The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #121
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I do not understand all these complaints of Éomer's silence. For even though he speaks seldom, his speeches are long and tell what he is thinking. One does not need to talk all the time in order to contribute to the discussion," he said, smiling a bit self-ironically.

"Now, maybe I should say a word or two about each of you. Of Éomer I have already spoken and I will only add that I find him relatively innocent-looking. My mind is not troubled by his actions, but I'm not ready to trust him either.

His cousin Théodred then... In Eregion, he seemed like an honest man, but now I'm not too sure. Something in his late manner troubles me, but I can not tell what exactly. Yet he remains on the list of those I trust the most in this company. Maybe it is only his quick agreeing with Lady Galadriel that troubles me.

The lady herself has an innocent presence, but some of her words today have made me raise my eyebrows, mostly because of their aggressiveness or hastiness. I do not like the way she accuses me and Iarwain Ben-adar.

I do not mean to claim I find Iarwain innocent-looking. In fact, there's something very troubling in his presence. He reminds me of a treacherous Dwarf of Nogrod I met very recently. (Now, what words did I utter? Recently? From Nogrod? Nay, I believe it has long lied in ruins. How time passes...) Yet I'm not ready to send him away on such flimsy grounds...

Speaking of flimsy grounds, I think that's what Lord Elrohir is basing his accusations on. His actions trouble me to a certain extent, but I'm actually not finding him traitor-looking.

Another one I'm not finding suspicious is Radagast. His presence is so kind and honest that it is impossible to think bad of him. If he's a traitor, he's the foulest of them all.

Dáin, too, is very honest-looking. Some of his arguments I find odd and disagree with, but his overall manner is more that of an innocent than that of a traitor.

Halbarad the Ranger is an enigma. His behaviour is at times very suspicious, but a shadow crosses my mind every time I think about lynching him. I have a bad feeling both about him and lynching him.

I do not like the way Lobelia pursues him. She looks like a traitor who has found a good victim. And Saruman must have told her that it is unfortunately very easy to gain my trust by trusting me, for she seems to be following that pattern of action all too fluently. I suspect her, but I'm not truly ready to lynch her on these grounds.

Last but not least, Uglúk has been avoiding my attention. But he feels quite innocent for an Orc so I'll let him be for a while."

Gildor laughed, but there was a stony edge to his laugh. "See?" he asked. "This is what I think of you: no one seems very suspicious, yet three of you are traitors for sure." He shook his head, smiling grimly. "If I was to guess, I'd think the traitors were among Iarwain, Galadriel, Lobelia, Halbarad and Éomer."

He shadowed his eyes with his hand, looking to the distance. When he turned back to his companions, his fair face was troubled. "Already our time is running out, and we are merely struggling in the bog of uncertainity."

edit: xed with Radagast, Dáin and Lobelia

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-27-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added an "it"
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #122
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Still, your manner and voice has changed, mistress Lobeila. Perhaps in council with your fellow traiters you thought that this might be the best thing to do, or you may have had a change of heart, who knows, but the fact still remains that your manner has changed. I will not hide my scrutiny under fancy words and double talk, it is you who I suspect the most at the moment, but it the day is not yet over and perhaps a traitor will make a mistake for us to act on."

EDIT: X'd with Gildor

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-27-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Capitilazation
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #123
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Why, lord Elrohir, did you cast your vote for Uglúk?
"I can ask for this question as well, but for different reasons than Eomer. Past history aside, lord Elrohir, I will not ask you to explain what had happened to your family by Orcs, so painful as it would not be wise nor kind, and I fear cloud judgement. Though, if there is any reason aside from this please let us know, for I am willing to hear it without prior judgement and only concern. I cannot think upon this without honest words, hopefully."

Edit: Bolding

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-27-2008 at 12:10 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lobelia shook her head silently. No matter what she did, there was always someone who found her unpleasant. She couldn't understand it.

"Gildor, I understand you have had much dealings with Bilbo Baggins. I wonder if he hasn't told you that if I suspect someone has something to hide, I go after them the same way, no matter if I have something to hide myself or I don't.

"But I agree about your possible list of traitors, only excluding myself.

"Master Dáin, I know I am different than in Hollin. But it doesn't mean anything - except that "the first day", as some people would call it, is over, and I have formed opinions about you so that I don't have to provoke so much reactions anymore.
I hope a traitor makes a mistake, because it would be a pity indeed to receive the vote of such a noble dwarf!"
Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
After a few detours Tom was finally reaching the company when the sun was already setting. He hadn't heard but a fraction of what had been said as he had wandered a bit farther he had thought he would and almost gotten lost. He noticed the wizard Radagast whom he had known for ages and with whom he shared his passion to nature and all things living. Tom asked him to fill him in with the Day's discussions. It would take a while, but then again only a while.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #126
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
"I had intended to vote early today, but my heart and mind do not speak clearly, or as one. I must think a while first."
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #127
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"There is much to be considered, and I have not the time now to give my vote for who to eject from our number. I will return after further deliberation." Theodred noticed, however, that one member of the fellowship had been ignored almost completely. Radagast had thrown suspicions toward others, but had been overlooked by the masses. Theodred hoped that when he returned to the company he [Radagast] would be considered more, as he knew that no one in the fellowship could be fully trusted. He took a last look at the group and walked away, determined to give some serious thought to Elrohir (whom, though he could not place his suspicions on anything solid, he suspected for his behavior thus far)

(OOC: back (hopefully) about 15 before DL)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Uglúk I don't dislike your vote
but I'm afraid it might be just a coat
to hide the lack of open reasoning,
that is totally lacking of seasoning.

Also Théodred seems to go on
with arguments relying on roles long gone.
If someone suspected Olorin the old
or was himself in trouble, truth be told,
there's nothing wrong in there.
But look at Théodred's words, which were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Théodred
disregarding Gandalf's importance in our company and making the cowardly choice to save his own hide.
I do dislike this kind of quasi-arguments
so easily shading speakers own alignments
and only pushing nearer to the edge
those who already stand on the hedge."

After voicing those first impressions Tom sat down and took his pipe.

"I need to think of other matters still a bit. Like this over-friendliness of yours my friend Radagast... I know it's in your nature but something just feels offbeat in your overall smoothness. I know you can be more edgy when it's needed. And I think we'd need that edge right now..."

And he went on filling the pipe humming quietly as he did. But he clearly was back in life once again and focused. The walk had clearly done good to him.

EDIT: X'd with Halbarad & Théodred
Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #129
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I feel it shadowing me again. The stubborn spirit of us Exiles and the narrow-mindedness of my high people. I voiced some half-hearted suspicions earlier and now they're already affecting the way I read people. I do not like it. I would prefer to hear what people say first and then determine if they are suspicious, not decide they're suspicious first and then hear what they're saying. Why is this curse following me? Acknowledging it is not breaking it..." Gildor wailed, looking up to the sky. "Oh Elbereth, guide my thought well." But only Arien shone back to him, the stars of Varda were hidden to him.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #130
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"How difficult it is to discuss when on a journey! Everybody just uses their energy in walking instead of talking..." Lobelia frowned. "I don't have much to say right now, and my earlier opinions about people still hold. At the moment I think I am probably going to vote for Halbarad."
Old 03-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #131
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"My dear elf, Arien is beautiful as well but soon fading and the stars of Varda will come... sooner than we might wish I say."

Tom looked at Gildor first quizzically but then gave him an encouraging smile.

"We are here to fulfill our duty set us by the Council. No more, no less."

He puffed his pipe and then looked around the others.

"One thing I might request from you, all of you. Do realise that the presence of the Ring may turn even the wisest head around. So stop referring to anyone what they had been earlier when you knew them without the presence of the Ring. The Ring can chance men and elf alike... even wizards... not to talk of dwarves or orcs. It has power to change anyone of you so don't talk of what someone has been before this mission but only rely on what they say and how they act now."

X'd with Lobelia
Old 03-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #132
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
He noticed the wizard Radagast whom he had known for ages and with whom he shared his passion to nature and all things living. Tom asked him to fill him in with the Day's discussions. It would take a while, but then again only a while.
Radagast had wondered why Iarwain had left so swiftly, but he let it go knowing that it was no more in his nature than his own love for spending whole days listening to birds. With a collected sigh and smile he began to explain what little he already understood of other's true intentions, and whom Iarwain should respond to as they had questions about his previous actions.

" As is to be expected and understood, most in the company still find your ways confusing, but speak with them honestly and they should see that it is but the way of your - nature, if you pardon the choice of words...", Radagast said with a slight smile, since he knew Iarwain would find it silly but true.

" Though, there are those in the company who have grown worried about you who do know you well. Gildor so far has kept his reasoning steady, and wonders whether you are hiding something in your songs, but he wishes you to explain more of this clearly so he will not regret acting without reason. I think this is wise, for we cannot afford more mistakes or losses. Our river of suspicion has grown wide enough.

Ugluk has left to find provisions so that we may not go hungry and cold this evening, but he has voted for you to leave. I do hope he will explain his reasoning when he returns, although I respect him because I respect Curunir's wisdom, I cannot help to wonder if he acts so justly. We are all waiting for lord Elrohir to explain his vote, others may have their own reasons, but mine is concern that we make no mistakes over it.

Our strong Lobelia has kept to her judgement as always, and although it may seem unfair, I see no planned malice in them, only a need to have others be forthright. As for Halbarad, he seems to be in other's eyes as much an enigma as you are, but like Lady Galadriel he has changed in his judgement and said so. He still appears somewhat reserved to me, but I can't find the reason to punish him for being honest about his vote.
There is far more others can tell you themselves, for I am afraid I never studied the way of reading others' thoughts but only their honesty if they mean so."

He ended his recollections with a small shrug and hoped that Iarwain in his wisdom could dispel any doubt.

Quote:
I know it's in your nature but something just feels offbeat in your overall smoothness. I know you can be more edgy when it's needed. And I think we'd need that edge right now..."
"Aye, it is true. I learned quite a bit to be stern from the Beornings, but I am afraid if anything I am lost in my decision. If the traitors feel confident about anything, I guess they will be even happier knowing that I am generally lost in suspicions. Though, the time has come for me to be a bear, so to speak. "

Radagast didn't literally turn into a bear, he knew all too well Gandalf would have him by the beard later if he used such abilities, but he decided to appear more in thought and tone like one.

" Like others I have grown concerned over Elrohir's light judgement, but he has explained already that this was what it was. Thankfully he is willing to put aside voting Ugluk just because he is an Orc, and concentrate on any other more rational choices. Like I've said before, I may not entirely agree with the actions of Halbarad earlier, but I cannot simply vote for him because he gave a reason for his vote of Gandalf when we asked him. It is quite a lot more than others have given in their criticism.

Lord Theodred, I respect your natural suspicions, but I believe Bombadil was clear when he said that I was making little grounds in the way of open suspicion. So far I have been unable to make up my mind about anything for certain, and I see no reason for me to openly attack others so I can here what I want, not what I need for a vote. I need not prey on others to feel confident about my own inabilities. I am afraid you are beginning to sound like Elrohir did yesterDay, but I hope you can give reasoning behind this as he has.
If you believe I am spreading suspicion, please remind me where I said I accused a direct person in the company. I am willing to speak with you about this only if you wish to further explain.

I am worried over Ugluk's vote, and simply hope he may return to explain it. I don't think he will be back in time before the voting deadline unfortunately, so I will wait.

I understand Galadriel's reasoning behind her previous vote, but I think it wise if she speak more on toDay's matters, for I would like to hear more from her."

Edit: x-ed with Bombadil, Theodred, and many more.

Edit: Bolding.

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-27-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #133
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tom realised there was preciously little time in comparison to how slow he used to think - and how he needed to puff his pipe every once in a while - and how soon the sun would set that he decided to voice every suspicion or thought that came to him as soon as it came. He didn't care to rhyme them anymore as he'd need the time for thinking the next thought.

And so hew began with calling the fair lady Galadriel.

"My dear lady Galadriel, the carrier of wisdom, you spoke so soon after the terrible murder was uncovered and with such length and eloquence one might think you had it prepared beforehand – which you couldn’t have done unless you knew there was a place for such a speech in the first place… I do not wish to underestimate your prowess in learning and thinking, do not misunderstand me my lady, but there was something too ready and prepared in that first speech of yours this Morning even an elf-queen would not be able to do without some foreknowledge. It really bothers me now as I noticed it.”
Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #134
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
"I am at a loss", said Éomer. "I do not know yet who to vote, and already evening draws near. Like I said earlier, I fear lord Radagast and what he might be hiding beneath his fair mask, but hesitate to drive him away without more proof.

"Though I have given much thought to the ranger Halbarad, I still do not know how to think about him. There seems to be something going on around him, if he is not a traitor then I suspect one of his accusers is. I do not know. I will think through once more what has been said about him, and what he has said.

"There is something sinister in how Mistress Lobelia talks, though her arguments are generally good and sensible. She has become more controlled and more careful, and I do not like the change. She explains it very reasonably, but something just does not sit right with her.

"Of the others I have nothing to add to what I have said before. Like I said I do not know who I am going to vote. I guess it will be a choice between Radagast, Lobelia and possibly Halbarad, depending on the result of my thinking. I am still a little uneasy about both Galadriel and Elrohir, but will probably leave them alone at least until tomorrow.

EDIT: x-ed with two Toms and a Radagast
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #135
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
"I earlier expressed my suspicion of Elrohir for his unmotivated vote of yesterday. Several of us have asked for some explanation, and he has given none. If Master Elrohir fails to provide a reasonable explanation within the next hour, I will vote that he be expelled from the Company."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #136
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dain cried aloud in joy when he saw Tom Bombadil frolicking back towards them from his long walk.

"I'm glad that you have come back to us the night is almost upon us we have an hour to decide our vote. I will express my concerns now before I think about my vote.

"Theodred seems to be alright to me right now, I haven't really focused on him, since nothing strikes me as suspicious about him, but I will ponder his words and examine them more closely.

"Lobelia's change is disturbing to me. It looks like she was testing every member of the fellowship yesterDay for weaknesses that could be used against them and then singled Halbarad out when people started suspecting him.

"Eomer, is looking better to me, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with his answer. Indeed it seems like he focused more on accusing others than clearing his name.

"Gildor, I have no problem with. Very inciteful; very helpful too.

"Halbarad, he's a very quite figure, but has spoken enough for me to have an opinion of him. He's on my list of suspicious characters, but he is at the bottom of it. His defence is an fair one and indeed if he is a traiter than he is a sloppy one.

"Radagast, I have no opinion of yet, as Theodred said we seem to have passed him entirely in our calculations. Let me examine his words before I offer further incite on him."

With that Dain walked away from the company and walked by himself for a little bit. He would speak less now, but his ears where always open.

EDIT: X'd with Bombadil, Radagast, Bombadil, Eomer, and Halbarad

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-27-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #137
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"And I don't know about you Halbarad the ranger. First you felt suspicios, then less so and now once the tide is slowly turning again in my mind - as I start to wonder why I felt you not so suspicious in the end of that cursed first Day of our trip. But I can't see you planning these treacherous acts together with lady Galadriel as it would be too attention-grabbing... But whatever way this all goes in the end there's something that focuses around you in many ways - like Eomer here stated - and after something happens we may see what there was. Whether it be you gone or one of your lead-suspicioners turning out a traitor."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #138
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

[quote=Nogrod;551428]"My dear lady Galadriel, the carrier of wisdom, you spoke so soon after the terrible murder was uncovered and with such length and eloquence one might think you had it prepared beforehand – which you couldn’t have done unless you knew there was a place for such a speech in the first place… quote]

"This is a good point. I may renew my suspicions of Galadriel, to whom I have perhaps not given enough attention today. I hope you are not trying to lead us astray, Bombadil."

Halbarad looked shrewdly at the old fellow and pondered what Gildor had said about Bombadil earlier. Was there something darker to Bombadil? He was not sure.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #139
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"Masters Bombadil and Halbarad, I do not see anything that suspicious about lady Galadriel's early start. If she had been too deep in thought to concentrate on the last part of the discussion in Hollin, why could she not prepare her speech beforehand? I do not think it necessarily indicates any certain foreknowledge.

But on the other hand, I find her speech something a traitor might wish to use against her - just because it is possible to do so."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #140
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"I find it weird how Éomer gradually drifts from mentioning that Radagast's evilness wouldn't be noticed to saying that he is one of those he considers voting today. It is definitely odd and I do not like it."

Gildor cast a thoughtful look at the ascending Arien. "There is not much time, yet we all seem confused, and some of us have been very silent. Where now is Lady Galadriel? I would like to hear her opinions on things."

He paused to cast an inquisitive look at a lemming that was eyeing him. When he next talked, it seemed more like he was talking to the creature than his companions. "And whoever said that either Halbarad or at least one of his accusers is guilty, I agree with him. But I'm not sure I want to try to find it out by lynching him... yet."

Gildor then truned to Lobelia and Iarwain. "You two are my main suspects at the moment, I'm afraid, but I would not like to see either of you sent home for feeble reasons.

It remains an open question who I will vote."

edit: xed with Halbarad and Lobelia
Old 03-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Even if our spicy little hobbit will dislike what I say I must say that I'm a bit uneasy with your enthusiasm Daín... I'm just afraid of too much trust.

I will join master Halbarad's dislike for Elrohir's presence. And even if I can't say I trust the ranger's innocence any more than I do with anyone of you.

If you say we can't do it as his brother was just murdered cold-blood I'd turn that very unhelpful argument back to that Elrohir might better go home if not for any other reason than just to make sure even one from the house of Elrond gets back safe and sound."

Tom seemed to stop for a moment but then got back to his senses.

"I could vote for Galadriel or Elrohir. Those might be my first choices right now. I might vote some others I have spoken already toDay as well but I need to think them a bit more."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #142
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"It's also interesting to see how certain people jump on half-defending lady Galadriel, half-turning the suspicion of her to be a suspicious act itself as soon as some believable suspicions have been raised against her. That's good indeed as all these twists increase the probability of the next sending away from the fellowship and the possible Nightly act of murder will start telling us things."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"Master Bombadil, this very same person thought right after hearing lady Galadriel's speech that she wouldn't be surprised if it was used against her by a traitor, and that is why the half-defense. She is not certain about Galadriel's innocence, quite the contrary, but if she sees something she finds a bad reason to accuse of, she will definitely comment on it."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #144
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Ahh, but it's not a bad reason. Indeed it seems like the best one I've come forwards this far - which might be because I was lost in the woods myself thinking other things than this mission most of the Day. Sure.

But one has to know that such an act takes place and it doesn't take you yourself with it. That's what I'm looking at there. She knew nothing bad would happen to her and thence she could prepare her speech in advance.

As soon as you give me a better case I'm ready to follow. But now I would probably favour sending the dear lady back to Lothlorien.

Gah, the straightest route for her would be to accompany us..."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #145
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
to that Elrohir might better go home if not for any other reason than just to make sure even one from the house of Elrond gets back safe and sound."
"It is not so much unhelpful as Elrohir said himself earlier that his thoughts would be few after the event of such a thing and that he needed time. If he wished to return home he might say more on this, but I think it pity-seeking of others to force words into his mouth."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #146
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"My lord Gildor", said Éomer, "what you said about my thoughts about lord Radagast is understandable. I would hope, however, that you would take into account the thinking I have done between my speeches. I cannot have done all my thinking out loud in order to let others have a say as well. The more I think about Radagast, the more uneasy I am with him. I hope that cleared my words.

"I have thought about Halbarad and find him more suspicious now. His behaviour in the last minutes of the dreadful day was definitely fishy. I do not have the time for straight quotations or specification, for already the sun is setting.

"My vote will go to Lobelia, Halbarad or Radagast. I am still torn."

EDIT: x-ed with Lobelia, Tom and Radagast
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #147
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"The suspicion of Galadriel is due to the uncertainty that we are in," Dain said again when hearing Bombadil's words. "Indeed even you say that Galadriel and Elrohir would be the first for you to vote out, both of which are not here to defend themselves."

Dain went back to his own thoughts, but turned back as if something had just jogged his memory. "I don't know how my mistrust of Lobelia could be called as enthusiasm I expressed my concern of her change of mood from the beginning, but I have not singled her out. I said that I would ponder everyone's words and I find her suspicious. I do agree with you however about being to fond of trust."

EDIT: X'd with Radagastt and Eomer
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #148
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

"The evening draws on ever swifter, and only vote has been cast. I fear the frenzy of the last moment, for all too frequently it produces a bad kill. I do not wish to get involved in such a frenzy, so I shall vote now. I vote that

++Elrohir

be sent home, for he is either a traitor hiding behind the shield of family tragedy, or an innocent whose unreasoning hate makes him dangerous as well."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #149
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"Tom, making a speech doesn't take so much effort that one wouldn't do it even if she wasn't sure whether she would survive the collision. But let's not argue about it now."

edit: xed with Halbarad
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #150
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Wake up Radagast my friend! We have no time to this kind of thing anymore. Are you trying to force me to stand up against you after I have voted my dearest friend and your kin out? Try to be more constructive - or are you not interested? Because the traitors are safe at the moment so it's just fine whoever of the top-candidates right now get sent away and you don't feel any urgency to bring in your own thoughts about the vote?

I need some puffing of my pipe right now."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #151
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
"I need some puffing of my pipe right now."
"No!" Dain cried in anger, running over to the rest of the fellowship, "We need action! The Sun is nearly set and half of our minds are not made up. I'm not sure about the rest of you but I'm going with the one who looks the most suspicious on my list. Please hurry the night is almost upon us!"

++Lobelia
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"Iarwain, you said:
Quote:
Because the traitors are safe at the moment so it's just fine whoever of the top-candidates right now get sent away
and I did not quite get it. How so? Do you happen to know that none of the top candidates is guilty?...

I brought back to my mind Galadriel's early words and they indeed seemed somewhat fishy. I might vote her, or Iarwain, or Lobelia and I should have made my mind up already..."

edit: xed with Dáin
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #153
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I somehow don't like the way this hobbit continues defending the lady... especially the way she makes a point and then says let's not discuss this any more. It feels wrong and fishy in athe way it's executed. But so do most of you feel bad to me right now..."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #154
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

"I have to vote now, so

++ Lobelia

it will be. Further reasoning coming tomorrow, time is pressing. Gildor has to speak his mind as well."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #155
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"I didn't say anymore, I said now. 15 minutes before nightfall is not the right time to argue about something like that."

edit: xed with Éomer.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #156
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Do you happen to know that none of the top candidates is guilty?...
"Don't play an ignoramus my friend. It was a specualtion why he'd feel secure if his allies were safe right now - and you know it was a speculation. So why ask the question if there wasn't another agenda behind it?"
Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #157
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"I think what Lobelia is doing might be a traitor defending an innocent in order to look good... but I do not know..."

edit: xed with tom
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #158
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"Or an innocent defending someone who is attacked with feeble grounds."
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #159
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
"Don't play an ignoramus my friend. It was a specualtion why he'd feel secure if his allies were safe right now - and you know it was a speculation. So why ask the question if there wasn't another agenda behind it?"
"Now stop that, good sir! I'm afraid i did not understand what you said but for Elbereth's sake let's not solve this now for I should be rather thinking about who I will vote...!"

edit: xed with Lobster
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #160
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"In my opinion it's not feeble gorunds."