User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
Judge Simon
Wight

Judge Simon has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Middle Earth: Many Meetings

Jecht looked down the long road. The sun had already set and night was cvoming fast. He had traveled far and stil had far to go. But he did not want to go any further tonight. Across the road was a small tavern.he smiled at the thought of a good pint and walked over to it. The tavern was noisey. A busy noght apparently and good for him. No one would notice him as a stranger. Jecht swaggered over to the bar.
Jecht-Hey barkeep!
barkeeper-What?
Jecht-Give me a pint of your strongest.
The barkeeper slid Jecht a mug full of the strong ale. Jecht tossed him some coins and headed over a table by the fire. As he walked a large man stuck out his leg and tripped Jecht
Man: Watch where yer goin' half breed!
Jecht: Watch yourself you drunk...
Man: Hey dont you be tellin' me what to do.
The man stood up and bared his fists. Jecht laughed off the man's threat quietly. And then with out warning threw an uppercut to the man's chest. The man doubled over and Jecht threw a left and right hook to his head. The man fell over and his buddies took him away. Jecht smirked as the man had to be led away. Jecht fixed his coat and re-composed himself. He walked to the man's table and picked up the man's untouched drink and then with it walked over to a table nearest the fire. He took a seat and the crowd quickly returned to their own business. Jecht watched the crowd for a moment and then some one caught his eye....
Old 08-10-2002, 01:01 PM   #2
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

A figure wrapped in a grey cloak walked in. All you could see from the shadow of the cloak was the bright silver eyes.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Primrose has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Primrose walked along the protracted road. She looked back and saw the sunset over the hills and sighed in delight. The sunset was enchanting. Th colours gold, red and purple filled the whole mountain side. The hills were singing with beauty. Primrose turned back to the wroad the way she was walking and then realized had been walking for many hours and hadn’t had a good solid meal all day. So she decided she needed something to eat. Up ahead she saw a small tavern and went inside of it. She walked up to the bartender and asked him for a pint and a meal. She sat down with her pint and dinner at a near table. Many people were staring at her. I guess they don’t see many hobbits here. She sipped her pint and noticed an elfish man trying to warn off a local. It was an amusing site to see considering the drunk the man was trying to warn off was utterly disoriented. With out warning the elf threw an uppercut right into the drunk and walked away. Primrose quickly forgot about the elf that had just fought the drunk because some one else caught her eye. Something only wrapped in a grey cloth, she couldn’t really make out what the figure actually was. Primrose was about to go back and drink her pint, trying to forget about the mysterious figure, but then notice this mystery thing had bright silver eyes. Primrose’s eyes were fixated on the thing that had just walked into the tavern.

[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: Primrose ]

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:36 PM   #4
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Jecht leaned back in his chair. He sipped from the tankard as he watched this little halfling that had caught his eye. Rarely did he run into any. He wondered why a halfling was in a place like this. He walked over to her table.
Jecht: Any one else sitting here? Mind if I do? [he said and he seemed to have a smile in his dark grey eyes]
Old 08-10-2002, 04:53 PM   #5
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

Primrose watched the mysterious person very closely. Then a man walked in front of her blocking her view of the figure. When the man moved out of the way, the mysterious figure had gone.
“Any one else sitting here? Mind if I do?” The man that had walked in front of her was talking to her now. The little startled Hobbit spilt her drink.
“Oops,” Primrose blushed, “Sorry ‘bout that, you startled me. No one is sitting in that seat. Would you like to join me?”
“That is very kind of you to offer. Here let me buy you another drink.” The man called for a bartender, “and you said your name was.”
“’tis rude of me, not introducing myself to a very nice stranger, my name is that of Primrose Banks, from Rushey. And may I ask you yours?”

Old 08-10-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Jecht: You can call me Jecht, although sometimes I go by other names[he said sitting down] so what is a halfling such as yourself doing here?[Jecht said and then casually looked over his shoulder back at the grey shadow of a creature. There was a famliar something about it]
Old 08-10-2002, 09:04 PM   #7
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Kalia walked along the road, meaning to get away from her old life and start a new one. Along the way, she saw a tavern, and since it was late, she decided to ask for a room. She pulled her black hood over her face so as not to be seen and walked inside. Looking around, she saw that the bartender was busy serving a halfling and another elf, such as her. She looked away, seeing that one of them had looked her way. She made her way to the bar and ordered a pint once the bartender came back. She made her way to a table in the corner of the room and sat, so as not to be noticed. She pulled out a tattered old book from her pocket and began reading.

[ August 11, 2002: Message edited by: suicidal elf chick ]
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 08-10-2002, 10:38 PM   #8
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

The cloaked figure reveals her wild red and green hair and her silver eyes.

What appears to be a rope is around her belt.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:09 AM   #9
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Sting

Thengise was sitting in a corner with her cloak and hood on. She was an elf from Mirkwood who often ran away for she was the daughter of Legolas and therefore the princess. She looked around noticing other elves, a hobbit, and another girl with silver eyes. Thengise's green eyes glowed under the cloak and was the only thing to be seen of her face.
Old 08-11-2002, 06:06 AM   #10
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia's constantly changing eyes flashed out from under the lip of her hood, now gold, and now green. She looked around, noticing every little detail, like the halfling andthe elf were still talking, an elf with green and red hair, how unusual, and someone else surveying the room. She shrugged and went back to her book. About an hour later, she yawned and decided to go to her room to sleep. She walked over and was about to leave when she crashed into someone.
"I'm sorry," she mumbled. She looked up and saw...
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 08-11-2002, 05:55 PM   #11
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

“Pardon?” Primrose was daydreaming about home.

“I asked what is a halfling such as yourself doing here?” Jecht repeated him self.

“I am here looking for an adventure. I have nothing to do in Rushey so I set out a few days ago and just been following that road.” said Primrose. Then she noticed Jecht look over to the mysterious figure that had now taken off her cloke and had reveled oneself as an elf. It was unlike any elf that Primrose had seen. Primrose had not seen many elves in her life but she sensed it was different. Her hair was long and astonishing green streaks. She had a rope as a belt. The presences of her seemed anomalous (irregular) to Primrose.

Primrose looked back to Jecht and noticed he also was staring at the elf, “So you noticed the elf to.”

Jecht rocked back in his chair a bit for Primrose startled him. He was concentrating, trying to figure out who this elf was and why her presence felt all too familiar. He turned to Primrose “Do you happen to know who she is?”

“I have not the least bit of knowledge for I haven’t seen many elves in my duration. Do many elves look as this one does?’

“No, an elf maiden does not usually look like this.” Jecht looked puzzled, “I think I shall find out who this mystery elf is.” And with that Jecht excused himself from the table, picked up his pint and went in the direction of the elf.

[ August 11, 2002: Message edited by: Primrose ]

Old 08-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #12
Judge Simon
Wight

Pipe

Jecht took a few steps foward but something held him back and he turned back around.
Primrose-What? why don't you go over there?
Jecht-it doesn't feel right. I don't think I'll go over there just yet. I'm just going to walk around for a bit clear my head.
Jecht set his pint back on the table and walked off. He ran his hand through his short bristley black hair, not watching where he was going and ran into someone
Kalia-sorry[mumbled]
Jecht was about to say something harsh but caught his words before they came out
Jecht-Wat..oh..my fault need to watch where I'm going
Jecht noticed her book
Jecht-Whats that?
Kalia- A book...
Jecht- Well I know that, I meant what book is it?

OoC: Suicidal Elf Chick- I hope I didn't RP her too much(I couldn't resist that joke)
Old 08-11-2002, 06:32 PM   #13
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

>lol, no problem, Judge Simon! Oh, and Juniper Robyn is a character my friend made up, so don't steal her!<

"It's a copy of a book my father wrote. It's called 'The Adventures of Juniper Robyn'. It's one of my favorite books," she said, looking at the tattered cover. "Why? Why do you ask?" questioned, looking up at him.

Who are you?
Old 08-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #14
Primrose
Pile O'Bones

Eye

Primrose watched Jecht head towards the mystery elf then bump into someone else. Primrose giggled then thought to herself I knew that little chicken could not go see the elf, Primrose laughed again, ]he couldn’t even talk to the girl.
Primrose was about to go see the elf herself until something else more prominent caught her eye.
Some one in the corner covered head to two only showing her two emerald green eyes that seemed to glow in the fire. The character in the corner looked like a women but Primrose wasn’t quite sure, the light in the tavern was horrible to see in. Primrose started to walk toward the corner, the women that sat there started to get up. Primrose followed her upstairs, obviously she did not want to be seen. When the hobbit and the women reached the end of the hall, Primrose said “Stop this instant and tell me who you are, I would like to know why someone as tall as yourself is scared of a little defenseless hobbit like me.

[Oh ya, sorry Jecht bout the chicken thing. I don’t mean any hard feelings]

[ August 11, 2002: Message edited by: Primrose ]

Old 08-11-2002, 07:23 PM   #15
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

OoC: Primrose-Its ok..I'll just get Gandalf to turn you into something unnatural

BiC:
Jecht shook his head
Jecht-Just curious, written in Elvish?
Kalia-Why?
Jecht pointly looks at her ears.
Jecht-You don't exactly hide your race
kalia-Oh yeah, well it is.
Jecht nodded
Jecht-So would you like a drink, or are you setting of early in the morning?

OoC:BTW you guys, Jecht doesn't look like an elf, seeing as he's half. No pointed ears or usual tell-tale marks
Old 08-11-2002, 07:29 PM   #16
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise looked down at the hobbit. They were the only ones in the stairway so she pulled down her hood, revealing her face and her necklace containing a single green leaf which represented the royal Greenleafs.

"I am not afraid of you,"Thengise said softly."I just don't want to be recognized for then word would get to my father and he would surely come for me,"she added wondering if the hobbit knew yet who she was.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:35 PM   #17
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"Well, I don't exactly know what I'll be doing tomorrow, so why not?" Kalia said, putting her book away and covering her ears with her hair. She turned around and walked with Jecht back to the bar.

Who are you?
Old 08-11-2002, 07:51 PM   #18
Judge Simon
Wight

1420!

Jecht walked back with Kalia into the bar area. They passed by a long hallway and Jecht happened to look down it and saw Primrose,his small halfling friend and then he saw someone that made him do a double take. He looked right into her eyes and hers connected with his. Jecht looked away and then walked on with Kalia. They made it to the bar and although Jecht offered to buy her one, Kalia insisted on getting her own drink.
Jecht-Did you see the two in the hall back there?
Kalia-No, who was[she began to say looking back]
Jecht-No don't[he said holding her arm, turning her back around and then he let go]back there was a friend of mine and an elf
Kalia-There seems to be a bloody lot of us around[she said trying to make a joke out of it]
but Jecht was serious
Jecht-I used live in Mirkwood and I was there for 20 years. That elf back there was Prince Legolas Greenleaf's daughter. If its not her then I never lived there...He'd be mad if he knew where she was...
Old 08-11-2002, 08:00 PM   #19
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"Really? That was the princess? Hmm, if he'd be mad, you probably shouldn't tell him," Kalia said, looking at Jecht. "So, why are you here?" She chanced a look back where he had spoken about but saw that the two were gone.

Who are you?
Old 08-11-2002, 08:13 PM   #20
Judge Simon
Wight

1420!

Kalia-So, why are you here?
Jecht's face seemed to fall into shadow. And he fell into an old memory
start flashback
Bergild-Jecht, you are not worthy to live here any longer. You are your mother's child, not my son. Now that she has fallen to the doom of Man, I have no reason to allow you to live here.
[Jecht begins to speak, he looks 10 years younger and not scarred, long black hair tied in a pony tail]
Jecht- Father, don't cast me from your side
Bergild-I can and I have...leave these woods
End flash back
Jecht turned to Kalia and smiled a small smile
Jecht-Life got boring[he lied]
Old 08-11-2002, 08:22 PM   #21
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

"Yes, I know the feeling. Oh yes, my name is Kalia, who are you?" she asked, thinking of why she'd left her home. She was an outcast, scorned because she was the only one in her small town that liked reading. Everyone else either played darts or fought. They'd steal her books and burn them, so she'd left, taking her only remaining books, the one she'd shown to Jecht, and one that her mother had given her before she'd died.

Who are you?
Old 08-12-2002, 06:35 AM   #22
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

But Jecht didn't answer her. The Princess and the halfling were gone. He got up quickly from the bar leaving behind Kalia.
Kalia-Hey! Where you going?
He heard her call from behind him. Jecht wasn't paying attention as he moved swiftlydown the all where they saw them last. He heard the light footfalls of Kalia coming behind him.
Kalia-What is going on?
Jecht-ssshhhh[he said drawing a silver knife] I don't know, but I don't like it...
Kalia: Whats it matter?She's not your responsiblty, is she?
Jecht didn't answer put continued to move silently down the hall when...........
Old 08-12-2002, 10:34 AM   #23
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thorn grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. Her silver eyes sparkeled as he looked at her.

"I noticed you and that hobbit were staring at me. Why?"

"Well, I've just never seen a lady that has such odd colored hair and eyes before....Where are you from? And what is your name?"

Thorn put her head down and started to lie: "I have lived in Mirkwood all my life. I am Thoriel."

"Oh."

"If you don't mind, I would like to go to bed now. I will see you in the morning. Goodnight."

As she walked up the stairs, she started to think about her real past.
Flashback:

Eregion, Her father: Thorn! Run! We'll be alright!
Fëaearwen, her mother: Thorn! Get out! Leave! Make for Mirkwood! I love you!
Thorn, when she was little: Mama! Ada! I'll save you!
Eregion: NO! Go now!
She hears screaming as Orcs and other evil things broke into her house and killed her parents.
Thorn: Mama! Ada!
She drops down beside their dead bodies.
Thorn: No...(starts to cry)
She takes a necklace of a rose off of her mother's neck.
Thorn: I will see you in the Halls of Manwe...
She grabs some supplies and runs out of the house.
End Flashback
She starts to cry as she walks up stairs to her room,and fingers her necklace.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:43 PM   #24
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

Jecht watched her leave and then turned to Kailia
Jecht-Kalia follow her, she seems, well, I don't know, keep an eye on her.
Jecht then went silently down the hall alone. Straining his ears for the voice of Primrose the Halfling or perhaps Thengise. He turned the corner and found......
Old 08-12-2002, 04:59 PM   #25
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia stared at him. He had given her an order as if she worked for him. But then again, she was curious about Thoriel. She ran up behind her and smiled.
"Hi! My name is Kalia, where are you going?" she asked, trying to be friendly. She grinned nervously as Thoriel looked at her, hoping she wouldn't yell.

Who are you?
Old 08-13-2002, 02:18 PM   #26
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thorn saw Kalia walk up behind her and she wiped her eyes.

"To my room. And by the way my name is Thoriel. I hope you don't mind-"she puts the necklace in her shirt, "I'm going to bed. I will see you in the morning."

Thoriwl walked of and Kalia just stood there.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:31 PM   #27
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Kalia stood, watching Thoriel walk away.
"Ok, that was awkward," she muttered to herself, going off to find Jecht.

Who are you?
Old 08-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #28
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise had realized that a man or was it an elf, had been watching her. He looked familiar, as if she had seen him somewhere in Mirkwood, but she couldn't figure out who he was. She decided to walk outside in front of the tavern with the hobbit.

"Who may I ask are you?"Thengise asked the hobbit.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:17 PM   #29
Judge Simon
Wight

Sting

Jecht continued until the end of the hall, he had found no one. At the end of the hall there was a door that led to the back alley out side the Tavern. He went out and cautiously looked around him. It was a dark and Jecht had to watch where he put his feet. He came around to the front of the tavern and saw Thengise. She hadn't seen him and Jecht hid in the shadows, just watching. She was as beautiful as Jecht had remembered seeing her in his days in Mirkwood. Jecht knew he couldn't stay in the shadows though. He stood up tall and fixed his coat. He walked right over to the Princess.
Jecht-Princess Thengise of Mirkwood[he said in elvish, she turned around to face him and Jecht almost mechanically lowered his eyes and head] I am Jecht, one of your father's captains, don't worry he hasn't sent me to find you, and I will not tell him of your whereabouts, I only ask that you allow me to protect you as it is my sworn duty...[he kept his eyes lowered, for he knew he wasn't worthy to look on her, he wasn't even pure-blooded]

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: Judge Simon ]
Old 08-13-2002, 11:07 PM   #30
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise looked at Jecht now seeming to somewhat recognize him. She placed her fingers under his chin and lifted up his head.

"Mae govannen(Well met). I thank you very much for keeping my whereabouts secret and for wanting to protect me. You are true to your word. If that is what you want then you may protect me, but on the condition that we treat each other as friends and not by rank or blood,"she said softly to him, noticing how he would not allow himself to make eye contact.

"And do not be afraid to look upon me. I want you to feel comfortable around me. Remember we will be as friends,"she said with a soft smile on her face.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:15 AM   #31
Judge Simon
Wight

Tolkien

Jecht took a step back. He slowly lifted his eyes to hers as he talked.
Jecht-My Lady, what are you doing here? There is evil afoot...not the safest place to be searching for an adventure. Primrose, I see you've left your pint.
He said looking over to the hobbit. Primrose was about to respond when a loud crashing came from behind them in the dark alley, Jecht drew out a long silver knife and stood in front of Thengise.......
Old 08-14-2002, 11:39 PM   #32
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise quickly looked towards the sound wondering what it might be.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:24 AM   #33
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

ColletteTook has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to ColletteTook Send a message via AIM to ColletteTook
1420!

* Collette trips and knocks over a cart in the alley out of her own clubsiness* " CURSE YOU! ACCURSED FEET!" she says to herself, being pursued by a merchant and a few gaurds. " STOP HER! THIEF! THEIF!" . the hobbit ducked into a group of passing men and ran right into Primrose " a hobbit? STEALING? INSULTING OUR RACE?" she said, about to call for the guards
Collette gasped and backed away, with her stolen bread and cheese. She had a torn and patched skirt and Bodice that were in an array of tatters, a travel worn and faded green cloak and a single peive of cloth ( probably stolen) that held back her wild and unruly golden brown curls. she looked starved and miserable. and her green eyes hinted with distrust.
She fingered her dagger-sword..and then thengise looked at her...something was familiar...
Old 08-15-2002, 12:34 AM   #34
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Thengise looked at the hobbit. She seemed to recognize the girl yet she was covered with so much dirt that it was hard to see the hobbit's face.

She looked harder at the hobbit and realized who it was. "Put your knife away,"Thengise told Jecht as she grabbed the hobbit and hid her in the tavern.

Jecht slowly put the knife away. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he did as was told and followed Thengise back into the tavern along with Primrose.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:39 AM   #35
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette hadnt realized that it was thengise who held her yet.
" lemme go! LET GO! " She shrieked wildly., flailing her arms and legs around.She kicked up her skirt. if thengise had any doubt it was her before, it vanished as she saw a short and rigid scar oon the back of her calf, from a certain arrow wound. " Collette ! COLLETTE CALM DOWN ITS ME!" she said, once they were in the crowds of the tavern. " oh Thengise! Im so glad to see you again!" collette said, recognizing her vice and jumping up to hug her.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:45 AM   #36
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Jecht looked confused. "This is my very good friend,Collette, whom I have not seen for five years,"Thengise explained. "Good to see you my dear friend,"Thengise said as she hugged the hobbit. Thengise looked at her friend,"What happened? And who are you running from?"she began to question.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:54 AM   #37
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette looked down at the bread and cheese that she still clutched in her hands, as if she were using every bit of self control she had not to start eating it right then and there. " I tryed to go back.but instead they just posted a death warrant for me, so ive been living here for quite some time. sometimes living in alleys, sometimes under trees, right now im living under my cloak, and i am getting chased as an "acclaimed" thief! Its noot like it going to a bad cause! i gotta eat!"
She was quite right, as thengise stared at her. not the friend she used to remember, a plump cheery hobbit , but now a gaunt and skinny, unearthly skinny hobbit.
Collette stared at her food with longing. " im quite hungry do you mind horribly if i eat in front of you?"
Thengise smiled. she still hadnt lost her manners.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:00 AM   #38
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Of course I don't mind,"Thengise said with a smile on her face. "Here take this,"Thengise said handing Collette a pouch of gold coins from her cloak.

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood ]
Old 08-15-2002, 01:05 AM   #39
ColletteTook
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Collette pushes the sack away. "i dont need it. thanks anyways" , and begins to attack her food as if she hadnt eaten in days ( literally, she hadnt). "So..hows you and your father doing now. my plan worked i daresay?" asked collette through a mouthful of bread, seeing her friends eyes, that looked a little rosier and so did her cheecks. before all her eyes had been filled with was grief and sorrow for her mother, her father... and many other people, that she didnt not even have to worry for.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:10 AM   #40
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Yes it worked. My father and I are doing very well. We have bonded more, but at times I still run away, just for some adventure," Thengise smiled. She looked down at her friend, "You must take this! I will not sleep well until I know that you have plenty,"Thengise continued shoving the pouch back into Collette's hands.