Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #121
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree Eldin's death

"Well! We're all here! Let's get started! There's nothing on this side, so let's cross the bridge and see what we find" Arathorn said, getting up and starting to walk. The others followed. As they approached the bridge, Eldin looked back for a second, sencing something. However, he quickly ignored it and continued. Crossing the bridge was a little difficult. There were many holes in it, and it wasn't very strong. It was a long drop to the bottom, and the group wasnt' fond on jumped into brown, dirty rapid water. So, they slowly crossed the bridge, and made it to the other side.

On the other side, there were many rooms, all going into different directions. At the end of the hall, there were two large wooden doors. Arathorn took one glace at them and said, "Well, we know where to start!" They slowly walked over to the doors and looked up at them. They were big enough to fit a family of eagles. Taking a deep breath, Arathorn slammed on the door, and it slowly opened. Inside, there were a bright light, which revealed treasure greater than that of Smaug's. But that wasn't what concerned Arathorn. Inside, there were orcs. Tens of thousands of orcs. The entire fellowship was quite. No one moved. Then, one orc looked at the doorway, and screamed "Intruders! Get them!"

Suddenly, a vast army of orcs began running out of the bright hallway at them. They didn't have time to breath. Immediatly, they began running for the bridge. Although they had a head start, the orcs were getting closer. "I told you this was bad!" Owacyn said, running for his life. Arathorn didn't have time to react, as he was trying to cross the broken bridge as fast as he could. Once everyone had crossed, Arathorn went back to the other side, kicked very hardly at the beginning of the bridge, and it collapsed, leaving only half the bridge left. The orcs couldn't cross.

Several orcs tried to jump, but then landed in the water. Learning from the experience, the other orcs could do nothing but yell at the travelers. "The stairs!" Elladan said, running to them. But something was wrong. Suddenly, Eldin realized why he had looked. He had smelled something. Orc. A bright light was moving slowly down the stairs, all the time screaming in the Black Speech. "We're trapped!" Hanindur said, running back twords the bridge. "Orcs are everywhere! There's no where to go!" Elrohir said. "There is one option!" Arathorn said, looking at the bridge. "We jump!" "Your crazy!" Paladir said, looking at the orcs on the stairs, who were getting closer by the second. "We have no other option!" Elladan said, running to the bridge. Then, he found a large hole, climbed down so he was hanging on, and let go. In an instant, Elladan had fallen into the roaring rapids of the canal. Realizing the only option, Elrohir followed his brother and jumped. After that, Owacyn, Paladir and Hanindur jumped. Leaving only Arathorn and Eldin.

"Let's go!" Arathorn said, grabbign Eldin and running to the bridge. "You first!" Arathorn said to Eldin. Eldin shook his head, and told Arathorn to go. Without wasting a moment, Arathorn jumped down the hole, into the canal, leaving Eldin. By the time, Eldin started for the canal, the orcs from the stairs had already reached the ground and were running twords Eldin. Then, just as Eldin jumped over the hole, about to fall in, a orc archer cocked his bow, and fired. Eldin never even reached the canal. His lifeless corps lay of the bridge, and the orcs took it. Eldin was gone.

Rushing through the canal, Arathorn tried to hold his breath as he was pulled down by the current. Underwater, he could see the others in front of him, but the current was too rough to look back. After several minutes, Arathorn ran out of air, and began to drown. Fortunatly for him, 10 feet ahead was a waterfall. It flung Arathorn, and the rest into a lake in the middle of a tall, large room. Emerging from the surface, Arathorn gasped for air, and got back onto land. There he found the others, all gasping for breath. Everyone, except Eldin. Looking around the large, dark room, Arathorn laid down on his back and said, "We are safe here...for now"
Old 07-28-2004, 04:44 PM   #122
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
It was dark there-- there was little light to change the bleak gloomyness of the place. Gasping for air, Hanindur pulled his fingers through his haid to get it out of his eyes. "I knew I had a bad feeling about this!" he muttered, looking around. As Arathorn had said, they were safe for now. Leaning backwards to catch his breath, something, or a lack of something drew his attention. He cursed, realizing that the water's push had washed his dagger away. "Well, that's handy," he added to his prevous statement, standing up-- getting to his feet easy enough, though the water dripping off of his soaked clothing gave an added challenge.

On his feet, and having regained his breath, Hanindur looked around some more. The room was large, empty, and quiet, save the breathing of the surviving men and elves. There was no daylight really to be seen-- an evil place it was. He had the feeling that he wasn't going to see daylight again, either. The darkness was foreboding in feel, and he didn't like it in the least.

A quick count of the others revealed what he had been certain of-- Eldin was also gone. Yet another that will be mourned, he thought, bowing his head a moment.

But there was no time to worry over the loss of yet another member. There was still the ever present danger to worry over, even if they seemed safe at the moment.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:53 PM   #123
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Elrohir wrung the dirty water out of his tunic, trying to keep from thinking too much about Eldin, whose death marked the end of all the elves in the group, save Elrohir and his brother.

He checked the quiver at his side, grateful for the waterproof cover he kept over them. His bow, however, was waterlogged. Sighing, he undid the bowstring and dried it as best he could on his wet clothes.

Elladan sat silently next to him, sword drawn to dry it before rust overcame it. That made Elrohir think of his own sword, which he drew.

"Well," said Elrohir, "We now number six. We are trapped in an enemy stronghold with no visible escape, " he smiled grimly, "I always thought it would end this way,"

"What?" questioned Elladan mockingly,"You never expected to follow Ada over the sea when he goes? Live a life of luxury in Elvenhome?"

"When there are deaths to be died here?" exclaimed Elrohir.

"Not likely!" said the twins together, chuckling as Arathorn came over.

"I wish the rest of us could be as good-natured about our oncoming doom as you two," said the Dunedain, "But perhaps it is simply an elven thing"

"No," said Elrohir, "It is our thing. I'd prefer to die in battle..."

"...Than to live a boring and safe life," finished Elladan.

Last edited by Saraphim; 07-30-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:13 PM   #124
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Arathorn removed all his weapons and set them on the ground. If they rusted, they'd be useless. Ripping a piece of his tunic, Arathorn started removing the water from his sword. "Well, It's safe to say there's no exit." Elrohir siad, as he too was cleaning his weapons. "Wait a minute, remember those orcs that fell into the canal?" Hanindur said, looking around the room. "You're right! I don't see them anywhere! They must have escaped!" Elladan said, looking down at the water. "Someone check" Owacyn said, looking for a volunteer. "I got all of you into this, I'll get you out!" Arathorn said, jumping into the water. Under the water, Arathorn could see nothing but a stone bottom. All along the edge was stone. There were no cracks. "Where are they?" Arathorn thought to himself, checking the water. Then, swimming deeper, Arathorn felt two bodies. Orc bodies.

Emerging from the water, Arathorn looked at everyone with a meloncholly face. "The orcs are dead. They must have stolen treasure, as they sunk to the bottom." "Then there is no way?" Paladir said. "No, there's a way. Not a safe way, but a way. There's a purpass for this room. There must be. A giant circular room with a water source. If there's no grate for the water to exit, something must be taking it. It's not diffusion, as the rock bottom is hard. There is some secret to this place, but what it is, I do not know. Something tells me we're not alone here. Tread carefully men. I have a feeling our fighting days aren't over. "
Old 08-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #125
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

After everyone was dry and restless, Arathorn got up and said, "Well, there's an exit somewhere! Let's find it. Take torches and split up. Twins, go to the left. Paladir, Hanindur, go to the right. Owacyn, come with me" As they split up, more and more of the room became visible, although there was nothing to find. "Owacyn, there is something here. I can feel it. It's either right in front of me, or right behin-" but Arathorn stopped. He heard yells. It was comming from the right. Owacyn and Paladir had found something.

Running back to the lake, Arathorn saw something he had only heard of. Something that haunted these lands for aeons. Looking up, Arathorn saw a fell beast, and it had Paladir. Elladan and Elrohir quickly ran up to it. Fireing an arrow in the stomach of the monster, it dropped Paladir, but he was hurt badly. This would be a long, fierce, tough battle.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 AM   #126
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Elladan and his brother walked off to the left with the darkness retreating with the blurred light of the torches they held. Everything the dim light touched was dark and putrid. Somewhere water could be heard forever dripping from the barely visible ceiling creating a stagnant pool on the hard ground. They hadn't been looking for an exit, any exit, long when shouts were heard from the other side of the room. Fearing the worst Elrohir, closely followed by his brother, ran towards the sound, bows notched.

The sight they saw, neither could have imagined. Infront of them was a fearsome fell beast, such as they had never seen before apart from in the books of old. It towered above them as if mocking their size, enticing them to take it on. But that wasn't all they saw. In the great jaws of the beast was Paladir. For what seemed an age, as if frozen to the roots of the earth, they drew their bows. In the gloom it was hard to aim straight but the twins fired their bows and struck home. The beast roared, not out of pain but more out of annoyance, and dropped their friend on the ground. He was badly hurt but far from safety yet.

Elladan made a dash for Paladir who lay outsteched on the ground whilst shouting to his brother and anyone else that could hear him above the roaring of the fell beast, "Cover me!" He ran as fast as he could but with every stride he took the distance seemed to grow. Unfortunately the fell beast saw the elf before he could reach the fallen man. Despite a hail of arrows that rained down on the beast, its claw slashed towards Elladan. Elladan ducked but not quick enough, and a claw caught him accross the shoulder leaving a deep wound and knocking him sideways. Elladan was winded and despite the pain he crawled on towards Paladir whilst the others distracted the fell beast. He hurridly pulled his friend to safety, well as near as safe can be in a place such as this. Paladi was still alive thankfully and after catching his Elladan breath he pulled himself up and notched his bow again, forgetting the pain in his shoulder.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:34 AM   #127
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Sting

Phervasaion's post

Paladir, along with Hanindur walked off to the right as the group split. The place was dark and foul, and Paladir new that something was not right but he followed Arathorn’s orders and carried on walking into the darkness. As they walked forward they definitely felt a presence before them, and an evil one at that, evil and powerful. Paladir stopped, thinking he had seen something, and as he gave his eyes time to focus there was a towering dark figure in front of them, yet it remained still.

“Is… Is that a statue? Or worse?” Hanindur said, edging slowly towards the dark shape. He rose his torch up towards the shadows face and suddenly, its eyes opened and a red fire beamed from them.

“Hanindur move!!” Paladir cried as the beast raised its hand to swipe the Ranger, but Paladir charged and shoved Hanindur out of the monster’s grasp and instead Paladir himself was taken by the monster. The great being began to squeeze the life from Paladir, and its grasp was so tight that he didn’t think he was going to make it, but he kept trying to fight his way out from the monster’s hand. The beast began to loosen his grip, but, even though Paladir could now breath again, he new this was not good. It threw him into the air and then opened his wide gaping mouth, revealing long sharp teeth, as sharp as a sword, and Paladir landed right on top of them. His left leg and the lower part of his stomach were now impaled on the fell beast’s teeth and Paladir new that even if he survived this encounter with no more wounds, it would only be a matter of time before he died.

This is it, he thought, but suddenly he heard a whizzing noise, and straight away he new the noise was an Elvish bow… Elladan’s bow. The beast tossed Paladir to the side like a piece of rag, and he landed with a thud on the hard ground. At first Paladir could hardly move as his legs were totally disabled, but his upper body was still in tact and the Ranger would never give up. Elladan ran to Paladir to check if he was still alive and to his astonishment he was, he looked up and noticed a wound on Elladan’s right shoulder and yet he still continued to fight, firing arrows at the dark fiend, but all they did was bounce of his hard, scaly skin, causing no real damage.

Paladir glanced to his left and through his blurry vision he managed to count all of the remaining company, five there were, but he knew that it may not be enough, as skilled as they are, to defeat a being of this power. The injured Ranger then looked to his right and saw his sword lying on the ground. The light was reflecting off the weapon, light from the men’s torches. Paladir mustered all his strength and began to crawl, slowly but surely, to his gleaming sword. He stretched out his right arm and grasped the hilt tightly and brought the sword into his possession and as he grasped it he said to himself, “We’re not finished yet beast!” He looked down at his legs which were now covered in blood, yet he began to feel life flow through them again, and with a great struggle he started to pick himself up off the floor.

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 08-04-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:08 PM   #128
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

In anger of what had just happened, all the men charged at the fell beast, who wan on the ground for the moment. In the lead was Arathorn, his sword clasped in his hands. Approaching the Fell Beast, Arathorn aimed right above the left wing and swung. It made a small cut that ran across the wing, but it didn't remove it. Upon the attack, the Fell Beast screamed in pain, and with it's tail, wacked Arathorn across the room. Arathorn tried to get up, but the pain was too unbearable. Seeing what had happened, the other men charged faster. Just as they approached, the Fell Beast became airborn. "It's up to us for now" Elladan said, pulling a arrow out of his quiver.

Many arrows fired at the Fell Beast, but it would not come down. It was highly resisting. "Aim for the head!" Arathorn shouted from a distance. Taking his advice, Elrohir fired at the head, and brought the fell beast down. "Our turn!" Owacyn said to Hanindur, as they both ran up to the beast and confronted. Owacyn ran for the feet, grabbed his sword, and swung. Swiftly, theh Fell Beast's right leg came off. Hanindur, in the other direction, went for the tail, and with three sharp swipes, detatched it from the beast. Writhing in pain, the Fell Beast rose into the air again, flying madly across the air. "Bring it down!" Arathorn said, pointing to the Beast's eyes. Elladan and Elrohir both fired, but missed. Only one arrow hit, but it landed in the stomach, a place not likely to bring down such a beast. Suddenly, as Arathorn looked up at the men, he saw Paladir with them. He was about to do something crazy.

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 08-04-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #129
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Sting Paladir's Death

Phervasaion's post

“Hold!” Said a voice from behind the monster, and everyone turned, including the fell beast, to see Paladir limping towards the beast while using his sword as walking stick, he looked as if he was an old man but his voice was still loud and clear.

“Listen to me Demon!!” He began. “You may have injured me, but you haven’t beaten me! And even though my legs are now almost useless, I only need my arms and hands to wield my blade! And if I wield it!! Then I remain undefeated!!!” His voice began to grow even louder and stronger. “So hear me! Let us finish the fight we started!!!”

The fell beast just stared for a minute, but then a great evil smile came across his face, the smile was a smile of acceptance. He rose his hand to hit and finally kill Paladir, but to his surprise Paladir dodged his blow, and countered his attack with three heavy hit’s to the monster’s leg, and only with the third did Paladir manage pierce his skin. The beast backed away but came back with full force, and the battle between Paladir and the Fell Beast went on for some time, with Paladir amazingly dodging his swings and then coming back with heavy blows. But, it was only a matter of time until Paladir faltered, his legs gave way and he was flung to the other side of the room where the fell beast planned to finish him. With three large stomping strides the beast reached Paladir and raised his hand, but the Ranger was still not finished as he jumped to his feet and drove his sword through the monster’s neck. It swayed slightly, and with a crash he fell against the wall, creating a large whole and an escape for the company. The fight was finally over.

“Now… now you can escape,” said Paladir, pointing to the huge hole in the wall. “The way is open,” his voice became weaker and quieter. The men and the remaining Elf brother’s ran over but there was nothing they could do for Paladir now. Blood was seeping from his wounds, and Paladir was too weak to carry on. The injured Ranger fell to his knees and took his last breath.

“At least… I’m going to a better place, Hanindur.” Paladir gave a weak smile and then fell to the ground,
Old 08-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #130
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Owacyn winced as he saw Paladir go limp, a tear escaped from his eyes, but he swiftly wiped it, trying his hardest to make it look like it was to get rid of dust. Drawing his sword slowly his thoughts strayed to Gondor and his wife and unborn child. Slowly and painfully he snapped them back to the present. Arathorn rested an arm on his shoulder. "Owacyn, there will be a time to grieve, but the time is not now...we must get through this, we have to, for the sakes of our children, and for children to come we must survive." Owacyn looked at Arathorn and tried to give a smile, but it came out as a twisted smile with a nervous twitch at the side.

Elladan and Elrohir joined them looking up the stairs. Hanindur slowly joined them as well. Owacyn looked around the company. Nine reduced to five in what seemed like hardly any time at all. Hanindur slowly and quietly said "We should commit Paladir to the waters, not just leave him here to rot in this hole."
Old 08-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #131
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

"We cannot linger! There will be a time to bury the dead, but it is not now. Every second we wait, more orcs will prepare. We must go!" Arathorn said to Owacyn, running through the hole. A small stair went down into the depths, which the men followed. Beyond that was a small tunnel reaching beyond the darkness. "It seems we've found a secret tunnel of some king! This must be how they built it. Using these tunnels. They must lead to an exit! Let's go!" Arathorn said, running into darkness. "Is there no other way?" Elladan said. "The air smells foul" "We have two choices! We can either take the tunnel and stand a chance to escape, or we can stay in the tunnel and wait for them to find us." Arathorn said, grabbing his sword as he ran.

For what seemed like hours they ran through the darkness without sing of an exit. The tunnel and Paladir's body were now far out of sight, and the world seemed like pure darkness. The men couldn't even see where they were going, as their torches were put out by a leak in the tunnel a while back. "Now I know what it feels like in the void!" Elrohir said. "It truly is a punishment worthy of someone like Morgoth." Elladan said. For the next half hour, they ran, until they began slowing down. "This is useless, Arathorn! I'd rather be back in the tunnel, than lost and dead here. There's even a chance we're running back in the wrong direction!" Owacyn said, giving Arathorn a hard look. "Just a bit more" Arathorn said, though his mind was slowly agreeing with Owacyn.

An hour later, they saw light. It was beautiful. A beacon of hope. It gave hope to them. At the end of the tunnel, there was a ten foot drop into a bright, large room. With the exception for a large stair running up, the room seemed empty "This is our exit! Surely! " Hanindur said, jumping out of the tunnel. "Freedom" Arathorn said. "Look!" Elrohir said, running up a crack in the floor. Elrohir quickly broke the floor, revealing an enormous stash of weapons. "This must be a hidden armoury!" "Let's get some weapons and get out of here!" Arathorn said, grabbing beautifully crafted swords. After gathering a large amount of weapons, the men went up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs was a large dining room. Four long tables stretched hundreds of feet across the room. On each side of the room was an open exit. One, it seemed, went to a lounge. The other, went to the main hall. "We're saved!" the men said, running out to the hall. "Not yet!" Arathorn said, for guarding the large wooden doors were a small group of orcs. "Them the ones that got us at the bridge! Kill em!"
Old 08-05-2004, 08:23 PM   #132
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

The sight of the orcs made Hanindur furious. He was already stuck hard enough by Paladir's death-- the death he had died in order to save him, and now just the idea of the creatures of the enemies who had caused all of those deaths caused a flame within him to light up. He was yet tired-- exhaustion showed on all of thier faces, though perhaps more distant with the elves that remained, but the thought of those orcs drew all feeling of tiredness away.

The light that signified some level of hope for them glistened on his blade as he drew it-- the small amount of orcs that had attacked them at the bridge noticed him there. Hanindur dashed at them, a blind attack from his anger, and frusteration at the seeming lack of things they could do. Only five of them now remained-- himself, Arathorn, Owacyn, and the two sons of Elrond. Whether that would be all that would remain after this, Hanindur did not know. All he knew was that if he was going to die then, he would die in battle.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:29 AM   #133
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

As Elladan emerged from the tunnel he felt the heavy grim darkness fly from him that had been weighing him down for so long. He felt a great sense of relief as they entered a dimly lit room. But as soon as it had left was the feeling renewed as orcs guarded the heavy doors.

Instinct took over as he drew his bow, his arrows had now become few as their company had done. But arrows, no matter how few can still accomplish great things. That was what he thought as he fired an arrow at an orc charging their way. Hanindur had drawn his sword and was charging with fury at the orcs, the death of their companions weighing heavily on his mind. Without being told the rest of the company followed suit, they had accomplished greater deeds than killing these few orcs.

The pain in his shoulder was immense as Elladan parried with and orc for what seemed like an age before finally over coming it and slicing of its head in one swing. Every time an orc fell it grew harder to continue to fight, for every man and elf that had been through so much yet knew there was more to come. After dispatching another orc to join the ranks of the dead, Elladan whirled around to check all were still alive when a light coming from his stairs caught and held his eye. "Orcs!" he shouted, "from the stair, we must get out of here...quickly!"

With new found strength they faught on, faught on for their lives.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #134
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

"Quick men! We must find things to baracade the hole! Owacyn, you stay outside and start piecing them together! Hanindur, come with me! Elladan! Elrohir! Keep them busy!" Arathorn shouted, running into the dining hall. "Ay!" Elrohir said, firing arrows at the first wave of orcs comming up the stairs. The twins could sustain them, but by the end of the day, they won't hold out. "Quickly!" Hanindur said. "Wood from the chairs!" Arathorn said, grabbing two chairs and running back ot Owacyn. "Break these are start filling the whole. When it's complete, yell, and we'll get out of here!" Arathorn said, throwing two chairs to Owacyn, who slammed them against the doors and took the wood. After several minutes, the chairs were all gone, but the hole was still wide. "It's gonna take a miracle to get outta here alive!" Owacyn said, making the hole smaller. What he didn't know is that there would be a miracle. However, it wouldn't be for the men.

"The orcs are gone for now" Elladan said, running into the Dining Hall. "Good, now help me break this table apart!" Hanindur said, hitting it several times with his sword. in a few moments, the table was cut into carrysize pieces. "To Owacyn!" Arathorn said, ushering them out of the room. "More orcs!" Elrohir shouted, firing more arrows. After a few moments, Arathorn was shocked when Elrohir said, "I'm out of ammo!" Without a moments hesitation, Arathorn drew his sword and jumped in to fight. Four, Five, Six, and Seven. "That's the last of them, for now! Elrohir, I need you! Help me with this cauldron" Arathorn said, pointing to a large cauldron place right above an unlit fireplace. Together, they dragged it to the stairs, and threw it. "That will stop them! Owacyn, hows the hole?" Arathorn said, running back to the entrance. "Just a few more patches and we're outta here!" "We're almost home" Arathorn said to himself. "We're almost home"
Old 08-08-2004, 06:31 PM   #135
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

"We're ready!" Owacyn said, sitting down next to the wall to take a break. "Alright, we're coming out!" Arathorn said, crawling through a small hole in the wood wall. "Come on brother!" Elladan said. "Goodbye Angmar" Elrohir said, exiting the fortress. "Time to patch the last bits up!" Owacyn said, applying the last bits of wood.

In a few moments, the entire entrance was sealed. "Well, time to head home" Hanindur said. "We could really use those horses right about now" Arathorn thought to himself. He got his wish. Suddenly, two orcs on horses rode down a hill towards the men.

"Get them! Don't shoot the horses!" Owacyn shouted, as the twins both fired arrows, killing the orcs. "Well, we've got horses, but there's only two. Who's gonna get them" Owacyn said. Just then, there was a bang on the wooden door.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-08-2004 at 06:40 PM. Reason: broken into paragraphs
Old 08-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #136
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Suddenly, the wooden wall shattered, flinging wood everywhere. In fear, the horses ran.

"Get the horses twins! Behind the door, over a thousand orcs stood, waiting to attack. "This is the end" Owacyn and Hanindur said.

"Or the beginning" Arathorn said. "Goodbye friends" Arathorn said.

And after that statement, the fellowship was destroyed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-09-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:43 AM   #137
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hanindur just stared as the wall shattered. It took a moment for him to realize, and understand why it had just broken. "One thousand orcs," he breathed out, in a deaded shock. As the wall shattered, the two horses that they had found bolted, in terror. In the back of his mind, Hanindur understood that the two horses would be needed by the twins. "This is the end," he said, at the same time as Owacyn.

"Or the beginning," Arathorn said. "Goodbye, friend."

And after that, all was thrown to pieces as the thousand orcs attacked. Hanindur had the strangest feeling then, that none of them were going to survive this, unless there was a miracle. And over the last while they had been in short supply of miracles. At least when I die, I'll die with honor. Hanindur thought, as all thoughts of the past were drove from his mind, and he found himself battling the present.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:17 PM   #138
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

"Arathorn! Hanindur! Owacyn! We won't leave you!" Suddenly, Elladan and Elrohir came charging on horseback. "Don't! We're lost! Save yourself!" Arathorn said, ushering them away. "No!"

"Take this!" Arathorn said, throwing a sealed letter to Elladan. "Give it to Elrond. He will understand. We are no longer important! You must go! That letter is all that matters now! The future of all middle earth depends on it! Leave now! Let us die in peace and honor. There is no hope for us! The shadow has falled. A new chieftan will arise! Go, and stay your sword! You must deliver that letter!"

And, reluctantly, Elladan and Elrohir stopped their charge, and watched in horor.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:57 AM   #139
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

"Take this!" Arathorn said, throwing a sealed letter to Elladan. "Give it to Elrond. He will understand. We are no longer important! You must go! That letter is all that matters now! The future of all middle earth depends on it! Leave now! Let us die in peace and honor. There is no hope for us! The shadow has falled. A new chieftan will arise! Go, and stay your sword! You must deliver that letter!"

Orcs were pouring out of the entrance, a never-ending flow of unstoppable water. Elladan could not find the words to speak yet watched in horror as the orcs broke upon his friends. He watched with a dumbfounded expression as tide upon tide of orcs came gushing forth.

Two horses for the two survivors, yet another coincidence in the string of them which had followed the company since they left Rivendell. Yet that seemed an age ago to Elladan as his mind wondered to all things that had happened and all those that were lost, who now tread the halls of the dead. Unlike them the brother’s bodies still remained in the land of the living and in that land there was still danger.

Elladan held tight to the letter Arathorn had given him. He turned once more to the halls of Angmar, where once they and entered with hope yet exited with fear. His eyes searched for his friends once more but not even his elven sight could see them in the midst of a thousand orcs. Every time he saw a sword flash, he hoped it was companion yet as time wore on he found it harder to believe. The orcs were getting closer yet still Elladan could not move hoping that somehow the company would come forth. “Elladan! We must hurry….forget this place…now!” he heard is brother shout but the elf didn’t move until a sharp thud on his arm brought him back to reality. The elf’s eyes swam as he turned his horse and made off for home, for safety.

They had been fortunate, the only two of the twelve that had once set out on that ill-fated summer morning. They will never be forgotten, their names will live on for all eternity where time cannot touch them nor enemies slay them. Their story will be told for generations to come, Elladan would make sure of that. He looked at Elrohir and knew at once the same thoughts were running through his head as well. “Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath (May they find peace after death). Farewell my friends, my brothers.”

Last edited by astarielle; 08-10-2004 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #140
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Owacyn looked around and parried another stroke, reposting and piercing the orcs body, pulling hiw sword out he swung it around and beheaded another. He saw Elladan and Elrohir and smiled, they had been good freinds for many years, but he had hoped that he could have ended the friendship another way. Looking around he saw Arathorn shove his blade through an orc's throat, Owacyn spun around and hacked another orc to the ground. An arrow flashed out of the darkness and smashed into his left arm, just above the elbow, it tore through and punctured the other side. Owacyn let out a scream of pain and took his left hand off his sword, it was useless now. Wielding his sword one handed he spun it deftly in his hand and pushed it through another orc's sternum, wrenching it free in time to thrust it backwards into an orc's belly. He felt a blade push into his back, but it didn't go deep. Crying out he turned and brought his sword down with all his strength, the orc fell back, its skull cloven cleanly in two.

Owacyn looked to Hanindur, and watched him slay orc after orc as they came at him. Spitting blood, Owacyn took up a defensive stance and pulled his shield off his back with his left arm, the pain was excruciating, but it at least gave him some defence. Pushing aside an orc's slash with his shield he slashed its throat and it fell back, gurgling, pinning a smaller orc underneath it. A blade sliced across his abdomen, leaving a large cut, but not damaging any organs, Owacyn was losing blood fast now. He knew he would die, no medicine, elvish or otherwise, could be administered in time now...

Owacyn fell to one knee, still slashing calculatedly at the orcs approaching him. Thirteen more fell under his blade, until with all his strength, he stood up shouting a warcry, winging his sword around in a large defensive circle it took the lives of another three unlucky orcs. Another arrow came from the back, slamming into his right chest, just below the nipple, puncturing a lung. Blood now seeped continually from Owacyn's mouth, and every mouthful he spat out drained his strength more. Screaming hate he walked slowly forward slashing wildly, and clearing a large perimeter around him, where orcs were hesitant to enter. Smiling, he dropped his shield and took his sword in both hands and lifted it up, blade high, so that the hilt was in front of his face. He closed his eyes slowly anda great sense of peace came over him.

On the blank backs of his closed eyelids he saw Minas Tirith, the White City, in all its glory, with the sun reflecting off the white stones. He was running towards it, and looking up he could see his wife and child on the battlements, she held the baby up high and it gurgled happiness. A small tear fell from his eye and trickled down his cheek. Arathorn turned round just as this happened "OWACYN!" he cried, but to Owacyn the voice was strangely distant. He reached the battlements and began to climb the stone wall, ever closer to the top. The orcs around him murmured, and started to move closer. Owacyn heard them, but like Arathorn's voice, he felt it didn't really matter.

Reaching the top of the battlements he saw his wife only a few paces away, another tear trickled out of his eye. He would never see his child, not for real, or his wife, ever again. He looked at the child in her arms, it was a boy. "Seon," he whispered. Arrathorn and Hanindur heard his say this. "Seon," he said again, a little louder. Arathorn and Hanindur were no longer there to him. He felt the orc's sword enter his back, peircing his heart, but it didn't hurt so much. He felt his body contort as he fell backwards, and he felt the cold stone as his head smacked the floor. With a last gasp of air he murmured again, through his dead lips, "Seon."
Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #141
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Watching Elladan and Elrohir ride away, tears fell down Arathorn's cheeks. "Goodbye son" Arathorn said, drawing his sword and turning the other way. There was silence. Then, Arathorn, Owacyn, and Hanindur screamed, and charged the enemy. Arathorn quickly reacted and struck down two orcs in one shot. Once their heads were chopped off, Arathorn began parrying three attacks, before striking down another two. "For Aragorn!" Arathorn said, slicing orcs by the dozen. Suddenly, a obese orc jumped on Arathorn from behind and brought him to the ground. He was pinned. Then, giving all of his energy, Arathorn forced him off and crashed him into six other orcs.

Looking to his left, Arathorn saw Owacyn loosing blood. "Owacyn, I'm com-" but Arathorn was stopped by two more orcs jumping on him. "Not Today!" Arathorn said, knocking them off. The orcs hit them like a rock under the falls of Rauros. The pain was excrutiating. "Gilraen!" Arathorn shouted, diving at a handful of orcs, killing them all.

"There's no end!" Arathorn said, attacking the orcs in the area. Suddenly, Arathorn heard the sound of arrows being fired. Looking to his left, Arathorn saw two arrows hit Owacyn. "Owacyn!" Arathorn cried, but he knew the worst had happened. "No!" Arathorn shouted, running to Owacyn. "Seon" Owacyn said softly, and closed his eyes. "No!" Arathorn shouted, stabbing the orc that killed Owacyn ten times in the face. "Not Owacyn!"

A new rage had filled Arathorn. He could no longer feel pain. All energy was focused on battle. The loss of his best friend brought forth so much adrenalen, Arathorn almost thought he saw his sword glow. Running through a small layer of orcs, Arathorn killed twenty at a time. They would pay. Suddenly, Arathorn heard two more arrows. This time, they were for Hanindur. One arrow pierced his hip, the other, his skull. Hanindur didn't get to even udder a final word. "No! Not you too!" Arathorn shouted, crying the entire time. It was just him now. "By the power of my fathers, I will stop you!" Arathorn shouted, getting up and charging again.

Although the rage was just as strong, if not strong, Arathorn felt his strength waining. But it didn't stop him. By the time Arathorn stopped to take a breath, he had killed over seventy orcs. Then, he felt it. An arrow shot through his right calf. Arathorn fell to the ground apruptly, kneeling. Although helpless, the orcs didn't attack. "He's mine!" "No! Mine!" the orcs argued, fighting over who would give the final blow. "He's mine!" said a large, black orc. His muscles were bulging ten times that of a normal orc.

The orc began to laugh. And subsequently, the others followed his example. Arathorn tried to lift his sword, but he didn't have enough strength. He knew his time had come. Then, Arathorn began to laugh. "What are you laughing about, puny human?" the large orc said. "I'm laughing because every one of you will die. Your lord will be destoryed. This land will be obliterated. Your kind will be extinct. My son will bring about a new order!" The orcs stopped laughing. Even the large one. "No..." the orc said, "Our lord will never die" Arathorn gave a smirk, which really angered the large orc. He drew a bow and arrow, and aimed at Arathorn's eye.

"Make me proud son"

Many days later

"We did it brother!" Elrohir said to Elladan, staggering into Rivendell. "This will give father a laugh" Elladan said, coughing. Elrond rushed to the entrance to greet them. "What has happened? Where are the elves and men? Where is Arathorn?" Elrond said, with a frightened face. Elladan and Elrohir both closed their eyes, gave a sigh, and opened them. "They all fell. We should be there with them, but Arathorn wouldn't let us. We traveled to Angmar. It was horrible. Along the way, we lost all but Arathorn, Owacyn, Hanindur, Eldin, and Paladir. By the time we escaped, Eldin and Paladir had fallen. We were surrounded by orcs, but Arathorn sent us here with the only horses that survived. He said we should give you this" Elladan said, revealing a letter to Elrond. "He said it was more important than anything." Elrohir said. "Thank you" Elrond said, walking away.

Back at his study, Elrond opened the letter.

Dear Elrond,

If you have this letter, you know what has happened. I do not wish that I could tell you, so long as you can read this. We have lost almost everyone. It's all crumbling apart. This was, as I feared, my last adventure on the face of Middle-Earth. However, my life is no longer important. If I die, I have a favor to ask you. By the time Gilraen finds out of my death, she will be heavily burdened by greif. She needs to be able to take care of Aragorn. I can sense something about the boy. I sense he will be the last Cheiftan, and bring about a change in the world. By the end, I feel he will bring about a new order. This is why I must ask you this: Bring Aragorn and Gilraen to Rivendell. Keep his identity a secret. When he is ready, he will accept his lineage. I feel so strongly about him that I feel he will bring forth a new age. A fourth age. An age of peace and prosperity. Please understand my request. Tell Gilraen I love her very much, and will always think of her. The halls of my fathers are calling me. I can slowly hear them. It is time. Tell them I love them very much. It is my final request. Please understand...

Arathorn

~*~ THE END ~*~
Old 08-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #142
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~