Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
ok that is fine with me .
Old 10-23-2004, 07:23 PM   #242
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ah yes, Jynne will have lots of fun, won't we?

Old 10-23-2004, 07:37 PM   #243
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Imladris and Niluial

Wow! You two were so fast in responding.

Pio or Child -- please shift the post earlier and erase Niluial's last box....

~Regin
Old 10-23-2004, 09:10 PM   #244
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I finally filled in my save. Sorry it took so long.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:13 AM   #245
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Niluial

Your recent post was moved up to #186 on the RPG - fits in the timeline better.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #246
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Bad guys...I've posted a save where Tarn can help pack you into the barrels. I think Nilak will be there to help too. I should imagine they will be a bit cramped, especially with your weapons, and some of the goods which will placed on top to disguise you may not be too comfortable either - nails, that kind of thing!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:53 PM   #247
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thumbs up

My save is filled in. Marreth got a barrel with flour in it. Hope he doesn't sneeze.

All you bad guys -- please check your pms. Also, please take note that our resources are kind of split up here. Imladris (Jynne) has been left back on the ship. Tarn and Nilak are packing the barrels along with Thynne. I've already gotten into a barrel. That only leaves Diera. I've written Rinfanawen and suggested she post either getting into a barrel or afterwards as she is transported onto the ship and gets out to fight.

So Lalwende and Kitanna -- since there's not too many more to post in the barrel scene, you two can do a narrative in your save spots where you have us all get in and then be transported in the boats. The barrels should be ready to hoist up on the winch. Then Luindal or another one of the good guys can take over getting the barrels onto the ship.....

What happens next is anybody's guess. Good and bad guys can fight it out. Nobody gets killed and the Corsairs have to run off, but Marreth will be busy with a little errand of his own, high up in the mast before leaving the ship.

~Regin
Old 10-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #248
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've filled in my save now - I hope that didn't take too long?

Regin - cheers for a good post - it gave me plenty of ideas to run on with!
Old 10-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #249
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

About SAVES

Please try to get your SAVES filled in within the 24 hour time period allowed for them. And at the very most in 2 days.

If you can't fill your SAVE right away - then put a small description on it of what it will be about and a note on the discussion thread of when you will fill it in.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 10-28-2004, 06:59 PM   #250
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

My save is filled...

I am truly sorry that it took so long. Very bad on my part. *slaps self*

Old 10-29-2004, 12:09 AM   #251
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My save is filled in...

Rōg, Freyn, Elwe, and Galhardir -- please note that Luindal has described where you are as the boats are loaded. If anyone has any objections to their location, let me know and I'll edit....

Let's get the barrels up. Nothing will happen till they are on deck. And hey I wouldn't mind having one or two barrels get a good hard knock in the process!

~Cami
Old 10-29-2004, 12:37 AM   #252
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

Hey, Child, git your hands off those barrels! It's not so comfortable in here.

I am up late packing. I leave tomorrow right after school. My class is going to a place called "Rivendell Ranch" for a kind of retreat. I swear that's the name of it. I wonder how they got a name like that?

Anyways I was waiting for the saves to fill in before I posted. Only now I won't be home till Sunday late. I'm going to do a save in Friday morning but won't fill it in till very late Sunday. Hope this is alright, Pio, under the circumstances.

I'll make sure to put up a little outline saying what I'm going to do so you will all know.....

~Regin
Old 10-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #253
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

Slipping into the coimputer room during lunchand typing quickly...

I got my save up. I will be busy climbing the mast so someone else needs to start the fight.

Luindal -- Once all the barrels are on board, could you get suspicious and start prying away the lid on one container? Then, before you can pry it open all the way, one or more of the Lossoth allies who brought the barrels on board should charage Luindal and yell out a warning to the other Corsairs to push their way to the outside, and the battle begins.

Actually, I need you guys to give me cover for what I'm doing up there in the mast. Everyone can post their part in the fight.

End result will be a quick tussle with only minor injuries. The Corsairs and allies will be chased off the ship, and I'll manage to get off on my own and will be smiling pretty.....

See you after I get back.

~Regin
Old 10-30-2004, 11:07 AM   #254
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

I've reserved myself a save, as I think it's the right spot in the narrative of the story, but I will wait until Regin has posted for Marreth before I fill it in, so I don't mess up his posting! So if it's longer than 24 hours, please consider this as my 'excuse' - it beats my long ago favourite homework excuse of 'the dog ate it' anyway. Anyhow, it will just be some narrative about barrels and corsairs, if you folks need to know! Cheers.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:58 PM   #255
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Regin, Cami

Annū and his Lossoth helpers have tipped the barrels over, rolled them across the deck, and put them in groups - sorted out by little marks they assume denote the contents.

The Corsair captain's barrel was unmarked - they rolled it to a place by itself.

Hope this is OK. Will edit as needed.

-- Arry

Last edited by Arry; 10-30-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #256
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

Arry,

This looks fine.

I have filled in my save but hopped it forward at the end of the line. Could everyone please fill in your saves.....Luindal go ahead with the discovery of the Corsairs. I will get "boring" with my tool and everyone else can soon begin fighting!

~Regin
Old 11-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #257
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

At last! Filled in my save! I managed to write it in between having a root canal, a meeting and sorting out a bunch of video conferences and got it posted in a last-minute dash, at the same time as extracting my CD from the computer, shutting down my scanner and hiding my desk keys - all in the knowledge that I had to run because half the lifts were out of order!

Anyways, Regin - can Tarn do a bit of fighting or does he have to scram with the boats? If he's not wanted for fighting, i.e. if it doesn't 'fit', then I could have him ready to help rescue the Corsairs?
Old 11-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #258
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

Lalwende,

Many thanks for that post. Looking good!

Fighting is fine if that is what you'd like. Presumably you would come on board after the barrels are all set out on the deck to shake hands on the deal. You'd be there when Luindal discovers a Corsair in one of them. Child - you can even mention that in Luindal's next post.

Hope Tarn and Nilak remembered to carry a concealed sword or another weapon.

~Regin
Old 11-03-2004, 07:05 AM   #259
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Excellent! I like to write a little fighting now and then. Tarn does have his knife hidden in his inside pocket. It is supposed to be for skinning and gutting catches after a hunt, but he doesn't hunt much any more, so why does he carry it about with him everywhere? He's always ready for a fight... And remember he's handy with his fists, if anyone wants to throw a jab at him.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #260
Child of the 7th Age

I'll try to get my save filled as soon as I return from work this afternoon....
Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #261
Child of the 7th Age

OK, everyone can now hop into the melee. My save is filled in and the nasty Corsairs are surging out of the barrels....
Old 11-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #262
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Some of the Corsairs have nicks and slashes from Annū's arrows and one Corsair has an arrow lodged in his thigh.

Lalwendė

Annū has just thrown a punch at your character and connected with the fellow's nose!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #263
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hey...

Ok I've printed out the pages I have missed so I can read and catch up what is going on. Then I'll post. Exams are comming near so all my time has been taken up with school work. I just need to catch up on whats going on.

Keep Safe,
Niluial
Old 11-03-2004, 11:57 PM   #264
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Question

Orofaniel -

I was trying to send you a pm but your box is full. Could you clean it out?

~Regin
Old 11-05-2004, 01:43 PM   #265
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, my post # 206 has been filled.

Best Wishes
Nilly
Old 11-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #266
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

I received a note from Rinfanawen apologizing that she has been away. Unfortunately, her schedule is full and she has asked to withdraw from the game. We are free to do with her character whatever we want to. I'll post for her over the weekend to get a battle scene in.

If anyone wants to "use" her or has a clever idea how she meets her death, let me know....

Oro - Your box is still full.

I have a feeling that everyone is stretched thin at school before their winter break.

~Regin

EDIT : Imladris, Niluial --Check your pms. Jynne has a question that's hanging. Tell me how you want to resolve this, please.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 11-05-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:40 PM   #267
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

Arry - Excellent (puts hands together in an evil fashion like Mr Burns). Annu should get ready for a fight! That won't be the first time Tarn's had his nose broken and he doesn't take a challenge lightly.

I've done a 'save' as it's a bit distracting writing right now, as the blitz is being re-enacted outside (bonfire night...) but I shall be writing of painful noses and throwing punches tomorrow.

I hope someone can take over Rinfanawen's character as the bad guys cannot be diminished in number. But I know what she means about being busy; had a week from hell last week trying to do 5 days' work in 4, 'cause I was going on strike - which kinda defeats the object. But I've been loaned one of these pocket PCs, which may well come in handy for some crafty writing...
Old 11-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #268
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Arry - Annu is now sprawling on the deck. He's made a real mess of Tarn, but Tarn has not taken it lying down - or has he? You will see...
Old 11-06-2004, 03:43 PM   #269
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalwendė

A few more rounds . . . both should be quite bloody and bruised by now (not to mention the mild concussions from the blows).

Advantage, now, to Tarn!
Old 11-06-2004, 04:10 PM   #270
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Eye

Hello everyone

I'm sorry about my absence. I've been really busy and I haven't been online at all for the last three days or so.

I'll try to catch up.

My PM box is emptied, sorry Regin.

Cheers,
Oro
Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 PM   #271
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok finally I have filled all my saves... just filled # 210. Arry it involves you, you might want to read it.

Best Wishes,
Nilly
Old 11-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #272
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Pipe

My save has been filled. (Yeah, the one in the beginning of page six.)

I've also written a new post. Tell me if anything needs to be changed.

Galhardir will hopefully manage to get himself out of this mess on his own, but you are more than welcome to help him if you like.

Thanks,
Oro
Old 11-07-2004, 11:34 AM   #273
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Arry - you've really given Tarn a pummelling there. But that knife he has, it's really disgusting, he uses it to skin kills when he's out hunting. There might be some kind of foul bacteria on there, or they may not be, but just thinking about the possibility is quite sickening.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #274
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Regin, you told me to run with Diera's death so I ran for it...hope everything is okay.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:10 AM   #275
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

My post is filled.

Lalwendė

Poor Tarn!

---

Orofaniel

Can you get/drag Annū to safety?

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-08-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #276
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Lalwende, did you want me to help Tarn out, at least to get him off the ship and help him to the shore? Or perhaps you had something else in mind?

If you'd like some help in my save, let me know. I'm going to urge all the baddies to flee that pernicious Elven ship and get away to the shore. (I do have an idea how I can get Tarn back to shore, even wounded as you are.)

~Regin
Old 11-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #277
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

Regin - that sounds good, I think he'll definitely need some help there! Being ripped apart by a bird of prey - what a horrible thing to happen. I think the bird may have ripped off the top of his ear in its frenzy. I would have described the attack, but it would make more sense to kind of have him hanging over the railings, or tangled in the rigging, bleeding profusely and semi-conscious, and needing the help of Marreth and the Corsairs. Should be plenty to go on there.

Don't worry though, he'll bounce back...

By the way, for Arry and Pio - Cheers! I've enjoyed that!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #278
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Lalwendė

If you want to write a post about the attack - go ahead.

I can just slot it in for you at the end of mine . . .
Old 11-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #279
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

Cheers, Pio! It would be good to round it all off, and it also leaves Regin with somewhere to go from to rescue Tarn.

Here's my post!

Post by Lalwende for Pio to post.

Lalwendė's post

As if the pain in his chest were not bad enough, a sudden searing pain gripped Tarn’s head and he couldn’t help but let out a loud groan. He put his hands up to the top of his head, to find his hair matted with fresh blood. Clumps of hair and skin fell away in his fingers. But what was the shrieking noise? He thought he was going mad, or that maybe he had died and was meeting some kind of dark devil. He opened his eyes and looked up, just in time to see the blur of wings and claws swooping down at him for another attack.

Putting his head down just in time, he attempted to cover it with his hands, to protect it from another attack. But this thing was relentless. It wanted to hurt him. Whatever he did to cover his head, it was determined.

He felt a surge of pain at the side of his head and fell sideways. Looking up, he saw a Merlin with a piece of his ear in its beak, and he almost fainted. Covering his eyes with one hand, he lashed out wildly with the other. He hit nothing but air, the bird was too swift for his confused, half-conscious flailing. Staggering to his feet, almost falling back down again, he lurched towards the side of the ship, blinded by madness and fear.

Ripped apart, with a broken nose and ribs, missing part of his ear and bleeding profusely, Tarn collapsed over the railing at the very edge of the deck. His arm caught in the rigging and prevented his half conscious body from falling into the icy waters. As he hung there, the ship tossed about on the waves and a plume of spray splashed his face, waking him from his nightmare. He opened his eyes and heard the voice of Marreth, urging the other men to escape.

--------------------

POST PLACED AT THE END OF MY LAST RPG POST ~*~ PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-08-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #280
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

1420!

I got the Corsairs and Tarn off the ship. I did leave an empty post for anyone who needs to finish up...

~Regin