Old 10-21-2002, 10:22 PM   #201
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Well, I suppose you are a barbarian [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

That's cute, Ross, very cute [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I will also be posting when Inspiration strikes me (mean old Muse....why's he have to be so violent all the time?)
Old 10-25-2002, 05:39 AM   #202
Phoenix Solitude
Animated Skeleton

Phoenix Solitude has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix Solitude Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Solitude
Tolkien

I'm sorry I have to leave the Downs. I leave my character Carathon to Halbereth. Thanks for a great time.
LOVE SOL
Old 10-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #203
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Ok. Sorry to see you go. Why are you leaving?
Old 10-26-2002, 06:26 PM   #204
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Also, does Halbereth know about this?

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 10-29-2002, 10:39 AM   #205
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

I do. We're mates of the Downs, and she can only reach the Net by my computer. But her family just moved, so we can only see each other monthly. She reckoned it would be best to just leave, rather than post monthly.
I'll be happy to play Carathon, although I know she's a better RPGer than me!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:17 PM   #206
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Oh, don't worry, Hal. I'm sure you'll do fine [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 12:13 AM   #207
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

We thought that a shadow of doubt hung over Sol's head, but it was just an angel whose wings hid the sun.

Good job getting Carathon away from the group, Susan. He was getting rather irritating. Either Oz or Himel would have done him an injury soon enough.

Will be posting in the RPG next week. Keep the fires burning! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 12:04 PM   #208
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Mind your manners, Mr. Barbarian. I happen to like Carathon, and think he'll probably have quite interesting interactions with Lenilos.

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 11-10-2002, 12:11 PM   #209
Childlike Empress
Wight

Childlike Empress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I like the language barrier idea. It makes for much more interesting interactions between them. Really, how would you interpret someone whose language you couldn't understand waving a knife at you? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2002, 09:47 AM   #210
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Sting

Hal, I wish you'd give Carathon more credit for intelligence. He is ignorant, yes, but that's understandable; he was raised by animals. But being ignorant does not make him stupid and he's certainly not a "dim, good natured, extremely naive ten year old".

Give the poor guy a break.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:02 PM   #211
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

All right, folks, we've just passed the four month mark. I think it's time we started winding it down, especially with the changes the Powers are going to institute.
I don't mean we have to finish in a day, but perhaps think about what the ending might be like.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #212
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Winding it down is a good idea. What's the plan?
Old 11-16-2002, 04:43 PM   #213
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Be assured there is one. Belin and I are discussing how much to reveal.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:28 PM   #214
Childlike Empress
Wight

Silmaril

Oh, now I'm sorry I came to this game so late. It's certainly been fun, though.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:58 PM   #215
Dorathain_Flamesword
Animated Skeleton

Location: U.S. Though Middle-Earth, Ireland or New Zealand would suit me. I am 50% Irish.
Dorathain_Flamesword has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tallon Fireaxe

Name: Tallon Fireaxe

Garrison: The Mines of Moria

Race: Dwarf of Moria

Height: 3” 6’

Appearance: A 3 ft. 6 in. nomadic Dwarf. He has sort of a long beard, short legs, strong arms, and semi-huge muscles, blue eyes, brown scraggly hair and an extremely handsome face.

Weapons: 2 axes. An enchanted one-handed axe enveloped by a small flame when fighting enemies given to him by his father, and another regular but strong axe. He also has a shield with his family’s emblem on it.

Armor: He is clad with a steel helm with horns on it, a Mithril shirt, Mithril leggings, leather gloves, black leather boots, leather brown leather sleeves and a black Elven cloak. He carries his normal axe on his back and his enchanted axe by his side. He also carries, on his back on top of the normal axe, a backpack full of journey equipment.

History: After the time period of the Lord of the Rings, the Dwarves were rekindled and decided to wipe out every Orc in the Mines of Moria, and reclaim it as the Dwarves’ once again. By the fifth year of the revival, the Mines were emptied of Orcs, and the glitter of jewels and treasures upon the walls of the Mines were brought once again. When the sixth year came, an army of Mordor Orc, in a last attempt for survival, attacked the Moria Mines and claimed the Mines from the Dwarves, the darkness and evil of the Mines was once again rekindled. The Dwarves were either killed or driven out of the Mines. One year after the desecration of the Dwarves’ once mighty Mines, two Dwarves, Lisbeth Moonhammer and Kallon Fireaxe met, married and gave birth to Tallon Fireaxe. After the death of Kallon and Lisbeth, Tallon went on to seek more Dwarves and other races to once again, rekindle the Dwarves’ spirits, and retake the Mines of Moria for the last time, and never give it up. He also seeks Gimli, son of Gloin and wishes to share adventures with him.

Personality: A nice Dwarf who will willingly give his life so that others may have happiness. His wish to cleanse Moria is a great example: He will give his life fighting, so that the Dwarves will once again claim their home, and the king will once again, claim his throne. He loves to travel and will try new things. He believes that life is a great adventure, and that everything has a purpose.
Even as they spoke there came a blare of trumpets. Then there was a crash and a flash of flame and smoke. The waters of the Deeping-stream poured out hissing and foaming: they were choked no longer, a gaping hole was blasted in the wall. A host of dark shapes poured in. "Devilry of Saruman!" cried Aragorn. -Helm's Deep.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:22 PM   #216
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

It's been nice to have you along, Empress, however briefly, and this game isn't over yet! There is still time for Lenilos to do something important (as I hear you're discussing with Susan). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Dorathain Flamesword.. hello there, and welcome to the 'Downs. Your character is an interesting one, but this game may not be the best fit for him. For one thing, this is not the Third Age. For another, the game is beginning to draw to a close, and we could really only accept you if you manage to convince us that Tallon has a place in the rest of this story. At the moment, I'm not even sure how you wanted him to meet up with any of our numerous groups of characters, or what you wanted to do with him.

If you'd like to make a case for him, or to create another character that you could plausibly bring in, feel free to do so (although keep in mind that this story is getting close to its ending). Otherwise, good luck in finding an RPG that you like, and perhaps our paths will cross again.

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 11-17-2002, 08:45 PM   #217
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

You obviously put some thought into your character. You might even consider making your Dwarf the star in his own game.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:32 PM   #218
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

After much discussion, We have decided that this game will last until 20th Dec, on which date, I or Belin will make a final post and ask Mithadan (or whomever is relevant) to close it and move it to Elvenhome.
We must be finished by that date, so everyone should start posting more often. If any of you have further questions, please feel free to pm one of us; we will happily answer them.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:59 AM   #219
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

It's about time, the rust on Oz's sword needs a buffing.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:16 AM   #220
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I don't see that you are in any position to complain about the way the game has been going.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #221
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Ozracles lived by the Sword,

Ozracles killed by the Sword

and
Ozracles died by the Sw...er... what?

a dagger... a bloomin' dagger...

The humanity!

Sigh!

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 11-23-2002, 03:26 AM   #222
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

*removes her hat*
I'd like to proffer a moment of silence for our fallen comrade. May he find what he seeks beyond the circles of the world.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:35 AM   #223
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

Susan, Belin - That was beautifully executed. Good Luck with the rest of the game. May it make a fine FanFic.

This is the second RPG I had to die for, but they were worth it. I couldn't have asked for better company on either.

Regarding Himelilek - Since this character's originator isn't claiming her, do with her as the story requires.

Thank you all for a great game.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #224
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Having silently observed the moment of silence (these things are difficult to do in a written medium, aren't they?), I suppose I should re-welcome Cimmerian in the person of Himelilek.

Also, if we're to finish this game up by Dec. 20, we all need to post a little more frequently (including that slacker Belin [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ), so let's have some posts come up in the RPG thread soon! I haven't heard from some of you in a while.

Also.... Public Service Announcement. I'm sure you've all noticed that the forum looks different now. There's all kinds of interesting things going on in the new forums, and I'd like to encourage all of you to drop into the White Horse or the Green Dragon (possibly even the Seventh Star) and see what's going on. There are some really interesting games starting in the Shire (For instance, Dwarin's looking for a few good dwarves in a game I'd join myself if I didn't have a "two RPG's at a time" rule), and proposals are needed in Rohan, so I'd like to urge anyone who feels like taking on another game to check it out.

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
Old 11-26-2002, 02:02 PM   #225
Childlike Empress
Wight

Silmaril

Whoa, there's been some changes since I was on last! Nothing less than the complete reorginization of the rpgs and Ozracles died! Sorry, Cimmerian. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Childlike Empress ]
Old 11-29-2002, 04:48 PM   #226
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Okay, I know that I disappeared for a while, I've been quite sick for said while, and it seemed to affect my brain because I had post-block. Very sorry. All better now, although even paler then per usual and very tired.
Even though I'm back, I probably won't be posting very much because exams are starting next week which limits my time severely. But I'll try. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Very sorry about Ozracles having 'passed on'

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 11-30-2002, 05:41 AM   #227
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

And Ozracles loves you all! *sniff*
Old 11-30-2002, 07:20 PM   #228
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

*rolls her eyes at the barbarous one*

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-02-2002, 01:02 PM   #229
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Awwww.

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, Rosseil, and I hope to see a Dineniel post soon. It's nice to have you back.

Good to see you too, Halbereth.. it's been a while. As to your suggestion...

Quote:
>I was thinking it might be interesting if Carathon ended up in love with Livia, but obviously he doesn't know what it is he feels. Livia can either love him back, or only like him as a friend, or just not like him. Carathon is probably around 17 now I think of it, but he acts more like 10 cos he was raised by wolves.<
It might be interesting, indeed, but remember that Livia already has an unrequited crush on the groom at the inn (who, mysteriously, seems to speak Sindarin...), and she's not precisely in the most romantic of moods at the moment. But, hey, that's not insurmountable (see also: Eowyn).

One more thing.. she's not an elf.......

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 12-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #230
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

The Eye

Um, so eventually all of the seperate groups will have to meet up. When, where, and how will we do this? Any suggestions? I seem to be drawing a blank, as per usual.

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, Rosseil, and I hope to see a Dineniel post soon. It's nice to have you back.
Thanks, it's nice to be back [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 07:47 AM   #231
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Himelilek wants the silmarils all for her greedy self. And she's mean.

Ooh, love in the air. Love!

Can I play with madness! That's Himelilek's philosophy.

Ooc - I got some hard knocks playing football today, that's foot ball (where ye awnlee yeuse yer feeth, laddies), so I might be out of my normal frame of mind for a few days.

Kill them all! ...oops, that was Oz from the grave. Belin save me.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM   #232
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

The Eye

Well, that one's far gone [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Meuw...starting to feel a bit 'distressed ferret', probably cos of exams. Here's my schedule:
-Come home, meaning to study
-Eat
-Study
-Twitch
-Cry
-Sleep
-Cram
-Cry
-Write exam
Will go blow things up to make me feel better.

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Rosseiliantiel ]
Old 12-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #233
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Rosseil, I can see that you and I have a lot in common. What I find myself doing is taking out some of my crying time and using it to write RPG posts. I recommend it highly [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. The twitching seems to be absolutely necessary, however....

As to your very good question about the future plot, I had a plan which went as follows.

As Lenilos, Carathon, Livia, and Hithduiniel go west (they've decided to take Livia home, Remdil, Eolinda, Dineniel, and the boy are riding east. Meanwhile, the brigands ride off in search of the Silmaril, behaving quarrelsomely. Eventually, they get to a cottage that's unmistakably that of Beren and Luthien and discover that it's all abandoned and cobwebby. They're not pleased. They set upon each other, quarrelsomely.
Whoever's left plunders the cottage and carries off what they find.

While this is going on, the other two groups meet up, purely by accident. Tearful reunion. Lenilos wants to go home. Hithduiniel runs off, since she wants to go west instead. She's stopped, however. Maybe she can have a nice talk with Dineniel. Everyone, in the words of Mithadan, is happy or sad and goes home. Where exactly home is, for some of these characters, is still a question of interpretation, and I could see it leading to a sequel, if the significant participants were so inclined.

Feel free to comment, criticize, or (better yet) suggest revisions.

Also: Childlike Empress, I have decided to edit my post so that I steal one horse (previously, I wasn't stealing any), so that's how many the girls have brought. Hithduiniel unfortunately refuses to ride it, though.

All right, on to the end! This should be exciting....

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]

Old 12-06-2002, 08:35 PM   #234
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Of course, this is slightly out of date, as Oz is already dead. But that's not important.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:39 PM   #235
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

You're giving away your omniscience, Susan. This is the revised version. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 12-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #236
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

No it's not....
Old 12-06-2002, 08:47 PM   #237
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Well, there's no mention of Oz, or of death.

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 12-06-2002, 08:50 PM   #238
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Sting

Quote:
the three brigands ride off in search of the Silmaril, behaving quarrelsomely. Eventually, they get to a cottage that's unmistakably that of Beren and Luthien and discover that it's all abandoned and cobwebby. They're not pleased. They set upon each other, quarrelsomely.
Whoever's left plunders the cottage and carries off what they find.
This implies that all three brigands go to the cottage and it is there that people die. But People have already died.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:52 PM   #239
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Or that, as you've suggested, one of them runs away. These things are really the same, I think. And it certainly doesn't imply it as strongly as it did when you read it and it had "somebody is killed" attached to it.

Of course, it makes little difference to the rest of us, as you're playing both the characters involved.

--Belin Ibaimendi

Edit: Oh, except for the word "three"... I missed that. Heh.

Old 12-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #240
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

No, I suppose it doesn't matter. I just value precision, you know. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"three"...now you see what I'm saying

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]