The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2020, 03:02 PM   #441
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Form

And incidentally, of those I listed as packmate-ish, I think that knowing Pitch's role would give us the most leads.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #442
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I am caught up and ought to be posting, but I'll admit to being someqhat afraid to open my mouth, because nothing comes out but shoes and howls, it seems. Great cover if I play again soon enough and as a Wolf, but in the here-and-this thread, that's not so helpful. While I actually relish the idea of participating in a Dead Thread for what would effectively be the first time, I'd rather WIN and the village is more likely to do that if I'm not the fifth Ordo in a row to die.

I'm lukewarm on Nilp voting for Legate, but I'm willimg to fall in line and vote for a possible-Known Innocent's plan than keep stumbling around in the dark. And Legate WAS suspicious to Nog, for whatever that's worth.

Myself, I'd still like to see Kath or Pitch on the ballot, and there is a general swirl of talk about both of them, but I don't think the village has any sort of consensus building other than "Form looks bad."
Old 06-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #443
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Rikae is up to something but I'll be darned if I know what it is.

If the seer dies we could either +- again or set up a plan like what Nilp suggests. Maybe we should discuss that when it happens and not 1 hour before deadline though.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #444
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
++Form

And incidentally, of those I listed as packmate-ish, I think that knowing Pitch's role would give us the most leads.
Well, in naked self-interest, I am definitely voting ++Legate of Amon Lanc now.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #445
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Form
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #446
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I can definitely live with a Form lynching, though I'd prefer Pitch. I'd rather have Legate stay alive for at least one more day.

I'm tempted to vote for Pitch and start a third waggon, but I fear that if Pitch and Form are both wolves, it may split the innocent vote.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #447
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Form

And with that I'm off to work. Choose wisely.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #448
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm back to the drawing board, finished reading through Rikae's posts on previous Days, plus looked at the votes again. I would still like to do a read-through of Pitch and Greenie, but I am slowly running out of mental capacity toDay it seems to me.

Quick list and then going to vote:

Green zone:
Lommy - I have seen nothing that would make me feel bad about her, even though I admit I have sort of grown accustomed to trusting my gut feeling with her. Usually, Days 3 to 4 are the ones when I become scatterbrained and start seeing ghosts everywhere because my initial beliefs (in this case, Nog, BG) turn out not to work. I will try to resist this and if I am alive toMorrow, do a read-through of her posts alongside with others.

Brinniel - she has been pursuing her suspects very clearly, the same on Day 2. Overall I think her reasoning made sense.

Yellow zone:
Greenie - I want to re-read, but not toDay!
Kath - her posts overall feel rather good than bad. Her vote on Day 1 was potentially Wolfy, but much of it depends on Form's role.
Pitch - keep flip-flopping about him, also need a re-read.
Rikae - after rereading their posts, nothing that would stand out, and I don't feel like I can start delving into this at this hour.
Shasta - I am the most on the verge about him, since he seems to appear, say that he could vote anyone and he often also ends up doing so - not much can be deduced on voting alone. Not sure if I'd feel up to voting him based on that though.

Red zone:
sally - I still think her posts are present without not saying much. Same with her vote.
Mac - I am chiefly unhappy about his "off the mainstream"-voting, otherwise see above.
Form - I am still leaning towards the direction that he's a Cobbler, NW is also a possibility however.

EDIT: x-ed with some.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #449
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Actually the seer should have had three dreams by now. But that doesn't mean they are all alive. And so no, we shouldn't rely on the seer.
Oops, I somehow temporarily forgot it's Day3 already. (In my defense, days when you sleep 6h and work 9h should be banned. That's an unhealhty ratio.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
That seems to be the point of your post, though - if Rikae and Legate had wanted to save just one of Kath or Form, they'd have jumped on the other - but they didn't, they went for Nog. So they didn't want to save just one of them - they wanted to save them both. Which would make them all evil together. Right?
Agreed on principle. But that would require a) coordination, b) willingness to stick their necks out a little. Plus, there isn't a reason why they couldn't have acted the same way if innocent. So until we know at least 1/4 of their identity, it's all guesswork. (And side note, I'm always sceptical of theories that pin down the whole wolf pack a once. I mean, it would be amazing, but I've yet to see one that was correct. Especially on a Day3 with no proven wolves around.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Fair point, but more than half the village were still left to vote at that point so she could have figured the situation was likely to change. Also she didn’t actually add a new lynch candidate, Nilp already had one vote so she tied him with herself and Form. Admittedly she could have voted Form, too, but this would have looked pretty fishy for her the next Day if she hadn’t suspected Form previously (I don’t actually remember if she did).
Hm, maybe I better take one more look at that vote tally.

Quote:
Not sure if this holds water. First-post-of-the-Day comments on what happened at the end of the Day before (the lynch, the Medium) are not knee-jerk reactions. People’s actual reactions to the events, whether it’s feeling gleeful or bummed, happen behind their screens, 24 hours before they write those posts the next Day. So you might feel really bummed about the lynch, but 24 hours later not feel compelled to say you feel bummed about the lynch. (Personally I almost never do, whatever my role – I just don’t see the point. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel bummed when we lynch an innocent.) What I’m trying to say is, I’d be wary of reading too much into that kind of thing since I think it indicates personality/posting style more than alignment.
I feel like my answer to this boils to a bit "yes, BUT". Rikae's glee at Hui and Lottie's choice wasn't an instant reaction either. But clearly it was the one first on their mind. I still think that's a more likely priority for a wolf/cobbler than for an innocent. Of course, I'm not saying it PROVES anything, but it caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Maybe if the seer is killed the Dead Thread empowers a known innocent?
Solid, even though it still leaves no way to communicate a wolf dream (more important). But umm, let's discuss this when it's relevant and not shortly before the deadline on a Day when it's not relevant yet?

I would prefer to vote Form toDay. Not too covinced about Legate's guilt.

(I'm open to other options at least in theory, but. *shrug*)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #450
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Form

No reason to keep sitting on it, I guess.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #451
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
general feeling of Mr Agreeableness (sorry Pitch, I know it's a trigger word ) or something not quite right - I recall innocent Legate being bigger on grand theories and generally giving more of an active vibe rather than mournful witness of unfolding last-minute chaos.
I think this is a good point. I mentioned before that I like the content of Legate's posts (regarding suspicions and such), however he also seems quieter and more reserved than normal. I still don't think the wolves killed Lottie suspecting she was a seer who dreamed of Legate because Hui seems like the more likely dream were she the seer. However, a wolf pack that includes Legate could've killed her for the latter reason even knowing that it could implicate Legate.

That is not enough reason for me to want to vote Legate toDay, but maybe I need to look at him toMorrow (again).

At this point, I will either vote Formy or Pitch.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #452
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Formendacil

Seems that's what the cool kids are doing these days.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #453
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
A quick tally...

Kath > Form
Greenie > Legate
Rikae > Form (2)
Form > Legate (2)
Sally > Form (3)
Shasta > Form (4)
Lommy > Form (5)
Macalaure > Form (6)

A little less chaotic than yesterday, but so much more suspense.

35 minutes to go.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #454
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hm... I do not feel at my brightest at the very moment, but I certainly would not like my last gift to this village be again cluelessness gained from the lynch of an innocent. I will most likely vote Form - and his death, in any case, should shed light on others.

EDIT: x-ed with multiple
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #455
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well then.

++Form

I think it's high time we got it right.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #456
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Is everybody voting for Formy? That's great if he's a wolf, however, I'm afraid toDay's voting tally won't tell us much come toMorrow whatever his role may be.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #457
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I keep wondering about the plausibility of a Rikae-Legate-Kath-Form pack. As for Rikae, I'm obviously biased right now, so I'd like to re-evaluate toMorrow. Kath has suddenly started to make possibly innocent sense toDay, I hope this continues. I'm really torn between Legate and Form, but my suspicion of Form is older and stronger.

And I notice he's collecting votes. Now if they're innocent (or at least some of them) that's all the better, but there's also a chance the pack is finally getting ready to bus him, to which I say: let them!

(I was going to post '+-Formendacil, unless something dramatic happens, but you know, I might as well)

++Formendacil

Last edited by Pitchwife; 06-09-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: x-ed with a bunch
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #458
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

Seven of twelve votes, so no overhauling this result anyway.

++Formendacil

Crossed with Pitch's eighth vote.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 06-09-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: see above
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #459
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Well, not that it makes much difference at this point:

++Formy

X-ed with the last two posts
Old 06-09-2020, 03:35 PM   #460
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The positive is. We'll I'll have the narration and reveal done right at the DL.

The bad is, Form your fate is sealed.

The dead have chosen a medium today too. So, stay tuned in 25 minutes
Old 06-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #461
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
I keep wondering about the plausibility of a Rikae-Legate-Kath-Form pack. As for Rikae, I'm obviously biased right now, so I'd like to re-evaluate toMorrow. Kath has suddenly started to make possibly innocent sense toDay, I hope this continues. I'm really torn between Legate and Form, but my suspicion of Form is older and stronger.
I was hesitant about Shasta trying to push me to commit to that theory, now Pitch is presenting the very same combo as if it hadn't been discussed before. What's up, dudes? Is one of you perhaps... making shoes for a living? Why are you so into a conspiracy theory that's... basically that, a conspiracy theory. How likely is it really to nail the whole wolf pack with one guess?
Old 06-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #462
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
How likely is it really to nail the whole wolf pack with one guess?
12 villagers, 4 wolves, 1/495 chance. Not quite as bad as playing the lottery.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #463
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I was hesitant about Shasta trying to push me to commit to that theory, now Pitch is presenting the very same combo as if it hadn't been discussed before. What's up, dudes? Is one of you perhaps... making shoes for a living?
[my bolding]
Now I want to make a song parody based on this.

Quote:
Why are you so into a conspiracy theory that's... basically that, a conspiracy theory. How likely is it really to nail the whole wolf pack with one guess?
Not very, of course. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one wolf in there.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #464
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
[my bolding]
Now I want to make a song parody based on this.

Not very, of course. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one wolf in there.
Fair enough. That sentiment I can agree on, but "the wolf pack is Rikae+Legate+Form+Kath" is a bit too much of a leap of faith for me.

PS. Listening to that song at 0.45am feels like a psychedelic trip for my tired brain.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #465
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I really hope folks have been paying attention from the beginning, and glean something useful from it about the characters in the play, and fish-leather jackets and coyote-skin coats and radical visionaries and all the other magical things in the happy land of Mirkwood.

(Do you realize 2/3 of us have special roles?)
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #466
Formendacil
Dead Serious

The Last Will and Testament of Formendacil, Late of Village CXV

The soon-to-be-deceased bequeaths to the surviving Ordos and Gifteds the following message: you're terrible.

Okay, this message is borne of a thorough-going level of frustration, more than a little of it self-directed as being a practical Newbie despite ostensibly having something like a dozen-plus WW games under my belt.

However, that is in the deep past.

My lynching is at least in part the cascading of poor choices made: largely having too much fun and being too flippant on Day 1 and taking the better part of two Days to get back into Form (pun intended).

That said, there are four Innocents dead, about to five, and nary a Wolf to be seen.

And I am not a Cobbler.

If I were a Cobbler--and the narration is about to reveal I am not--I would have been far more careful. Like the accusations made of Legate, that he is more exuberant as an Ordo and careful when Evil, I would have lurked a lot more deliberately. Instead, by simply enjoying this Cursed game when I was roped in at the last minute to understudy for Wilwa, I have been doomed by that very excitement and you are all welcome to chains in Angband for your troubles.

Unwritten rules like "don't discuss the Gifteds" are nonsense and now that I have had it drawn to my attention, I am peeved enough to make my next WW performance include it henceforth ad infinitum, on a part with my wry, overdramatic distaste for Day 1s during Day 1. Although, as noted in a previous post, I do have a difficulty admitting if I've messed up.

Sadly, since you are lynching an Ordinary Villager, I do not have any names to give you for your troubles. I have dreamed of no one, protected no one, set traps near no one! I can't even tell you what my motivations or plans have been, because that would be redundant: I have been 100% upfront and honest in every post I've written on this thread, so if you're wondering what I thought about so-and-so, go back and reread the post.

That said, Pitch's vote for Kath on Day 1 remains A Thing I am suspicious of, though I have come around to be less suspicious of Pitch (admittedly, I might be projecting, because his irritation is a dim mirror of my own). Meanwhile, Kath has NOT responded to my suspicions of her, and I read that "if I just ignore the accusations of this bandwaggon dumpster fire in the making, I can keep coasting."

Thus, if you would please lynch one of them, I would be much obliged. If, however, the Wolves eat one or the other and prove me entirely wrong, I shall make my mea culpas in the Dead Thread.

I bequeath the following thoughts:

Brinn - probably a wolf.
Kath - totally a wolf.
Greenie - might not be a wolf
Legate - probably a wolf
Mac - probably a wolf
Nilp - I'd tell you I think he's Gifted, but it seems you'll lynch me for that.
Pitchwife - Cobbler or Wolf, not a good guy
Rikae - probably a wolf
Shasta - maybe a wolf
Sally - probably a wolf
Lommy - maybe not a wolf

In other words, I believe Nilp, and I haven't really got suspicions of Lommy or Greenie, treasonous votes for me aside. The rest of the village is a big suspicious mess coloured with way too much suspicion for the only living (for a few minutes) villager whose innocence I'm sure of.

I regret I cannot stay another Day to sort out this miss.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #467
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, as much as I'd like to think Form is just messing with us, that looked pretty sincere.

*headdesk*
Old 06-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #468
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Well, as much as I'd like to think Form is just messing with us, that looked pretty sincere.

*headdesk*
I like to think I could pull it off it it wasn't and I was just grandstanding, but... 8 minutes to find out.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #469
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

The Owl of Minerva flies at dusk...
Old 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM   #470
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have a real bad feeling about toMorrow now. Yikes.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #471
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Leaf Day 3 Narration

After Blind Guardian's vicious and unexpected death there seemed to be a different feel in the town this day. They were more prepared and intent on finding a werewolf. Their very survival might depend on it! Would their dire situation end in some small hope with a werewolf lynched or would the town tear each other apart, while the pack watched on?

It was a day of bold plans, actions, and *pings*, but would it pay off to benefit the town? Would the extra preparation pay off or will everything dissolve into last minute chaos again? And what would the innocent dead have to say about the lynch today and who among the living do they empower?

A voice came out of Formendacil. Or perhaps more accurate it was his voice, but not his words. "The dead are most outraged and disturbed by the way this vote today has turned into a mob. Out of our anger and spite we have empowered Formendacil today. ++Legate"

At this point practically the whole village was against Formendacil, so it mattered not. Some of them seemed disturbed by the dead's chastisement. Others shouted "But what if you're a wolf!" "What if you're a cobbler!"

"Forget the dead, they had their chance. We're still lynching you!" and the townspeople pushed Formendacil to the gallow. After he was hung, they anxiously waited for something to happen. It had to be. He had to turn? Or there had to be some note connecting his allegiance to the werewolves?

Nothing. Another ordinary villager lynched and dead.

Some kicked rocks angrily and would go to sleep just as angry. Others swear they heard a voice from beyond the grave again say..."How does this keep happening in my villages?"

The Dead

Boro (Town Recorder) - murdered by pack Night 1
Huinesoron (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Loslote (Villager) - killed by pack Night 2
Nogrod (Villager) - Lynched Day 2
Blind Guardian (Villager) - killed by pack Night 3
Formendacil (Villager) - lynched Day 3

The Living

A Little Green
Brinniel
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Macalaure
Nilpaurion Felagund
Pitchwife
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin
Thinlomien

-----

It is Night 4. Silence in the town.

Werewolves discuss and kill

Seer dream

Ranger protect.

Beast Hunter do your trapping
Old 06-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #472
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Night 4

After the fifth consecutive death of a villager, and still four werewolves prowling the inhabitants, could anything get any more hopeless for the innocent townspeople? Their powerful gifteds were still alive, but for how much longer? They really need any sign for a glimmer of hope.

But the village's fortune was going to go from worse to dreadful. The wolves had their next target and were closing in on Greenie's house. She was in the middle of a disturbing vision. She clearly saw 1 villager's face and the face turned into a horrible, furry werewolf. There were 3 other shadowy figures in the vision but she could not make them out. When she awoke there were four figures standing around her.

"You!" Greenie shouted! "I just..."

"Having nightmares? Or should we ask dreaming about us?" said one of the werewolves.

"We are oh so close to destroying this town and can't have the village Seer messing that up. Whatever secrets or dreams you had of us, will die with you. By this time tomorrow, we will have eaten everyone in this town." said another.

The werewolves closed in on Greenie and they had fine dining of the Seer tonight.

After devouring on the seer, a mug of ale was sitting on a night table. One of the werewolves took a big gulp and started passing it around to his mates.

"I don't think Greenie's going to be needing this anymore? What can be better than some fine Dorwinion wine to wash down the delicious taste of a seer?"

What the wolves did not notice, at least not at first is the the mug of wine was sitting on top of a lever. The lever released a small, smooth, heavy stone that began rolling off the edge of the table. Fascinated and drunk off their sweet victory, the wolves watched this anachronistic rube-goldberg machine as the stone rolled off the table. The stone knocked over a cup lying on the floor. The cup was tied by a string and on the other end of the string was tied another cup that was pulled off a shelf of books and fell to the ground with a clang. The books had been lined up like a row of dominos and all began tipping over. The last book in the line hit a spring and released an arrow from the wall!

The arrow struck one of the werewolves who howled in pain.

"I don't think it hit anything vital" howled Legate who had an arrow sticking into his thigh. I'll be alright. Someone carry me and get me out of this death trap."

"Shouldn't we try to remove it first?" asked one of Legate's friends. "It looks like it's causing you a lot of pain."

"It burns!" howled Legate.

One of the werewolves tried to grab the arrow and break it but also began to shriek in pain. "It's SILVER! That rotten Beast Hunter has silver arrows!"

Legate knew what that meant. Even if they got the arrow out, with a silver lined arrow. It was the bane of Werewolves and he would be good as dead soon. "Avenge me! We still got the seer tonight! Kill that nasty Beast Hunter and avenge me!"

One of the werewolves snapped Legate's neck to make it a quicker death.

They may have gotten the seer. But the Beast Hunter took one of them.

The Dead

Boro (Town Recorder) - murdered by pack Night 1
Huinesoron (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Loslote (Villager) - killed by pack Night 2
Nogrod (Villager) - Lynched Day 2
Blind Guardian (Villager) - killed by pack Night 3
Formendacil (Villager) - lynched Day 3
A Little Green (Seer) - killed by pack Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Werewolf) - caught in BH booby trap Night 4

The Living

Brinniel
Kath
Macalaure
Nilpaurion Felagund
Pitchwife
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin
Thinlomien

Innocent tally 6 (1 cobbler)/Werewolves 3 (1 NW)

Last edited by Boromir88; 06-10-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #473
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

It is Day 4. But go on and bring me a lynch.

Sorry for the very tiny delay. I promised the BH a rube-goldberg type trap. And it's really hard to write one of those descriptively!
Old 06-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #474
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Holy Yikes!
Old 06-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #475
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WHOA.

I mean, I had Greenie pegged as a gifted, but I assumed ranger. Apparently the wolves noticed something I didn't.

And nicely done, my beloved! I'm proud of you! Now do it again tomorrow and we're halfway there!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 06-10-2020 at 04:20 PM. Reason: forgot to bold the beloved <3
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #476
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

We've lost our seer, but at least we don't have to worry about Legate anymore thanks to our Beast Hunter (which I will assume is Nilp unless proven otherwise).

It seems clear that Greenie dreamt Legate - she's the only other that deviated from the Formy train. I'll take a look at her posts to see who else she may have dreamed of. And hopefully the medium vote will give us a hint - though we won't know until toMorrow.

I feel really bad about that Formy lynch. I think all of us innocents deserve to lick poor Formy's shoes while I'm sure the baddies spent the Night dancing in glee. Since basically everyone voted for him yesterDay, I don't think the voting tally will say much of anything - we will need to dig deeper than that. And of course, take a look at Legate's posts along with any mentions of him.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #477
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh my god

Nice work, Nilp.

Otherwise it's really past my bedtime so I'll get back to everything tomorrow but god. What a night. Also we're obviously not discussing the game in our apartment but you guys should have heard Legate's hysterical maniacal laughter when he just opened the thread.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #478
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

That's a lot to unwrap here.

So first, yay for Nilp! (Assuming it was Nilp)

But there goes our seer...

The wolves chose to not put the nightmare wolf in the line of fire for the kill. I suppose they considered Legate a goner anyway. It does re-iterate though that the wolves seem to value their numbers higher than the NW powers.

We have to agree for some kind of mode for Greenie to send us her knowledge. Doesn't hurt to analyze her posts anyway, obviously.

And then there's Legate to analyze.

It's going to be interesting to analyze the voting, too, considering that every one left voted for the same person. A close look at the way the suspicion against him mounted over days is going to be legitimately interesting, though.

And considering that Form was the medium, I dare not imagine the amount of harsh language the dead aimed at the living yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Now do it again tomorrow and we're halfway there!
Unless I'm mistaken, the beast hunter can only trap a wolf once. Nilp-assuming-it's-Nilp is effectively an ordo now.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-10-2020 at 04:24 PM. Reason: crossed with Brinn and Lommy
Old 06-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #479
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Addendum: there will be a lot to analyse now which will be very good for the village. I trust Greenie to have left clues (not looking good for Kath btw), and Legate must have some trails, AND we should figure out how to communicate with Greenie in the dead thread. It will be a busy day.

edit: xed with Mac
Old 06-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #480
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I made a note of Greenie's analysis of Legate looking very seerish if he was a wolf, but then when she gave the wrong number of dreams I thought "nah, probably not the seer" ...

Well done, Nilp!

Now: I was really worried about toDay being the last day and getting myself lynched because of my antics yesterDay, but it's not quite so dire now. Still, I should explain. I was ridiculously sure Form was a wolf, and thought I could simultaneously protect the seer and ensure a wolf lynch. I figured it would be the last thing I did in the living thread, so I did everything I could to stir the pot and get the other wolves to ... uh ... float to the top? Is that what wolves do? Anyway, I'm really embarrassed. Don't lynch me, I'm a plain ordo who has apparently lost all their wolf-detecting ability.