Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2004, 01:22 PM   #121
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

I concur with Firefoot! We should carry Sam along. Arthur has a short temper, but he'd never kill his brother. We'll take good care of him for you, Morsul!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #122
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Morsul, Crystal -

Please check your pms regarding "Sam's fate". Crystal - consult with Morsul and let us know how you want to handle the character in Morsul's absence...

Cami, game mod
Old 09-05-2004, 05:58 AM   #123
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
I do not want to kill Sam off because of the conflict you have created with his own character, I thought you could bring a very interesting swing to the entire bad guys-you know bringing word to us good guys or something.

I have thought long and hard about you, Morsul's, want to kill off the dear character of Sam due to the reason that your computer is malfunctioning. I have decided not to allow the killing of Sam off so early. Maybe later, maybe not at all, but I do not want him to die here and now.

Thus, I ask you, Firefoot and Perky, whether or not you want to carry him along or go out and ask someone else to hold that character until Morsul's computer is fixed. I shall leave the decision in your hands, but please make it quickly, for the sake of the RPG.

-Crystal Heart-
Old 09-05-2004, 06:14 AM   #124
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I would agree to carrying Sam's character along, and Perky too said some three posts up that he wouldn't mind either. If the opportunity presents itself and it seems rather necessary, I could write some posts in Sam's perspective.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:43 AM   #125
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yes, I have no trouble doing exactly what Firefoot said. As for Morsul's recent post, well, I think I'm gonna have to find a creative solution for that. Although Arthur has a lighter side, I don't think he'd run away from his father like that. He'd go reluctantly. Weather Sam agrees is up to Cami, Crystal, and Morsul.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #126
Child of the 7th Age

Cami bows politely to Perky....

Whatever Crystal and you (Perky, Firefoot) decide is fine, since this is a matter of plotting rather than "rules" or anything like that. If she can get in touch with Morsul, all the better. But that may not be possible, since he has withdrawn from the game, at least temporarily.

Crystal -- Let us know if you want both Firefoot and Perky to carry the character, or prefer to go with just one caretaker. And who should do the next post?
Old 09-06-2004, 06:13 AM   #127
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is fine with me if both of you carry Sam, just make sure to read each other's post carefully and try to write the same type of character. You two are very great RPGers and I have no doubt that you'll do fine with Sam's character.

Has anyone found Hama or heard from him? Several posts have been written with him in it and if we can find him by today then that would be great. If not, I will write a post for him, everyone else afterwards needs to write a summary of themselves getting ready to leave, then I'll post about us starting out on our journey... I see we won't be on our way by Tuesday so I'm expanding it to Wednesday.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:48 AM   #128
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, that sounds fine with me. Sandrina and co. will probably arrive at the estate within a couple days (game time, not real time), correct? Perky, if you could finish up your discussion between Sam and Arthur, it would be great. Then I will bring home Harold, and probably move time forward to the next day.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #129
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Alright! I'll work on a post and get it up today. We'll rendevous at Harold's house, and wait for you there!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #130
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds great guys! Thank you for replying so soon.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #131
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

Pippin Pondlily has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

My power went out as soon as I posted on the game thread so here's what I was going to say concerning ...

Since my post covers the morning hours unreached as of yet by the other characters in the inn, should I take out that part and post it after the other players finish up their business that night?

Otherwise I hope my post is okay and in accordance with the game-plan.

- P. Pondlily

OH yah, and I thought I saw a post done by Hama between one of Perky Ent's and Firefoot's, in the middle of an Arthur/Samuel scene. I'm pretty sure he has posted for himself... anyways that might want to be checked up on?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:50 AM   #132
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sure it's fine. Everyone please write in a summary post of the night and the early morning. Do not add taking off. That shall be my portion. I will wait until all of us have posted then I will add my summary.

Does anyone know where Hama of the Riddermark is???

-Crystal Heart-
Old 09-07-2004, 06:01 PM   #133
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Where's Hama? Who knows? He hasn't logged on for 3 days, but maybe he's taking a holiday. Maybe his computer broke? Who knows really

BTW, my save is filled! We are there, and we are ready...well, at least Arthur is
Old 09-07-2004, 06:12 PM   #134
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
Ok. Everyone is now together and Haven returned. I hope that's ok? Should I not have talked about time? If I need to I can revise it I can. Let me know what I need to change.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
Old 09-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #135
Child of the 7th Age

Crystal,

Please clear your pms. I just noticed your last post, and wanted to send another note to clarify the earlier one but it wouldn't go through. Good to see things moving again!

Thanks...

Cami, game mod
Old 09-10-2004, 04:42 PM   #136
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Crystal - I did not realize you would be bringing the good guys to the estates already, and so I did not yet move the baddies out of there. Would it be best if I just added more on to the end of my last post? I'm thinking that for the flow of the game it would be better if the bad guys left before Sandrina and co. got there.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:36 AM   #137
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes that would be great Firefoot. We do not want the company to discover them yet. That will happen at the end. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I don't believe I saw it.

I apologize for my short absence. I am sick and have not been feeling well enough to even get to a computer.

-Crystal-
Old 09-11-2004, 07:20 AM   #138
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I have edited my last post so that Harold, Arthur, and Samuel have left the estate.

I hope you feel better soon, Crystal.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #139
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yes, I'll get a post in about Arthur's usual thoughts
Old 09-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #140
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, I am feeling much better. Thanks Firefoot for getting right on that. Since I was the last to post, someone else should probably post instead.

Has anyone heard from Hama, Pippin, and Anora? Just wondering about who is still with us. As you might have already seen I am taking over the role of Hama until he shows up once again.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #141
starkat
Wight

I'm still here. I've had some family stuff to deal with over the last few days. I had family in Grenada when Ivan went through. We finally found out that their house is ok, my uncle is staying down there as to no inturrupt his medical studies and the rest of his family should be in Florida by now.

What should Anora be doing next? Any suggestions?
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
Old 09-11-2004, 11:53 AM   #142
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Alright Im here for a bit today let me catch up on sam's doings and I'll try to post again
Old 09-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #143
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Poor Hama! That was quite a strong scene for his character in which he had no say ...

I'm still here too, Crystal, but I'm not sure what you guys are going to do as far as approaching the property and going into the house. We really did just jump on top of it w/o any plan of action as Himaran's character was sort of thinking...

But I am following along and keeping up with it all so as soon as my character's interaction is appropriate I will most certainly post for her.

- P. Pondlily
Old 09-11-2004, 06:28 PM   #144
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Raen and Braedon did a little scouting on foot, and managed to hear the three baddies leaving. However, they were not sure what it was, and Braedon went back up the hill to get the others.

The mercenaries, I am assuming, are hiding in the estate, waiting for us to enter.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #145
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The mercenaries never showed up, alas. However, those "other men" on Harold's side, six of them, are hiding around the estate, mostly around Harold's house, waiting for the baddies...

You will have noticed that I took advantage of that messenger (newly named Cerdic) you sent along in the edited/extended part of my last post. If you like, you can use him as a carry-along for questioning etc. Perhaps one of your characters will recognize him? If you should choose to do so, he is in brief a tall, dark featured man who grew up with Harold and is for this reason Harold trusts him more than any other, including his sons. However, Cerdic really isn't as trustworthy as Harold thinks he is; he seeks his own ends, and up to this point that has meant that has meant helping Harold. If threatened however, he will probably spill all that he knows, if given the chance to live... (That traitor )
Old 09-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #146
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Apologies for my absence, the college LAN and internet is experienceing many technical difficulties, and I have been unable to access the game since thursday... I will most likely be fully back into the swing of it by about wednesday if this week.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:31 PM   #147
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

In his last post, Perky brought up an interesting question that I don't really know the answer to. That is "where are the bad guys going?" Edoras and Minas Tirith are both too far away, so perhaps the idea shouldn't be that they are heading for any particular place, but rather sort of loop around so that they come upon the estate from the opposite direction... they really don't have any way of knowing when it is safe to go back anyway. Perky and Morsul, any ideas?

Crystal, do you know how the two parties will eventually meet? Or is that just a wait-and-see?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #148
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yes, I was hoping you would bring that up Where are we going?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #149
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

HURRICANE PROBLEM! There is currently a category 5 hurricane heading for my town, and unless it shifts at the last second, we're going to have to avacuate. So, if I have a period of absense, it's because I don't wanna die!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #150
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh my! My prayers extend over you Perky. I hope that you are save and well. Do not worry about an absence. Your safety is a higher priority.

Firefoot: It's kind of an up in the air type thing at this moment. I have not decided where they shall meet for the final confrontation. Of course, it will be at the end, but it isn't determined yet. Yes, it is a type of wait and see thing.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:04 PM   #151
starkat
Wight

I am not going to be able to post anything before Monday due to school work. I have two major tests coming up and a couple of papers to write. Can ya'll carry Anora for me until then? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #152
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Still Here!

I'm still here, though my computer might not be. By tomorrow, I'll be back at my old computer (if it's still there) and writing away!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #153
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is good to hear that you are well Perky and that you survived the hurricane. And yes, we will carry along Anora for you!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #154
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
I have a certain mental image of the estate, which I would like to pass along to you, Chrystal, for affirmation:

There are four walls (a square) encompasing the whole thing. Inside there are stables, the house itself, and perhaps a few other smaller buildings. There is one gate to the outer wall, and then the house is at the far side (but facing the gate).

Raen and Braedon are checking out the estate. The others are at the gate, waiting for a signal. They will run into the six baddies, and then we can all have a good fight. Btw, can Cedric live? It would be cool to have him in tow for questioning... cooking... etc.

Himaran
Old 09-17-2004, 08:34 PM   #155
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

I'm still here too I think it's been a couple days since I was so just to let you know. I'll look at the thread now to see if there's anything I can do with Haven.

- P. Pondlily
Old 09-18-2004, 05:50 PM   #156
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Crystal,

About how long will it be before Harold and co come back? Right now, there's really not that much to post about.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:13 AM   #157
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright this is what needs to happen:

The good guys have to search the estate and the bad guys are going to have to see them and flee to someone in the city and pay them to kill Sandrina "right." The good guys will find that no one is there and Sandrina becomes distressed. Someone suggests that they try to go into the city of Rohan and find her parents. They journey into the city to find them.

Bad guys I don't believe will return until right before the end. You three must fear for your lives after seeing who is with Sandrina. You can scuff at it and act like Sandrina's team is nothing, but deep down you'll be scared.

Does that make sense??
Old 09-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #158
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry about my absence, I'll have a post up either monday or tuesday...
Old 09-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #159
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Please someone post because i feel like I have been posting too much in a row. Thank you!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #160
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hey guys let's get this thing going again. It's kind of been a little too quiet. So let's get this game a rolling!

Please. Thank you

Please post today and tell me if you are here or not.