stayed on horseback for the whole battle.

If you could fix those two things, I would appreciate it.

Nuranar
Old 11-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #297
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Amendments made.

Osric and Silrûth were the most valuable players of the day. Three cheers!

Thoronmir takes Luinien's place.

Hey Kransha! Why don't you pick up on the idea of the Menecar head banner thingy. Then I can have Loudewater do a Charlton Heston! J/K.

RPG's ending guys! Let's give the last few posts our best shot!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:39 AM   #298
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Saurreg:

In my post, it's AIDWAIN and Silrûth who kept off the orcs.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #299
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril The Plan, The Whole Plan, And Nothing But The Plan

The last battle is scheduled for tomorrow and the day after - Tuesday and Wednesday, the 2nd and 3rd of November. We're a good day behind schedule, for which I claim responsibility. But the schedule is, after all, more like a guideline, anyway. Here's the plan:

1. Envinyatar's post (when he fills it) will, I presume, get us some way down the road to the Ford. As he already said, it will take us a day and a half's hard ride to get there. That means

2. We will reach the Ford in the evening of the day after Dagor Teryggond, that is, the Battle of the Stone Trolls. Our baddies will attack once more. They will be winning when

3. Reinforcements will arrive. Envinyatar, will these be Elves from Rivendell, Rangers from the Angle, or both? Either way,

4. The baddies will be driven off/held off long enough for the KEM to retreat to Rivendell.

At the beginning of this RPG, the King charged Veryadan, Tarondo, and Luinien:

Quote:
'I want you three to travel north to Breeland to find out what is happening around the area of Weathertop. Take what action you can against the ones who are the troublemakers, taking care to keep yourselves and what companions you might bring with you as safe as possible. I’d rather have you back here with a report for me, than for you to go haring off after some wicked foe who will easily overpower you.'
Therefore, once everyone is safe in Rivendell, our duty will be to return to Minas Tirith. We're clearly not capable of clearing up this business ourselves, as our worthy bad guys have demonstrated. So,

5. Veryadan, Tarondo, and Luinien will leave for Minas Tirith.

6. The real muscle from Gondor can't arrive for 3 months, minimum. After recovering, Thoronmir, Silrûth, Aidwain, and Osric, along with other Rangers and Rivendell Elves, can become a sort of pre-emptive strike team to harry the orcs and trolls. The idea is to keep them busy and away from the defenseless people of Breeland.

7. The road back to Bree will be still very hazardous, so Andas can't return to Bree immediately. Nor do I think he is fitted for guerrilla warfare. So Andas will travel with us three back to Minas Tirith, and return with the King's forces. A very roundabout but safe route.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #300
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril The Last Battle

Kransha, you have done a superb job of coordinating the baddies on this RPG. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. At the risk of enroaching on your preserve, therefore, I would like to propose these guidelines for the final action:
  • The KEM have gotten farther down the road, and are in better shape, than the baddies had envisioned.
  • The baddies will not want to approach much nearer Rivendell than the Ford at the Bruinen.
  • They will make their final attack on the western side of the Ford.
  • The baddies will still have the initiative, but just barely. More explicitly: The KEM have been traveling fast and the baddies have had little time to prepare.
  • The baddies will not lay elaborate battle plans; they will try to crush the KEM by brute force before they cross the Ford.

Can you work with this? I realize that much of this will have to do with Bazzog, so you are free to modify it in keeping wth his character. But I want to keep it relatively simple. We have only three days to conduct the entire battle AND wrap up the entire RPG.

-------------------------------------------
EVERYONE:

Make it clear what will happen to your character in the battle. Baddies, this applies particularly to you. I need to know who will die and who will live. We won't have time for negotiating between battle posts, so specify, if you like, who will kill/injure/fight whom. If you want to fight a particular good guy, say so now.

Goodies, in my post above I have specified what each of you will be doing/planning on doing after we reach Rivendell. If you want to change something, speak now or forever hold your peace. And if you want to fight a particular bad guy, say so now.

-----------------------------------------

We're almost done! I hope you've enjoyed writing on this RPG, and I'd especially like this final part to be fun and not stressful. For me, that translates into no wee hours posting. So please make sure you're clear on things, and then get to it!

And if you have ANY questions, post them ASAP!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:44 PM   #301
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
A plan, m'lud! A plan!

Here is a little, simple, to-the-point layout of what might happen. O troll brethren, if you have any contension, please clarify. Otherwise, the orcs will be going with this:

In the beginning, I estimate that there were around 100 orcs. If there had been much more, than there would have been little point in trying to make monet off raiding, since the funds would be thinly distributed. So, I'm just gonna say that all 24 of the orcs, minus Kransha, at Dagor Teryggond, where either killed, or too tuckered out to be in action again so soon. Something around twenty were killed at the Fifth - or Sixth or Seventh - Battle of Amon Sul. So, roughly 50 remain. That's a lot, and they're all going in. So, that's 50 orcs against a few men and Elves.

Lousy odds, but the KEM will gain the upper hand.

I suggest that Bazzog be knocked out early on. The orcs are strong, but the Elves, and 'dem dirty tarks, are smart. They would be able to single out the leader. Those who can fight, ought to head for Bazzog, if they're not busy with the trolls. If they all gang up, or more than one at least, they can take him down (he's large and strong, but very slow and not graceful enough to maneuver against +1 combatants). Leaderless, the remaining orcs, probably over 30 of them, would be somewhat disoriented. That way, it will be easier for the KEM to survive until the Rivendell/Rangers/Whatever arrive and wipe them out.

Kransha, though (the character) does not have to be knocked out immediately. Being semi-mute, he's not much of a leader, just eminent. Also, Grathgrob may die, so if anyone steps forward, he's all yours. He's really more the brains behind the orcs, and would probably be lousy in a fight. I actually think he would be the ideal orc for ol' Andas Loudwater to dispatch, considering, but, that's up to y'all. So, in the long run, I would really appreciate it if:
1. 2-4 people volunteered to fight and eventually kill Bazzog.
2. 1 person volunteered to have a mono-a-mono duel with Kransha, ending in his death.
3. 1 person volunteered to put an untimely end to Grathgrob, who is not much of a fighter, really.

Last edited by Kransha; 11-01-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #302
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'll take up the challenge and try to dispatch Grathgrob.

Envinyatar and Nuranar, when you take the RPG to the ford, would one of you please post a vivid geographical layout of the last battlefield? I've got some ideas in mind but that depends on natural features and topography.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:09 AM   #303
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

rutslegolas

Aidwain has been sent to Rivendell. Elven warriors will return with him, along with a small party of Rangers who were also there.

What do you say to 5 rangers and 10 Elves - all with horses? The numbers can be adjusted as wanted.

----------

Anyone

Can you get us near now to the Ford of Bruinen? It should be evening by the time the river comes in sight. And much like what was in the movie - a forested area giving on to a rocky river's edge with some clear beach along some stretches on the western side. The water is shallow enough, of course, to ford. There should be forest also on the eastern edge.

Situate us just prior to the ford crossing and begin the battle if you wish, or at least sight the Orcs and Trolls as they begin to advance on the companions . . .

As Nuranar said - the Orcs will nearly overwhelm the companions. Then Aidwain and the cavalry should come charging in across the river and drive back the Orcs.

Do we want all their leaders killed? Or should one survive, taking what's left of his little band of marauders back west to recuperate, regroup, and begin their little reign of terror again?

Just a thought.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:18 PM   #304
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kransha, great plan. Perhaps Tarondo is the fitting one to battle Kransha? Although I quail at the thought of comparison with your superb swashbuckling style. Luinien is unwounded and can help bring down Bazzog - that is, if no Trolls have other plans. Fordim, have you any thoughts about the suggestion in my PM?

Picking up on Envinyatar's suggestion: Kransha, when you write your ending/after battle post(s), you may want to raise up another leader from among the survivors. Either that, or not kill off the leaders you've got.

We will plan on 10 Elves and 5 Rangers, fully armed (bows & swords) and mounted, as reinforcements.

Primrose and Fordim, I need to know what fate you have in mind for your Trolls.

Edit: I just checked my PM's, and rutslegolas has not read the message I sent him on Friday. So don't wait on him to post anything specific.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:40 AM   #305
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Grimm and Broga will survive the skirmish.

In fact, in my last post - they are thinking that perhaps they should carve out a little bit of the territory north of Bree-land for themselves.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 11-03-2004, 07:40 AM   #306
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
*sheepishly pops his head in*

Given my less than full effort in the latter stages of this game, I think it only fair to offer up Arrald and Dim as sword-fodder for the good guys. I will try my utmost to have a post up soon in which they enter the fray, and then I will leave it to you all to dispose of them as you will. . .
Old 11-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #307
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
All right, my final post is up. I say "final' because I think that it is time for Arrald and Dim to go the way of all evil creatures in the Days of the King. . .which is a fancy way of saying their time is up, their numbers have been called, they're going home *insert euphemism for death here*

I will watch their fate unfold with great interest. All I ask is that they get at least a few good hacks in, and that they go down swinging. Oh -- and a crushed Elf or two wouldn't be at all a bad thing!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #308
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Alright, the end draws near (not necessarily the End of All Things, or the End of the Days, or the End - or is it?, but still the end). Since I may barely have time to post on this thread before the game's conclusion, I'll treat this as a semi-farewell. I'll have one last post up, but it simply must be tomorrow that is is posted. A minor 'thing' came up in real life, but it must be attended tonight, so I cannot post. But, I will give my few remaining orcs some semblance of dignity to take with the them to the Halls of Orc-Mandos *consults HerenIstarion's article concerning orc afterlives*.

I would like to take this time to make an invitation. All of you are cordially invited to be part of the game that I am planning. It's still in its starting stages, but I've learned that it is always best to start recruiting early, and this one might be a bit bigger than I'd originally planned. It's got a set plot, revolving around the fate of the last King of Arnor, Arvedui, and his fate, along with that of his people. If you're interested, do PM me, but I may not get back to you...I don't expect a tremendous wave of messages anyway, at least not yet. There are plenty of character templates already ready, and all for the taking...even if the game hasn't been "legally" approved yet *glances about nervously*.

So, to make a long story short: You're all invited to participate, and pick from the cream of characters and occupations, in my new game coming up. Here's to hoping that such a proposal will stir some interest.

Last edited by Kransha; 11-03-2004 at 07:34 PM. Reason: I'm a long-winded bombast, and lovin' it!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:28 PM   #309
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, good baddies! I was beginning to wonder if you'd simply faded back into the forest. I will take us into the battle later tonight.

1. Since no one else has volunteered, Luinien, Silrûth, and Thoronmir will take on, and take out, Bazzog.

2. Luinien will then tangle with Fordim's doomed duo. She will do some damage with her bow, but then something (probably a leg) will get broken. Her loving brother will keep her from being squashed altogether. Most likely he will kill one and seriously wound the other. Whoever's left may be picked off by other writers.

3. Toward the end of the battle Tarondo will take on Kransha. Kransha, would you care to initiate this action in your post? Then I will finish him off.

Mostly likely, I will cover only points 1 and 2 tonight. Saurreg, if you are going to take on Grathgrob, I suggest you do it after my post and before Kransha, if possible.

It looks like my characters will not deal with Grimm and Broga. Meneltarmacil, Esgallhugwen, and Alaksoron, you might consider a fight with one or both of these trolls. Don't kill them, though. There are plenty of orcs to go around, as well.

REMEMBER - Our characters are extremely tired, and some are wounded. Please, no "seven-at-one-blow" fighting! We're trying to get over the River, and hoping we can hang on until Aidwain returns with help. And protect the wounded!
Old 11-04-2004, 02:42 AM   #310
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My save is filled. Here is the way my sketch fell out, when implemented:

1. Luinien shot Bazzog in the upper arm. Silrûth went in to the attack. I wasn't able to specify who else took him on. Kransha, only Thoronmir and Veryadan are left.

2. Luinien killed a troll, then the other broke something of hers, probably a leg. Tarondo killed that troll. Fordim, they went down fighting; is that enough hacks for them to get in? I can't work on it any more right now...

3. If it wasn't clear, everybody (except Luinien) made an initial charge to the Ford, but were stopped by the sheer number of orcs. It's every man for himself. Silrûth may not have reached them, though; she was last in line, and she turned pretty quickly, right by Luinien, to go after Bazzog herself.

I seem to remember something about no wee small hour postings... And I have a test at 8. Oh bummer.

Nuranar *yawn*
Old 11-04-2004, 08:26 AM   #311
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

The bout between Loudewater and Grathgrob is finished. Not too spectacular but nevertheless over. For those hoping for a worthier fight, c'est la vie.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #312
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Envinyatar

Grimm is hot on the trail of the wounded ranger.

Go ahead if you want and use my characters (just don't do them in) as you need. They'll be mincing through the nasty waters of the Bruinen after you.

Perhpas this is time for the cavalry to come to the rescue.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:58 PM   #313
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Primrose

Thanks for the lead-in!

---------

Anyone who hasn't posted to the battle yet

Please do so some time today, if possible.

I'll leave a space before my next post (which will be much later tonight after work).

Aidwain and the Elves and Rangers will come charging in to the rescue of the companions.

If you've missed the battle, just put a post here and we'll transfer it.

------------------------

Please - no one try to rescue Veryadan from the pursuing Trolls.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #314
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

I am, at present, working my apologetic posterior off trying to spit out a final post. That little real life issue is consuming today as well, and restricting my time to work for BD commitments. I've put up a save, but I do not believe it will be filled until tomorrow morning. Luckily, I am QUITE sure that I have all day to work on it. Just so there is no confusion, however, it will contain:
-Tarondo and Kransha fighting.
-Kransha kickin' the proverbial bucket.
-Bazzog's death, at the hands of Silrûth, Veryadan, and Thoronmir, altogether.

That'll be it for me, though. Feel free to post posts that take place after my own. Everything that's going to happen in said post is documented above, with the exception of the wounds that those attackers will be dealt. I assume that Envinyatar's post will cover the dispersal and route of the orcs at the ford, so, in brief and short, or short and brief, my work here is done.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:51 PM   #315
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

I'll be more than happy to take on one of the trolls though I don't know which one But aside from that I wish to thank all of you for carrying my character along and not killing her off, every thing you've done with her is splendid.

I'll also be happy to help out with taking out Bazzog.

And I have managed to finish up that post, I hate how life always gets in the way with these things. But I'm here now and am planning on mending that.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:55 PM   #316
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Well, I've hit Bazzog pretty hard but am now losing consciousness. I do not intend to die, though, so if someone would rescue me I would appreciate it.

If not, I'll just wake up in Rivendell somehow anyway.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #317
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Um, problem. Should I put my post in here so that someone can insert it before Saurreg's ? I've sort of given him a lead in with my post, and would hate to disrupt the flow the of the story. So I will also copy my post here.

______________________Post

Silrûth had purposely lagged behind in order to prevent the Orcs from gaining too much of an advantage if they were to come from the rear. But that wasn't the case and as they rode on she became all the more suspicious and cautious of the foreboding in her mind.

The red rock walls rose up to meet them she was reminded of the sun before they left Bree, she was reminded of blood.

To the North they came, a filthly current that contrasted too sharply with the glimmering silver river.

With the reflexes only capable in an Elf she nocked an arrow and drove her heels into her horse sending the mare head long into the fray. With a speedy delivery the golden arrow found its resting place in the forehead of an Orc that dared to get too close to Luinen.

Falma's hooves thundered across the ground crushing one or two Orcs not nimble enough to get out of the way. Her target was chosen and she would not relent.

An arrow already stinging him thanks to Luinen, the thick black ooze known as Orc blood was trickling down his dark hairy arm. Quickly taking preference over her bow she grasped the handle of her sword.

Unsheathing it from the leather scabbard she swung fair enough at the squinting black creature only to come up short scalping him instead. The Leader yowled out in anguish clasping at his head, but he soon was overcome with rage snarling and spitting at her.

The black blood was dripping into his ferocious yellow eyes, he knashed his teeth and swore at her in his inaudible tongue. He made a daring slash which barely grazed her leather boot, she took her foot from the stirrup and knocked him in the head with a swift kick to the jaw.

He was sent reeling, but sadly Silrûth's luck was not meant to hold out, an Orc arrow had found its way into Falma's right flank, the horse screamed and reared unexpectantly. Silrûth toppled from her mount, Falma raced off towards the Ford after Veryadan.

She cursed to herself as she steadied her legs preparing for foot combat. The Orc smiled fearlessly, "so the little She-Elfie has gone and lost her horsey", he glared at her the blood tinting his yellow eyes.

They ran at each other simultaneously effectively countering eachothers blows. But as she sliced open his left arm, he struck her just above the hip on the right, Silrûth grunted in pain, the wound was not life threatening but it stung badly.

Her left hand quickly covered the wound trying to stifle the bleeding. For her brief moment of bewilderment had passed a second arrow was now protruding from the orcs rib cage, her eyes widened in disbelief as she caught sight of Thoronmir.

He was soon dislodged from the saddle by the heavy swing of an oncoming Troll. She cried out but was tackled to the ground by the gasping Orc.

He grabbed her by the hair and started to bash her head into the ground, as her vision began to cloud and blur she reached for her boot, and there hidden within it was a cunningly sharp dagger. Silrûth through her dizziness missed his throat and instead penetrated his abdomen.

A sharp gasp escaped his lips as he rolled over onto his side, they both lied there choking for air despite the chaos that swept about them. It was Silrûth who rose first despite her heavy swoon, she wobbled to her feet and gained her balance with the help of her sword.

Unsteadily she suantered over to the heaving Orc and raising her sword, in one swift motion she decapitated him, "too good of a death for you!" she countered before edging off towards where Thoronmir's body lay. Her hope was that a horse would be near by to make a quick escape with Thoronmir's body intact.

Where is the Bree Farmer?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 AM   #318
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Have deleted my previous save and posted a new one beneath Esgallhugwen's post.

Esgallhugwen - if you wish to coordinate Thoronmir's rescue with my character, I suggest you PM me your intentions so that my post will match your thoughts. Otherwise I will post my own interpretation of the scenario.

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:59 AM   #319
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Alaksoron

I want to clarify your wounding of that Troll in your post #152.

It was my character, Grimm, who was going after Veryadan and his horse. Sorry, but I don't want him injured that much that he has fallen to his knees. I intend for him to be able to escape from this skirmish as will his brother. He can't do that with a gaping hole in his leg and his achilles' tendon cut.

Please edit.

Last edited by Primrose Bolger; 11-05-2004 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:09 AM   #320
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Alaksoron

Please see my previous post here - I need the Trolls to drive Veryadan across the water. Please don't try to rescue him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kransha

I can't speak for the character Thoronmir (who does appear fairly done in from his last post), but Veryadan is far too weak (not to mention too far away from the action) to stand up to Bazzog - it will have to be Silruth who kills him. And as I recall, I think Luinien was also going to join in that character's demise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huzzah! The cavalry has come to the rescue!

10 Elves, 5 Rangers, and Aidwain have crossed the River to where the Orcs are besieging the companions . . .

Last edited by Envinyatar; 11-05-2004 at 05:34 AM.