Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #201
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

We're gonna break in today. Get those swords ready, because Angmar is going down

This is my 1300th post! Wowzers!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 07-24-2004, 10:36 AM   #202
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Woo...I'm back from Scotland!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #203
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Scotland? Nice. Personally, I like Ireland better, but that's probably because I'm Irish. Anyways, yeah, now that you're back, get some posts in. They can be about basically anything between finding Angmar, looking inside, and going down a long stair. The elf's have gone down too, because they want adventure also, but the men haven't found them yet. The stairs are very long, so don't rush yourself Welcome back Hama!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 07-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #204
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

PwtP Alert!

Hama, I read your post, and my PwtP (problem with the post) alarm went off. Firstly, Arathorn is carrying a torch, so there is light to see close to you, but not enough to see the entire place. You could use a torch if you wanted, but it's not necessary. In fact, it could blow our cover. Second, the elves are being careful by staying behind so as not to be noticed, so Elrohir can't poke you. Thirdly, the arrow attack? Is that suppost to be Elrohir making fun of him, or do you thing there actually is an orc firing, because until we reach the bottom, we go un-noticed; and Elrohir wouldn't shoot a companion! So, fix the poking and the arrow. They don't find us, we find them Sorry about that, but we have to stick to the guidelines.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:56 AM   #205
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

K...
Old 07-25-2004, 04:05 AM   #206
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
*is back* I came to the conclusion when i was walking that the fellowship couldn't have walked all that way with a full 80 litre rucksack. Anyway, i'm back and enjoyed myself despite not having access to computers.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:43 AM   #207
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

lol Welcome back!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #208
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree 1,400th post!!!

Hama, thanks for the edit. Astarielle nice post. If the people who can can get a post in, we can get to the fighting so, we're still going down into the Dungeons of Carn Dum, where much evil awaits. You'll soon find that light won't stop them. It didn't stop them with the horses. Bum Bum Bumm *wacky foreshadowing*

Edit: This is my 1,400th post! Wow! That was fast! Woah!
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 AM   #209
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

*Collapses into computer chair in exhaustion* I'm back too. And despite my three weeks on the road, I'm ready to attack Angmar!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:48 AM   #210
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

if you hadn't guessed i like describing places like that! Can you just clarify this please; in the plan for Angmar we had the Elves going up, now they're going down....how will this affect the plan?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:00 AM   #211
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree They're all comming back ;)

Welcome back Saraphim! I'm glad now that you're getting back to LRotH! astarielle, the orginal plan was for the men to search the dungeons, where all the excitment was, and the elves to search the towers, where the isn't any excitement. Since the elves wanted adventure, they went back down. When the men find trouble and go running up, they'll bump into the elves. They'll be angry, but will sympothize!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:07 PM   #212
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Saraphim, astarielle, ArwenBaggins, Hama, Phervasaion, and Eowyn: The battle will soon start. Tomorrow, it will happen. The first person to go will be Will Witfoot's character, Eldin. I have a death in mind. Here's a hint. The canal was foreshadowing Anyways, after that, since we need to get going, there is a death order. Phervasaion, unless you want your character to live, your character will die after Eldin. You can deside your death based on the events happening. Saraphim and Astarielle, you are immune to death, as you must survive. However, that doesn't mean you can't get scratched Hama and Eowyn, your characters will die with Arathorn, in a heroic post. The way your death posts will work is: The first part is us getting out and being surrounded. Then, I'll insert your death posts into mine, and then Arathorn will do his death. After that, the post will be about Elladan and Elrohir returning to Elrond, giving him a letter from Arathorn that I will give them. After the letter, the game is over. If anyone doesn't read the thread before your death, I will kill you. Just in case you don't check, I'll be Pm-ing all of you about this. Just getting ready for the end

- Perky
Old 07-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #213
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Today, we find them and, also today, Eldin dies. Very sad, but true. Leaving only two elves left. After I post, you'll be able to tell what you can post about.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #214
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

K, if poss can i put my own death post up? I have some cool tearjerkers ready for it...
Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #215
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Ok, then we'll follow the same plan as before: We'll get surrounded. You post your death. Eowyn does Hanindur's death, then I do my death and end the game.

Edit: This is my 1,500th post! Wow!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #216
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Well, Eldin is dead. We've escaped down a canal, down a waterfall, into a giant dome like room. The lighting is in the center, where the lake is, and where we are. For now, we're going to rest, and Arathorn will do some plot work. Then, we will find a big secret. Here's a hint: Big rooms for big things
Old 07-28-2004, 04:26 PM   #217
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Great, I get to do a dramatic death segment-- sorry about not being here-- how was I suppose to know that I would have limited computer time while my mom was at camp?! Sigh... I'll get a post up though, and try to catch up again... sigh.

You asked earlier what happened to my old avatar: well, due to confusion as to what I looked like, I changed it to one of me, actually. I'll be changing it back to an Eowyn with lightsaber one soon, however.

Off to post-- never thought I'd have to kill Hanindur-- *cries*

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 07-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #218
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

It's ok! Welcome back! BTW, nice avatar! Maybe you should change your name to Dernhelm Skywalker
Old 07-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #219
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Ok, I got my post up. I tried not to make the twins too happy so soon after Eldin's death, but I may have failed there.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the last battle!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:23 PM   #220
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Last Battle? No, the journey doesn't end there We've got a lot more in store! Anyways, on the 1'st, we wake it up! That's where your character dies, Phervasaion! On the fifth, we find more orcs and are surrounded, and we escape. Then, on the ninth, FINAL POSTS MUST BE POSTED!!!!!!! On the 8th, I'll do the setup, then the twins will write posts looking at us and running back to Rivendell, Hanindur and Owacyn will both die, and Arathorn will die. On the 10, the last day, I will write the final post and end the game! It's almost over, but that doesn't mean we still can't have fun! Let's get some good posts in, people!
Old 07-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #221
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Saraphim, also a quick reminder! There's actually 6 of us, not 5. Arathorn, Owacyn, Hanindur, Paladir, Elladan, and Elrohir! Phervasaion has been hiding, but is still here!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:30 PM   #222
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
I'm not going to be here on the 9th-- Hanindur will have to die after I get home from church on the 8th... heh. So brutal, I am!

Dernhelm Skywalker? Not as catchy, plus we can't change our names, remember? Maybe Darth Dernhelm, snrk. No, Eowyn Skywalker I be forever more! *snickers*

This isn't the last battle? Heh... well, not EXACTLY... not for you, Serephim, your character LIVES!

-Eowyn Skywalker
Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 AM   #223
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Ok Eowyn. On the 8th, I'll set it up. You can die then, Hama can die on the ninth. Saraphim and astarielle, you write your posts looking at the three men on the ninth. I end it on the tenth!

BTW, Dernhelm Solo
Old 07-30-2004, 11:36 AM   #224
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

OK, I edited my post. Sorry about that, Perky.

It seems I was more than confused about that, and I'm glad to hear that there are more battles.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #225
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

It's ok. It's like I always say: There's three kinds of people in this world: People who can count, and people you can't!

And yes, there are about 3 more battles!
Old 07-31-2004, 06:15 AM   #226
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

"Houston we have a problem" I'm away on the 8th...i may be back in time to put a post up on the 9th, if not it is it okay if i do one early on the 10th (early as in GMT - early).
Old 07-31-2004, 11:07 AM   #227
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

yeah, so long as you get one in.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #228
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

On the 1st, we discover the Fell Beast. Phervasaion hasn't logged on since the 21st, but I'm going to give him some grace. If he doesn't post by the 3rd, I'll have to kill him off myself. Just a quick note for fighting the Fell Beast:
  • Don't kill the Fell Beast. I have it set up so Phervasaion has a heroic death
  • No one hit kills, elves Fell Beast are strong. A couple of arrows won't kill it
  • The only safe place is the water. Other than the lake, we are vounerable
  • You can get hurt by a Fell Beast without dying. For example: Owacyn can charge at the Fell Beast, but get captured. Then, Elladan fires an arrow, which makes the Fell Beast release him, dropping him into the water. That is just an example
  • Last Rule: Have fun!

1,600 posts today! Only 400 to go
Old 08-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #229
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

change of plan, i'm not going away after all. YAY! =D
Old 08-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #230
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Yay Sorry, I couldn't help it. Anyways, today, I'll write the post where we find the fell beast, the fighting with the fell beast will be over by the third, and we'll be fighting more orcs by the fifth. Any questions? No? Then move out!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #231
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Well, I didn't have time for much fighting, I'll save it for later. But the fell beast is yours for the taking! What are you waiting for? Get posting
Old 08-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #232
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Dont kill Paladir just yet!! im gonna do that myself, and once again please accept appologies for not posting but im definately gonna put up a final one.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:13 AM   #233
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Ok. Make sure you check your pms! I replied to you important information!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #234
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
My post is almost finished now, i just need to sort out the ending, so if any of you want to post about the battle with the fell beast then get typing quickly!

The battle with the fell beast will be my 300th post!! I'll catch up with you soon Perky .
Old 08-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #235
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Phervasaion, check your Pms concerning Bushido
Old 08-04-2004, 10:13 AM   #236
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Today is your last day to get in a fight scene with the Fell beast!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #237
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

The fell beast is dead. There's not a large hole in the wall. That is our exit. I suggest we use it post haste. I'll set up our second to last battle tomorrow. Then we can get cracking. If you wanted to put in more about the fell beast, you can post "flashback posts", in which you remember the fighting you did.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #238
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

There's a small group of orcs guarding our entrance. Make them pay!

Mwa ha ha ah! MWA HA HA (Gasp) (choke) (wheeze) I'm ok
Old 08-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #239
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Eowyn, you didn't have to stop there. You could have gone through all the way and killed them off. They die tomorrow. If anyone wants to kill them off, be my guest. But make sure whoever does it, they write that they see the torches of orcs from the stairs. It's important quick forshadowing!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #240
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

astarielle, good job killing them off. Now, here's what's gonna happen. I'm going to write a post about Arathorn, Owacyn and Hanindur finding things to block the entrance. The two elves will fire arrows at waves of orcs running up the stairs. By the 8th, we're out, and we'll set up the climactic end. Start working on your final post now. Trust me. Also, it probably doesn't help, but I made a little map of Carn Dum here:

Let me know if it helps!