The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
You have to play. Who will I bicker mercilessly with if not you? <3
Me, of course. Well, when I'm not after Rikae, that is.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
This list is really making me

Mith - I do understand about the pressure but even if you play in a semi-detached way, it would be better than not at all, wouldn't it?

Greenie - so pleased you're playing, is Lommy *sure* she can't? What about Nogs?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #43
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
What about Nogs?
Might be... if this starts sooner than later. I have a huge choir-dance project starting at August 4th and then the schools start again. But if I can count on you to kill me before that I'm game!

So put me in with a questionmark Glirdy! Quick-start and I'm in, prolonged recruitment and I'm out.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #44
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Me, of course. Well, when I'm not after Rikae, that is.
Ah, so very true, sir! I'm sorry I forgot you!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #45
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
This game looks complicated, but I'm in.
I second both of these statements.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #46
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I second both of these statements.
Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #47
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'll have what she's having.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #48
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But if I can count on you to kill me before that I'm game!
You have my sword!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #49
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
You have my sword!
We still need the axe and the bow...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #50
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You have my axe.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
We still need the axe and the bow...
I'm happy to offer my services....snerk.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #52
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
If at all possible don't start before Sunday, pour favor. I won't be anywhere near a workable, accessible computer 'til late Monday.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #53
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Greenie! You just made me sound so mean!

And Lalaith, yes, I'm sure I can't play. It just means you have to play again in the near future...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #54
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Hey, I'm a bit afraid I've made myself a reputation as a troublemaker lately, but can I play if I promise to be good?
Considering I agreed with you on all accounts (and I'm sure most of us here did) and because I love you and definitely want you in my game, you're in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Also, one question - is the no revealing rule just for lovers, or for everyone? The latter would be a shame - false reveals are too much fun.
I'm thinking of just leaving that rule to the Lovers and Lovers only. I agree with false reveals as is, but to do so and pull it off in this game will be very interesting to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I'm so definitely in.
YAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Lommy asks me to add that she hates Kath and Foley and Lalaith. (She doesn't have time to play.)
Boooo about the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I'll have what she's having.
I'm going to assume that means you're in :P

As for the start date, I'm going to respect Boro's wish and have our Night 1 on Sunday, thus making Monday our Day 1. Nog, is this alright with you or will you have to withdraw?

As for the deadline....I am thinking roughly around 2am Eastern Standard. If there is any conflict with this let me know. As it stands right now, we have all the people we need to play....

HOWEVER.

I am MORE than willing to let more people play if they so choose to join!! It will make things a little more difficult on my end and may mean that the game will last longer, but I figure, why not have a few ordo's with no special abilities!?

So, if there are any others that would wish to sign up, you have about 33 hours until the sing up is closed and the opening narration will be put up!! Thanks to everyone who is currently signed up!! I'm really pumped to get this show under way!!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #55
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I'm really pumped to get this show under way!!
Yay!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #56
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
You have my axe.
And my bow makes three, I think.

Or, wait. Does Boro still have it?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #57
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Zeus– King of the Gods – Lovers with Hera, who will be allowed to PM during Night Phase only. If Hera is lynched during the Day, Zeus will take a revenge kill. If she is Night Killed, Zeus will PM me one name at the start of the Day and will have the power to either kill them, protect them, see their role or have an extra vote (which they may send to me) for that Day. **

Hera - Queen of the Gods – Lovers with Zeus AND is also a Wolf. Zeus and Hera will be allowed to PM during Night Phase only. If Zeus is lynched during the Day, Hera will NOT take a revenge kill. If he is Night Killed, Hera will PM me one name at the start of the Day and will have the power to either kill them, see their role or have an extra vote (which they may send to me) for that Day. **
Uhm, just realised that this doesn't make sense. Since Hera (being a wolf) can't be Night killed (unless you mean by a hunter or something) and Zeus is highly unlikely to be aslong as Hera is alive. Perhaps they should get their revenge-name thing if they are lynched instead?

And about the Mytho, what happens if they choose a Lover or one of the protector people (Athena for example), I'm assuming nothing?

And when the false seer dies will we know they were the false one, or will that be something we don't know til the end?

And are there no ordos at all? Cooooooooool.

K. I'm done I think. *huggles Mod* Sorry if some of these things were dealt with already.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #58
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Uhm, just realised that this doesn't make sense. Since Hera (being a wolf) can't be Night killed (unless you mean by a hunter or something) and Zeus is highly unlikely to be aslong as Hera is alive. Perhaps they should get their revenge-name thing if they are lynched instead?

And about the Mytho, what happens if they choose a Lover or one of the protector people (Athena for example), I'm assuming nothing?

And when the false seer dies will we know they were the false one, or will that be something we don't know til the end?

And are there no ordos at all? Cooooooooool.

K. I'm done I think. *huggles Mod* Sorry if some of these things were dealt with already.
Point 1 - Changed to lynch

Point 2 - You are correct in assuming nothing. Mytho will only be granted a role if he/she chooses The Seer, Ranger, Hunter, Sherrif or a Wolf.

Point 3 - I was thinking of keeping it a secret because I'm mean like that

Point 4 - *Huggles his bestie and gives cookie*
Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #59
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
And my bow makes three, I think.

Or, wait. Does Boro still have it?
Oi, I already went there. Insert two quarters and try again.

That late of a DL? Please say it ain't so, love. It's horrid for me.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #60
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
2am EST = 7am my time? No problem but be aware I'll be voting pretty early with that deadline, like 11pm my time.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #61
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hmmm....Well, I COULD try and change it to 11 pm or 12 am instead to try and accommodate but, those are really inconvenient times for me as well, but I COULD probably make it for those times.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #62
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
No don't worry about it. Having to vote early makes me more likely to remember to! And if anything moving the DL to later works better for me.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #63
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hmmm....Well, I COULD try and change it to 11 pm or 12 am instead to try and accommodate but, those are really inconvenient times for me as well, but I COULD probably make it for those times.
I love you? Also, I did make your icon. That's gotta be worth something.

Technically I can do that DL but I know I'll want to stay up late to watch the game. So....yeah. I'm a naughty girl.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #64
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Point 1 - Changed to lynch

Point 2 - You are correct in assuming nothing. Mytho will only be granted a role if he/she chooses The Seer, Ranger, Hunter, Sherrif or a Wolf.

Point 3 - I was thinking of keeping it a secret because I'm mean like that

Point 4 - *Huggles his bestie and gives cookie*
Point 1- cool

Point 2 - cool

Point 3 - haha, cool, and I would do the same. Our friendship makes sense.

Point 4 - *eats cookie*
Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #65
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline is perfect for me as is, but then, I'm insanely flexible, and can probaly make almost anything work.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #66
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm a huge fan of the deadline being 1-3 AM EST, so the proposed 2 AM EST deadline is absolutely fine with me.

I also had an extremely important question that I thought of earlier this evening when I was away from home, and now I can't remember it. *slaps head* I really hope I remember, because I seem to recall thinking that, if the answer went a certain direction, it would literally change the entire game. My excuse for not being able to remember something so huge? I'm tired. Very very tired.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #67
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This is pretty exciting. I was hoping that Nogrod and Lommy could both play, but it's cool that Greenie got aboard. Nog, I'd love it if you could play.

So....I take it we're beginning later today? Sounds cool. This could be very interesting. I'm kind of intimidated.

-- Foley
Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #68
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*bounces* I concur. I'm all up for starting!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #69
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Any DL after midnight EDT is going to mean me voting a few hours before, but it's not a big deal.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #70
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Considering I agreed with you on all accounts (and I'm sure most of us here did) and because I love you and definitely want you in my game, you're in!!
Awww! <3 Thank you!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #71
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
2am EST = 7am my time? No problem but be aware I'll be voting pretty early with that deadline, like 11pm my time.
What Kath said. Though because I'm on holiday I'll be up 'til later.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #72
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just so I'm perfectly clear here- who is allowed to reveal? No one?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #73
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Just so I'm perfectly clear here- who is allowed to reveal? No one?
No uncloaking, Phantom, dear. Just so that's perfectly clear.

I'll second his question though.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #74
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just so we're perfrectly clear: Lovers are the only ones who are NOT allowed to reveal their true role (at least that's all I can see after being awake for about five minutes ). False revealments will be allowed....maybe...I don't know right at this current moment.

ALSO. I totally forgot about this earlier. THERE WILL BE NO DOUBLE LYNCHES WHATSOEVER. If there is a tie, it will be the last person to have recieved the vote (and yes, I will accept a vote at the DL).
Old 07-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #75
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So everyone can reveal aside from the lovers? All right then- supposing on the first day I pipe up and say, "Everyone reveal who you are." Everyone aside from the lovers reveals. Bang, we instantly know who three wolves and their three lovers are, not to mention that Ares would have no choice but to reveal as a role filled by someone else, meaning that we would have our choice in Ares narrowed down to two individuals.

The only way to avoid this would be for all three lover-wolves and their lovers to reveal as other roles, but again that would still narrow our choices down considerably, and perhaps based upon gender and logical pairings etc we could make a better than 50/50 guess at who was lying.

And of course everyone with an uncontested role would be entirely trusted at that point, and know better how to use their gifts. Is my scenario ignoring some obvious fact? I haven't had very much time to examine the mechanics or village make-up, so possibly I'm way off base?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #76
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yup, Phantom's back.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #77
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

He definitely is....

In other words, I'm not even going to touch that one.

EDIT: Group consensus say 2am EST, so that is what it shall be! That means if there are any last minute singups, do it now as you have 9 hours before opening narration goes up and Night 1 begins!

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-24-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #78
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Just so we're perfrectly clear: Lovers are the only ones who are NOT allowed to reveal their true role (at least that's all I can see after being awake for about five minutes ).
By true role do you mean Lover, or does it also include Wolf if they are one?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #79
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
By true role do you mean Lover, or does it also include Wolf if they are one?
Lover and Wolf. And as phantom so nicely put it, obviously this SHOULD apply to everyone. However, if someone reveals or false reveals, I'm not stopping it. Makes it more fun!

EDIT: Also forgot to mention the, Sherrif's are also NOT ALLOWED to reveal. Okay, I think we're covered

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-24-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #80
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Just a quick note:

I will be sending you your roles within the next few hours so keep an eye out and please keep your inbox empty! So, when I said 2am for signups, I lied. Oops, I forgot that I had to send you all your roles.

Second note, even though you are all veterans, I'll make a reminder: please put yourself to invisible between now and the next 7 hours.

Third note: I may be a TEENSY bit late with the opening narrations. However, seeing as it IS Night 1 and there will be no deaths, I will NOT extend the Night 1.

Now, due to the fact that I will be sending you your roles....

THIS THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR SIGNUPS

This thread will now only be used for those playing in the game and myself. Please notify everyone here of any absenteeism and RL type discussions. Also, if you need any clarification on any roles or rules or have any questions, please SEND ME A MESSAGE. Due to the fact that everyone has a role in this game, I would like to make things less obvious for people when there are role clarifications (also thus eliminating a bit of meta-reasoning from the game). Good luck to all players!