Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please remember players need to have read through The Red Book and posted in the Shire or Rohan Inn - which they can do before they post on the game's discussion thread.

So - you will need to tell them that . . .OK?!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #42
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

Red Book, check, Shire/Rohan Inn, Check, Players, Check! I'm off! I'm sure we can recruit six people by Monday! I'm off!

Also, if there really is no one interested, is there a chance we might play 2 characters?
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 03-27-2004 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Had a thought!
Old 03-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #43
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
The Eye

Thanks for the PM, Pio.

Hi Himaran! This looks like a neat game. I would like to apply for Dwalin or just a random dwarf, since I've never tried playing a dwarf before..

Anyway, will you drop me a PM or something, Himaran?

Cheers,
Nova
Old 03-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #44
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
Dark-Eye In need of Six Dwarves, eh?

I've been Pm'd by Pio, the game sounds interesting I'll work on a post and such, but for now I must depart (been on computer a little too much today), but I'll try to get up a post as soon as I can to help you guys get started with this game. Hope I get accepted, never played a Dwarf before. Pm me about anything else I might need to know.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 PM   #45
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Thanks for the PM, Pio . I'm quite interested in playing as the second male Rhun character. I'll post up within the next day or two.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:16 AM   #46
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

CHARACTER LIST SO FAR:

Please read the proposal to see what is needed for the character roles still open.

1.) Dwalin, Bali's younger brother
  • Novnarwen - UNDER CONSIDERATION

2.) Dwarves of Erebor – 8 males
  • 1.) The Perky Ent
  • 2.) Nilpaurion Felagund
  • 3.) Esgallhugwen - UNDER CONSIDERATION
  • 4.) Need
  • 5.) Need
  • 6.) Need
  • 7.) Need
  • 8.) Need

3.) 2 Males from Rhûn
  • 1.) Eruwen
  • 2.) Saraphim - UNDER CONSIDERATION

4.) 1 Female from Rhûn
  • 1.) Arestevana

5.) 3 Travelers
  • 1.) bilbo_baggins - Ranger
  • 2.) Will Witfoot - Dwarf
  • 3.) Elentarimir - Elf

~*~*~*~*~*~

Other characters:

Himaran - Bali; from Erebor

Carlas - Durin, son of Dain; from Erebor

Eruantalon - Eruantalon (Erulon); Man of Gondor

Arvedui III - To be revealed later
Old 03-28-2004, 02:18 AM   #47
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1.) Saraphim - wait for Himaran to PM you with details about the Rhûn characters. No need for a bio or /First Post right now.

2.) Novnarwen - I'll put you down as trying out for the brother, Dwalin. You, too, can wait for Himaran to PM you with his ideas about the Dwarf who will be his character's brother.

3.) Esgallhugwen - Here are Himaran's instructions for the Dwarves beginning the journey:

Quote:
First Posts For the 8 Dwarven Characters from Erebor:

Gathering belongings, saying goodbye to friends and family and heading to the Great Hall should be the center of these posts. This is the only guideline - be creative. Your character is leaving to discover a new land that has never before been fully explored - apprehension, excitement and nervousness could be several very legitimate feelings for him to have.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-28-2004 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:29 PM   #48
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
I am very busy, but will try to send pms with details tomorrow morning.

Himaran
Old 03-28-2004, 09:41 PM   #49
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Nameless Dwarf

Hi -- been noticing your lack of Dwarves. I will try to write up a character description and first post in the next couple of days as this rpg looks like a lot of fun.

The one wrinkle for me is: I am already in one rpg (A Land to Call Their Own) and in the planning group for another (Bloodstained Elanor); as I understand them, the Shire rules state that I can only be in two rpgs at once (right?) -- so what if there's overlap between the ending of "Land" and the beginning of "Bloodstained" with this game going on during both. . . (does that make sense? Pio -- help!)
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 AM   #50
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Fordim -

A Land to call their Own was scheduled to run about 9 weeks. It opened on 03/06 and should be very near finishing 05/08-09. So, even if it ran over by a week - it would still end before June when Durelin wants to start the 'Bloodstained Elanor" game.

So, you should be fine if you want to play in this game.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-30-2004, 07:31 AM   #51
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

CHARACTER LIST SO FAR:

Please read the proposal to see what is needed for the character roles still open.

1.) Dwalin, Bali's younger brother

Novnarwen - CHECK PMS!

2.) Dwarves of Erebor – 8 males

1.) The Perky Ent - Accepted

2.) Nilpaurion Felagund - Accepted

3.) Esgallhugwen - Place a description and first on the discussion thread.

4.) Fordim Hedgethistle - Place a description and first on the discussion thread.

5.) Need

6.) Need

7.) Need

8.) Need

3.) 2 Males from Rhûn

1.) Eruwen - NEED A FIRST POST - PM IT TO HIMARAN

2.) Saraphim - CHECK PMS!

4.) 1 Female from Rhûn

1.) Arestevana - accepted

5.) 3 Travelers - all accepted

1.) bilbo_baggins - Ranger

2.) Will Witfoot - Dwarf

3.) Elentarimir - Elf

~*~*~*~*~*~

Other characters:

Himaran - Bali; from Erebor

Carlas - Durin, son of Dain; from Erebor

Eruantalon - Eruantalon (Erulon); Man of Gondor - PLEASE CHECK IN!!!!!

Arvedui III - To be revealed later

Pio: I could lower the amount of needed dwarves from 8 to six... what do you think? After all, we have Novnarwen and Will Witfoot playing dwarves, too.

Himaran
Old 03-30-2004, 08:02 AM   #52
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
I don't know if I'm the one to answer this or not, but might you not have some of the dwarves as purely random characters? No one control them. That sort of thing. Might not be a good idea, but I can't think of anything else...

I don't know how RPG's are run, so I don't know if that will work...

b_b
Old 03-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #53
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

My sincerest appologys Himaran

I have been taking new course and classes recently. I completely forgot about this game since I didn't hear from you for so long about it.

I am here and will be here every day my word and my promise....becuse this is building up to be the best game I've been in so far!

Thank you many times for getting it started here in the shire where I am allowed to play since I have never been approved in Rohan. Bethelberry once said that I could but I never acted on it since I was still busy with a game in the shire. So having no presence in there before I don't think I could right now.

I am here and await to help what ever the need be.

Thank you for PMing me I will be more prompt old friend
Old 03-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #54
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES (see below)

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

List them, please:

“A Land to Call Their Own’
Planning thread for “Bloodstained Elanor”

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? Both

For your character please include:

NAME: Haenir

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: Haenir bears with him but one axe: an ancient weapon of great provenance in his family, as it was used by his forebears in all the wars fought by the Dwarves since the Dark Years. It is long and heavy but so perfectly balanced that it feels light in the hand of a trained axeman. It is bound about with supple leather and is engraved with the names of all who have borne it with honour. . .Haenir’s name is yet to appear on it.

APPEARANCE: Haenir is tall for a Dwarf and somewhat leaner than most. His beard is long and dark black, and he always keeps it plaited in two braids. His eyes smoulder with a deep subterranean brown and are hidden beneath a craggy brow. He is clad in tough armour that has clearly seen better days.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Haenir rarely smiles and talks little, for he only speaks when he has something that he feels worth saying. He is a ferocious fighter, but can be foolhardy in battle. He has a reputation for being a bit of a lone wolf, for he has never taken a wife despite his vast wealth, which he has acquired through shrewd dealings with other Dwarves and peoples, as well as his habits of immense thrift. He has few friends, but he is fiercely loyal to the King, to whom he has sworn personal fealty.

HISTORY: Haenir’s parents were both killed soon after he was born as they attempted to make the long journey to Erebor from the Iron Hills. Their small party had been attacked by a band of orcs just days into their journey and all but a small handful had escaped. When they party had arrived in Erebor, Haenir had been handed over to King Dain who had taken him into his household and raised him as a page to the royal family. In the King’s service, Haenir had learned all that he could about the ways of a warrior, and during the War of the Ring had acquitted himself well in the battle before the Mountain. He had stood in defence of his King as long as he could, but was unable to prevent the fall of Dain. The new King, in recognition of Haenir’s worth, took him into royal service as a member of the King’s Companions. For the last forty years, Haenir has been content to serve the King in this fashion, but lately he has begun to chafe beneath the easy and uneventful life of royal retainer. When word of the expedition to Rhun reached him, he asked the King for leave to accompany the party.

FIRST POST:

Haenir awoke early that day, like a child on the morning of a party. For weeks he had awaited their departure but now that the time had come for him to leave his room he found himself reluctant to prepare. For forty years this one small room had been all the home he knew, and it had been enough to him. High up the mountain, not fifty feet from the Royal Bed-Chamber, he had served the King Under the Mountain loyally and with love, but his heart now longed to see the world beyond the shadow cast by the Mountain, and to seek his fortune in no-one’s service but his own.

It did not take him long to get ready, as he had been following the same routine for most of his life. He dashed some cold water on his face and quickly plaited his beard before donning his armour. It was heavy upon him, but he hardly noticed the weight. He put the few possessions he wished to accompany him on the journey into a small pack that he slung on his back. The last thing he did was take down the long, richly engraved axe that hung on two pegs just above the head of his bed. He moved to his door and took one last look back into his room before turning his back on it.

He moved through the long corridors and wide halls of the Mountain without paying heed to his route, for he knew every inch of this place as though it were an extension of his own body. Indeed, in the last few years he had begun to feel as though he were himself made of the stone of the Mountain, so used was he to living within it. It was this, he decided, that had finally prompted him to ask the King to be released from his service to the Royal Family and be allowed to accompany Durin and the others on this mad journey into the unknown. Haenir had heard the wild stories of riches in the East, but he did not fully believe them; he was not undertaking this journey for wealth – with which he was already well-provided – but for the possibility of gaining what had ever eluded him: honour. Of all the long generations in his family that had borne the axe that he now held in his hand, he was the only who had yet to do a thing of renown that would make him worth to engrave his name into the steel of the axe’s head. He saw this journey as his last chance at such honour.

When he reached the Great Hall the others were gathering to bid farewell to their friends and family. He stood by himself off to one side, impatient to get underway.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #55
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Agh! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Himaran. I just sent you my post, and like I said, this looks like its going to be quite the game!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 AM   #56
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The Game will be ready to open once the last Character Bios and First Posts are in.

So:

1.) Novnarwen - (Please clear all your PM folders out so you can receive messages. I sent you an email through your Xanga site.) Place your Dwarf's Character Bio and First Post on this Discussion Thread.

~*~

2.) Esgallhugwen - See your PM's & place your Dwarf's Character Bio and First Post on this Discussion Thread.

__________________________________________________ _____

Eruantalon - Good to have you on board!

~*~

Fordim - Thanks for getting your bio and first post on board!

~*~

Saraphim - Thanks for getting that bio and post to Himaran!

-- Pio, Game Moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-01-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:53 PM   #57
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok, my first post is in, Pio. Sorry it took so long. I have a lot of things dealing with Softball right now. I don't think that will be a problem, but I have a question for Himaran or Pio. If I write up a post during the week and post once every weekend, would that be ok, or should I be posting more than that? I was just curious in case times got a little rough like they have this week. I really like this game though and I don't want to give it up.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:19 AM   #58
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eruwen

If you post once during the week and once on the weekend that would be great. Is that what you meant?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #59
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

I will update the character list tomorrow and remind people of what they need to do before being accepted.

However: THE GAME IS NOW FULL - NO NEW CHARACTERS ACCEPTED

Eruantalon: Great to have you on board - thanks for checking in, I completely understand.

Himaran
Old 04-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #60
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
I have one question: Is there any way that those people playing natives of Rhun can get a little information about each others' characters: their personality, for example. Or should we simply avoid mentioning the other characters?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:48 PM   #61
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Should we just PM each other to prevent leaking, or what? We probably need to know about each other to be able to interact properly.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:22 AM   #62
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Rhûn-ians

It would be great if you all would exchange bios for your characters and do a little behind the scenes planning by PM.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-02-2004, 09:08 AM   #63
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Pio: Thanks for holding fort!

Ruhnians: When discussing your characters (it would be great if you did) or possible plots for your characters before the dwarves get to your domain, use PM's.

Saraphim: Please re-send your bio and first post. I never got it.

Once the two dwarves have done their profiles and I get Saraphim's information, the journey to Ruhn can begin!

Himaran
Old 04-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #64
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Yes, Pio, that's pretty much what I meant about posting. I'll be able to post 2 times a week most of the time, but I'm not sure about all the time. It depends on what's going on. For instance, now would be a great time for me to post. Too bad we haven't started the game yet. Anyway, looking forward to this, you guys!!!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:48 AM   #65
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril Yes

Finally, the train's gettin' off the track! This is gonna be one cool RPG. I'm very glad to have it added to my resume of games!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 04-04-2004, 07:27 PM   #66
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES which one? Breelander's All

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? one

List them, please: The Hills of Evendim

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? The Green Dragon

For your character please include:

NAME: Nerin Cloudfoot

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: Nerin carries one strong reliable double-edged hand axe which is long enough to also be used as a walking stick, he also carries three small but cunning throwing hatchets that he can pull out with deft fingers and hit his enemies with percision.

APPEARANCE: Nerin is of average height and weight for a Dwarf, he usually wears red and gold attire including armour. He has a pair of beautifully made gloves with runes representing luck and prosperity sewn in golden thread. His light brown eyes sparkle at the prospect of treasure. Nerin's rich black beard and hair is often plaited in braids to keep it out of his eyes.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Like all his kind, Nerin is incredibly sturdy and strong and stubborn; and like many of his fellow Dwarves his temper can get the best of him. He is cautious around people he does not know, especially Elves and that sort, but he knows to keep his tongue silent. But he has great caring and loyalty towards those that are closest to him and is a very decent fellow willing to lend a hand.

HISTORY: Nerin Cloudfoot was born in the Iron Hills, but when word came that the King under the Mountain had returned to beloved Erebor, his father and grandfather made preparations for the journey to the Lonely Mountain. He came along with them of course helping out in the war effort and taking care of his grandfather when he became ill. Unfortunately, the poor old Dwarf passed on from the Great halls of Erebor, but not before preparing gifts for his only grandson. "Take these my dear lad, hopefully they will serve you well in the future" he croaked roughly; Nerin took the hatchets and hand axe with great care and as his grandfather died in the bed before him, tears rolled across his ruddy cheeks and trickled through his beard, it has been the only time he has ever shed tears.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Esgallhugwen's post

Nerin Cloudfoot was awake rather early to get underway. He had to find his father, who was always difficult to find at any time of the day or week, as well as some close friends that were not to accompany him on the quest. He busied about his room at first, getting such things as he needed, clothes, blankets, rope, cooking gear, rations; setting out his armour and gloves, taking all necessary procedures to be sure he didn't miss a single thing.

So with all in order upon his bed he pulled on his gold chainmail and buttoned his red tunic over it, fastening it at the waist using a black belt with a golden buckle. Then he finally packed his large leather bag worn with use, pulled on his gloves making his hands into a fist, fitting his hatchets under his belt and picking up his powerful walking axe he stepped out the door and shut it behind him.

To Nerin's shock and amazement his father was walking up the way to his very room! They grabbed hold of one another and patted eachother on the back "Sorry my boy, I heard news earlier on about how you were to go on the search for Rhûn, but I wasn't able to see you any earlier than now" he bowed.

"Well now is as good a time as any Father, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to say farewell before I left. I understand how busy you are in the mines"

"It makes a Father proud to know you plan on taking that journey, I pray and wish that that unknown land has bountiful treasures for you to behold, for I have heard many strange tales indeed, but no time for that we must grab an ale before we go as a proper farewell".

Later on, when all the marrymaking and catching up was done Nerin had to join with the others in the Great Hall. He managed to say goodbye to others as he passed which made his heart light and glad. A very good way to leave ones home.

Nerin rushed quickly, afraid he would come to late, but lucky for him the company still awaited the few stragglers that had yet to arrive. "Took ye long enough boy" one grumbled under his beard. Nerin bowed and apologised about his tardiness but explained he had much to talk about with his father.

The others said their goodbyes and their best regards as they prepared to debate which path would be the best way to take.

Last edited by Esgallhugwen; 04-05-2004 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 PM   #67
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! An Announcement

Classes are over, and I live in a province where internet connection is slow and expensive. Ergo, my visit to the Downs - and the maintenance of my home page, but that's another story - will be quite erratic for the next two months.

Just to let you know. Perhaps I fear you'll feed my character to the great - and mysterious - Loch Rhûn monster if the game starts and I don't post.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM   #68
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

CHARACTER LIST:

DWARVES

From Erebor:
  • 1.) Himaran (Bali - 55)
  • 2.) Carlas (Durin, son of Dain - mid 30's)
  • 3.) Novnarwen (Dwalin, Bali's younger brother - 44)
  • 4.) The Perky Ent (Káin Bronzetooth - 58)
  • 5.) Nilpaurion Felagund (Narvi Silverfist - 103)
  • 6.) Esgallhugwen (Nerin Cloudfoot - 63)
  • 7.) Fordim Hedgethistle (Haenir - 67)
From The Iron Hills (Dwarf Traveler):
  • 8.) Will Witfoot (Gortek Mad-Eye - 62)
~*~

RHÛN

Males:
  • 1.) Eruwen
  • 2.) Saraphim
Female:
  • 1.) Arestevana - Maulká
~*~

ADDITIONAL MEMBERS OF THE GROUP (Dwarf listed above)
  • 1.) bilbo_baggins (Arasiniel - 73) - Ranger
  • 2.) Elentarimir ( Raendîn - 951) - Elf
~*~

OTHER CHARACTERS:
  • Eruantalon - Eruantalon (Erulon); Man of Gondor
  • Arvedui III - To be revealed later

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-06-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:21 AM   #69
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Looks as if all that needs to be on board is Novnarwen's Character Description and the first Post.

Then, Himaran, just post the order for the First Posts by player name on the Discussion thread and I'll transfer them to the RPG thread and open the game whenever you wish.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-05-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #70
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

[B]Esgallhugwen: In your first post, end it by having your dwarf waiting the great hall. The dwarves are going to debate their route, not just run out the gate .

Novnarwen: First post, and we're off.

Himaran
Old 04-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #71
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Ok, Novna sent me a profile and first post. Pio, I will pm you the first posts. Then you can finally open the thread!!!

Saraphim - Thanks, I got it!

Himaran
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #72
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Okay, here is my character profile. Sorry for the long delay.

Name: Dwalin

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Dwalin is a bit shorter than an average dwarf. He's a bit over 1 foot high, nothing to really brag about. The dwarf wears a grey cloak and tunic. (He loves grey!) To go with that, he tends to wear a heavy and big dwarven armour. He always carries his light helmet on his proud, stout and BIG head. His arms are long, compared to his feet, and many are in fact amazed by them....

He has a short brown beard, which doesn't suit him at all. His eyes are brown, always on guard; his mouth can't be seen due to the horrible beard; his nose stretches its way down and is crooked and is not in proportion with the rest. The male dwarf has a tiny gash on his left cheek. He fell in the stairs made of stone one time, and has forever been mocked for it. Dwalin however, tends to lie when people ask him about where and when he got it. He tells them it was when he fought for his life when adventuring with Bali. (Everyone knows this isn't true though..)

Weapons: A heavy, double-bladed axe is Dwalin’s primary protection. He is excellent aim with a bow, and carries a crossbow across his shoulder. A quiver stuffed with short, deadly arrows and two hatchets are set in his belt.

Personality: Dwalin is a quiet dwarf, compared to his brother, Bali. He tries to avoid social life, or rather the common social life the Ereborian dwarves live. He would rather spend time working over the fire and anvil, pounding shape into a burning chunk of metal, then with other dwarves drinking. Dwalin is quite friendly, but not as friendly a Bali when it comes to foreigners. The dwarf cares a lot about the other dwarves and less about Middle-earth in general.

The dwarf is humble, generous, but the thought of treasures can make him seem greedy. He would never admit to it, but those who know him really well can read him like an open book. He thinks however, that he is a wonderful actor who can put up any face, anytime. This is not the case. Few actually tell him the truth. It might come to their advantage later.

Dwalin has always dreamed of travelling, but has still never ventured through dark forests, climbed mountains or found treasures. This is the main reason why he asked his brother to come along on this quest, to find Rhûn.

History: Dwalin was born in Erebor. Here he was also raised. Together with his older brother, Bali, he spent much of his childhood dreaming of distant lands. Dwalin, however, was never really ready for an adventure, that's why Bali went alone on his journeys. Dwalin has never regretted the fact that he didn't 'follow' his brother’s footsteps. Now however, he has finally straightened up and found the perfect adventure. To find Rhûn, the ancient Kingdom, is his one and only dream. He has asked Bali to accompany him, as he has no experience whatsoever from the quiet and anonymous life he has lived.

Hmm.. By the PM you sent me, I thought I didn't need to write a first post. By this thread, I get another impression. Do you want me to write a first post or not? (I've already started a post.. so.. ehm...?)

Yet again, sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Nova

Last edited by Novnarwen; 04-05-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:52 AM   #73
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Narya

The Game is now open for play.

Check the Discussion Thread for any instructions Himaran might have on how to proceed.

1.) Please remember to remove your signatures from EVERY post to the game thread, including SAVES.

2.) About SAVES - try to get them filled in within 24 hours of posting them.

Have Fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himaran - I left a SAVE space for Novnarwen's post following yours. Tell me if you want it there once she posts it on the Discussion Thread. Or I can remove it if she is going to jump in later in the game.

Saraphim and Eruwen - Unfortunately I could not tell which of the posts for the Rhûn males belonged to whom. No names on the PM I received them in. One of you please take a look at the RPG thread and let me know if you are "Rhûn male 1 or 2".
Old 04-06-2004, 04:02 AM   #74
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Good news: I am setting up my post...I was a bit uncertain whether it was needed or not, but you, Himaran, must decide. Here it is though. Thanks fro your patience.

Bad News: Due to changing the Internet service (I have no idea what that really means), I won't have computer access the next couple of days. It'll probably be fixed latest Sunday. Pio, Himaran: Will you set up saves for me as needed? I'm very sorry about this..

Dwalin

Dwalin sat in the staircases. He looked downwards trying to get a satisfying look of his short brown beard. Too bad it isn’t longer, he thought being disappointed. Everyone else had long beards. However, what annoyed him the most was the fact that he couldn’t actually get a proper look, or any look, of his chin; and therefore not where his beard started. The dwarf started making odd grimaces, turning his gigantic head in all directions. Nope, his chin couldn’t be seen. No matter what methods he used, it wasn't possible to get a glimpse of it. Chins are only an illusion, he thought, smiling. Dwalin giggled. He had in fact never thought of this before. It was indeed brilliant.

The dwarf soon remembered why he actually was sitting here, and he felt the hunger of gold and treasures lurk inside of him. Why was he sitting here, looking like a complete idiot, when there was gold to find, and adventure to start and the finding of Rhûn? However, in order to start his adventure, he needed companions; which, by the way, he already had arranged. Now he just had to wait, wait for them to come. No more ‘chin-nonsense’, he thought. He put up a grim face and started waiting instead.

Not long had passed before his brother, Bali, came hurrying down and found Dwalin. Dwalin had now settled by a table, with a huge map covering the table’s surface. They chatted for a while, looking at the map and discussing further. Dwalin paid attention, but in the back of his mind memories from his childhood disturbed the conversation he had with his brother. As a child, he remembered he thought of days like these; when he would at last would travel and find riches. He had dreamed long of an adventure, this adventure. However, Dwalin didn’t have the slightest idea of how it was going to be like; what he would experience or what they would find in the ancient kingdom of Rhûn.

The feeling of wind, cold as ice, ran down his back and the dwarf jumped up, eyes wide open. Bali turned towards his brother, “Nervous, Dwalin?” He giggled, but the anxiety in his voice could clearly be heard. Dwalin lied and said no. Bali, who could see through this lie, giggled some more. “Aww, it’s alright to be nervous, afraid, scared, ‘jumpy’, and all those things on ones first adventure,” he said, pitying him, but still enjoying this a bit. Big brothers were supposed to ‘tease’ the younger ones once in a while. Dwalin didn’t care and ignored Bali, who was only trying to try his humour on somebody.

They exchanged a few words, both rather excited now. Dwalin felt the urge of running out of the Hall and start his adventure at once, but this of course would lead to disaster. Bali looked at Dwalin, reading him as an open book. “We have to wait, dear brother,” he said, comforting.

Dwalin giggled as he heard footsteps…

Thanks.

Cheers,
Nova

Last edited by Novnarwen; 04-06-2004 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:30 AM   #75
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Pio: Could you please place Novnarwen's post in the save? Thanks!

Novnarwen: That will be fine.

Dwarves and Eruantalon: Time to discuss, argue and debate the trip - ANYTHING about it. The sooner we get that done, the sooner we can leave, so post away!

Ruhnians: You can continue on your own storylines for the moment. But don't give much about yourselves or your lifestyle away!!

Travelers: You can now post. Make sure that you are travelling around the River Running, or POSSIBLY on the outskirts of Ruhn. If you are, DON'T ENTER IT!!!! Wait for the dwarves to get there.

LETS MOVE!

Himaran
Old 04-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #76
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
I don't suppose as the Rhunians do, that we travelers could discuss meeting or talking about strategy together? I think you'll agree...

I am eager to post anything, anything I can; I just don't know where to start... A little help from Himaran or fellow travelers to suggest where to enter the character?

I hope I learn soon how an RPG is supposed to be played. I know very little.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #77
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Silmaril It Has Begun....

It's here! Finally! Now, what exactly is our course? Do we depart from Erebor east to the Iron Mts. and then southeast to Rhun? What is our path?!?
Old 04-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #78
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Here is a list of the various groups and their members:

Dwarves of Erebor

Himaran (Bali - 55)
Carlas (Durin, son of Dain - mid 30's)
Novnarwen (Dwalin, Bali's younger brother - 44)
The Perky Ent (Káin Bronzetooth - 58)
Nilpaurion Felagund (Narvi Silverfist - 103)
Esgallhugwen (Nerin Cloudfoot - 63)
Fordim Hedgethistle (Haenir - 67)

With them is:

Eruantalon (Erulon) – Man of Gondor

-------------------------------------------------

Travelers

Will Witfoot (Gortek Mad-Eye – 62) - Dwarf from The Iron Hills
bilbo_baggins (Arasiniel - 73) – Dunedain Ranger
Elentarimir ( Raendîn - 951) – Elf from Mirkwood

-------------------------------------------------

From Rhûn

Arestevana (Maulká)
Saraphim (Nephil)
Eruwen (Bestialán)

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-06-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #79
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Bringing this back:

Himaran's previous instructions for posting:

Quote:
Dwarves of Erebor and Eruantalon: Time to discuss, argue and debate the trip - ANYTHING about it. The sooner we get that done, the sooner we can leave, so post away!

Rhunians: You can continue on your own storylines for the moment. But don't give much about yourselves or your lifestyle away!!

Travelers: You can now post. Make sure that you are travelling around the River Running, or POSSIBLY on the outskirts of Ruhn. If you are, DON'T ENTER IT!!!! Wait for the dwarves to get there.

LETS MOVE!

Himaran
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Novnarwen - your post is on the game.

Himaran - which character names go with which male Rhun characters? I want to give the players credit on those first posts I put up.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-06-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #80
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Pio: Eruwen's character is Bestialán, according to the bio she sent me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-06-2004 at 03:13 PM.