User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2004, 11:02 PM   #121
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Kransha/Gráthgrob

I thought I'd bring Fen to see Gráthgrob - to give a heads-up report on the appearance of a Ranger and four Elves in the Pony and their 'secret' meeting with two other Rangers.

Can you do a little bragging about the Whittleworth farm venture and the loot you got - then send Fen back to get more info on what's going on?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #122
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
I have posted, very briefly I'm afraid, but the evening is finished. (Unless someone has a good reason for extending it.) I need to leave right now, but I'll check back in later today.

If anyone wants to try his hand at at Butterbur conversation, go ahead!

~ Nuranar
Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #123
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I will be out of town on a church retreat from tomorrow afternoon until fairly late on Sunday, so I will not be able to post during that time. Just wanted to let you know.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #124
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alaksoron, I just saw your post. Are you going to have an interaction between Osric and Loudewater? That would be fine with me. Since you left the scene hanging, though, you might want to contact Saurreg to coordinate things. If not, would you go ahead and resolve the situation? It's as if someone hit the PAUSE button on a movie, and I have no idea what is supposed to come next. Thanks!

Meneltarmacil, thanks for the notice.

~ Nuranar
Old 09-16-2004, 11:49 PM   #125
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Nope. Me thinks the man of Rohan must be thinking,

"Yea Gods! These men of Bree! Softies! They laugh, drink fight and cry all on the same night! Sheesh!"

Next Loudewater post will be in the morning at daybreak when Envinyatar or Nuranar moves the time forward.

And I would luurrveee to see the interaction between Faulker and Loudewater. Something tells me sparks will fly.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #126
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Announcements, announcements, annoooooucements!!

• Sarin Mithrilanger has had some issues come up and will not be on the Barrow-Downs for some time. Kransha, your first post in writing for the Orcs was so excellent; do you think you can take care of Ugwakh?
  • My school schedule this fall is a little peculiar, so I want to offer a little explanation: I have 4 to 5 class sessions a day Monday-Thursday. I have breaks during those days, but not long enough to write much of a post. However, Friday-Sunday I have very little going on, as a rule. I just want to assure you that I don't regularly disappear the first half of every week.
Now for some planning.
Quote:
5. Information from the Breelanders. We will make a general announcement in the Inn the next day saying we’re interested in any stories people might have to tell of the ‘happenings’ around Bree and its outlying communities. These “happenings” could include anything from the unexplained to murder: lost livestock, travelers who say they’ve ‘been followed,’ etc.
In my last post, I had Thoronmir volunteer to speak to Butterbur about what's been going on. The landlord of an inn like the Prancing Pony knows probably more news of the surrounding country than anyone else, so he's the logical place to start. Being the talkative cove that he is, the rest of the Bree people will learn that the travelers are seeking information.

To fit in with the next step of the plan, we will need 3 different "crime scenes" to investigate. One will be the Whittleworth farm, which our worthy Trolls obliterated so effectively while our King's messengers were consulting at the Pony. Fen Shepherdspurse will volunteer information about this one in his own time, so please, don't anyone jump the gun and beat him to it. So we need to learn from Butterbur and/or other Bree people about 2 other sites. Of course there will be more, but these will be probably the most recent; our goal in investigating them is to see who's responsible.

Therefore, in your next posts, please discuss these matters with the natives and invent specific stories about what's been happening. This phase can take either one or two full days, so you don't have to limit yourself to one beer's worth conversation in the common room.

Remember, we have no reason to think Trolls or Orcs or anything non-human is behind this. If you need to speculate, it's most likely to be evil men, brigands left over from the War and the Scouring of the Shire living in the Wild. However, I can easily imagine that the Breeland peasants have come up with any amount of wild "ghost stories" and things of that ilk to explain what's been happening.

Quote:
6. The company breaks into smaller scouting groups to check out the stories. Veryadan has added these stories to his map, and the companions start to see that the attacks are beginning to happen in the outlying communities to the NORTHEAST of Bree now – the unknown perpetrators have moved their focus.

7. One group will be led by Fen to the Whittleworth farm. All the groups will rendezvous on Weathertop in 2 days to compare notes. The first group to arrive will be set upon by orcs.

8. The attack; a battle is fought; three companions are wounded – one severely.

9. The company is saved by the arrival of the other scouting groups.
When we have enough information, either Envinyatar or I will post and bring the group together to share information and plot sites on the map. Then we will decide which ones to investigate and divide into 3 groups: 2 groups of 3, and 1 group of 2. The group of 2 will be led by Fen to the Whittleworth farm. One of the groups of 3 will be the first to arrive at Weathertop.

I need to know if any of you want to volunteer your character for an injury. Meneltarmacil has already volunteered Thoronmir to get hurt later along the road to Rivendell (although you can change that if you like, of course). I just need to know what preferences you have before I decide how to divide us up. Otherwise, I'll just make assignments.

We've made a good, swift start on this; keep up the good work! Carry on!

~ Nuranar

Last edited by Nuranar; 09-18-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #127
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Kransha

Go ahead and use Fen in your post as needed.

All he's going to tell the Orcs is that there seems to be some sort of hush hush meeting between rangers down from the north and a ranger and Elves from the south.

If you can have your character direct him back to Bree to find out more - he'll volunteer to spill what he knows about the Whittleworth farm and pump what more info he can from the inauspicious party.

A few coins to grease his palm would of course be appreciated.

- E -
Old 09-18-2004, 01:03 AM   #128
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

I've left a SAVE for anyone needing to do a post for the evening or night. Just put it on the Discussion Thread and we can transfer it to the game.

-----------------

My last post has moved us on to morning. Thoronmir and Osric have joined Veryadan for breakfast (I wasn't sure who was going to speak with the Innkeeper). There's an opportunity for one of your characters to go speak with the Innkeeper, if you wish . . .
Old 09-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #129
Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock
Animated Skeleton

Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hey can I plese have the saved space for the evning/night post because i dont get to post that offen so i need all the help i can get

Last edited by Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock; 09-18-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:27 PM   #130
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dragon Elf, just write an evening post and put it here on the discussion. Envinyatar can copy it to his save.

Please read the story posts carefully. You have Menecar asking, "Why talk to the inkeeper?" But in my post on 09-16-04 I made it clear. I also made it clear in my discussion post just above: "The landlord of an inn like the Prancing Pony knows probably more news of the surrounding country than anyone else, so he's the logical place to start." Thoronmir's talking to the landlord to get information.

I also said: "We have no reason to think Trolls or Orcs or anything non-human is behind this." Menecar should not be assuming Orcs are involved at all. Nor do we know that these are organized raids. That's why we're asking questions.

As writers, we know the whole plot. But our characters don't. We need to be very careful to show how they discover everything.

Please fix those as soon as possible. Thank you!

~ Nuranar
Old 09-19-2004, 06:48 AM   #131
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas,

Have you been reading the discussion posts? Once again, I said, "We have no reason to think Trolls or Orcs or anything non-human is behind this." Aidwain should not be thinking about trolls. Please fix that in your post as soon as possible.

~ Nuranar
Old 09-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #132
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

My save will not be affecting other characters. So please post on if you want to, don't let it stop you. I will fill it up ASAP, hopefully by today.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #133
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

I edited my post .
Old 09-21-2004, 10:16 AM   #134
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have updated my save as well as my character's bio. will post new attire/equipment inofrmation when he gets on the road.

Envinyatar-Does my chronogical interpretation of when Sheperdspurse reentered the Prancing pony agree with you? Tell me if not and I'll make an edit.

Meneltarmacil What about you? Do you want my character to notice yours striking a conversation with Butterbur?

Last edited by Saurreg; 09-21-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #135
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Hello all (and/or none). Sorry about not filling that Save in so long. Just for convenience's sake, I deleted it, and am going to post the post when it is complete. The post will simply be Grathgrob's meeting with Fen. Then, Fen can return to the Pony with his new supply of information. If anyone requires me to edit, when my post goes up tonight, just say so. The post will be on the RPG Thread by 9:00 EST.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 09-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #136
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Kransha

It might be best if you put the post here on the discussion thread, and I can have Pio post it with a previous post. Time has moved ahead at the Inn - and Fen is already there, and has been seen coming in by Saurreg's character.

What do you think?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saurreg

Your edited post looks fine to me.

- E -
Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #137
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Here's that post for pio. If any editing needs to be done, tell me before it has been placed on the RPG Thread.

A dull, pointless tune, whistled badly by orcish lips, rent the calm air. Búbkûr was not a good whistler, not at any rate, and his butchery of the same old uruk folk tune he’d heard circulating around the campfire was appalling. He didn’t even like the melody, as he’d made clear earlier, but the silence of the area disconcerted him greatly, filling him with the urge to be at least half as noisy as he usually was. He didn’t like all the nature, which was a given in a forested, hilly land. He especially didn’t like the trees. He’d lived his whole life in a place without trees, or bushes, or leaves, or roots, or any filth that accompanied trees. Any tree was like a thorn in his side. But, he especially hated those leafless, crooked ones. Those were the worst trees, and since Búbkûr didn’t like trees, he especially didn’t like the least likable trees, as they were not likable (which made perfect sense to him, somewhat). There were a lot of those in Bree-land, mostly in the dense, derelict forests. Thankfully, there were not that many of those trees in the area where Búbkûr was at the moment.

Where he was was at a familiar locale, between Bâzzog’s section of camp and that of Ugwakh, his second. He had come from Ugwakh’s section, having acted as an annoyed messenger who brought word of plans and schemes that he did not fully understand. He felt left out of the loop, regardless of who he spoke to, and it made him mad. Ugwakh’s dull, gruff attitude hadn’t helped. The parley broke into quick and steady argument, common for hostile orc-kind. Búbkûr was content to have left the wretched glob of an orc to his own wretched devices. His course back to Bâzzog was abandoned as he sought unheard of tranquility to ponder his situation. He felt better, not in the company of Bâzzog, Ugwakh, or the smart-mouth Gráthgrob. But, his feeling was overthrown when clip-clopping noise broke his ‘concentration’ and a trio of those crooked, horrid trees appeared just as he crested a small lump of a dirt mound. To the most crooked, most hateful tree was tied a horse, with its rider walking beside it. It took an irritatingly long time for Búbkûr to recognize the fellow and realize that he had wandered to an appointed place of meeting with said man.

“Yer Fen Sheperdsnurse, roight?” He said, enthusiastically, as he approached the man. He remembered that the 'negotiator' between the orcs an the Breelanders was actually old Grathgrob, and that's probably who this creature was expecting. It didn't matter, since, as they said in Bree sometimes, "Beggars can't be choosers." When it comes to orcs, everyone's a beggar, and nobody bothers risking their lives making choices. Choices are a bad thing, in uruk company. Finishing his exclamation, Búbkûr looked over the man, who looked dissapointed about the recipient of his soon-to-be-delivered message. He also looked like several other things, but Búbkûr was never any good at conjuring appropriate adjectives.

Fen coughed pointedly. “That’s Sheperdspurse, orc.” He corrected, his raspy voice grating on Búbkûr’s easily stricken nerves. Waving his clawed hand dismissively, the uruk nodded. “Yeah, sure it is. Whaddaya want?” He was obviously impatient, and in a sour mood. Even though he never considered challenging Bâzzog, he was often tempted when the superior orc treated him so dishonorably. Growling in his bracken-clotted throat, the orc’s hook hand scratched idly at the small of his back, drawing blood inadvertently. Though Fen’s eyes were drawn to the strange activity, the man of Bree managed to remain focused and continue speaking. Búbkûr’s gaze, though, unavoidably continued to sway, looking at that crooked tree behind the man; that tree he so disliked. Disliking the tree made him feel more confident, and he almost blocked out the sound of Fen Sheperdspurse.

“I come bringing ill news, orc,” Fen drawled on, “and you’d do best to pass it on to your captain.” Búbkûr looked up; one brow rising so that one of his two beady eyes became swollen and bulbous, which was probably the best look of inquiry the foul creature could muster. The orc whipped his hook hand back out and brandished it in a menacing fashion at the Breelander. “Yer bringin’ illness?” he said, skeptical and confused, “I don’t wanna get sick, ya know!” His two eyes were now bulging from their sockets, to Fen’s dismay. The Breelander probably would’ve been irritated by the orc’s stupidity if that same orc hadn’t been waving a rusty metal hook several inches in front of his nose. Hurriedly, Fen attempted to calm Búbkûr promptly, gesturing with his arms to settle the bewildered fiend.

“Bad news,” he stated swiftly, “I bring bad news.”

Astutely, Búbkûr settled down, speaking dimly as if nothing had happened. He needed no second measure of reassurance. His hook returned to its fleshy scratching post. “Oh…yeah, fine.” He muttered, looking away without a care or aim. “What is it?...The bad news, I mean.” Fen nodded, as if in understanding and, wrapping his narrow fingers around his staff again. Like a foul orator preparing for rhetoric, he contemplated. With a reserved gesture that plainly meant “Get to the point,” from Búbkûr, Fen began again, saying “There’s been some sort of clandestine meeting in the Prancing Pony” and pausing afterward to see the orc’s reaction (or lack thereof). After Búbkûr bobbed his head dimly, Fen went on. “Four northern Rangers and four Elves and a fifth ranger, all whispering like they’re talking about some dark secret. I thought Bâzzog would want to know.”

“Sure he would.” Búbkûr snapped, frustrated, not fully comprehending the situation, “Ya say four tarks meetin’ with four Elves?” Rolling his eyes as the orc looked away, Fen replied: “Yes, and another Ranger with the Elves.” Búbkûr’s lower, bulbous lip wound up over his upper jaw, enveloping it, and he scratched his hairy chin. “I’ve got it.” He said at last, a spark in his bugging eyes, “After we spend all the gold from last noight, we’ll get right on doin’ somethin’ about them tarks.” Fen’s own eyes illuminated evilly all of a sudden at the last statement. Stuttering in anticipation, the man ventured a query.

“Last night, you say?”

“Yeah.” Búbkûr tried to look intelligent as he nodded, still unaware of the wound he was tearing in his back, “Them stupid trolls got a grand haul from the Whittleworth Farm just outside o’ Staddle. Thems trolls get stupider by the day, I reckon.” He laughed, good-naturedly, but the laugh he elicited from Fen was forced (though Búbkûr was too busy developing the cognitions of a proper guffaw to notice). “Indeed.” Fen murmured, as soon as his ‘surfeit of raucous laughter’ had concluded, “So, what of the Rangers and Elves?” Búbkûr noticed Fen’s uneasiness, but ignored it in true orc fashion, considering. His feeble strivings toward philosophy were miserable, especially when he tried to look philosophical. “Pump ‘em fer information, ya know?” He growled sinisterly, “Ya can tell ‘em about the farm, that’s old news. Just so long as ya get some good news next time ya come.” He brandished his hook hand with ominous intent again, his eyes narrowing. “I won’t be quite so pleasant if’n ya bring ill news again.”

It didn’t take long for Fen Sheperdspurse to turn on his heels, leap onto the malnourished horse he had bound to that nearby, crooked and hunched over tree, and gallop off briskly into the distance, towards Bree. Chuckling merrily to himself, and thinking himself quite intelligent, Búbkûr galumphed back towards Bâzzog’s camp, slicing through half the trunk of that crooked tree, shaking it to its very roots. He really hated that tree.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #138
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

I spent exactly 12 hours on campus today and my brain is just a wee bit fried, but here's a few notes:

rutslegolas, thanks for editing, and thanks, too, for replying on the discussion when you did.

Saurreg, thanks for filling your save and for updating your bio. I for one refer to the bios fairly often, when I need to incorporate other characters in my posts. Besides, Loudewater is intricate enough that I appreciate it more than usual.

Envinyatar and Kransha, Kransha's post may fit best into Envinyatar's save dated 09-18-04. That way it's more closely linked to Fen's departure from the Inn a few posts before. I assume the meeting itself took place during the wee small hours of the night, so chronologically speaking it ought to be before Envinyatar's post that moves us into the morning.

Alaksoron? Esgallhugwen? If either of you would like to move us forward in the day, or make more progress with the information-gathering, I wouldn't take it amiss.

~ Nuranar
Old 09-22-2004, 12:51 AM   #139
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Hmmm . . . I transferred Kransha's post. However, his and Envinyatar's posts were completely at odds with each other.

Since Envinyatar was online - I asked him to delete his post of early yesterday afternoon and rewrite. He will do so.

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 AM   #140
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Fen has offered to tell of the horrid happenings at the Whittleworth farm . . . would someone like to 'interview' him - do some lead in questions, then I'll answer for him.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:48 AM   #141
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Nuranar have you contacted Esgallhugwen ?

And when are we going to move the story ahead ,after the announcements we are going to split inot scouting groups and meet at Amun Sul in 2 days right??
Old 09-22-2004, 06:25 AM   #142
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Hmmm . . . I transferred Kransha's post. However, his and Envinyatar's posts were completely at odds with each other.
Like I said, 12 hours on campus has a brain-frying tendency. Now that I think of it, of course they conflicted. I just didn't see it. My apologies!

Envinyatar, I'll lead in to the interview if no one else does... Unfortunately, today is a bit busy and tomorrow morning isn't much better. Anyone else feel free to do it, but I will as soon as I can.

rutslegolas, we still have very little information; that's the whole purpose of this part of the plan. Plus I allowed 1 or 2 days for that, and as far as I can tell we're still on the morning of the first. So... all in good time.

Everyone, please don't think that having a plan means Envinyatar and I are the only ones who can move the story forward. I would like to see you taking initiative and advancing the time frame yourselves.

~ Nuranar
Old 09-22-2004, 11:15 AM   #143
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Panic Stricken

Ahhhh! *pant pant* I'm here and as of right now I'm posting, I could be the one to ask "interview" Fen, perhaps then I'll get the needed bat upside the head to do my duty for this RP. I mean not that I have no reason to post, quite the contrary, but this would merely give me extra incentive. And perhaps Fen could feel degraded or insulted that one of the company of female persausion is the one asking the questions.

Just an idea, if someone else is better suited for the job than by all means go to it!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #144
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Esgallhugwen

I've put up a SAVE and Fen will dole out enough information to draw the interest of the Elf

---------------------------------------

Other Rangers and Elves

Go ahead and write about someone in the Inn you've talked to or someone in the town square (wherever you'ld like to meet them) - make up the story of what's happened - you can make it as grisly as you wish. Just remember no one knows who is doing this. The trolls and orcs have not been seen by anyone still alive to tell about it.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:17 PM   #145
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Ah, Excellent! *rubs hands together*

Thank ye kindly,
Esgallhugwen
Old 09-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #146
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've put up a save myself. I hope to post tonight, but if not I will tomorrow afternoon.

If my save is in the way of your interaction, Fen, excuse me, Envinyatar (funny how I identify players with characters!) and Esgallhugwen I will move it. I'll work to integrate it into mine, either way.

~ Nuranar
Old 09-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #147
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have posted after your last, Envinyatar, and deleted my save. I have to go to class now, but I may add to the post around suppertime.

On another note, completely off topic, but I'm just bubbling over with this: This afternoon I get my Fightin' Texas Aggie RING! WHOOP!
Old 09-26-2004, 05:11 AM   #148
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have no idea what a Texas Aggie ring is. No idea whatsoever.

Anyway seeing there's no action, I'll be moving my character along really soon. Most probably he will leave the village before the investigators. I'll just have to think of some events to keep him preoccupied.

Envinyatar/Nuranar - please PM me a list of do's and dont's for a simple farmer travelling through the wilderness so that i won't mess up the storyline.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #149
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Esgallhugwen

I've left a lead-in for you to talk about your 'interview' with Fen and to bring him over to the table to show us where his 'incident' took place.

Last edited by Envinyatar; 09-27-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #150
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Very good, very good. I'll get right on it!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #151
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Saurreg, I will send you a message in a couple of hours.

Esgallhugwen, thanks for your post. Meneltarmacil, Dragon Elf, and Alaksoron, all of you haven't posted for the last 1 to 2 weeks. Please post ASAP.

Thanks for your hard work, Envinyatar - you've really kept things from stagnating entirely.

Everyone, please try to either post more often or write longer posts. (2 or 3 paragraphs is a minimum only!) Remember, an RPG is a group effort.

Carry on!

Nuranar

P.S. About the Aggie ring: My university is Texas A&M University. We are known as Aggies (think agriculture). The Aggie ring is the school ring. But we can't even order it until we have 95 credit hours, so most people don't receive it until they are nearly graduating. It's a super BIG DEAL. So you can imagine why I was a bit excited last week.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 PM   #152
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That was fast work, Meneltarmacil! Good job!

Envinyatar, the trend in the latest posts seems to be that a lot of people are suspicious of Fen. Is that how you'd like it? Or should we be a wee bit more trusting, to make his betrayal more unexpected?

~ Nuranar
Old 09-29-2004, 07:13 PM   #153
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Thoronmir's injury

I've been speaking with Dragon Elf some more, and we came up with a good plan for my injury at the Stone Trolls. I'd just need the approval of a couple other characters (notably Kransha) before it would be official.

Saurreg PMed me earlier about if I could get injured while saving Andas Loudewater, so I decided to work around that. When we've reached the Stone Trolls, we'll get attacked by orcs, and Kransha (the orc Kransha named after himself) will be among them. We'll be fighting as usual, and I'll see him aim an arrow at Loudewater. I'll run up, push him aside, and take the blow myself, leaving only Menecar standing between Kransha and Loudewater. (Dragon Elf said he wanted to take on Kransha, so that's why this situation would develop.) My right arm would be crippled, and the arrow will most likely be poisoned.

Only a suggestion at this point, though.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #154
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Wounds and Whatnot

Meneltarmacil and Saurreg:

The Stone Trolls (the three trolls turned to stone in The Hobbit) are on the far side of the Hoarwell and the Last Bridge. That is, according to The Fellowship, a good 6-7 days' journey on foot from Weathertop.

So this fight and injury is to take place after we are ambushed on Weathertop, correct?

If so, I don't have a problem with it. Just keep in mind that events and circumstances might change considerably before we get to that point in the story.

Saurreg, I would like to know your plans for meeting up with us. That is the critical point right now.

Alaksoron, please see your PM's.

I will post tomorrow afternoon, bringing an end to our inquiries in Bree.

According to the outline I posted above (09-13-2004), 2 or 3 of King Elessar's Messengers (KEM) will be led by Fen to the Whittleworth farm, and then ambushed when they reach Weathertop. They will be rescued by the other two groups. In the battle, 3 KEM will be wounded: 2 moderately, 1 severely.

EVERYONE: I need to know if anyone is wanting to or does not want to be injured. So far,

Andas Loudewater will be joining the KEM somewhere around this battle.
Thoronmir will be wounded later along the journey.
Tarondo will not be wounded. (Because he's the leader and I say so. )

That leaves Aidwain, Silrûth, Luinien, Osric, and Veryadan. Menecar cannot be severely wounded, although he just might be one of the moderately wounded. Envinyatar has already said that Veryadan may be among the wounded.

So: Dragon Elf, Esgallhugwen, Alaksoron, and rutslegolas: Please post ASAP your preference. If you do not post, I will assume your character can be wounded.

Any questions, comments, or complaints are welcome, as always.

Carry on!

Nuranar
Old 09-29-2004, 08:05 PM   #155
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
I've been speaking with Dragon Elf some more, and we came up with a good plan for my injury at the Stone Trolls. I'd just need the approval of a couple other characters (notably Kransha) before it would be official.

Saurreg PMed me earlier about if I could get injured while saving Andas Loudewater, so I decided to work around that. When we've reached the Stone Trolls, we'll get attacked by orcs, and Kransha (the orc Kransha named after himself) will be among them. We'll be fighting as usual, and I'll see him aim an arrow at Loudewater. I'll run up, push him aside, and take the blow myself, leaving only Menecar standing between Kransha and Loudewater. (Dragon Elf said he wanted to take on Kransha, so that's why this situation would develop.) My right arm would be crippled, and the arrow will most likely be poisoned.

Only a suggestion at this point, though.
This is all fine, just so everyone knows, as long as I get to have a say in it. If you need any information regarding Kransha, just PM, or what have you.

*feels very insufficient because of incredible shortness of post*

Old 09-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #156
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Thanks, Kransha!

I already know that Dragon Elf does NOT want Menecar to be wounded, so please don't try anything bad there. And I'm sorry he didn't post this himself, but his schedule is rather busy and he doesn't have a lot of time to make posts except on weekends.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:32 AM   #157
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting Aidwain

Well really i do not want to be injured,but if no one else wants to be ,I will be ready.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:32 AM   #158
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Question

Alaksoron

I'm a little unclear about what your character, Osric, is doing. Do you plan at some time to interview one of the Breelanders who has a story to relate about the attacks? Get some sort of fix on where one of our search groups should be going?

It will be fine with me if you write about the 'incident' your group will be going to investigate.

- E -
Old 10-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #159
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Alright - Fen has agreed to go and show the massacre at the Whittleworth farm to the companions.

What we need now is this:

Thoronmir and/or Menecar - can you please do a scene where you either interview or talk about someone you've interviewed about an incident (make up the details any way you wish). It should happen somewhere not too far from Weather top and how you think that this incident could provide some clues.

Then we need one more incident for the third group to investigate - so Osric and/or Aidwain can you do something similar.

I'd like us to have these in place by the middle of next week, so that we can inspect the 3 places we've been referred to, then move on to the meeting at Weathertop.

- E -
Old 10-04-2004, 02:28 AM   #160
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Osric would you please write the third incident ,I am afraid I am not too good at conversations