Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2002, 12:54 AM   #81
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

"Sister???" mumbled Bulvard. He hadn't seen her for years... "Culloth..." he cried, and looked up dazedly, "Is that really you or am I hallucinating again..."

"It's me brother, I have been searching for you for ages..." said the fiery haired woman, her stern look softened as he tried to get get, but she stopped him. "I cannot bear to see you suffering like this, what happened?"

Bulvard weakly pointed at someone but he fainted soon after. Culloth looked around, among the elves were two women like her.

"Tell me what this is all about?' she demanded of them.

"We are on a quest for the Crimson sword?" said Gwyn, "In the absence of our leader Calixto and Bulvard's present state, I have assumed leadership of this party."

Ooc - Aosama, you can introduce Gwyn better and tell of what your plan is.

"This here is Tumnaooriel," she said gesturing at the hooded woman. "Remove your hood, Tumnaooriel."

As Tumnaooriel removed her hood revealling her tear stained face and dirtied golden hair, Culloth gasped, "Fiona?" she stammerd and her horse reared up as she fell back.

"There we go again," cried Gwyn, "Who is this Fiona?"

"Don't you percieve this yet," said Elanor in a chanting monotone, "Fiona is Bulvard's dear departed wife."

Everyone apart from Culloth gasped at this.

"And Tumnaooriel resembles the woman as if she were her identical twin." continued Elanor, "I know of this for I have seen the visions that are plaguing Bulvard's mind."

"Who are you, woman?" cried Culloth. "Are you responsible for my brother's ill health?
Speak!"

Ooc - Manelwen, as Bul's sister you should know of his unstable mind, but the shock of seeing Tumnaooriel would bring back painful memories for Culloth too. COr..excellent drama.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:39 AM   #82
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Stop!" Gwyn cried aloud at the haughty woman, "You are my comrade Bulvard's sister, but I am the Lady of Rohan, and I will not allow you to mistreat our Elven friends, nor blame them for what they have not done. Tumnaooriel merely sat with Bulvard in the night, and in the darkness he mistook her for his beloved. This put him into the shock of grief - any more than this I cannot know, unless someone would care to tell me."
Old 07-14-2002, 10:07 AM   #83
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I will take him from here, he does not need this! He is already hurting, can't you all see this? And everytime that he will look into your face, Lady of Rohan, he will see only his dead wife and all the things that he has been stripped of!" She snarled angrily, cradling her unconscious brother in her arms.

"I do not think that is wize, for the sword is still out there, and we need to get it back!" The maiden called Gwyn snapped angrily.

Looking down at her brother, Culloth frowned, "Fine. I will come also but as soon as you find this sword, I am taking him with me."

Gwyn exchanged looks with the other members of the group that stood silently, she then nodded as if a general consensus had been passed wordlessly between them all. "Fine."

"Fiona..." Bulvard groaned, reaching out for the ghost of his wife. Culloth took the hand and gently cradled it in her own. "Hush, brother. Do not worry...I have got you." She said quietly, a vulnerable moment passed between the warrior brother and sister.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:23 PM   #84
Wight

Sting

Gwyn regretted needing to be so harsh. She respected and admired Bulvard, but he himself had known that the search for the Crimson Sword should take first priority, despite one's personal misgivings. Her gaze was softer when she returned to Culloth.

"I commit your brother's care to you," she said. "That is as it should be; you know him far better than any of us could ever claim to. I regret Bulvard's illness as well." Gwyn returned to her full height. "We will rest now, and come morning we will continue the Search."
Old 07-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #85
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Elanor sat up fuzzily, hearing a commotion. She saw a new woman had entered the camp and was shouting at anyone within earshot. The fiery woman was standing over Bulvard and suddenly drew out a dagger from her belt. Before her ears adjusted to the actual words she was shouting the dazed witch caught a flash of her thoughts.
...who did this? Why?...Bulvard...my brother...
Brother? Elanor was surprised but there were similarities; the hard face with lines of pain running over it, the jumble of thoughts. A milisecond afterwards the shouting hit her ears making her wince.
"...remove your hood Tumnaooriel.
Oh no, not a good idea... As Elanor had thought the womans reaction was instantanious; out came the dagger again.
"Fiona?"
"Here we go again; who is this Fiona?"
"Don't you percieve this yet," Elanor spoke aloud "Fiona is Bulvard's dear departed wife. Tumnaooriel resembles the woman as if she were her identical twin." continued Elanor, "I know of this for I have seen the visions that are plaguing Bulvard's mind." She almost immediatley wished she hadnt spoken as the Culloth rounded on her.
"Who are you, woman?" cried Culloth. "Are you responsible for my brother's ill health?"
Gwyn intervened although the clashing of the Lady Of Rohan and Culloths temper was quickly turning Elanors diving crystal a dangerous angry red.
"Fiona...." They turned to see Bulvard stretch out his hand, his eyes misty as he saw Tumna standing in front of him. His sister flashed an angry look at them before holding her brothers hand. As she soothed him she shot another suspicious look at the witch and instantly Elanor reeled back like she had been slapped as a flash of a vision hit her.
"Anything! I will give you anyhting but let me and my family go!" a distressed voice said. The speaker, a young man backed against a wall stood in front of a few goblins with their weapons drawn.
"Anything?"
"Of course! Just let us go!" Elanor saw the dribble of blood runing from the mans mouth and the terror in his eyes.
"Then bring us the tall warrior, the one named Bulvard!"
"What?! He is my brother in law I-" The goblin began to approach, his sword flashing and the young man started to gabble. "Of course! I will give him to you myself! But please let me go free!"
"Then go!"
FLASH!
"How could you!? My own brother!"
"I had no choice! Would you choose me or him!" The young man was shouting now and was faced by a red haired young woman. She paused, hurt and anger in her eyes.
"Well Culloth!? Who would you choose!"
She turned, a tear slipping down her face but determination etched on it. She slowly reached for the dagger in her belt. Spinning around she stuck it directly into the mans ribs.
"I had no choice my husband." She whispered quietly as he dropped to the floor. "I am sorry."

Elanor dropped the crystal to the floor, staring at Culloth, who had now risen and stood even more suspiciously in front of the stricken witch.
"You...you killed him..."
"How dare you accuse me! And who and why would I kill?" She was outraged.
"You...he was..." She staggered but Culloth, angry as she was had the grace to catch the yound witches wrist, bending her head to hear the last bit of what she said. "Your husband..." The last two words left Elanors lips in a tiny whisper only Culloth could hear but her head shot back up.
"Who are you?" She murmered shocked to the now unconcious woman.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:38 AM   #86
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Harolas lowered the arrow which he had trained on the newcomer all the while since she arrived and made all the noise. he unstrung his bow and replaced it back to it's resting place.
"Who have we picked up now?" he wondered, " not another misguided soul to torment everyone."
He crept back up the tree and settled down once more, the morning would spare enough time or him to know more of this Culloth.

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: The Viking Thunder ]
Old 07-16-2002, 10:33 AM   #87
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

"Stop this foolishness!" Elwyn cried, from where Bulvard lay, unconscious again. "Why does it matter who is in charge of him? I have been tending him since Tumnaooriel came to us and he took his first spell. All of this arguing makes no difference."

The warrior woman stalked up to the elf-maid. "And what would you know about my brother, elf? How dare you say what is best for him?"

Suddenly, Bulvard groaned again, sitting up and crying "Fiona!". Elwyn glared at Culloth and knelt beside him, running a cool hand over his brow. "Shhhh. Sleep. Everything's all right." she whispered. Bulvard reached up and covered her hand with his own, his eyes staring up at her but not really seeing Elwyn Arienwen. And he slept.

"That, Culloth, is how I know what is best for him. You may join our company and care for your brother, but I am a trained healer and he trusts me. Do not let your predjudice of elves hurt him."
Old 07-17-2002, 03:20 AM   #88
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard slept, his head rested on Elwyn's lap, his brow furrowed as he dreamed.
Fuzzy dark shapes moved around, bright lights flashed in sudden bursts, a woman's face floated up and faded away, she kept calling his name...a bird screeched.

Suddenly Aronja screeched loudly, making everyone jump...

"What's that bird screaming for?" asked Culloth.

"That's Bulvard's falcon," replied Gwyn, " It seems to have a mental connection with him."

"What, that's insane," said Culloth angrily.

"It is true," replied Elanor.

"You better stay away from me, witch." hissed Culloth.

"But you must believe..." said Elanor softly raising her arms upward.

Suddenly the falcon screeched again and Bulvard's voice seemd to emerge from it's being...

"Dying Swans, twisted wings, Beauty not needed here
Lost my love, lost my life, in this garden of fear
I have seen many things, in a lifetime alone
Mother love is no more, bring this savage back home
Wilderness, house of pain, makes no sense of it all
Close my mind, dull this brain, messiah before his fall
What you see is not real, those who know will not tell "

The bird screeched again and fell to the ground even as Elanor collapsed where she was standing.

"Bah, even more foul elvish trickery," shouted Culloth and even Gwyn seemed to think so this time.

Everyone stared at the stilled body of the witch. Bulvard groaned softly.

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-17-2002, 12:55 PM   #89
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

The hawk landed on a perch that had been rigged for her next to where Bulvard lay. Elwyn absentmindedly stroked the soft feathers of her breast as she dribbled a little water into Bulvard's mouth. The others were still arguing about what the hawk had said and what it meant. Bulvard's sister still didn't believe that it had really happened. Elwyn disagreed. She didn't know what powers this bond between hawk and man had, but she could see the effect it had on Bulvard. When the hawk was near, the man calmed and seemed to sleep easier. When she was distressed, so was he. As the hawk settled down, a smile crossed Bulvard's sleeping face.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:38 AM   #90
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The dappled sunlight coming from between the trees played on Elanors eyelids, waking her slowly. She half opened her eyes to see not many people were awake at this early hour of the morning. Yawning she got up, deciding to make herself useful; maybe it would improve her standing with the others.
You better stay away from me witch...
Culloths words came back to Elanor. She glanced nervously at Bulvards warrior sister, now lying on a small pile of leaves beside her brother. How had the witch become so entwined in the affairs of those who resented her? She thought of the strange episode with the hawk, the riddles it had spoken in, filling her mind with strange dreams throughout the night, although for some reason they had vanished as quickly as the morning dew. Why did the last line seem to overshadow the rest in her mind?
What you see is not real, those who know will not tell .
"Ive never been all that good at solving riddles." She loosed a small stream of sparks onto a pile of twigs she had collected, starting a small fire. She jumped as she heard a voice behind her.
"Making another potion to fool us all witch?" Elanor spun around as if she had been stung at Harolas' voice. He was lounging against a tree and his words were full of spite; whats more he did not seem tired, and Elanor realised he mus have been watching her all the time.
"Ah yes, what a potion, soup! Terrifying!" Harolas seemed to take the quiet murmer as more than it was and leapt on it.
"Yes thats right, brew your potion and mutter your words over it, plotting to poison us all-" He taunted, but Elanor interupted him.
"Why would I do that?!" She burst out. Her temper rarely flared up but this insolent elf was too much. "Why would I poison those who have showed me kindness, my companions and frien-"
"Dont say that word!" He cut her off just as sharply."I am certainly no friend of any deceitful witch. And I am sure the others would agree. Especially those you enchant and make ill, meddling in their buisness, distressing their families!"
"Thats not true!"
"Then what happened? Bulvard suddenly got ill without any cause?"
"No, I-"
"A hawk can speak like a man?"
"I had nothing to do with-"
"And you are at the root of it all." Culloth, now awake, relished the last words, hearing the desperation in the witchs voice. The witch, who had been backing away from the now standing elf spun around with a cry, running into the surrounding forest with a sob.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:08 AM   #91
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Harolas grinned as we watched the witch run away... "I bet she's of to consort with her orcish comrades and plot more mischielf."

"Better she does that there and in our midst," said Culloth, yawning.

"Well, if she returns.. I have a few arrows with her name of them," said the elf archer.

Ooc - Hey, you wrote me in as a real meanie, Amanaduial. Well I'll play along.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:11 AM   #92
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

im really sorry, if u dont like it ill change/get rid of it. U dont have to be a meanie, just really not like witches
Old 07-25-2002, 01:30 PM   #93
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Suddenly Harolas reeled back. Elwyn had left her vigil by Bulvard's side just in time to hear what had gone on between him and Elanor. She had slapped him hard, leaving a red livid mark on his cheek.

"How could you!" she shouted, her red face the same color as her hair. "What did she do to you!"

"She is a witch. She deserved what she got." Harolas muttered, not understanding this new outburst. "She has caused all of the unnatural things that have been befalling us."

"What? She did nothing of the sort!"

"Elwyn, I thought you...I thought you liked me..." he said, uncertainly.

"And I thought that you were a better elf than this!"

Elwyn leapt on her horse and galloped in the direction that Elanor had taken.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #94
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor sat in the branches of a tree, her back against one of the leafy branches, tears running down her cheeks. Taking a deep breath she continued muttering to herself, as she had done for the past fifteen minutes.
"Harolas, I apologise. Im very sorry if I led you astray or dismayed you but i really havent done anything and why the blazes am I apologising its you who insulted me which is why Im sitting in a tree in the middle of a bleedin forest. It should be the other way aroun-ow!" She kicked the tree, yelped and clutched her foot. The previous apology attempts had gone similarly and her foot was throbbing.
"Why am I even apologising? Never been my strong point."
"I dont know why are you apologising Elanor? What did you do?" The voice almost made Elanor fall off her branch in shock.
"Elwyn. You dont...Harolas...I didnt do it- hang on a minute." She took a deep breath and looked down. "What?"
Elwyn sighed and the witch saw how flustered and upset she seemed. Elwyn sighed, her voice shaking but smiling. "Do I have to stand yelling or do I have permission to enter you abode?" Elanor offered her her hand and pulled her up. She'd barely got settled in a branch before she was speaking nonstop.
"Elanor, what happened? I know you didnt do anything and the way Harolas reacted was ridiculous, how can he think that?You really didnt do anything but they..." She trailed off at Elanors puzzled face.
"Hang on...You dont think I did anything?" Elanor spoke cautiously then winced as Elwyns face became exasperated.
"What?!I know you didnt do anything why-" She stopped, exasperated before giving Elanor a massive hug, knocking the breath out of her. Then the witch stiffened.
"What?" Elwyns voice was a whisper as she released Elanor.
"Well dont look now but is there anyone in the camp who could possibly have followed you?"
"I suppose..."
"Would they be wearing a dark cloak and be fixing an arrow on us right now?"
"What? No."
"Then we're in trouble! Move!" Elanor dragged her friend to the side as an arrow thudded into the bark where Elanors head had been a milisecond before. A laugh came from below them along with a spiteful voice.
"Now now ladies, don get flustered!" It taunted them. Elanors head shot up to see the attacker but she'd vanished.
"Just remember I'll be watching all of you. You and the witch, the warrior and his sister, the mysterious elf, the warriormaids and the archer-Im watching all of you." Elwyn and Elanor spun around as the voice sounded almost beside their ears but the mysterious figure had gone, a trail of malicious laughter sounding behind her...
Old 07-26-2002, 05:37 PM   #95
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn had drawn her dagger and was turning around, searching for the malicious, dark-cloaked figure, but he or she was gone. Shaking, she leapt from the tree. "Come, Elanor. We should go back to the others." She mounted her horse and gestured for the witch to mount behind her. Elanor clutched her friend tightly around the waist as they rode off, back towards they who had spurned the innocent Elanor.
Old 07-27-2002, 03:30 AM   #96
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Ooc- Um, is this mysterious malicious person the same one I had mentioned in my earlier post?

Bulvard awoke suddenly, his mind now clear as pure water from the mountains. He looked around to see no one in sight. Had he been dreaming it all?... then there in front of him stood a face he had known and loved all his life... Fiona and with her... a little girl... he reached out to them.. but they moved away.. suddenly Fiona started to laugh..a cruel malicious laugh...Bulvard broke out in a cold sweat.... then another woman appeared, none like he had known before and she beckoned to him, held out her hand..."Bulvard," she cried, "You must wake up and break free of this spell, it is your confinement to the bird that has led your mind asunder.... it was not a blessing but a curse that melded your conciousness with the falcon... curse of an old evil wizard...."
"No," cried Bilvard, "never ..not Aronja."
"Yes, warrior...it is true," said the white robed apparition.
"She lies, my love," said a cruelly smiling Fiona as Bulvard looked at her in horror.
"Who are you? he asked the apparition.
"I am Elanor and I have entered your dream to save you," said the young woman.
"No, lies...you are the witch," stammered Bulvard....
"Come with me..." intoned Fiona and Elanor in unison.

Bulvard's comatose body convulsed as he reached out to make a dreaded choice in his dreams.

"Kill the bird," rang out Elanor's voice as she almost fell of the horse, Elwyn grabbed her and steadied the young witch who was shaking like a leaf.

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 07-27-2002, 04:02 AM   #97
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC yes it is the same person that you mentioned cimm

Beads of sweat formed on Elanors forehead as she strained to enter Bulvards mind. Mind dwelling, as in proper entering the conciousness, had never been one of her favourite things, especially with unwilling subjects.
Then all at once the pressure flooded to calm relief as she found herself standing in a picturesque valley. The beauty of it took her breath away but then she saw not one figure, Bulvard, but two extras, a woman and a child. As she approached her eyes widened as she realised it was Fiona and his daughter. But how? She had cleared Bulvards mind, these were certainly not visions conjured up by his own thoughts. Someone else had got in? Surely not...
Bulvard reached out to the pair but "Fiona" moved away, taking the child, her mouth wide as she laughed. That laugh...Exactly like the laugh of the archer...
Elanor moved towards the pained man, her hand beckoning.
Bulvard...You must wake up and break free of this spell, it is your confinement to the bird that has led your mind asunder....it was not a blessing but a curse that melded your conciousness with the falcon...curse of an old evil wizard...."
Her voice rang like silver around the valley and almost had the desired effect, for Bulvard looked up at her smiling. Then a frown creased his brow. "No...never, not Aronja!"
"Yes warrior it is true."
Then the other started speaking, the one who pretended to be his wife. Elanor could not hear- the one controlling her had put up a barrier and was at the same time pushing her out. To the witches relief Bulvard turned back to her.
"Who are you?"
"I am Elanor and I have entered your dream to save you,"
"No, lies...you are the witch,"
Elanor groaned inwardly. What did everyone have against witches?!
"Come with me." Elanor spoke but at the same time saw the other womans lips move likewise. As the other looked at her, her grin twisted upwards and Elanor felt a powerful mind pushing against her. It was all she could do to leave her form in Bulvards mind before..

..she was back on Elwyns horse. She saw Bulvard convulsing on the floor and realised with a pang what she had to do, although it was the last thing she had wanted.
"Kill the bird." Her voice still held a fraction of the silver it had posessed in the valley but it was hoarser as she almost fell of Elwyns horse. The elfen woman caught her and dismouted, making sure the witch could stand steadily.
"What?!" Elanor flinched as Culloth stormed up to her, anger etched all over her face. "I know some of you have some highly strung ideas about the bird, but my brother cares for it, and he needs something to care for in the world."
"He has you doesnt he?" Elanors voice held only a trace of sarcasm but she immediatley regretted it. Culloth stopped, hr face truly hurt. She just stared at the witch in silence. Elanor tried to make ammends, her voice soft and earnest.
"Please...What your brother used to care for is what is holding him trapped inside his own mind. Something knows our weaknesses and Aranjo is Bulvards. Destroy it and he will be free. Please?"
Old 07-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #98
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"So who will kill it?" asked Culloth caustically. "I cannot. He is my brother, and he loves that bird. Well, Elf? Will you do it?" she shot sarcastically at Elwyn. "If you know what is best for my brother, surely you can carry this out."

"I am a healer, Culloth, and not accustomed to killing in cold blood. But I am the only one who can kill the poor beast without causing it pain. And it trusts me." Elwyn whistled, and the hawk flew to her fist. She placed a hand on its breast and muttered "I am sorry, friend hawk." Then she closed her eyes, casting her spirit into the hawk. She could feel it's spirit, burning like a golden fire. But over it was a dark cloud, as if of smoke, black as night. Elwyn cast her red-gold flame like a curtain over this cloud, stifling it and the fire beneath. The bird went stiff in her hands and it's dark eyes clouded.

A single tear fell from Elwyn's eyes onto the creamy white feathers of the bird's breast. "Go swiftly, my friend hawk. Do not look back."
Old 07-28-2002, 03:42 PM   #99
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor bit her lip as the bird went stiff to stop herself saying anything. Her mind knew it was the right and only thing to do, but her heart cried out for the life of the innocent creature. But that was nothing to what she got next...
The witch jolted as if hit physically as she felt Bulvard cry out. It was as if part of him had been ripped away and his body writhed on the forest floor nearby. Feelings flashed so fast through his mind that Elanor could not follow them, whirled around like a leaf in the wind of his mind. Fiona, on the other side of the tumult was changing as well. Her face changed, dripping as if made of wax. Like Elanor she had found something in Bulvards mind to cling onto physically to help her visualise it, and she clung to a child swing that blew eerily through the warriors mind. They were both in danger of being thrown off, but if the other was thrown off, both she and Elanor knew she wouldnt be able to get back in to this extent. She looked straight through the whirling chaotic visions at Elanor and the witch felt a strange tingle go down her spine.
"I will watch you witch. Never think any of you friends will remain true to you, for I will always find a way in. I am watching you and all your friends..." The swing suddenyl cracked and the woman was whirled away, her form melting and vanishing away from Bulvards mind. With the threat gone-for now- Elanor gratefully Elanor let go of her desperate grasp on the humans mind. She was thrown with breathtaking painful force into her body. There the others stood or sat, watching Bulvards convulsing writhing body...
Old 07-29-2002, 12:07 AM   #100
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Coughing out blood, Bulvard awoke. He gasped for breath as he stared at those around him... and his eyes fell on the falcon that lay still in Elwyn's hands...
"Aronja..." he whispered hoarsely, reaching out for the dead bird.

He looked around in disbelief and distrust as the others shifted uneasily about him.

Clutching the cold, lifeless creature close to his breast he looked accusingly at everyone and cried, "What have you done... what have you done?"
Old 07-29-2002, 09:15 AM   #101
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor looked at her hands. Culloth smiled and looked pointed at her.
"Oh, I think Im going to enjoy this. Go on witch. Would you like to explain just what happened to his hawk.
Bulvard swung around to face her his face tight with anger and his hand reaching for his dagger. "You! Why did-" He paused suddenly remembering when he had been unconcious, and the white robed magnificence who had entered his troubled dreams.
He looked at Aronja.
He looked at Elanor.
He looked at the dagger.
He looked back at Elanor. His face was still cold as his eyes burned like coals.
"You killed my bird." He stepped towards the terrified witch, his hand still holding the knife. "And doing so you killed my friend and companion."
Elanor stepped backwards and Elwyn started to walk towards the pair, her mouth open in protest. Culloth stopped her easily. "Hush elf. She is a black witch. My brother will give her what she deserves."
Bulvard continued to advance. "The link I had with a constant soulmate was severed when you ended his life." The unfortunate witch took another step backwards and hit the hard bar of a tree behind her. Gulping she stared up at the dagger Bulvard had raised above her head. Trying to take another step back she tripped on a root and fell heavily.
Ok, dai ja vous.... A small sarcastic voice said in the back of her head from somewhere behind the terrified immobilised part.
"For all this I could kill you-" The world hung on as he paused. Culloth held back Elwyn, who had paused her straining against the warrior woman. Harolas stared with a mixture of horror and confusion at the dagger. Tumnaooriel seemed to be in a dream. The others stared at the knife blade, their weapons in their hands, but doing nothing.
Why arent you moving!? Elanors mind screamed at them.
At the center of it stood the terrified witch shrinking against the tree and the warrior.
Suddenly he dropped the blade to the floor. It fell on its side, striking one of the roots of the tree with a dull thud.
"But you saved me from whatever held me in that trance. For that and the other we are equal." Bulvards face was not warm- he was hurting over the death of Aronja but he was not murderous anymore as he offered her a hand and pulled Elanor to her feet.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:23 AM   #102
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn let out a deep sigh of relief. Pulling away from Culloth's restraining arm, she dashed up to where Bulvard and Elanor stood.

"Bulvard, how do you feel?"

"Like I've been trampled. But other than that, just perfect."
Old 07-29-2002, 11:26 PM   #103
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard stood alone, tall and sullen as Elanor was helped away by Elwyn. Slight rain had started to fall as the man looked upward. It seemed that part of him had died...again, but this time it also freed his mind and soul. He thought clearly for the first time since the wizard had given him this gift.... of Aronja.

Culloth came over and put an arm around her brother's slouched shoulders, but she was curious and led him toward Tumnaooriel. The tall, white haired man looked down at the beautiful woman. She was shivering from the cold rain, but stood her ground and looked into his pale, grey eyes. Bulvard caressed her cheek and turned away.

"I must say, she does remind me of my beloved Fiona, but only in vision. I feel nothing else...there is no stiring in my heart for her." said Bulvard.

Tumnaooriel looked up in surprise.

"Elanor, you have saved me...that accursed wizard's gift was eating away at my mind and my soul.... you have saved me," the tall man continued, "and I will consider you a friend."
Old 07-30-2002, 12:42 PM   #104
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Tumnaooriel had been shocked by the reactionof the new-comer to her face. She had hoped to keep this revelatin from Culloth for a while, as she feared the reaction of the blunt woman might cause more friction in a group which was already fracturing around her. She had kept her hood up and remained quiet, in the hope that she would be overlooked, but she had known that she would have to be mentioned in the course of Bulvard's story.
"Fiona?" Culloth had gasped and Tumnaooriel longed to know more abut Fiona, whose memory seemed to cause both Bulvard and Culloth such pain , but she knew she would never be able to ask either of them about her.

Now that Bulvard was revived, she could hear the brother and sister talking about her and she turned away, not wishing to nkow what they said. She was glad of the rain; it gave her an excuse to raise her hood and hide her features. The light rain falling on her face also made it less visible that she was crying. She did not know what she could do to lessen the distress her appearence seemed to cause. She decided to go for a walk leaving the brother and sister to continune their discussion without distraction, but before she could leave the goup, she felt a hand on her shoulder.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:18 PM   #105
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn supported Elanor as they walked over to a large tree. The healer set the witch down against it's sturdy trunk. Elanor was exhausted, and fell asleep almost immediately. Elwyn sat with her, watching her as she slept. She didn't hear Harolas coming up behind her.

"Why do you care for that witch so, Elwyn Arienwen?" he asked, sitting down beside her.

"She is my friend, Harolas, witch or no."

"You are too trusting. Witches can be treacherous."

"I trust her with my life, Harolas. She could have slain all of us a million times over. Give her a chance."
Old 08-09-2002, 12:13 AM   #106
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Harolas looked at Elwyn in confusion but said nothing. He was still unsure of the witch, Elanor, even if she had supposedly cured Bulvard of his ailments. He decided to run ahead and scout around the gloomy surroundings. Alone, his thoughts could be clearer.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:25 AM   #107
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Elanor mounted her horse with the others. They had decided to go ahead with the quest, as Bulvard was recovered. To Elanors relief, Culloth was no longer openly hostile, but she had not seen Harolas yet, for he had gone to scout ahead about an hour ago. Still, she couldnt shake off the memory of the archer in the woods, or the creature masquerading as Fiona, or the feeling that the two were somehow related. Under her breath she murmered a small protection spell, but with the sinking feeling it wouldnt do much about what they were up against...
As they rode through the trees the dappled sunlight played softly over them, relaxing them. The companions fell into amiable murmering conversation as they rode, even laughing as they talked. Then one laugh rang over the others, a long hard laugh with no mirth in it. Bulvard stopped the group, motioning his fingers to his lips. Once again the laugh rang out, followed by a howl.
Then another.
Then another and another...
The eerie howls rang around the forest, surrounding the group.
"Wargs? Or something worse..." She heard Elwyn mutter as she drew her weapons. Elanor loosened the straps on the sais in her sleeves as the gleaming eyes appeared around them...

OCC: sorry all, but i thought things should move on a bit, seeing as its really slowed down again
Old 08-13-2002, 12:05 PM   #108
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn dismounted from her horse and strode forward, her spear clutched in her hand. Behind her, she could hear her horse begin to make shrill sounds of terror. Dashing back, Elwyn tried to calm the terrified beast.

"What is it?" she asked Bulvard, a note of fear in her voice. "Those sounds are like nothing I've ever heard before."
Old 08-14-2002, 03:45 PM   #109
Wight

Sting

"Wargs." Gwyn rushed forward, unsheathing her sword.

"Arm yourselves!" she shouted to the group, "We have very little time. These Wargs are dangerous, and can kill us all quite easily." She squinted her eyes and looked about. "From the sounds of it, I'd say they are to the West."

Gwyn looked at the terrified expression on Elwyn's face.

"Don't be afraid. We have many valiant warriors here. I won't let harm come to my comrades, if I can help it."
Old 08-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #110
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard sat down with a dazed expression on his face, apparently he had forgotten how to fight without his falcon.

He sat and stared at Tumnaooriel, she seemed vaguely familiar to him and he reached out and tried to touch her, but his visual perception was yet unclear and he ended up clutching at thin air.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ August 17, 2002: Message edited by: Cimmerian ]
Old 08-19-2002, 08:44 AM   #111
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

At the mention of wargs, Tumnaooriel shivered. She had never been raised to fight, she was only a farmer's daughter. Whenever there had been danger at home, she and her mother had hidden under the bed while her father and brothers rpotected their home and lands. She closed her eyes, hoping that when she opened them she would be back in the farmstead dozing by the fire. She was not surprised or disappoited when this did not happen. She merely sighed and wondered what she should do.
She looked across at Bulvard. Even this seasoned fighter seemed to be unaware of his surroundings or the danger threatening the group. He merely seemed to be straing into space, immersed in his own thoughts.
"Bulvard" she called gently, "Bulvard"
Old 08-19-2002, 11:45 AM   #112
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"I am not afraid," Elwyn said icily to Gwyn. "I have met Wargs before. Just because I heal, you think I cannot fight. That couldn't be further from the truth."

But even Elwyn couldn't surpress a shiver as another unearthly howl pierced the air. She readjusted her grip on her long spear and with her keen elven eyes, tried to pierce the darkness that surrounded them.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:22 AM   #113
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard looked up in fear at the one who called his name. He felt unsure of what to do. The woman who called out to him looked vaguely familiar. She had her arms outstretched, beckoning to him. The tall, white haired man swiftly crawled over to her, as others rushed around in a chaotic manner.
Like a frightened child the huge man fell into her open embrace. Nestling his head into her warm bosom, he fell into blissful sleep.

Tumnaooriel was surprised, yet pleasantly so. She put her arm protectively around his broad shoulders and ran her other hand over his hair. She felt secure in the big warrior's arms as the others prepared to defend them.

Ooc - Allright, Aman! Lead the attack against the warg, Bul is out
Old 08-21-2002, 12:00 PM   #114
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"Oh, Elbereth, not again," Elwyn muttered as she went over to help Tumnaooriel to lower the big warrior to the ground. "Just when you think he's recovered..."

Another unearthly howl split the peace of the night. Elwyn unsheathed her sword and stood over Bulvard. In the time she had been caring for him, she had developed a very protective attitude. She would be damned if she'd let some Warg hurt him.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:21 AM   #115
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

A warm glow spread through Tumnaooriel as Bulvard nestled in her arms and she felt a sudden affinity with the large warrior. She allowed Elwyn to help her lower the man to the ground, now fast asleep. Another howl rang out around the group and Elwyn unsheathed her sword and then looked down at Bulvard.
"It's ok," Tumnaooriel said, sensing the concern the other had for the great man, "I'll look after him, I can't fight so I might as well." But deep down she knew it wasn't true. She wanted to look after him, to make sure he was ok. She wondered why she felt so strongly for a man she'd only just met and remembered how it had felt for the few moments he was in her arms. It was a feeling she didn't want to lose.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:46 PM   #116
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

"No, Tumnaooriel. I cannot allow you to guard him if you cannot fight. It would be too dangerous for you and for him. Take my horse and this dagger and prepare for the worst. I will protect Bulvard. I have a strange feeling that all of this has something to do with him, and he must be protected."

Tumnaooriel nodded reluctantly and took the knife from Elwyn. Just as she was about to get on the tall blood bay mare, another piercing howl sent a shiver up her spine. Whatever it was was getting closer.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:57 PM   #117
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

A dark figure ran through the woods, panting and cursing. His right hand clutched the handle of a bastards sword, it's dark blade wet with wolf's blood. His left hand held a bow, though his quiver had long been emptied of arrows. Ransom Deviolana cursed again, feeling a stab of pain in his left leg. Some accursed wargs had attacked him while he slept. My, how this world has gone down the drain. He had figured that a vacation to the land of his old employer, one King Rafflensher XXIII. So much for a nice, quite hike....

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 08-28-2002, 02:46 AM   #118
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bulvard stirred suddenly and looked around frantically. His eyes widened in fear at the chilling sounds of howling. The beautiful woman he held on to earlier was no where in sight. Suddenly he noticed someone standing over him. It's her! His mind cried and the large warrior grabbed Elwyn from behind and dragged her down. Holding her face down in the dirt, he whispered, "I won't let them take you... not this time. I will keep you alive." and then the heavy man collapsed into a state on unconsciousness, pinning the elf maid under his vast bulk.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:17 PM   #119
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

What was that?

Ransom had heard a dull *umph* up ahead, along with the sound of armour falling. A quick glance caught the figure of an vaugly human shape, but no more. Who else would be out here now?

Another howl issued from the right. The wargs were trying to flank him. Only one choice. Ransom began to turn left, heading toward the sounds and praying to the gods that they weren't orcs. He stowed his bow, giving him use of both hands.

Too late. The warg to his right burst from the bushes, snapping his teath and clawing. A paw dug into his right arm, between his mail shirt and his gauntlets. Ransom swung his left hand with desperation, hearing a satisfying crunch as the gauntlet impacted the warg's head, sending it reeling backwards and exposing the neck. With a quite swish, the wolf lost it's head.

Without pausing, Ransom began to run again, but fatigue and blood loss began to slow him and blurr his vision. He didn't see the body of a Gondorian knight in the way, nor hear the shouting of the elven maiden pinned under him. A boot slammed into a leg, and Ransom quickly saw the ground approaching his head before blessed oblivion overcame him.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:43 AM   #120
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elwyn struggled in vain, pinned under Bulvard's heavy bulk. She could hear growls and shouts coming from around her, but the small amount of air that she could take in was not enough to scream.

She could feel herself falling into unconsciousness, and prayed to the Valar with all her might. "Let Bulvard and the rest be spared." Then, all around her were shadows.