User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #201
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
"What is the matter you ask?" Bordarigorn said. "Am I human or am I just called human? Who decides what is right or not. I can?t, you can't, the Easterlings can't and Sauron can't. Not even the Valar can. What is the point of life when there are no guidelines? It is madness I tell you."

Anuion stepped to the man and took him under his shoulders. He set the man on his feet and looked at him for a few seconds. Then, out of the blue, he slapped him hard in the face.

"Come on you little sissy. You are a man and you are called a man. If someone is planning to attack what is someone else?s, then he is wrong. That is not decided by someone, it just is. So stop thinking about questions where the answer is of no use to you. You won't life long enough for it to matter. Now get your stuff and let's get going. We are already behind." Anuion said harsh.

"Your probably right. Let's go." Bordarigorn said. Now smiling.

Anuion turned around and wanted to walk away.

"Oh and Anuion." Bordarigorn said kindly.

Anuion turned around and looked at Bordarigorn. Bordarigorn turned halfway and his hand struck Anuion's face.

"Never slap a human." Bordarigorn said smiling.

He took his stuff and walked alongside Anuion. Realizing how foolish he had been, he now laughed and they speeded up to get back some of the lost time. It should not be long now.
________
BUY SOLO VAPORIZER

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #202
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maeralagos came up beside Telpeheled as Anuion spoke to the human. They watched in silence as the Elf spoke harshly, finally slapping him across the face, only to have the favor returned a moment later. It was a startling display, yet it seemed to showcase how deep a friendship the man and Elf shared.

Maeralagos looked back at Telpeheled.

"Ready for another trial, my friend?"
Old 03-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #203
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Bordarigorn looked fiercely up at Telpeheled.
"What is the matter you ask? Am I human or am I just called human? Who decides what is right or not. I can’t, you can't, the Easterlings can't and Sauron can't. Not even the Valar can. What is the point of life when there are no guidelines? It is madness I tell you."

Telpeheled stepped back in the face of his vehemence, almost colliding with Maeralagos standing behind. Together they watched Anuion slap Bordarigorn, and Bordarigorn hit back. It's a novel way to do things, but I suppose it works! mused Telpeheled as Bordarigorn ran on, seeming to be back to his old self.

"Ready for another trial, my friend?" asked Maeralagos.
Telpeheled snorted. "There is nothing I would rather do less, but I suppose we continue. What else can we do?"

With a sigh he began to walk forwards, and then stopped.
"When this is over, I am leaving" he said suddenly, turning to face Maeralagos. "There is so much in this world I know nothing of. I have learnt so much on this journey. More than in the rest of my life. I have to find out more!"
His eyes were shining, then suddenly they clouded.
"I shall miss the Golden Wood" he continued softly. "And I shall miss your friendship, for that has been the best thing to come out of this mission."
Maeralagos smiled back, emotion shining in his eyes. Silently he patted Telpeheled's back.

Telpeheled paused, thinking, then smiled.
"Well, come on then. We must leave for my last ever battle!" So saying he began to run after Bordarigorn, Anuion and the others.

Sooner than he had expected he saw the first signs of trees in the distance. Speechlessly he stopped, just staring at the trees of his home. Serious doubts came into his mind about whether he would have the strength of will to ever leave it, the most beautiful place on Arda, he was sure.
Home! he thought joyfully Home, family and- He smiled, beautiful maidens. Perhaps I will introduce Maeralagos to Alenara, she is rather serious like him!
With renewed energy and speed he began again to run, ever catching up with Anuion and Bordarigorn in his haste. He turned to the man.
"I just want to tell you" he said slowly to conserve his breath "that I am proud to have done this with you. And I hope I have justified being brought along?"

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-05-2003, 10:21 AM   #204
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Anuion's elfen ears had caught up on the conversation and the part of Telpeheled saying that he was going to leave drew his attention. He walked slower and ran alongside Telpeheled for a while.

"You are leaving after this is over yes?" Anuion asked.

"Yes I am. I want to see the world, but I do think I will miss my home. Why did you leave?" Telpeheled asked surprised.

"I lived a thousand years in Mirkwood. I grew tired of the elves there. I wanted to see the other Kin's. The Dwarves, humans, Wizards and Hobbits. I never have regretted my decision one moment." Anuion said back." But that is not why I am talking to you. Going on a journey on your own is much more dangerous than you can imagine. Bordarigorn over there almost got himself killed by that. Why don't you tag along with us for a while, so you can grasp the fine arts of the outdoors?"

Telpeheled nodded, but did not answer. He had to think this over for a while. The group continued the up march and pitched camp in a rugged terrain with some grass. They where closing in on Lothlorien, but still no sign of any survivors. Anuion had first watch and Bordarigorn laid himself resting on a tree root. It was only seconds later that he received a kick from Telpeheled and a shout to wake up. The survivors came and their number was not small. Bordarigorn stood up and took out his weapons, but for the first time, with grief. He remembered the Easterlings on the hill and had trouble fighting these here now. He decided not too. He assembled the elves in a small circle.

"You saw those Easterlings on the hill. These are no more different. Just victims of war trying to escape. I say we don't fight, take the lives that we have and bring them save to Lorelindorenan." Bordarigorn suggested.

"But we had orders of the great king himself. Are you going to deny them?" Anuion asked.

"Yes I am. I have no king. The only king I have is the king of Gondor. And he is not yet in possession of his crown. But my father said that he would some day and I don't think that day is far off. But until that day, no I don't have a king. I'm going to hide from these men, although it is not my style. So you either fight or you don't, but those who fight will not do it under my command."

And with these words, Bordarigorn wrapped his elven cloak around him and laid still in under the roots. Soon Anuion accompanied him and the others did not wait as well. And so it happened that the Easterlings passed them by, gazing at the shadows, but not bothering to go see. And it was the next morning that commander Gabrielle found the human under a tree root fast asleep.

With a kick in his side Bordarigorn jumped up. He struck his head against the root and landed on the earth.

"You have some nerve missy. Who do you think you are? Didn't you see I was sleeping!" Bordarigorn snapped at the woman.

"You foolish Mortal. You let them get away. Your weak body could not spy those Easterlings and now they are out of our reach!" Gabrielle yelled.

"I might be a mortal, but I am human enough not to kill unarmed fleeing soldiers. They have homes just as you do and there is no reason to kill them. By the time that they reach their homeland, everybody will be gone and they will never join into Sauron's army again. I maybe do not life as long as you do, but you have a lot to learn about warfare. Now leave me be. Me and My companions will go to the Golden Wood when we thing the time is ripe and then head back to the cave to bury Durelin the brave." Bordarigorn said rubbing on his head.

And with these words, the two parted. The group headed out again and went to the Golden Wood, where a welcome party including the Lord and Lady where awaiting them.

"Why didn't you kill the survivors Bordarigorn?" Galadriel asked.

"It was not my duty to kill unarmed. And it never will be." Bordarigorn replied.

"You have passed the test good. To fight with bravery is good, but to show mercy is even more powerful. I shall grant you that. You are indeed a wise man. You are planning to bury Durelin the brave is it not" Galadriel asked.

"Yes m'lady." Anuion said.

"Then go."

The group went to the quarters that had been readied and took a good rest before heading out together one last time. Durelin had been moved and it took hem some time to find the corpse, but when they found and buried it, a burden fell of their shoulders. The elves chanted all day and night and Bordarigorn listened without missing a word. It was then that Telpeheled asked Anuion if he could come along. Of course this was approved and the three of them parted at the cave from the others. Bordarigorn gave them his blessing and headed out south to Rohan, followed by two fondly talking elves.
________
Honda Cbx

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:51 AM.