The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #41
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
For Rikae and me, one week later is not a problem. Even two weeks wouldn't be.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #42
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hmm... and what about the others?

I thought about this somehow. In general, the options we have before us are these:

1. We start now (let's say on Wednesday evening) with probably 10 people. Nogrod won't be around from Friday till Monday, this means less people in these days (unless Nogrod is lynched or killed the first Day/Night, in that case there'll be no difference). I would certainly not like to see that, because especially with such a low number of players and given the nature of the game, absence of one person totally destroys the game. The other possibility will be a variation: to start now and then do a break on the Midsummer. Which sounds quite strange, but if you wanted to, it's also a possibility.

2. We start next week (let's say on Monday evening?) with as much people as we collect till then (though I'm not having any illusions, but who knows). For this speaks quite a lot of things, first the Midsummer won't go in the way and second, from Monday afternoon I'll be also completely free from all my other obligations. Setbacks? If we gather too much people and the game will be too long, the specter of my departure to a place with less internet access will be upon us.

3. We wait till even later. For this speaks: probably gathering quite a lot of people, including Aganzir, maybe even Volo or whoever else. But we will be totally at mercy of my internet access, which may end in complate disaster and wash-out of the Mod if I realize that I won't have any internet access. I don't know how it goes, but if such a terrible fate befell us, I might as well not be able to mod till some time in August (!) which is, of course, totally silly.

Some have already spoken on that matter. Now what do you others think?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #43
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm all for starting as soon as possible. I'm just squeezing a game in before the profs go full-on sadistic.

And truth be told, I'd prefer a smaller village. Large ones tend to get too tiring for the players. But Legate's right - 10 is too much!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #44
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Surely, but I think what Nogrod proposed is a nice idea. It's up to players how it will form: but if people post in-character, I think given the current numbers others will "catch the environment" and join them...
I don't have a problem with in-character-ness...hardly. But I do have a problem with 'if you're not taking the game 'seriously' enough, you should be lynched.'

I'm fine for starting whenever, though I will back out of the game if my playing style does not suit. Though really I can't tell you how I'll play. Depends on my mood.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #45
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm going to spend the next week (June 20-27) in Hungary, and won't have net access there. The first day I could play is June 28, but missing one day or so wouldn't be too bad I think. So if you start on 26th, 27th or even 25th, I think I could play (depends on whether the game starts with Day or Night phase).

I think you probably will have enough players before that, but I won't have a chance to come to the Downs anymore before I return, and that's why I'm saying this now. So if the game should start on 26th or 27th (or 25th with a Night phase), take this message as a sign up
Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #46
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
10 is definitely not large enough. I would really prefer there to be 14 or 15 of us before starting.

I don't have any changes coming up in my schedule right now, so I can wait another week (or more) in order for us to get enough people. But if we do start next week...well, I know how my luck goes. No one better kill me on my birthday or I WILL haunt you!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #47
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Speak for yourself!
No, actually, he's right. I suppose it isn't a problem to start next week.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #48
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I think there has been one game where the role-playing aspect got pretty far - not all the posts but on Day4 or something most of the posts were still in kind of in-character (that was Glirdy's game). It was no-nonsense but actual playing through from within the roles by everyone (well, most of us). I really enjoyed that one and would like to have another try of that here... And we really tried to make a difference there... and fought fiercely against any lazy ideas...
And that was a very nice game indeed... But you have to mention that it's a special game!

...in Sleepy's game (the one after Glirdan's) I got Fenrisfised because of talking nonsense (i.e. roleplaying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
Surely, but I think what Nogrod proposed is a nice idea. It's up to players how it will form: but if people post in-character, I think given the current numbers others will "catch the environment" and join them...
Not works! You'll have to emphasise that "roleplaying is compulsory"! Otherwise the in-characternessness won't last even till the end of Day1. (as shown in countles of games) Players tend to go for the easier solution, which is not write RP posts, if they don't absolutely have to.

But it would be great to have one of those RP-WWs again, especially if there are so few players. (It does pain me even more that I will stay out of this. And of course, since I'm not playing, I shouldn't be allowed to vote for the rules.)

Though, I might be able to join the game in July, or I might give some co-mod assistance if you, Legate, have problems with getting to a computer.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #49
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Oh, sorry for not pointing this out earlier:

I won't be here from Friday until Sunday.

That is all.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #50
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sting

Okay, so in general, this far it looks like the best for everyone will be the variant 2 quite obviously. Therefore, I would propose the following: starting Night 1 on Monday 25th 8 PM GMT, while everyone except Aganzir will be present (unless some of those who did not speak yet will state otherwise). This will mean starting Day 1 on 26th 8 PM GMT. And while Night 2 will be going from (for us Europeans) evening 27th to evening 28th, Aganzir will have enough time to catch up with the game (briefly read the thread, eventually nightly activities if she had any) and on Day 2 she could join the game with no problems.

I'll post the start date at the beginning of the thread (and maybe also as a note on the game thread, where it will be more visible). This way it will be considered "official" from now on. But of course, if anyone has any objections against it, the discussion is still open. Otherwise, see you on the 25th.

And, please, send your short bios to me as soon as possible. At least a day before the start, please, so that I can make something of them. The game roles will be sent in about 12 hours before the start of Night 1.

And still, if anyone has any other questions concerning the game, feel free to post them on this thread.

The prologue to the game (as seen on the game thread) is thus far closed. The following narration will come right before Night 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Not works! You'll have to emphasise that "roleplaying is compulsory"! Otherwise the in-characternessness won't last even till the end of Day1. (as shown in countles of games) Players tend to go for the easier solution, which is not write RP posts, if they don't absolutely have to.
Well, it will be indeed nice to have full-roleplay WW, and I think this one almost calls for it... but I'm not sure if all the people indeed wanted it. Looking at the table this far, maybe yes, from how I know most of you... The ones I don't know about much are xyzzy and Isabell who were, or so I thought - maybe wrong - more interested in WWing itself (but roleplaying does not exclude it!). It's fact that for example I know Shasta surprised me the first time we played together with very, very good in-character posts... maybe there are more hidden talents here...?

I don't want to come up with the despotic idea Volo brought just out of the blue, but if the voice of the people is more agreeing, I may bring in the "compulsory roleplaying" idea. But that's what I said even in the opening post - I know how distracting it may be. But it's true as well, that if you submerge to it, the game gets totally different quality and it surely is worth it. The question is, if you want to - or at least more "want to" than "want not".
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #51
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Sorry, Legate. I didn't sign up because I was away last weekend and will be otherwise engaged next weekend.

That said, even if you don't start 'til next week, I think that I need to take a short break. I am just not up to back-to-back Werewolfing these days, what with pesky distractions like family, work etc.

As for role-playing, despite being the one who introduced in-game roles when modding Werewolf the Second, compulsory and extended role-playing is not really my bag. It takes me long enough to write most WW posts without having to structure them as narratives as well. I am one of those who likes the in-character banter as a Day 1 distraction, but then prefers to get into the serious business of interminable and lengthy analysis ...

That's not to say it isn't worth doing if those who are playing are comofrtable with it, although you need to make clear that there a Werewolf game with role-playing is an entirely different thing to a Downs RPG and that they are governed by completely different rules and conventions, so as to avoid any risk of confusion.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #52
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I say we do go for the compulsory Role-play... it's fun (I was there in Glirdy's game and really enjoyed it).

But every slip from it should be understood and not judged too badly. There are situations where the going gets too rough (like the last minute votes etc.) to maintain a roleplaying thing on. So how about we say this is an RPG-style WW-game but that no one is penalised if they forget to stay on the RPG-mode every now and then?

And I do hope that writing from behind the role does not make an excuse to post only "laadidaa"-posts - the perfect cover for a wolf... One can actually play the game quite analytically being "in-character" as well. And that's what I hope to see.

And yes I think the idea of starting this game on Monday is a good decision. Let's get a few more players before that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Speak for yourself!
Now isn't this cute?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #53
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Too bad you prioritise your distractions over Werewolf, SpM. I would have loved the opportunity of playing with you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
It takes me long enough to write most WW posts without having to structure them as narratives as well.
Exactly the reason I would rather we have a small band of outlaws. If we want to stick to the roleplaying format as much as we can while remaining loyal to the Werewolf game aspect, having plenty of people to analyse won't really help in that. Personally 12 to 13 players should do it for me. (That's more or less how few the players were in the first few games, right?)

Oh, and if it matters, I'm perfectly fine with the starting date.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #54
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Aganzir asked me to say that she just realized she will be away from the 29th to 30th, so if the game begins before the 27th, she can't probably play.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #55
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Argh...crap...I'm so stupid...I leave for Europe on July 2nd! >_< >_< >_<

Ergh, grah, my God, I am so sorry...I have to pull out of the game... >_<

Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #56
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't have any problems with starting times, unless of course it starts in August, then I will have to pull out. However I see the game starting waaay before that.

I don't particularly mind role-playing, my biggest problem always seems to be when it comes to actually choosing and getting into character. I have played one once before and it was decently fun.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #57
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
just a heads up, i'm going camping 28th-30th so thats 3 days i'm out
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #58
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh no, we're supposed to gain people, not lose them!

Well, you can count on me Legate, since for the next month, I will have nothing better to do than WW (or perhaps I do...I would just rather not ).
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #59
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I have no reason to exist for the next couple of months... some goal-orientated behaviour would do me good. Sign me up, Mr Leg!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #60
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I have no reason to exist for the next couple of months... some goal-orientated behaviour would do me good. Sign me up, Mr Leg!
Great! At least someone. Welcome, tgwbs!

...anyone else? Gah, we could have had 12 or 13 people if someone didn't back off... *traitors*
Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #61
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'm fine with playing until I have to leave, but what then?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #62
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm still here.

And, much like Brinniel, count me in for any time.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #63
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'm fine with playing until I have to leave, but what then?
Well unless you make some sort of pact with Aganzir that you pass your role to her, then I think the only solution for you will be to get killed or lynched in the first few days, which is not as improbable, however if we were to count on it, it's still nothing much.

But seriously, I think if you know you won't be in the game later, you can't experience the game fully because you know either way you're not here till the end.

It's bad so many people cannot play now, and I know many would like to, but can't. *scratches head* How much optimistic we are with getting at least 12 or 13 people until Monday? If we had really problems with getting enough people, I could delay the game and then could start on 10th July. Pretty drastic. But maybe some people who cannot play now could play then? Would be such a delay legit?

I surely don't want to delay the game to rob players of the fun (I'm sure everyone who signed up is eager to play), but if this fun were to be reduced near nil (with 10 or 11 players at maximum), maybe it will be better to start later and wait for the time when there will be more players who can fully dedicate to the game. Not for the game itself, but for their fun. I don't want anyone to play just because he has to become a number, or play by arriving hectically to the computer once per day to make a post.

That does not mean I'm packing it yet. But the game is now scheduled to start exactly three days from now.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #64
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm....it's a tough choice. But I'd really hate to see this game delayed until July 10...that's a long ways away, and I've already been werewolfless for about a month (complete torture). And I fear we may lose more people if we wait that long.

I'm sure you've PMed potential players, right? Perhaps you should PM some members who have never played WW before; new players are always fun.

If we have to, I wouldn't mind playing with only 10 or 11 of us. As long as the roles are divided out fairly. (Three wolves would seem a bit much within such a small group, I think.)
Old 06-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #65
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Leggy, I suppose I should inform you...Macalaure and I won't be able to play after July 17th.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-22-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM   #66
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Hmm....it's a tough choice. But I'd really hate to see this game delayed until July 10...that's a long ways away, and I've already been werewolfless for about a month (complete torture). And I fear we may lose more people if we wait that long.

I'm sure you've PMed potential players, right? Perhaps you should PM some members who have never played WW before; new players are always fun.

If we have to, I wouldn't mind playing with only 10 or 11 of us. As long as the roles are divided out fairly. (Three wolves would seem a bit much within such a small group, I think.)
So I take it people are more for starting now even if we have few players? Hmm, maybe I'll find some people whom I haven't PMed this far. But if we don't find new people, the game will probably then be just fast, dramatic and deadly.

Combined with the roleplaying it may be even interesting...

In any case, if you want to start now, please send me these personalities of yours... otherwise you risk I'll portray you wrongly in the narration...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #67
Gil-Galad

i hate to say this, but i find myself getting more and more distant from the downs, i wil ltry to be more pridutcive during the game, but i am just saying that i may be a liability(there goes my gifted PM) so legate, as moderator, i give you the choice of either having me or letting me go
Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #68
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Dark-Eye

According to the planned schedule, the game is starting tomorrow, just something like 25 and half an hour from now.

Here is the last chance for you to object against the start of the game tomorrow.

Please bear in mind that we are on 10 people now. If I consider Gil-Galad as half, then 9 and half people. Unless you decide to stop the start of this game (you have one day to do that) or unless someone miraculously appears to join us, prepare for a fast and bloody game. (I'll possibly cut the number of the Wolves to two, then, to make it possible to win for the innocents).

Not many people have sent me their roles, so bear in mind that I may improvise on your behavior in the narrations (or find another solution). You can still do so, however.

The game roles will be sent to you right before the start of the game, in the last hour (so about 24 hours from now).

See you tomorrow.

EDIT: Maybe better: 11 people. Mith responded in a rather positive way to my invitation. Don't say you wouldn't've missed her.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #69
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Seeing such a small number is rather depressing, but what else can you do? The only solution I can think of to give everyone double roles. Haha...that'd be interesting (not to mention confusing).

Oops, I keep forgetting about my bio. I'll get to work on that right away, Legate.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #70
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hehe, double roles. That seems like a fun idea!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #71
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
Hehe, double roles. That seems like a fun idea!
No way.

One last thing to add. We have agreed that roleplaying will be compulsory in this game (and who does not like it, he should have said earlier - there was plenty time to do it). This means, you post in-character, but from a second-person point of view, i.e. describing what your character does and says, like
Quote:
Legate of Amon Lanc stepped forward. "I did not know he was innocent!" he shouted at Legate of Amon Rūdh.
Not
Quote:
I did not know he was innocent!
In last minute retraction frays, you may eventually skip it and post just votes (but it will be nicer to and maybe it will help you not to end in these last minute frays).

AND, since we are doing this, you should leave the smilies and your signatures out of the posts. With the signatures, you can either set it in your profile (in the "Options"), or you may check it individually at each post you make (it's down there under the "Addittional Options", "SHOW YOUR SIGNATURE", so you just un-check the box).

The roles will be sent out shortly...

From then on, no posting on this thread except for apologies for not participating due to RL reasons or game rules questions.

The night falls down...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
From then on, no posting on this thread except for apologies for not participating due to RL reasons or game rules questions.
So I managed it before the deadline... to just say I'm back and all in for the adventures of the outlaws.

With the roleplaying-element in I think a shorter game is preferable anyhow.

See you in-game then fellows!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #73
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Re Shortly....

Err have I missed "Shortly"? Leggie

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #74
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

1. Please apologies to everyone, I have to send yet the remaining PMs thus the start will be a few minutes later than announced. (But that has no effect on tomorrow's start).

2. Mith: Shortly? Nothing wrong if you still play with us, I hope? If yes, then turn invisible
Old 06-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #75
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, so just to emphasise, from now no other posting on this thread, except for absence explanations or general rules questions. If you have any personal questions, please feel free to PM me.

I also hope you are all in invisible mode now.

Day 1 starts tomorrow precisely at 8 PM GMT.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #76
Gil-Galad

Quote:

Day 1 starts tomorrow precisely at 8 PM GMT.
i said it before and i'l lsay it again, i will be gone for 3 days, so from thursday to saturday i am absent in the game... i could've sworen i mentioned this...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 AM   #77
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
i said it before and i'l lsay it again, i will be gone for 3 days, so from thursday to saturday i am absent in the game... i could've sworen i mentioned this...
But you can be here on Day 1 and then again on Day 3, so that's not such a big problem, I think...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #78
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry

I have just got a message that my Dad has been taken to hospital and is having tests . I will be going there shortly and will not be participating tonight. Whether I will be able to participate tomorrow will depend on the situation.

I am so sorry. If there is anyone who could take my place now before play starts ...then feel free. I will be here if I can but obviously I don't know what will happen.

Mithalwen.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #79
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Mith, I don't want to make matters complicated for you, so for peace of heart you may pull off if you wish. Or we might just let it go at least for now; if someone comes, then he may take your post for a while or for the whole game; if you return later, then you'll just miss a day or so. If not, then we'll simply play with one less person. So if you had another opinion, let us know. Hope everything will be okay with your dad.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #80
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

All the best wishes, and courage for you Mith!

Quote:
Mith, I don't want to make matters complicated for you, so for peace of heart you may pull off if you wish. Or we might just let it go at least for now; if someone comes, then he may take your post for a while or for the whole game; if you return later, then you'll just miss a day or so.
I think we should keep Mith in if no one will openly declare to replace her place. In the best occasion it's just a Day off.

I was just thinking of referring to those not present on any given Day (Mith on Day1 at least, Gil on Day2) as being our scouts to check the wilderness around us. Is that okay with you people?